test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Power Points and Active Companion Slots Removed from Zen Market

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2019 in News & Announcements
Hi there adventurers,

In Neverwinter's next module, Undermountain, Power Points and Active Companion Slots will no longer be relevant to the game. Because of this, during maintenance on Thursday, March 14th, we will remove the Power Point and Active Companion Slot purchases from the Zen Market on Neverwinter PC (both International and Russia servers).

These purchases will be removed at a later date from Neverwinter on Xbox One and PlayStation®4; we'll let you know when we're closer. These purchases will be removed from Console on April 30.

We have no plans to refund any Active Companion Slot or Power Point purchases. We may decide to provide an exchange for players who have unused Power Points in their inventory, but we do not advise stocking up ahead of time. Power Points will still be obtainable from level-up rewards until Undermountain's release.

Thanks all!
The Neverwinter Team
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Why not remove this from the console zen stores now? Not everyone reads the forums and may not know these changes are going into effect.

Seems like you just want to make some extra cash off the console players over the next few months while you already know these are worthless going forward.

I believe removing requires a build which means certification process, so it can't be done simultaneously.

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

Why not remove this from the console zen stores now? Not everyone reads the forums and may not know these changes are going into effect.

Seems like you just want to make some extra cash off the console players over the next few months while you already know these are worthless going forward.

IMO They should take companions and mounts off at least until they post a definitive guide to their powers/stats post mod 16.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I have a 10 power point item in bank. Can I exchange the item back for my zen?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mmogamespace#9417 mmogamespace Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Better instead of deleting these lots, make them free. After all, the number of slots for pets necessary purchase up to m16
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    So many unused Power Points... I was saving up for the next Level Cap increase... now I don't know what to do with my unused level ups and Power Points.
  • sormovichsormovich Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @mmogamespace#9417 , they're removing *Active* Companion Slots purchase, which allows to unlock 4th and 5th active slots before reaching lvl 30 and 60. Idle Companion Slots are not affected.

P.S. Привет создателю самой шикарной энциклопедии ;) Жаль только, что на новом хостинге пользоваться ей стало менее удобно - странички загружаются медленно, и скролл неудобный.
    Sorry for my English.
  • wirioswirios Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2019

We have no plans to refund any Active Companion Slot or Power Point purchases. We may decide to provide an exchange for players who have unused Power Points in their inventory, but we do not advise stocking up ahead of time.

Well i got some expectations, especially about pet slots, cause i buy a lot for my main ;)
    So if you want to give us pet token for each slot we have buy in Zen market it might be cool.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User

IMO They should take companions and mounts off at least until they post a definitive guide to their powers/stats post mod 16.

I'd appreciate just a general guide to what's happening with them in M16, really. The above change in the Zen Market leads me to think that the number of Active Companions (including Summoned but not Idle) will be fixed throughout, though whether that's 1, 5, 16, Unlimited, or whatever, I don't know.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I'd appreciate just a general guide to what's happening with them in M16, really. The above change in the Zen Market leads me to think that the number of Active Companions (including Summoned but not Idle) will be fixed throughout, though whether that's 1, 5, 16, Unlimited, or whatever, I don't know.

If they follow the mount stable system, you would be able to have one of each. It is a finite number that only changes when they add new companions to the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • oldeknight#3481 oldeknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    those of us that bought power points, will there be some sort of compo for zen spent
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hahaha. Although it's not written specifically in this post about Idle Companion Slots or removing those from the store, I recently gleaned that those will also soon be irrelevant, but gleaned "after" I purchased some during the recent zen sale :astonished: Refund/exchange would be a good thing since I won't even have time to use the newly acquired slots.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I believe removing requires a build which means certification process, so it can't be done simultaneously.

So removing the items from the zen market requires a new build? But when there have been issues with the zen store in the past that affected wallets a hotfix was pushed.

And, outside of actually updating the build, what about announcements on every one of the companies social media accounts?

Most players don't read forums but some follow twitter, some follow facebook, etc etc.

Shouldn't a responsible company utilize these methods of communication to alert their customers that the items are being removed from the game in the upcoming mod?

Otherwise you'll just end up with a lot more people saying things like:

• edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hey guys, I have a question and a comment. I notice some users are asking for compensation for their purchased power points and active companion slots. Now, why would they (or any other business for that matter) compensate you on a consumable convenience item that you can still use now? Mod 16 hasn't dropped and probably won't be for a while yet. You can/could still get use out of your already purchased points and slots. The only reason I can see would be out of kindness, but they definitely should not be expected to, IMO.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edge2500 said:

Hey guys, I have a question and a comment. I notice some users are asking for compensation for their purchased power points and active companion slots. Now, why would they (or any other business for that matter) compensate you on a consumable convenience item that you can still use now? Mod 16 hasn't dropped and probably won't be for a while yet. You can/could still get use out of your already purchased points and slots. The only reason I can see would be out of kindness, but they definitely should not be expected to, IMO.

For example I purchased them for a future character. I cant use them in my current chars because they are capped in PP. So a solution should be offered.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • ancalagonblack#2594 ancalagonblack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > I have a 10 power point item in bank. Can I exchange the item back for my zen?

no, i don't think so, they made it clear that they have no plans to refund, > @"ecrana#2080" said:
    > I believe removing requires a build which means certification process, so it can't be done simultaneously.
    >
    > So removing the items from the zen market requires a new build? But when there have been issues with the zen store in the past that affected wallets a hotfix was pushed.
    >
    > And, outside of actually updating the build, what about announcements on every one of the companies social media accounts?
    >
    > Most players don't read forums but some follow twitter, some follow facebook, etc etc.
    >
    > Shouldn't a responsible company utilize these methods of communication to alert their customers that the items are being removed from the game in the upcoming mod?
    >
    > Otherwise you'll just end up with a lot more people saying things like: Seems like you just want to make some extra cash off the console players over the next few months while you already know these are worthless going forward.

first of all, i came here after seeing the "Patch Notes" on the client, so only people just come charging into the game won't see it, and the only fault is on those said people that just comes charging in, second of all, if i put a poster on a door visible to anyone who "Wants" to open the door, (i'm talking client) and they still don't see it, it's their fault, anyone wants to know should just be watchful even dumb people can see it, and everyone is nervous about the update, every Single DAY, in the game people Whine Complain and more and more about this update, if anyone SERIOUSLY don't see it, and just go complain, they should be taking out of their house, and beaten to death in the street with an iron Baseball Bat, cause they have 0% rights to complain.
  • marekarawn#9701 marekarawn Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Hi there adventurers,

We have no plans to refund any Active Companion Slot or Power Point purchases. We may decide to provide an exchange for players who have unused Power Points in their inventory, but we do not advise stocking up ahead of time. Power Points will still be obtainable from level-up rewards until Undermountain's release.

Thanks all!
    The Neverwinter Team

I must say that the "Sorry, we sold you something (that costs real-world cash) and have decided to cancel it without refunding anything" is a little lame. You really need to consider compensation for those who pay in real cash (which supports the game). It's called Customer Service /Satisfaction.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

first of all, i came here after seeing the "Patch Notes" on the client, so only people just come charging into the game won't see it, and the only fault is on those said people that just comes charging in, second of all, if i put a poster on a door visible to anyone who "Wants" to open the door, (i'm talking client) and they still don't see it, it's their fault, anyone wants to know should just be watchful even dumb people can see it,

Hooray for you. You saw the patch notes on the client! Kudos. So you're a PC gamer?
    My comments were in response to the discussion regarding consoles. So anything you said has little to do with it because there are no patch notes on console telling people that these items are being removed soon. You'll also notice that I never once claimed anyone should be given a refund. Just that they may want to think about alerting console to avoid angry players later.

and everyone is nervous about the update, every Single DAY, in the game people Whine Complain and more and more about this update, if anyone SERIOUSLY don't see it, and just go complain, they should be taking out of their house, and beaten to death in the street with an iron Baseball Bat, cause they have 0% rights to complain.

Yes people whine every day. Yes sometimes it's deserved and sometimes it's not. Yes on PC you have been alerted and no one can complain about missing it. But on console, no notice, no patch notes. To use your silly door analogy, it would be more like someone put up the poster in the morning, but then removed the poster in the afternoon so the evening customers never get to see it.
  • toots#1366 toots Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was playing another game not long ago - and they did what it sounds like what you are about to do - they changed game play and nerfed all that was present in the game, did unequal compensation for what they removed and forced everyone to take it and like it. It sounds like you are going to change the very things most of us like about the game in order to make more money.... I have logged back in from time to time - but absolutely hate the new game... Looks like this game is heading the same way - admin is making the decisions based on money and what they want....
  • toots#1366 toots Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    One more question - are you taking companions away? Looks that way...
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    There was a blog posted yesterday about the companion system overhaul. Companions aren't going away. I couldn't copy and paste a web address from my phone. It's in the news section of Neverwinter's Arc page.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    YOULL BE REFUNDED FOR POWER POINTS IN YOUR INVENTORY. THERE'S AN EXCHANGE OF 1 point = 50k AD. If the exchange is not 500 AD = 1 zen, buy buy buy those points
  • kargan#1572 kargan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Honestly I think its an advantage to Cryptic and not the players. We spend Money to buy things you advertise to help the character classes progress in the game. Then you change the game and money spent on zen Items is no longer any good Is this way you want Neverwinter to go down for Misleading products that you no longer back up When you keep making changes.

• wuuudzitsuuu#5089 wuuudzitsuuu Member Posts: 2 New User
    where is Polish language ?
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    10 power points=35k RP points. Tyvm for that perfetic exchange. Is this part of the extra mile you promised us lol