test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback: Companions

1101113151623

Comments

  • miotest#5683 miotest Posts: 26Member Arc User
    This way of testing companions seems a bit strange to me. In my opinion, there is nothing to test when:
    1) None of the creators wrote how it works
    2) Numbers that are not affected by "companions influence" statistics
    3) Once the bonding gift is given to me immediately, sometimes after a longer time, sometimes after the companion engages in the fight
    4) The patch comes in and the bolster changes, which is obviously wrong because it wasn't the intent described in the patch
    5) Companion statistics are still basic and have no impact on them.

    Please write how it works and what the formula is, what are the expected bonuses, then you can expect some unified feedback and insights. The basic mechanisms for the companion do not work - it must be seen by the one who created it - before he officially released it on the preview. It should be looked at by the developer and designer and put the companions in order - then give a message and can continue to test ... so it just accumulates and duplicates the information that comes out of various considerations about how it might work.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Posts: 374Member Arc User

    After all the changes to companions, I'll be really annoyed if the conclusion remains "augment companions are trash."

    Agree. Surely, there must be a real simple solution out there. Like... have the bonding runestones work automatically on ALL companion types, at 2.5% extra bonding per rune rank if its an augment companion. In addition, allow players to gain the bolster% of their augment companion's health, since health is not captured by bonding runes.
  • nisckisnisckis Posts: 542Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    artifleur said:

    artifleur said:

    Bondings have a much bigger effect on non-augment companions but I've given up trying to understand how it works. Because of this they give significantly more stats than an augment with the same gear and same level.

    Thanks to @greyjay1 I was able to find the missing part. So, buckle your seat belts here are the formulae for the stats transfered from your companion to your character :

    - for augments :

    [base stat * (1 + new bolster) + equipment] * (2 + sum of bonding multipliers)

    - non-augments :

    (base stat + equipment) * (1 + real charisma multiplier + old bolster * number of bondings + sum of bonding multipliers)

    new bolster is 15% max
    old bolster is 35% max
    real charisma multiplier is charisma / 300
    bonding tooltips are wrong atm, rank 15 gives 70%, not 73%

    The system uses both the new and old bolster formulae.

    Bolster has a much smaller effect on augments.

    The tooltip for charisma and the value for companion influence shown on the character sheet are wrong, it's charisma / 300 not charisma / 200.

    Charisma has no effect on augments.

    Other forms of companion influence (enchantments, insignae, boons) have no effect.

    Don't forget the hidden 2k boost in one or two stats which doesn't appear on the companion stats sheet.

    With enough bolster, non-augments give a lot more stats than augments.

    In my opinion, this is far too complicated. I'd rather have bolster and companion influence multiply all stats (base + equipment + hidden 2k) and have the result displayed on the companion sheet.

    I'm not sure that I like the idea of utility enchantment slots giving combat stats. Sure it will make my character stronger but it's not utility anymore is it?
    There is a bug in this week patch with the bolster bonus, not all companions got the bolster value automatically refreshed. Once you go to every companion, inspect, summon, unsummon and resummon, the value gets refreshed.

    Once the values are refreshed the bolster value more or less interacts as expected. the problem is that it seems that this week patch makes bolster affect only the base stats from the companion, not the equipment. With this change there is very little gain in increasing the bolster value.
    As an example, going from 12% to 15% only means a 180 points character stat increase in every stat.

  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Posts: 298Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User

    After all the changes to companions, I'll be really annoyed if the conclusion remains "augment companions are trash."

    Me too. I used augments for a long time before all that noise about bondings and it's extreme bonuses. I hope augments get the love they deserve!!!
    Seth QuickHands - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Posts: 1,861Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User

    After all the changes to companions, I'll be really annoyed if the conclusion remains "augment companions are trash."

    Me too. I used augments for a long time before all that noise about bondings and it's extreme bonuses. I hope augments get the love they deserve!!!
    The biggest reason I never switched over (aside from my legendary companion being my augment, and my Loyal Avenger gear being of the type my augment could use) was that I didn't want to have to invest in a bunch of bonding runestones.

    Now that my Eldritch 14s can convert to Bonding, that's less of an issue. But I tend to feel like my character's "concept" fits better with an ioun stone.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Posts: 48 Member, Cryptic Developer Cryptic Developer
    edited March 18

    sgrantdev said:


    2. The value of the applied debuff will scale based on the quality of the currently summoned companion. So the green companion will give a lower debuff then a legendary one.

    This answer confuses me. The enhancement power is slotted next to the offense/defense/utility stats in the companion window is and is different from the companion you have summoned, right? They all mention the summoned companion. So, does the rarity of the companion that gives the enhancement stat and summoned companion both matter?

    Thanks for all the answers so far!
    I think I can maybe explain this in a way that will make it a bit less confusing since we are dealing with a new set of terms related to the system.

    Purple Slot: This is the pet enhancement slot. This slot gets power from the quality of the pet that is currently summoned by the player.

    Other Slots: These are player bonus slots. These slots get their power from the companion they were bundled with. Generally if a power is named after a companion then that companion's quality is what affects its overall power. This power does not care about the quality of the summoned companion. If the companion it was received from is stored it will retain its power since it is based on that pets quality and not if it is summoned.

    Hopefully that helps clear it up.

  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Posts: 48 Member, Cryptic Developer Cryptic Developer
    nisckis said:

    artifleur said:

    artifleur said:

    Bondings have a much bigger effect on non-augment companions but I've given up trying to understand how it works. Because of this they give significantly more stats than an augment with the same gear and same level.

    Thanks to @greyjay1 I was able to find the missing part. So, buckle your seat belts here are the formulae for the stats transfered from your companion to your character :

    - for augments :

    [base stat * (1 + new bolster) + equipment] * (2 + sum of bonding multipliers)

    - non-augments :

    (base stat + equipment) * (1 + real charisma multiplier + old bolster * number of bondings + sum of bonding multipliers)

    new bolster is 15% max
    old bolster is 35% max
    real charisma multiplier is charisma / 300
    bonding tooltips are wrong atm, rank 15 gives 70%, not 73%

    The system uses both the new and old bolster formulae.

    Bolster has a much smaller effect on augments.

    The tooltip for charisma and the value for companion influence shown on the character sheet are wrong, it's charisma / 300 not charisma / 200.

    Charisma has no effect on augments.

    Other forms of companion influence (enchantments, insignae, boons) have no effect.

    Don't forget the hidden 2k boost in one or two stats which doesn't appear on the companion stats sheet.

    With enough bolster, non-augments give a lot more stats than augments.

    In my opinion, this is far too complicated. I'd rather have bolster and companion influence multiply all stats (base + equipment + hidden 2k) and have the result displayed on the companion sheet.

    I'm not sure that I like the idea of utility enchantment slots giving combat stats. Sure it will make my character stronger but it's not utility anymore is it?
    There is a bug in this week patch with the bolster bonus, not all companions got the bolster value automatically refreshed. Once you go to every companion, inspect, summon, unsummon and resummon, the value gets refreshed.

    Once the values are refreshed the bolster value more or less interacts as expected. the problem is that it seems that this week patch makes bolster affect only the base stats from the companion, not the equipment. With this change there is very little gain in increasing the bolster value.
    As an example, going from 12% to 15% only means a 180 points character stat increase in every stat.

    Bolster bonus has always just affected the non-rating stats of combat companions. However for augments it affects their ratings giving them a bit of an advantage in that department.

    Companion influence and quality should affect the ratings of a companion regardless of type. I will look at these again in the morning to make sure things are working as expected.

  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Posts: 48 Member, Cryptic Developer Cryptic Developer

    Redemption companion power has a frozen active effect tooltip . It says: "Chance on Hit: Heal every second for 15 seconds". Its timer is stuck on "00:01" .

    This has been fixed. Thanks for the report.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Posts: 48 Member, Cryptic Developer Cryptic Developer
    edited March 18

    sgrantdev said:

    artifleur said:

    sgrantdev said:

    W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

    Companion influence affects all companion stats

    Thanks for the info.

    Will it be functional in the incoming build?
    Companion influence should be working. We had to reduce the amount you were getting due to reports of a large boost in stats once it had been fixed. Are you not noticing an increase?

    This was a while back, but I didn't see any change in my stats when I equipped a dark enchant to a utility slot relative to having nothing there, using my Ioun Stone of Allure.
    When you say stats are you just talking about the companion influence value displayed on the character pane?

    I will talk to noworries about companion's gift to make sure there is not something I might have overlooked while implementing these changes that could be causing the delay you mentioned.

  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 577Member Arc User
    edited March 18
    Bug:

    I had some other companions training so I decided to see how my Battlerager worked in the new module and suddenly during fights we were both being healed for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of HP as the fight was happening. I think that 16 million and change was the biggest heal I got.

    I did not encounter anything like this with any other companion, and I did not change anything in my set-up.

    And it wasn't just once or twice in a fight. It was a regular occurrence. There would be instances of heal after heal after heal showing up on the screen.

    When it first happened I thought that some super-geared level 80 player might have been throwing heals my way, but after the fight there was no one around, and then it happened again and again and I knew something was wrong.


    Also, somehow my character got a second Minstrel when I transferred them over, fresh at level 1, despite already having one at level 25.

  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Posts: 276Member Arc User
    Just to say I like the changes in companions.
    (even if I will have some useless legendary pets, because they don't belong to the same category as my summoned one).
    Overall, I think the player bonus are consistent.
    Just a few remarks:
    -the classes with 3 "defense player bonus" slots are a bit at disavantage when they have a dps role. GF dps for instance has not many offense stats in the "defense player bonus" possibilities.
    -same goes for pvp players that would like a tanky build whereas they are a dps class
    -Hoping that the pet's influence bug will be sorted out soon.

    And also I wished movement was kept in utility.... Or add more boons for it.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Posts: 52Member Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

    sgrantdev said:


    2. The value of the applied debuff will scale based on the quality of the currently summoned companion. So the green companion will give a lower debuff then a legendary one.

    This answer confuses me. The enhancement power is slotted next to the offense/defense/utility stats in the companion window is and is different from the companion you have summoned, right? They all mention the summoned companion. So, does the rarity of the companion that gives the enhancement stat and summoned companion both matter?

    Thanks for all the answers so far!
    I think I can maybe explain this in a way that will make it a bit less confusing since we are dealing with a new set of terms related to the system.

    Purple Slot: This is the pet enhancement slot. This slot gets power from the quality of the pet that is currently summoned by the player.

    Other Slots: These are player bonus slots. These slots get their power from the companion they were bundled with. Generally if a power is named after a companion then that companion's quality is what affects its overall power. This power does not care about the quality of the summoned companion. If the companion it was received from is stored it will retain its power since it is based on that pets quality and not if it is summoned.

    Hopefully that helps clear it up.

    That explains things nicely. Looking back, it was explained correctly, but I just wanted to make sure I understood.

    Thanks for taking the time to reply!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 737Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

    sgrantdev said:

    artifleur said:

    sgrantdev said:

    W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

    Companion influence affects all companion stats

    Thanks for the info.

    Will it be functional in the incoming build?
    Companion influence should be working. We had to reduce the amount you were getting due to reports of a large boost in stats once it had been fixed. Are you not noticing an increase?

    This was a while back, but I didn't see any change in my stats when I equipped a dark enchant to a utility slot relative to having nothing there, using my Ioun Stone of Allure.
    When you say stats are you just talking about the companion influence value displayed on the character pane?

    I will talk to noworries about companion's gift to make sure there is not something I might have overlooked while implementing these changes that could be causing the delay you mentioned.

    If your Companion Influence goes up, then the companion's stats should go up and then the bondings should add them to the character's stats. So, we should see the Companion Influence and also other stats go up.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Posts: 995Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User

    Just to say I like the changes in companions.
    (even if I will have some useless legendary pets, because they don't belong to the same category as my summoned one).
    Overall, I think the player bonus are consistent.
    Just a few remarks:
    -the classes with 3 "defense player bonus" slots are a bit at disavantage when they have a dps role. GF dps for instance has not many offense stats in the "defense player bonus" possibilities.
    -same goes for pvp players that would like a tanky build whereas they are a dps class
    -Hoping that the pet's influence bug will be sorted out soon.

    And also I wished movement was kept in utility.... Or add more boons for it.

    @sgrantdev these slots need to be changed based on the loadout role pick, dps role: 3 offense, 1 defense, 1 utility, tank role: 3 defense, 1 utility, 1 offense and healer role: 2 offense, 2 utility, 1defense, also does the companion strenght percentages buff companion base stats or full geared/runed companion?
  • maruda#1373 maruda Posts: 145Member Arc User
    Relatively, there will be no major change in the effects of bonuses from companions. In contrast, the maximum cost of the improvement of the companions increases two times. In addition, most of the changes forced almost all companions. Greetings.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 737Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    edited March 18
    @sgrantdev, assuming that a role-based distribution instead of a class-based one is problematic for some reason, I would suggest changing Fighter/Paladin/Barbarian to 2 Offense, 2 Defense, 1 Utility. After all, tanks need offense as well in the new tanking paradigm. In fact, since this group actually includes all 3 roles thanks to Paladin, it should have the most balanced distribution.

    I also question why Warlock isn't grouped with Cleric since they both have DPS and Healer roles. The setup of 2 Offense, 2 Utility and 1 Defense looks good to me there.

    Rogue, Ranger and Wizard look just right being grouped together and Offense heavy since they are all DPS.


  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Posts: 1,861Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

    sgrantdev said:

    artifleur said:

    sgrantdev said:

    W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

    Companion influence affects all companion stats

    Thanks for the info.

    Will it be functional in the incoming build?
    Companion influence should be working. We had to reduce the amount you were getting due to reports of a large boost in stats once it had been fixed. Are you not noticing an increase?

    This was a while back, but I didn't see any change in my stats when I equipped a dark enchant to a utility slot relative to having nothing there, using my Ioun Stone of Allure.
    When you say stats are you just talking about the companion influence value displayed on the character pane?

    I will talk to noworries about companion's gift to make sure there is not something I might have overlooked while implementing these changes that could be causing the delay you mentioned.

    The way I've been testing is, I've been looking at my stats on my character's stat page with and without darks attached, with and without augment companion summoned. I don't bother checking the companion's stated stats, as I assume that that's base values or something, and what ultimately matters at the end of the day is what transfers over to my toon.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Posts: 82Member Arc User
    I am not a fan of having the Barbarian being put in the tier with the highest defensive and least offensive options, while I understand you are redesigning the system from the importance of each companion power to their actual effect in game, historically companion bonuses have been an important part of the damage of any build.

    If they will remain a significant part of any build's damage, which will depend on your tinkering and balance choices, does this mean that you are intentionally designing Great Weapon Fighters to lose their edge as damage dealers and have Barbarians be all-rounders, turned into weaker versions of Guardian Fighters?
  • alphastreamalphastream Posts: 156Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    edited March 18
    sgrantdev said:

    Bolster bonus has always just affected the non-rating stats of combat companions. However for augments it affects their ratings giving them a bit of an advantage in that department.

    Can you explain what exactly Bolster does for an augment vs a combat companion? It isn't clear to me, including what is in the recent dev article:
    "Bolstering increases the combat effectiveness of the summoned companion or the special ratings of an augment pet."

    What does that mean? What is 'combat effectiveness'? And what are 'special ratings?'

    Later, in the summary, the article says:
    "Bolstering increases the power of the companion by the percentage displayed in the companion window
    Combat companions receive increases to their non-rating combat stats for bolstering
    Augments receive a slight boost to the three ratings they specialize in"

    Is the increase in Power or all companions, or just augments?
    What is a "non-rating" combat stat?
    Is the slight boost to 3 ratings all an augment companion gets from Bolster? What does "slight boost" mean?

    Edit: Oh, and another question. I noticed in the article that the purple powers all say "near." Does that mean ranged classes will have problems with activating the purple powers since melee combatant companions will be away from the character? Will it even trigger for augments?

    Thanks!
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

    Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • ladycynide#3072 ladycynide Posts: 4Member Arc User
    I understand you're trying to push GWF (barbarians) into being tanks, but why are our companion slots mostly defense? We are literally the main offensive class in the game, and for all this talk of giving players choices, it feels like they're being stripped away instead.
  • jganthjganth Posts: 77Member Arc User

    I understand you're trying to push GWF (barbarians) into being tanks, but why are our companion slots mostly defense? We are literally the main offensive class in the game, and for all this talk of giving players choices, it feels like they're being stripped away instead.

    Hopefully no longer the main going forward because the current GWF meta playstyle is cancerous and toxic at best. Pugging with 2 GWF's watching them climb over each other trying to get 'Max Paingiver' score is just a joke.
  • jganthjganth Posts: 77Member Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11111523

    Is there a thread for this? Would like to know with all the included changes if Companion Gear will be updated to Account Bound? Character Bound Companion Gear was limiting in Mod <15.
  • vendoodvendood Posts: 77Member Arc User
    edited March 18
    That blog shows Fighter/Paladin/Barb being Def/Def/Def/Off/Util, then Rogue/Warlock/Wizard/Ranger being Off/Off/Off/Def/Util, with only Cleric having semi-balance stats of Off/Off/Def/Util/Util.

    As has been pointed out repeatedly, the apparent goal of Mod16 is to reduce variety and options, and make everyone pretty much the same.

    To give at least a smidgen of player choice and variety, you might consider a hybrid class, of Off/Off/Def/Def/Util, and place at least 2 out of Barbarian, Warlock or Ranger in it. TBH I would likely put it as:

    Fighter/Paladin: Off/Def/Def/Def/Util

    Rogue/Wizard: Off/Off/Off/Def/Util

    Barbarian/Ranger: Off/Off/Def/Def/Util

    Warlock/Cleric: Off/Off/Def/Util/Util


    That gives an interesting mix of abilities, and 2 classes/choices for each style. I haven't checked all the class powers, boons, and feat trees yet, so it might make more sense to swap Warlock with Ranger there, or some other swap.

  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Posts: 76Member Arc User

    I understand you're trying to push GWF (barbarians) into being tanks, but why are our companion slots mostly defense? We are literally the main offensive class in the game, and for all this talk of giving players choices, it feels like they're being stripped away instead.


    I always thought that was the intention from the beginning. Now all we have left is the DEVS to explain what we will do with all the offensive companions we have that will be practically useless (only for boolster) for DPS build and how we will do the same damage as classes that have 3 offensive companions. And before they tell me that there are defensive fellows with STATUS (something irrelevant to an end player) offensive, the vast majority of companions with Poison, Bleeding, and DoT damage are offensive, the same applies to fellow future damage bonuses. Disillusionment is the word of my feeling about module 16.
  • tardbathtardbath Posts: 46Member Arc User
    In your Developer Blog about companions there is a pick with Zhentarim Warlock at orange lvl with stats 16000hp and 4000CA
    i think this should have been 16000hp and 2000CA or 8000hp and 4000CA !!
    sry if im wrong here but i though it's 6k stats total on orange lvl and not 8k

    cheers
  • mushellkamushellka Posts: 155Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    @sgrantdev
    By giving dps 3 offensive slots you create army of clones. With such a simplified system of boons, in which everyone will choose the same, with the "only right choice" of the feats, what we will differ from ourselves with apart from ILV and the name? The game is losing irretrievably hallmarks of the diversity. Let us at least vary the choice of companions, giving us one UNIVERSAL slot.
    I will repeat again:
    I hate this change forcing me to play dps.
    Let me in exchange have a seeming influence on the STYLE of my playing.
    Please think about it.
    Please forgive my English, it is not my native language
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Posts: 48 Member, Cryptic Developer Cryptic Developer

    Bug:

    I had some other companions training so I decided to see how my Battlerager worked in the new module and suddenly during fights we were both being healed for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of HP as the fight was happening. I think that 16 million and change was the biggest heal I got.

    I did not encounter anything like this with any other companion, and I did not change anything in my set-up.

    And it wasn't just once or twice in a fight. It was a regular occurrence. There would be instances of heal after heal after heal showing up on the screen.

    When it first happened I thought that some super-geared level 80 player might have been throwing heals my way, but after the fight there was no one around, and then it happened again and again and I knew something was wrong.


    Also, somehow my character got a second Minstrel when I transferred them over, fresh at level 1, despite already having one at level 25.

    If there is any more info you can give me on the battelrager it would be great. Looking into his powers there is nothing that would heal you that I can see.

  • vendoodvendood Posts: 77Member Arc User
    edited March 18
    mushellka said:

    @sgrantdev
    By giving dps 3 offensive slots you create army of clones. With such a simplified system of boons, in which everyone will choose the same, with the "only right choice" of the feats, what we will differ from ourselves with apart from ILV and the name? The game is losing irretrievably hallmarks of the diversity. Let us at least vary the choice of companions, giving us one UNIVERSAL slot.
    I will repeat again:
    I hate this change forcing me to play dps.
    Let me in exchange have a seeming influence on the STYLE of my playing.
    Please think about it.

    I just posted a suggestion above that would add at least a little variability. The idea of one Universal slot per class type could certainly be interesting. In my case that would look something like:

    Fighter/Paladin: Off/Def/Def/Util - Univ

    Rogue/Wizard: Off/Off/Def/Util - Univ

    Barbarian/Ranger: Off/Off/Def/Def - Univ

    Warlock/Cleric: Off/Def/Util/Util - Univ


    You still get 4 different combos, with 2 classes for each. The question would be (as it always is), "What will players do to exploit/minmax this?"

    The Paladin who goes with 2 Util, too much healing?

    The Ranger who skips Util and goes with 3 Off, 2 Def - too much at-range damage with decent defense?

    The Warlock who goes with 3 Utils - unkillable healing?

    I'm not really sure how much that sort of change could push things, but it's worth a little thought.

  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 577Member Arc User
    edited March 19
    sgrantdev said:

    Bug:

    I had some other companions training so I decided to see how my Battlerager worked in the new module and suddenly during fights we were both being healed for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of HP as the fight was happening. I think that 16 million and change was the biggest heal I got.

    I did not encounter anything like this with any other companion, and I did not change anything in my set-up.

    And it wasn't just once or twice in a fight. It was a regular occurrence. There would be instances of heal after heal after heal showing up on the screen.

    When it first happened I thought that some super-geared level 80 player might have been throwing heals my way, but after the fight there was no one around, and then it happened again and again and I knew something was wrong.


    Also, somehow my character got a second Minstrel when I transferred them over, fresh at level 1, despite already having one at level 25.

    If there is any more info you can give me on the battelrager it would be great. Looking into his powers there is nothing that would heal you that I can see.

    I do not know how to make a video that I can link here, or post a screenshot, so I will just list everything that my Paladin has going on.


    Equipment: Deteriorating Helm, Undermountain Cuirass, Vistani Couters, Vistani Mace, Undermountain Shield, Deteriorating Sabatons, Vistani Necklace, Vistani Ring of Light, Vistani Ring of Dark, Undermountain Sach, Adamantiine Chainmail, Adamantine Chausses.
    Primary Artifact is Sigil of the Hunter and Secondary Artifacts are the Bad Luck Charm, Tarnished Locket, and Broken Mirror.

    Class Features: Composure, Divine Justice
    At-Wills: Valorous Strike, Divine Fulmination (it happened with Radiant Strike slotted, too)
    Encounter Powers: Bane, Smite, Banishment
    Dailies: Divine Judgement, Lay on Hands

    Feats: Keeper's Wrath, Guarded Prayers (the others are useless since I am not using any of the powers they affect, so I left them unpicked)

    Boons: Recruit's Training (5/5), Critical Strike (2/2) Critical Avoidance (2/2), Cultist Power (1/5), Squire's Training (5/5), Defense (1/2), Life Lessons (1/3)

    Companion Equipment: Heroic Ring of the Companion +1, 3X Bonding Runestone rank 7


    Companion Powers: Precision, Illusory Wisdom, Alchemist's Discipline, Battlerager's Discipline, Stormrider's Discipline

    Mount Powers: Oppressor's Reprieve, Warlord's Encouragement, Protector's Camaraderie, Champion's Return, Protector's Friendship

    I have played with a Storm Rider, Minstrel, Alchemist Experimenter, Renegade Illusionist, Barbarian Shaman, Apprentice Healer, and Lizardfok Shaman on this character, but only with the Dwarven Battlerager do I see this happen.

    If you want to see me in action sometime give me a head's up and I am sure that we can arrange a time where I can be on test and you can see it happen with your own eyes.

    =============


    Edit: I should have thought about my combat log earlier.

    According to it, it appears that these massive heals are coming from enemies, but they are supposed to be damage and are somehow being flipped.

    Here are just a few entries, and these are all heals (Dworkin is the name of my Battlerager):

    "Custodian of the Catacombs gives 116,092,352 Acid Damage to your Dworkin with Digest"

    "Blade Spider gives 4,267,876 (4,652,001) Necrotic Damage to you with Withering Bite"

    "Spitting Spider gives 24,540,288 (26,749,004) Physical Damage to you with Bite"


    And again, this is only happening when I have my Battlerager active. I do not see those numbers with other companions.



    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
Sign In or Register to comment.