test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Why insignia refinement must using insignia same type and with different rank as reagent? why not using mark of potency or enchanting stone?
    Will you give us extra bag slot? Insignias will occupied more slot in inventory imho.

The goal, one imagines, is to make those previously useless green and blue insignias that you get from skill nodes and the like useful again.
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but for the last few weeks on Live the green insignia from skill nodes and monster drops have been unbound instead of character-bound the way they were before.

So there will be a market, both to sell the green insignia that players looking for Legendary bonuses need, and to buy the green insignia you're short on.
    The two green insignia I got today from skill nodes are character bound.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Insignia from skill nodes still seem BtC, but insignia from random monster drops are unbound, just as they have been. It would be great to make the green skill node insignias unbound. It would significantly reduce the inventory space we need for all the insignia we heed to collect for upgrading.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > Insignia from skill nodes still seem BtC, but insignia from random monster drops are unbound, just as they have been. It would be great to make the green skill node insignias unbound. It would significantly reduce the inventory space we need for all the insignia we heed to collect for upgrading.

Since m15 launch, a small number of green insignia from nodes have been unbound. I don't know if it is constant for certain types or determined some other way. It was something I considered tracking but never got around to.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    hmm...OK, sounds like a half-implemented change. Would be nice to see them unbound everywhere.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It might be a bug though, always the issue with undocumented changes. The price of greens plummeted except for regals on the AH.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I'm not a big fan of bringing back something similar to the old refinement system for enchants, for use on insignias. It wastes a lot of storage, and makes the whole process more complicated than it needs to be. My suggestion would be to rank them up exactly as we do enchants.... refinement stones and refinement points and let that be it.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

I'm not a big fan of bringing back something similar to the old refinement system for enchants, for use on insignias. It wastes a lot of storage, and makes the whole process more complicated than it needs to be. My suggestion would be to rank them up exactly as we do enchants.... refinement stones and refinement points and let that be it.

If insignia improvement worked the way enchants worked, it'd give us yet another thing to spend preservation wards on.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

If insignia improvement worked the way enchants worked, it'd give us yet another thing to spend preservation wards on.
    Don't know about you... but i'm always short on preservation wards, and a little bit long on refinement points.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Don't know about you... but i'm always short on preservation wards, and a little bit long on refinement points.
    Well, then you shouldn't want a program that exacerbates that problem I would imagine!
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

tgwolf said:

Why do enchantments scale? Rank 15 radiant enchantment gives 1200 power in the Enclave. But...

240 power in Dread Ring
    460 power in Barovia, Omu, Castle Ravenloft, etc.
    1200 in Undermountain

That's making enchants useless, considering what they cost.

They talked about how they were improving scaling for Zones when your Lv. is scaled down and mentioned overall it would result in those areas being harder.

Exacting those scaling changes on the items directly is easier than doing it to your stats directly which results in a less precise result.
    Sure. But all zones mentioned (but Undermountain?) are level 70 zones entered with a level 70 character. Why is there any scaling applied? What's the logic of any scaling if the level of the zone is the same as the player's level?

It also seems that only enchants are scaled. Other equipment is untouched.

We need a clear statement if this is a bug or intended behavior.
    Because in order to be more precise they take into account iLvL as well. The iLvL difficulty of Dread Ring is far different to the iLvL difficulty of Chult or Barovia.

If they scaled you to the former, the latter would be far too hard but if they scaled you to latter, the former would remain too easy.

This is why LvL scaling was always too inaccurate.
  • sprat140#9415 sprat140 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I do not know if this question has been addressed or if this is the proper forum for this question, but what is %Hit Points Strength that is found on some of the enchantments (see Wicked Enchantment, among others)?
    There are two versions:

+% Hit Points strength boosts your companions health by that percent.
    +% Power boosts your companions damage by that percent.
    edited March 2019
    THE SKY IS FALLING! - STOP THE PANIC... PLEASE!!!.

Devs,

If M16 stays the course without any major stat changes, most players are going to want to fill most of their slots with Azure Enchantments. This is a single stat enchantment. Right now, avid players have invested 2-4m each in a large number of triple stat enchantments. I have 27 unbound rank-14 triple stat enchantments and I will not slot ANY triple-stat enchantments in MOD-16 because they will be vastly inferior to Azure. There are many, many players in my situation.

Please, stop the panic by announcing that triple-stat enchantments will be exchangable for single stat enchantments.

The Azure enchantment is now far and away the best enchantment in the game. It used to be 1 million for rank 14, while the triple stat enchantments were 2-4 million. After launch, these prices will swap. After exchange period is over, the Azure enchantment will go up to 5 million each, and the triple stat enchantments will go down to about 1 million each.

If you think I'm freaking out about this... wait till you see what others are gonna do when they learn they just lost 50 million AD in value. For players with all triple-stat enchants to switch to Azure, they will need to farm 100,000 AD every day for two years! or spend $1000, which is a slap in the face to players that just spent $1000 to obtain the triple-stat enchantments.

Unless we get a prompt, positive response on this, I will be forced to retire from NeverWinter gameplay while all of my enchantments go up for auction and are exchanged for some sort of single stat enchantment. I'll have no ability to play REQ or RAQ, so i'll just log out and wait for M16 to launch.
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Devs,

If M16 stays the course without any major stat changes, most players are going to want to fill most of their slots with Azure Enchantments. This is a single stat enchantment. Right now, avid players have invested 2-4m each in a large number of triple stat enchantments. I have 27 unbound rank-14 triple stat enchantments and I will not slot ANY triple-stat enchantments in MOD-16 because they will be vastly inferior to Azure. There are many, many players in my situation.

Please, stop the panic by announcing that triple-stat enchantments will be exchangable for single stat enchantments.

The Azure enchantment is now far and away the best enchantment in the game. It used to be 1 million for rank 14, while the triple stat enchantments were 2-4 million. After launch, these prices will swap. After exchange period is over, the Azure enchantment will go up to 5 million each, and the triple stat enchantments will go down to about 1 million each.

If you think I'm freaking out about this... wait till you see what others are gonna do when they learn they just lost 50 million AD in value. For players with all triple-stat enchants to switch to Azure, they will need to farm 100,000 AD every day for two years! or spend $1000, which is a slap in the face to players that just spent $1000 to obtain the triple-stat enchantments.

Unless we get a prompt, positive response on this, I will be forced to retire from NeverWinter gameplay while all of my enchantments go up for auction and are exchanged for some sort of single stat enchantment. I'll have no ability to play REQ or RAQ, so i'll just log out and wait for M16 to launch.

I don't see why azures would be BIS. On preview I was able to keep all my black ices and I am more than capped in crit.... The gear and "combined rating bonus stats" give a lot.
    As a dps, we need power, so once you are capped in basic stats and crit or CA, you know what you have to do.
    Unless you refer to tanks? But I think they need HP before defense.

Actually, the system of exchange is really well-thought, and it applies mostly to the trade from enchants to runes. Because many people will stick to their current enchants.
    edited March 2019
    After posting, I discovered that the created a new Assassin's Enchantment, which gives useful stats...

Critical Hit = 325
    Combat Awareness = 650
    Accuracy = 325

This is a decent offensive one and I will use a few of these. Still, I think we should have an option to downgrade Triple to Dual, and from Dual to Single. All that's needed is to add an additional pack option to the "Claim Tab". On that topic, I accidentally exchanged a 3-Stat enchantment for a rune pack last night on Preview. On live.. I bet someone will do this as well.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Devs,

One of my BiS guildies was hitting the caps without his enchants and was slotting all radiants in offence slots.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    capping for most stats are not a problem. I almost capped everything with just my normal level 70 gear I am currently wearing on live. The only thing that was way under was CA. everything else was already either above the necessary amount or very close to it.

"just with my level 70 gear that i was previously wearing i have 16k more arm pen then i need. crit is at 49.968%, accuracy is capped. only things for me to gain are power and CA bonus and this is for level 80 enemies"
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    To everyone saying they have capped or almost capped all stats. Have you capped them for level 80 open world content or Lair of the Mad Mage? Because the dungeon is 32K per stat, not 24K per stat.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    is there really a difference? I capped open world with level 70 gear. getting the rest in 10 levels of gear will not be a problem at all.
    akemnos said:

is there really a difference? I capped open world with level 70 gear. getting the rest in 10 levels of gear will not be a problem at all.

Good luck trying
    edited March 2019
    akemnos said:

With your level 70 gear you have 49,000 points in deflection and 29,000 points in awareness?...plus the others are capped too? I doubt that is possible. With level 80 gear, I'm still not capped for the 24,000 difficulty yet. For the dungeon to be capped you need an additional 64,000 stat points beyond. Furthermore, to climb from 90% Combat Awareness to the 100% cap would be entirely wasteful unless you first dump a large amount of stat increase toward Health and Power.
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    nisckis said:

To everyone saying they have capped or almost capped all stats. Have you capped them for level 80 open world content or Lair of the Mad Mage? Because the dungeon is 32K per stat, not 24K per stat.

lvl 70 is 14k
    lvl 80 is 24k (figures given by DEV...)

So YES with your gears from LIVE you can cap or at least almost.
    Why do you think Lair of mad mage is 32k? cause would be blasted (even now it is)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    edited March 2019

nisckis said:

lvl 70 is 14k

Why do you think Lair of mad mage is 32k? cause would be blasted (even now it is)
    You can go to preview, that obviously you have not done, and see it by yourself.

By the way, no one cares what stats are required for level 70 when gameplay is at level 80, so "capping" level 70 is completely useless.

• itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    nisckis said:

nisckis said:

lvl 70 is 14k

You can go to preview, that obviously you have not done, and see it by yourself.
    Well I was on preview thats why I can state this.
    Willl take screenshot next time.

Dont misunderstood I never said LIVE gears is BIS so dont change, just that the cap is not so hard to reach (and I not even count guild boon)
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Will exchanging enchants result in a binding status change? Ie: will unbound enchant become BtA or BtC when exchanged?

Any word on this? Not sure yet whether exchanging enchantments will make them bound or not when m16 goes live...
    edited March 2019

The antiquities dealer in Protectors Enclave is trading single-stat enchantments for single-stat option packs. When opened, however, the single-stat enchantment packs contain the triple-stat enchantment set to select from..

• miotest#5683 miotest Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    There is no need to search long to conclude that the ratio of ratings obtained from enchantments vs ratings from other sources has changed very strongly to the detriment of enchantments and we have added more statistics. It is so much unbalanced that we can only use enchantments for the final tuning of a pre-tuned buid character. Suppose we have over 400k of all ratings on the character .... if I want to fine-tune some offensive statistics so only 9x one statistic enchantment (1200) = 10800 or over 4x defensive enchantment (1200) = 4800.

You must add the ability to exchange multi-statistic enchantment for enchantment with one and two statistics. (if it wasn't a plan from the beginning - so you do it because it makes sense and it doesn't cast a shadow of doubt)

No doubt 3stat. and 2stat. enchantments are neither good for fine-tuning nor as a basis for building a character (they cannot serve anything else). I say it too as the owner of many 3stat. enchantments though i know they are more expensive - i will still respect the disadvantageous exchange rate of 1: 1 for 1stat. enchantment.

I have already accepted in favor of the game and balance with the new players, with the enchantments losing 10 times the value for statistics vs. other resources. Here I will be very interested in what the reaction will be.