test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

legendary assets bound to caracter

stallions12stallions12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
some time ago i bougt profesions assets, one of each. and yesterday all of them are bound to caracter........................why?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You used them. Using them on a character binds them to that character.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    the confusion is probably because mod 14 they were not boc after use. they didn't bind. they sadly changed that boa even would have been better. boc needs to go totally imo.
    I disagree. Some things that are intended only for the character acquiring them, such as the Heart of Fire enchant, should be bound to that character.

But a lot of other things, yeah, BtA should be the highest possible level of binding.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    System changed when they changed professions. Deal with it.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I can entirely understand the anger if people paid 30M for one before the change that could be freely passed between characters and suddenly found that not only had the price crashed, but they were now bound on use, but if you acquired it after the change, as a gathering tool would have been then I have a lot less sympathy.

I can entirely understand the anger if people paid 30M for one before the change that could be freely passed between characters and suddenly found that not only had the price crashed, but they were now bound on use, but if you acquired it after the change, as a gathering tool would have been then I have a lot less sympathy.

Except that the legendary tools as they exist now are not the same as the tools that existed before the professions system changed. Therefore that is a non-argument.
    greywynd said:

Except that the legendary tools as they exist now are not the same as the tools that existed before the professions system changed. Therefore that is a non-argument.
    They were tradable 1:1 so essentially equivalent.

Cryptic committed many sins with the last two modules, but one consistent between the two was rendering stuff that cost >10M worthless. They hadn't really done this before.
    Show me where Cryptic was selling anything in the AH for 10M.
    greywynd said:

Show me where Cryptic was selling anything in the AH for 10M.

Cryptic almost never were, but they know damn well that legendary lockbox drops including mounts (still useful but with the stat changes some less useful than others) and tools would go for that much at least. Cryptic doesn't sell anything on the AH outside promotions where they have sold stuff for many millions (I fail to remember what the item was but they sold 5 of a one event only item 1 at a time).
    Knox. Irrelevant. That was done to removed AD from the economy.

Anything placed in the AH by a player, the player sets the price. To Cryptic the value of those tools was a portion of the cost of the key it took to open the lockbox. Nothing more.
    edited March 2019
    greywynd said:

Anything placed in the AH by a player, the player sets the price. To Cryptic the value of those tools was a portion of the cost of the key it took to open the lockbox. Nothing more.

Then you seem to not have made the connection, those expensive items are often sold and also remove ADs from the economy when sold by way of the transaction tax. They are necessary for that reason as well as the "chance to win a big shiny".
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

greywynd said:

Then you seem to not have made the connection, those expensive items are often sold and also remove ADs from the economy when sold by way of the transaction tax. They are necessary for that reason as well as the "chance to win a big shiny".
    Players buying from other players moves AD around the economy. Not removes it.
    edited March 2019

greywynd said:

Using the AH removes 10% as the sales fee.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

greywynd said:

True. And given the amount of AD still in the economy, you cannot honestly expect anyone to believe that you believe that 10% of a purchase's price leaving the game has any real effect.

greywynd said:

True. And given the amount of AD still in the economy, you cannot honestly expect anyone to believe that you believe that 10% of a purchase's price leaving the game has any real effect.
    Vast numbers of purchases, and yes, I don't know the numbers but every 100M out of the economy (c100 leg mounts worth of commission) is 200K off the ZAX backlog.
    The backlog in the exchange has exactly what to do with this discussion? Why is there an orange in the apple basket?
    edited March 2019
    greywynd said:

The backlog in the exchange has exactly what to do with this discussion? Why is there an orange in the apple basket?

Sorry, you clearly have no clue about this, putting large shinies in lockboxes of whatever sort takes chunks of ADs out of the system. The ZAX backlog needs reducing, hence Knox and desirable stuff in lockboxes that suck ADs out of the game via the AH are important.

This relates to the discussion because Cryptic WANT people to buy legendary tools for 50M not 300K, that's a load more ADs sucked out of the economy, if the playerbase loses confidence in whatever item, be it a tool, +1 masterwork equipment or whatever and refuse to pay so much, they have to work harder to get those ADs out and the backlog increases.

Changing the bind status on these makes them worth a lot less and is one of the things that causes this sort of thing.
    You don't seem to get it. The stuff in the AH, the shinies in the lockboxes, has ZERO to do with the backlog of the ZAX. People that have zen aren't selling it. Full stop. That is where the backlog is.

Cryptic doesn't care how much you sell a legendary tool for. If they cared, the auction house would be controlled by them; not by the players.
    greywynd said:

You don't seem to get it. The stuff in the AH, the shinies in the lockboxes, has ZERO to do with the backlog of the ZAX. People that have zen aren't selling it. Full stop. That is where the backlog is.

Cryptic doesn't care how much you sell a legendary tool for. If they cared, the auction house would be controlled by them; not by the players.

They're are selling it, but more slowly than people want to buy it, but that would be way worse without the AH taking ADs out of the economy.

And Cryptic do care or the expensive stuff would be more common, Cryptic setting the rarity and quality effectively sets an estimate for the price. I'd love to know how well they estimate the prices, and also how they estimate the "first few days" price and where it's going to settle.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2019

greywynd said:

They're are selling it, but more slowly than people want to buy it, but that would be way worse without the AH taking ADs out of the economy.

And Cryptic do care or the expensive stuff would be more common, Cryptic setting the rarity and quality effectively sets an estimate for the price. I'd love to know how well they estimate the prices, and also how they estimate the "first few days" price and where it's going to settle.
    AH only takes 10% of the item transaction price out of the economy. That hardly has much effect comparing with AD refined everyday especially at this moment, people does not want to buy anything.
    AD store is the store that takes 100% AD of the item price out of the economy.
    The estimate price of a new item in the first posting (or an item was not posted for a long time) is a pretty much garbage number because when I posted a pretty much garbage old item, it gave me over 1 million AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

greywynd said:

most of us acquired them before the change I believe.

greywynd said:

most of us acquired them before the change I believe.
    I never had any before and dropped a couple after, I've never had close to 30M ADs at any one time, the most I've ever had was the 16M I sold my one (from several thousand lockboxes) leg mount and that lasted about 20 minutes.