test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we get more than 3hrs warning...

bobo#5090 bobo Member Posts: 588 Arc User
When the the Zen market is gonna be on sale. I saw nothing in the calendar before today stating there would be a huge sale, and ended up spending a few Zen late last night that I could have waited on had I known there was a sale. Is it normal for there to be only 3-4 hrs notice of a sale happening? I saw that the news post about it was time stamped at 7:00 am today, and it went live at 11am(all times MST).

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Giving notice defeats the purpose of having a "flash sale"... The entire idea is that you get no notice.

There are other sales throughout the year where more notice is given but a flash sale is always a last minute notice.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There are only extremely rare circumstances when they will advertise a sale that far in advance. They wanted this one to be a surprise.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Totally disagree with the suggestion. The market nearly crashed on Xbox, the one platform still having a somewhat decent economy. With notice, the market would have been destroyed for the next 2 months. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

It didn't say flash sale. Also don't flash sales usually run for only an hour or 2?

Depends on the context.

For a worldwide game, it's very rare for a sale to run shorter than 24 hours. STO had a "flash" sale that lasted 12 hours and rightfully got a lot of complaints from people in Europe and Asia that the sale started while they were asleep, lasted partway into a workday, and ended before they had any chance to log in at all.

Totally disagree with the suggestion. The market nearly crashed on Xbox, the one platform still having a somewhat decent economy. With notice, the market would have been destroyed for the next 2 months. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. You can always see the effects of the "expected" sales, like Winterfest and the Jubilee, months in advance, as they distort people's spending habits.