test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily Quest from Harper in PE for Tyranny of Dragons, Help Needed

waren24waren24 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Today I reached 67% Advancement in the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign and started the Tiamat task in the middle of the top row. I even have the first boon. But I still can't get the daily quests (Common Cause and Culling the Cultists (might be more than one spelling error there)) from the Harper in PE, nor do I get the weekly slay a Cult Dragon quest. Obviously since I am 67% through the campaign I have done the Assisting Harpers, as well as all the other lower tier tasks, but I can't figure out how to get her to give me the daily quest. And in case you're wondering, she does give me the weekly Defend the Portal quest.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    IIRC there are two quest tied to the dailies. You probably did not finish one of them. I would look through your quest journal and abandon anything that looks cult-of-the-dragon-ish
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Boward tells you to go to Neverdeath and talk to Windle (iirc), Windle gives you a couple quests to do, you do them, finish them for her, she sends you back to Boward with a specific 'Report' item, which unlocks the next set of quests. This pattern repeats for each zone that ToD sends you to.

If she isn't giving you something, I would guess that somewhere along the way, as namelesshero347 suggested, you didn't complete one of the zones/tasks.
  • waren24waren24 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've worked all my quests to the only remaining one is the one to upgrade my workshop
    Then I'd suspect there is a contact, in the last zone you did a ToD task in, that is waiting to give you a report to take back to Boward, or has another task for you. If you haven't spoken to them, I don't think it will show in your journal.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    Try to remember where you did the last task. You need to get back to that area to talk the NPC there. However, his quest could be changed and does not match to what you need. Hence, you may need to get back there the next day to try again. In the worst case, you may need to do that for about 4 days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    waren24 said:

I've worked all my quests to the only remaining one is the one to upgrade my workshop

When you say you've done all your quests, are you sure you looked in the Well of Dragons section. Common Causes is located there, not in PE or General.
    havlocke said:

waren24 said:

When you say you've done all your quests, are you sure you looked in the Well of Dragons section. Common Causes is located there, not in PE or General.
    The starting quest of common causes is in PE.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

havlocke said:

waren24 said:

Yes, but the Quest itself is located in the Well of Dragons section, not the Protectors Enclave section.
    edited March 2019
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

waren24 said:

Yes, but the Quest itself is located in the Well of Dragons section, not the Protectors Enclave section.
    The quest can be in more than one zone and not just WoD section such as in Neverdeath, Rothe Valley, Ebon Downs.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    In your Journal, Common Cause is located in the "Well of Dragons" section. It is not located in the PE section.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Opps! I did not notice it is about Journal. Sorry for the confusion.
    What I meant above is that the only quest showing in my journal and on the world map is the upgrading task for the workshop. The last quest I did related to Tyranny, other than Defending the Portal yesterday, was A Sign of Good Faith, which was needed to advance in the Campaign. I've gotten 3/3 on the three tasks at the base of the tracker and 5/5 for both Emerald Enclave and the Zhentarim.
    LOL and to rub my level 70 GF's face into it, my level 31 Warlock can get the daily quest and he was only 1/3 in the Assist the Harpers task in the tracker.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Here, maybe this will help you. I wrote this to help my guild members who are interested in doing (or need to do) Common Cause.

https://heroesofthebardstale.enjin.com/home/m/49836877/article/4887507
    I appreciate the thought Nunya, but no I don't think so. I'm very familiar with the quest structure, as I've almost finished it with my cleric and as I said am starting it with my Warlock, I just can't figure out why my Guardian Fighter can't seem to get it.

My only thought might be because he was born during Beta, but I stopped playing in 2013 and only started back up in Nov. But I can't get why that should matter since I didn't start the quests or campaign until a couple of months ago.
    waren24 said:

I appreciate the thought Nunya, but no I don't think so. I'm very familiar with the quest structure, as I've almost finished it with my cleric and as I said am starting it with my Warlock, I just can't figure out why my Guardian Fighter can't seem to get it.

My only thought might be because he was born during Beta, but I stopped playing in 2013 and only started back up in Nov. But I can't get why that should matter since I didn't start the quests or campaign until a couple of months ago.

I assume the problem the link describes is not the same as yours.

The "Common Problem"

Once your character is over level 30 or 35, there will be at least two different zones in which you can complete quests that are objectives for Common Cause. Players like to pick up quests on one day, then run them on another day. I do this and I think I'm pretty typical in this way. The problem that occurs is that players mistakenly believe that they need only pick up Common Cause, Culling the Cultists, and the "lair" quest, which are all handed out right there in Protector's Enclave. So they pick these quests up and go about their business. When they come back to run these quests a day or more later, the quest giver in the zone they need to travel to is often giving out the wrong quest. However, players do not notice this. So they pick up the quest from that zone's quest giver (Harper Windle, in the case of Neverdeath Graveyard), and off they go to do that quest, kill the dragon, run the "lair" quest, and kill 25 cultists. Once done, they go back to Protector's Enclave and turn in all the quests they can. Of course, they're surprised and frustrated to discover that Common Cause is not complete and cannot be turned in.

As is typical with quests that appear bugged, players then drop Common Cause, re-acquire it from Harper Boward, pick up the current day's "lair" quest, and then head off to the remote zone to get those quests and run them all. Great, right? We've got all the right quests and now we can finish Common Cause and get paid! Except .... yeah, not so much. Culling the Cultists is a daily quest and the player has already run it and turned it in. So they end up having to wait a day to get Culling the Cultists again, run it, and turn it in. Except that in their frustration, they end up dropping Common Cause again, which forces them to run all the related quests the next time they want to do this.
    Support ticket maybe, ask for some sort of quest reset?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    waren24 said:

Today I reached 67% Advancement in the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign and started the Tiamat task in the middle of the top row. I even have the first boon. But I still can't get the daily quests (Common Cause and Culling the Cultists (might be more than one spelling error there)) from the Harper in PE, nor do I get the weekly slay a Cult Dragon quest. Obviously since I am 67% through the campaign I have done the Assisting Harpers, as well as all the other lower tier tasks, but I can't figure out how to get her to give me the daily quest. And in case you're wondering, she does give me the weekly Defend the Portal quest.

When you're given the quest to talk to "harper Windell" the first time you have to turn in all the quests she gives you, some being "changing the tomb stones", "disrupting the summoning circles", defeating the dragon (they appear at 20 minute intervals in every instance), and I one more about collecting documents I believe...

When you've completed all four, report back to harper Windell in Neverdeath and she will give you a book (it'll be in your inventory) that you need to take back and give to harper Boward.

Eventually you need to complete Ghost Stories (as well as repeating the same quests from harper Windll a few more times). Then you can move on to quests in other areas to do "Common Cause" in those areas which usually consists of a daily "Culling the Cultists", so long as you've completed the quest the day before AND turned in that quest to harper Boward in PE upon completion (after you turn it in you have to wait till the next day to get it again).

I hope that helps.
    DD~