test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this forum just a joke? Does anything ever get fixed after being posted here?

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Actually, things do get fixed. If you post a bug with good reproduction instructions and a description of what you expect to happen, then you'll have better chances of getting something fixed. For example, last year I discovered that one or two quests in the Dread Ring were not counting toward completion of the Stronghold quest "Dread Ring Support". I posted step by step instructions to reproduce it, what it was doing, and what I expected it to do instead. It was fixed within a month (maybe 6 weeks), and - as a bonus - the Dread Ring tower quests (Dread Spire, Death Forge, etc) were also fixed to count toward that completion.

I'll grant that I probably got lucky to get it fixed that fast and that it being what was apparently a fairly simple fix helped. But if you don't follow the instructions in the sticky post at the top of this forum, then you shouldn't expect to get much attention from the developers. I do software development for a living, too, and when I get bug reports that just say "AUUUUUGH! This is broke! Fix it!" .... unless the user provides more information (and I have the luxury of having the time to ask for details, which a team like Cryptic's does not), then those reports get binned 100% of the time.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Depends, the bugs people most want fixing like the masterwork +1s not counting or various AoE powers not hitting mobs standing near the middle of them because the targeting reticule is at their feet and uneven ground can block it or the mobs in various of the Chult mini dungeons being stuck in scenery that have been around for ages never seem to get fixed, but anything that is mildly benefiting the players gets fixed instantly.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer