test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Previously, a lion in a long battle could get 8 stacks, now it is more than 2. Is this how it should be or is it a bug now and has it been fixed on the test?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

bpstuart, It's a separate server entirely. The only cross over is if you copy a character over from the live server via https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw Characters would never go back to the live server as there are many extra "stores" and options on the preview server in which you can get newer items for 1 copper, or you can copy multiple version of a live character to essentially multiply your assets.

Excellent, thanks for the info.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

Quick question for Y'all who have done preview, how are Preview characters handled? Are they just Deleted when it goes live or are they transferred into your account?

I want to know if i should nuke the test characters i have made so they don't clog up my character slots.

Nothing you do on preview goes to live.
    It is entirely "practice".
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Test. Delete. Copy. Test. Do whatever you want because it cannot go back to live.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

It's called "Cowl of the Royal Reserve". I've used colors like "Masquerade Dye" with "Black Dye" to mask certain areas. Prior to that there was either Rex Corona or Cowl of the Dead used, I'm unsure. I change things a lot.

I dunno. I'm kinda getting used to it. I call it Invisiquack.

hustin1 said:

So perhaps there's hope that the Hexbane Hood will have visuals for female characters someday -- which is ironic since Marion Hexbane is female.

Both these issues should be fixed in next week's patch. The "Cowl of Royal Reserve" will no longer remove the player's head when equipped, and "Hexbane's Hood" now displays visuals when equipped by a female character.
    The only other item I can find in my stockpile now with issues is the Full Helm of the Spider -- no visuals for female characters.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vikingozzievikingozzie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm having issues with my companion (con artist) not staying with me or able to follow me. few times he got stuck in stone walls, but he seems to go in other directions or just can't get to where I am unless I resummon him. doesn't help as a paladin with the big drop in damage and being slow so I can't get away from groups of mobs to not have my companion which is a big part of my damage. Never had this issue before at least to this extent, and it seems to be happening threw out running the quest line.
  • stormhowlerstormhowler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Two QoL things:

1. Can the bounty masters in Caer Konig and Dread Ring get an exchange slider like the one in Sharandar has? They are starting to feel left out.
    2. Can we get a vendor that will happily exchange +1 crafted items for the normal kind, so mastercrafters don't have to twist themselves in knots trying to get results that can be traded in at the atelier, goldsmith etc?

edited because it is fridaymorningzzzzzzz
    Post edited by stormhowler on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Can we get a vendor that will happily exchange +1 crafted items for the normal kind,

We have been told there will be an option to "downgrade" +1 items to normal, maybe not coming with Mod 16, but certainly before Mod 17, at least. This will be really nice if you got something like, say Calishite Saddle +1 - a really expensive, but utterly useless item and worthless as you cannot turn it in to complete the quest or anything.

With Mastercrafting effectively being dead in Mod 16, having to wait a bit for this fix isn't too much of an issue.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • stormhowlerstormhowler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    "With Mastercrafting effectively being dead in Mod 16, having to wait a bit for this fix isn't too much of an issue."

Yeah you say that. But for me, and some online friends, it is very demotivating to keep getting +1 items that are effectively useless. And we haven't maxed our mastercrafting yet. So to us, it would be nice to be able to keep working on it and at least try to play catch up. Something that you see as not much of an issue can be interesting or important to someone else ;)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2019
  • finefineday#4940 finefineday Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

The only other item I can find in my stockpile now with issues is the Full Helm of the Spider -- no visuals for female characters.

I'm having trouble reproducing this issue on my end. I equipped the "Full Helm of the Spider" on a female character, and it did have visuals. Is anyone else also missing visuals when they equip "Full Helm of the Spider" on a female character?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    General impressions after playing with it for a week or so:
    The adventure is interesting and the new setting and environment are fantastic. The Changes made to the mechanics seemed balanced well for the new content. New content is good even if i still chafe at the class re-balance and Nerfs of player choice.

The new mechanics however are not well balanced for the old content as i breezed through the start of the game on a new cleric character with laughable ease. All of my time on the forums the mechanical changes were being sold as a way to reduce oneshoting bosses and doing away with some toxic idea of ideal builds but then i oneshot a boss but still am left to work within the lack of choice the new system leaves. Powers being given to you in a predetermined order based on level instead of letting you choose level appropriate powers or focus on one. The compelling choices are gone and the reasons i have been fed to me to justify them are not accomplished. This leaves an impression that the mechanics were never tested on low level content.

Part of why i like this game was the aspect of building a character to meet the challenges ahead, and if i cycled my characters correctly the content never got stale, partly because i could play with different builds and playstyles. Even little things like picking one power to get first when i knew i would end up with them all eventually was amusing, i got to dictate the terms of how i engaged with the game. Now i don't. I only get to choose from 2 role specific and restrictive paragon paths with no wiggle room to put my own take on them. That is not that intriguing. i get the feeling you are courting a new player base with these mechanics but the older content is not setup to intrigue in that new style. It was built with a certain playstyle in mind and unless you are going to go back and change it to suit the new style it is going to feel out of place.

Considering these factors you are either going to leave the old content as is and leave a weaker experience for it, laboriously re-balance all the old content which could take months or years, or in some future mod are going to nuke all the old content and introduce a different campaign for starting characters effectively wiping away content of all the Devs that came before.
    the only idea of release date were given is "Spring" and well it is spring and i am not sure it is ready. Knowing how much longer it has in the oven would be helpful because we know what to expect.

i can't shake the impression you don't give a skinned hamster's hackysack what we think, but i am going to keep talking in case i am wrong.

i am also sure in the belief that Neverwinter is being de-prioritized and the gutting of the mechanics is part of reducing maintenance needs which i understand is not the Devs fault but it feels like i could be getting something better that does the same thing. I am hoping that 'quality of life' changes can be introduced that make player expression easier but i am not holding my breath.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

Long-standing display bug, dating back to introduction of new character models:
    Half orcs created after the Tower of Alteration went live do not have fingernails.

It's not game-breaking, but it's definitely annoying, and should be fixable by simply putting those assets back in place.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Preview Patchnotes:
    [Paraphrased] Certain artifacts (looking at you, Envenomed Storyteller's Journal) no longer nuke every enemy in range.

Fix confirmed:
    Envenomed Journal 3 seconds after artifact used.
    Before the patch, every mob and their aunt in Cleveland would be dead by now.
    So, yes this broken artifact is balanced. That needed to be done. No doubt. Thanks.

Yet, getting my HAMSTER kicked in Vankradoom and other overpowered areas, The Took is both relieved and saddened.
    Is missing that wrong? It feels wrong.
    Internally conflicted Took
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Comment got deleted.

Concerning the patch for 3/22/19:

I have all class features on my OH unlocked on live, but this does not transfer to preview. Considering that there are more available on live than preview, I would be displeased to discover that I had to unlock them again once M16 launched. Please have a corresponding amount of offhand class features (and stats) unlocked on older weapons for mod 16.

Offhands no longer come with one random class feature unlocked.
    Can only unlock 3 stats on the Exalted Feathered Illhuilli.
    Can unlock all but 3 stats on the Brightsilver Icon.
    Can unlock 5 stats on the Exalted Pioneer Ramz.
    Some artifact offhands (Exalted Feathered Illhuilli) are unable to unlock artifact class features at all despite having cubes of augmentation in your inventory.
    The stats are randomized each time, but only a certain amount per offhand may be unlocked. Based on this, I think all offhands need looking at.

This does not apply to the mainhand, so that's a good thing. In all the artifact stats are pretty nice, though the mainhand at will bonuses are not appealing, since all of them either add 10% healing or 10% damage. Again, I will miss the variety in builds that came by choosing a mainhand and offhand artifact bonus. The stats are nice, but I will still miss the option of slowing with an at will, or healing for a percentage of health upon using a daily.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

Devs, is there any point in calling out items that are currently in-game that have severe texture clipping issues? Masks melting into faces, hairbands cutting ears in half, things like that? It's cosmetic stuff, and not new problems, so I'd understand if this isn't the place for it, but it's also stuff that kinda... shouldn't be happening, and I don't know if it's as simple as making the mesh morph around face geometry, or if it would basically require recreating the appearance from scratch.

Yes, it is always good to point these out, and we fix them as we can get to them. Sometimes they're easy fixes, sometimes they're hard, but we always appreciate the bug reports.
    This isn't a clipping issue per se and as the items in question are really old, probably a long shot... but it would be great if Armor of Lolth (CW) and Dark Armor of Lolth (DC) got the back flap like Lifesilk Spinneret has. Especially given the long standing issue of cloaks not rendering while mounted, the lack of anything covering the default underwear isn't good. It would also be nice if a future pants/shirt set acted like Primal Paints did with underwear replacement, just without the actual paint.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Can we please have clear statements in Tool Tips if powers are Physical or Spells?
    Also a clear statement of their damage types?

Both of these would be helpful for understanding how powers work for the new stats and then for each class.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Master expeditions and the new event dungeon need to be on queues, I'm not really in the mood to keep spamming in the zone chat for groups.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Riddle me this, devs. If THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE is saying mod16 scales everything to be more/too difficult, why did this most recent build feature no reduction in difficulty of basically anything, but an across-the-board nerf to pets and half the classes seeing significant nerfs to abilities? Why are you making it EVEN HARDER?
    -all debuff pets lose their debuffs, the ones I have and can check did not gain anything new to fill the holes left by simply deleting the abilities
    -all pets lost 50-80% of their DPS
    -companion gear stats heavily slashed across the board
    -some companion powers that were "improperly" able to be slotted in utility are now restricted to defense only, resulting in a minor DPS loss
    -Axestorm damage reduced by 55% magnitude/~60% realized DPS
    -Hidden Daggers "fix" resulted in ~15% total DPS loss
    -all tank specs' mitigation reduced 40%
    -all tank specs lose half their block amount
    -no change to amount of self-damage Bloodspiller does, despite patch notes saying otherwise (still 1-shotting self)
    -nerf to Chains of Blazing Light AoE size
    -Bladed Rampart damage effectively reduced 33%
    -Divine Palisade heavily nerfed by adding conditions and additional costs
    -BoVA "fix" results in a ~10% overall DPS loss
    -Vampiric Embrace now no longer ever summons a soul puppet, despite patch notes to contrary, resulting in a ~3% overall DPS loss
    -lvl 80 gear received minor stat nerfs and ilvl reductions
    -scaling in low-ilvl-required epic dungeons has gotten EVEN WORSE, why am I at only 5700 defense in a lvl 70 epic dungeon with a lvl 80 character that has 43k defense in PE????????
    -no more brokenly powerful artifact or legendary mount powers to help us deal with the huge number of still-broken mobs that have tens of millions of health when we hit for thousands (yes I know this has been an ongoing, incremental "fix"/nerf).

This is backwards. You fix the overtuned baddies FIRST, then you adjust us to where you want us. The way you're doing it now makes it feel like you're intentionally trying to drive people away from the game.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

Riddle me this, devs. If THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE is saying mod16 scales everything to be more/too difficult, why did this most recent build feature no reduction in difficulty of basically anything, but an across-the-board nerf to pets and half the classes seeing significant nerfs to abilities? Why are you making it EVEN HARDER?
    -all debuff pets lose their debuffs, the ones I have and can check did not gain anything new to fill the holes left by simply deleting the abilities
    -all pets lost 50-80% of their DPS
    -companion gear stats heavily slashed across the board
    -some companion powers that were "improperly" able to be slotted in utility are now restricted to defense only, resulting in a minor DPS loss
    -Axestorm damage reduced by 55% magnitude/~60% realized DPS
    -Hidden Daggers "fix" resulted in ~15% total DPS loss
    -all tank specs' mitigation reduced 40%
    -all tank specs lose half their block amount
    -no change to amount of self-damage Bloodspiller does, despite patch notes saying otherwise (still 1-shotting self)
    -nerf to Chains of Blazing Light AoE size
    -Bladed Rampart damage effectively reduced 33%
    -Divine Palisade heavily nerfed by adding conditions and additional costs
    -BoVA "fix" results in a ~10% overall DPS loss
    -Vampiric Embrace now no longer ever summons a soul puppet, despite patch notes to contrary, resulting in a ~3% overall DPS loss
    -lvl 80 gear received minor stat nerfs and ilvl reductions
    -scaling in low-ilvl-required epic dungeons has gotten EVEN WORSE, why am I at only 5700 defense in a lvl 70 epic dungeon with a lvl 80 character that has 43k defense in PE????????
    -no more brokenly powerful artifact or legendary mount powers to help us deal with the huge number of still-broken mobs that have tens of millions of health when we hit for thousands (yes I know this has been an ongoing, incremental "fix"/nerf).

This is backwards. You fix the overtuned baddies FIRST, then you adjust us to where you want us. The way you're doing it now makes it feel like you're intentionally trying to drive people away from the game.

All the game mechanics solo are just running out. Was not it enough to remove Recovery, Lifesteal and Action Point as well as remove status from the attributes? I imagine the player who only has 3 hours free to play, taking that of the LFG for everything to do, and the disappointment of not being able to.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    While testing HR at-wills today after patch i found that majority of tooltips on HR at-wills provide wrong cast times.
    Sometimes these cast times are twice as much more than what tooltips state!
    I'm pretty well sure it applies not only to HR.*
    Therefore a question pops up: what is actually going to happen: adjustment of tooltips or adjustment of cast times?
    On paper (aka according to tooltips) some powers seem pretty well balanced, until you start to check cast times and notice that power, which could be good in theory, is in fact badly underpowered due to twice as longer cast time than stated in tooltip.

UPDATE:
    *My friend just confirmed that CW does not have this problem with at-wills. Can anybody, please, check other classes?
    Post edited by userutf8 on
    ABSOLUTE
  • drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    it has to be harder or we'll get bored really soon... ;)
    If you know how to play your class and play smart then you won't have troubles for solo content.
    edited March 2019
    Well, it might take a larger time commitment since you aren't going to roflstomp everything, but I find his point to be valid also. Once you find a smooth new rotation and keep on the right level gear, most stuff isn't unbearably hard. You might still be in danger of dying to a level 7 if you walk into a mob and go afk, but in leveling 3 characters from scratch with literally nothing as I'm a console player, I didn't have too much trouble so far if you discount bugs. I'm still getting around to the level 70 campaign zones, but all of the leveling zones felt pretty close to live in terms of time. Yeah, I had to drink potions. Maybe I died a couple more times overall.

His point is that we don't get mods very often, and honestly this mod doesn't include a lot of new content. Undermountain only takes a few hours to get through to level 80. Then there's a new dungeon and new gear. A week or two, three to four at the most, for most players to regear. I understand why there's not more content, but his point is that this mod doesn't have a lot of incentive for people to keep playing. When people get bored and run out of things to do, they go play something else. And that's going to happen fast.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    When doing the Dwarven King quests, the Chandler Farm keeps you at level 70, but the mobs are level 78.
    Not fair!!!

It looks like they were scaled to my level (78) and I was capped at level 70.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Are you seriously removing slot designations from the tooltips?

Since there isn't a fashion thread to put this in:

I really LOVE the color of the Forgotten Hide of the Prospector. Can we pretty please see this color as a dye in the future, preferably individual dye? <3 </font color>
  • tankready#0772 tankready Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    In Mod 16 Please Don't Remove Temp Shields From Oath Paladins At Least Keep Wrath Temp Shield. From Level 70 to 80 it was very difficult to level solo with out it.

If any other oath paladins out there want to reply to this please let developers know by replying #save Wrath Temp Shield Below it is also up to use oath paladins to make the difference here moving forward with mod 16. Don't forget #save Warth Temp Shield & Safe Travels

Ps Feel free to hit agree aswell thanks.