test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Redemption companion power has a frozen active effect tooltip . It says: "Chance on Hit: Heal every second for 15 seconds". Its timer is stuck on "00:01" .
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2019

1. Although I reported (March 2) that my companion for a broken bonus, it still has not been fixed. This is a companion from the Zen Market.
    I have the impression that the devs do not read this thread carefully.
    it's still the same:

mushellka said:

Bug:
    Honeybadger's instincts reduces damage taken 0%.

2. Before fixing today, the bolster amounted to 29%, which is the right value, but after patch the value again fell to 14%.

Before:

After patch:

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    1)On companion stats, what does hit points bonus strength mean?

2)The enhanced stats all say "stats are based of the rarity of the summoned companion" does that mean that green companions give the same stats as legendary in the enhanced slot as long as the summoned companion is legendary?

3)Does anyone have an Archmage's Apprentice on preview and can tell me what bolster group it's under and what the stats are? I have one on console but can't find it on preview.
    Post edited by fuzzmeisterj on
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    mushellka said:

1. Although I reported (March 2) that my companion for a broken bonus, it still has not been fixed. This is a companion from the Zen Market.
    I have the impression that the devs do not read this thread carefully.
    it's still the same:

mushellka said:

Bug:
    Honeybadger's instincts reduces damage taken 0%.

2. Before fixing today, the bolster amounted to 29%, which is the right value, but after patch the value again fell to 14%.

Before:

After patch:

I have been going through all of the powers will double check that this one was corrected.

The total bolster bonus was reduced with this patch.

edited March 2019

2)The enhanced stats all say "stats are based of the rarity of the summoned companion" does that mean that green companions give the same stats as legendary in the enhanced slot as long as the summoned companion is legendary?

3)Does anyone have an Archmage's Apprentice on preview and can tell me what bolster group it's under and what the stats are? I have one on console but can't find it on preview.

1. Incoming heal (This will display correctly in the next patch)
    2. The value of the applied debuff will scale based on the quality of the currently summoned companion. So the green companion will give a lower debuff then a legendary one.
    Post edited by sgrantdev on
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

1. Incoming heal (This will display correctly in the next patch)
    2. The value of the applied debuff will scale based on the quality of the currently active companion. So the green companion will give a lower debuff then a legendary one.
    I feel like I asked this before and it may have been answered but, is the +Companion stat bonus of Darks in utility slots useless on augment companions? I feel like the last time I tested that it had no effect, and how it was worded I suspected that was WAI, but wanted to double check.
    artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

Companion influence affects all companion stats

Thanks for the info.

Will it be functional in the incoming build?
    Companion influence should be working. We had to reduce the amount you were getting due to reports of a large boost in stats once it had been fixed. Are you not noticing an increase?

sgrantdev said:

artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

Thanks for the info.

Companion influence should be working. We had to reduce the amount you were getting due to reports of a large boost in stats once it had been fixed. Are you not noticing an increase?

This was a while back, but I didn't see any change in my stats when I equipped a dark enchant to a utility slot relative to having nothing there, using my Ioun Stone of Allure.

I thought that was WAI, because otherwise, Dark enchants are the only enchants capable of offering actual stat bonuses (as opposed to +XP, +Glory, +Gold), so I thought they were only supposed to make your companion itself more effective (which is irrelevant for augments). I guess I can double check to see what it looks like now.
    sgrantdev said:

artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

Thanks for the info.

After retesting, it does not appear that using +Companion Influence dark enchantment in my boot utility slot had any impact on my stats while my augment companion was summoned. On the flip side, it often took quite a long time to get the stats from the augment to trigger in the first place. It currently has 3 Rank 14 Bondings equipped.
  • soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    i dont know i havnt played group content yet.

on that not i find that the comp are too strong.
    i wished that comps in the fashion the are implemented would be gone in total.

hate me for it but i dont like the fact that e minion is 2/3 more improtant than my char.

id like if they would be reduced to classes and part of their THING like a ranger or a warlock controling a deamon etc

But not having it fight alongside making it a 10 meber party dungeon with 5 players.

give the players the power to do it with their chars

in DnD augments were only ion stones or so.

not asking for an imidiat change but consider it for mod 20 or so
    love a silent heads up if u devs like this direction with me shuting my rap if
    edited March 2019

sgrantdev said:

artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

Thanks for the info.

After retesting, it does not appear that using +Companion Influence dark enchantment in my boot utility slot had any impact on my stats while my augment companion was summoned. On the flip side, it often took quite a long time to get the stats from the augment to trigger in the first place. It currently has 3 Rank 14 Bondings equipped.

Hmmm... I will look into it tomorrow if I get a moment, if not, then Monday.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    sgrantdev said:

artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

Thanks for the info.

Companion influence from charisma seems to work. I'm still trying to figure out what it does.

"Companion Influence strength" which appears on dark enchantments and insignias of dominance, however, doesn't seem to have any effect. I suppose it refers to the wrong stat.

I've checked both companion and character sheets with bondings or not, augment or not, equipment or not. Still nothing.

EDIT : The boon "Simple Support" duely refers to "Companion Influence" but also doesn't have any effect.
    sgrantdev said:

2. The value of the applied debuff will scale based on the quality of the currently summoned companion. So the green companion will give a lower debuff then a legendary one.

This answer confuses me. The enhancement power is slotted next to the offense/defense/utility stats in the companion window is and is different from the companion you have summoned, right? They all mention the summoned companion. So, does the rarity of the companion that gives the enhancement stat and summoned companion both matter?

Thanks for all the answers so far!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    `

empty character with just companion stats. the stats are higher than intended.

Here are the companon stats.

for example in this screenshot i should get 13650( 20199 with augment) ca but i get 30k.

2nd example non augment companion without gear only 3 bonding.

if 3 bonding give 210% then the math is wrong here 2050 +210% =4305 not 7203
    even if companion influence is 12% hidden stat then 2050+12%=2296+210%=4821 not 7203.

if i am wrong correct me.

Post edited by mamalion1234 on
    edited March 2019
    There are so many weird things going on about companions stats that it's hard to know where to start.

Summoning an augment gives your character extra HP. The amount you get doesn't seem to linked to your companion's health stat but varies depending on its level.

Bonding runestones increase the companion's health stat.

Bonding runestones apply roughly 30 seconds after the companion is summoned. This makes testing companion stats a real pain.

The tooltips of bondings have changed with the latest patch but not their effect, so the tooltips are wrong. Rank 10 gives 45% not 47%, rank 15 gives 70% not 73%.

Companions seem to have a hidden +2105 in one or two stats. The stat varies from one companion to another. Deepcrow gets 2k defense for example, red dragon ioun stone gets 2k power and Accuracy, goldfish gets 2k CA, star of simril gets 2k armor pen and accuracy.

The stat "Companion Influence strength" which appears on dark enchantments and insignias of dominance doesn't seem to have any effect, and neither does the boon "Simple Support", probably because they refer to the wrong stat. "Companion Influence" from Charisma, however, definitely has an effect. I don't understand what it does but it only works with non-augment companions.

Bondings have a much bigger effect on non-augment companions but I've given up trying to understand how it works. Because of this they give significantly more stats than an augment with the same gear and same level.

I'll leave you to sort this mess. Good luck.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User

Currently have 5 epic Mystical companions with a total bolster bonus of 13% and in Fighter companions, I have 1 legendary and 4 epic companions, also equaling 13% bolster.

It was stated that the total bolster bonus was reduced, but is it possible to provide information in game on what the max bolster % is, and how much each rarity of a companion will add to it?

sgrantdev said:

sgrantdev said:

artifleur said:

sgrantdev said:

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm... I will look into it tomorrow if I get a moment, if not, then Monday.

So it's INTENDED that I can use a utility slot to get +stats? That's really counter intuitive. At first I was sad that all my utility darks were suddenly useless (it wasn't much, but I liked having +5% movement), but if they're gonna give me bunch of stat points I guess I really can't complain.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    The last patch brought a bigger mess than it did, but it did not solve any existing problems. I will decidedly wait for the next one to see if anything from our suggestions will be taken into consideration.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Companion Batiri at legendary rank gives 304% DMG versus bosses.
  • marekarawn#9701 marekarawn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Didn't see it mentionned so....
    There are 3 bonding slots, unfortunately, 1 of my toons only has 1 Bonding runestone... The other bonding Runestones became equipement enhancements. I hope you will ensure that everyone who has existing companions at least get 3 bonding runestones of an equivalent level to what they had before.
    Also: I chose my companions (and PAID for them - that Zen ain't free!) for their bonuses. Example: that adorable little Quasit gave a Regeneration boost to my squishy Rogue. Now, it's nowhere near as interesting.
    This one may belong elsewhere, but I picked up the jaguar for the Recovery (for my Cleric) - well that is now Accuracy.
    REALLY?
    Hope these will be adjusted or exchanged for more character appropriate
  • marekarawn#9701 marekarawn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    aimsies said:

Equipment slots are now universal meaning any piece of gear can go into any slot
    That's another issue! My companions had Character gear - it worked better. Now, I have no real companion gear.

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Some companions that were marked as collected on live are no more marked as collected on preview. Also collection points are reduced from 213/503 to 53/517. If companion was marked as collected before, it should remain marked. Some one-time event companions could not be even got now. If you change rules on how companions are marked, it should affect only companions acquired after new mod.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    thestia said:

Currently have 5 epic Mystical companions with a total bolster bonus of 13% and in Fighter companions, I have 1 legendary and 4 epic companions, also equaling 13% bolster.

It was stated that the total bolster bonus was reduced, but is it possible to provide information in game on what the max bolster % is, and how much each rarity of a companion will add to it?

Bolster contribution for each companion can be found by hovering the mouse over a companion in the roster (highlighted in the image below)

Bonuses by rarity:
    Legendary -- 3%
    Epic -- 2.5%
    Rare -- 2%
    Uncommon -- 1.5%
    Common -- 1%

Rounding and/or the inability to display anything other than a whole number is causing what you are seeing.

It is also inconsistent. In my screenshot above, the Creatures Bolster Bonus rounds up from 3.5% to 4% and the Beasts Bolster Bonus rounds down from 6.5% to 6%.

If you select a companion you will also see that companions bolster contribution listed in the details panel (highlighted in the image below)

As you can see, that also suffers from the rounding/display issue.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The maximum total bolster per category is 15%.

The bolster contributed per companion is limited to 5 companions per category as follows:
    Legendary: 3%
    Purple: 2.5%
    Blue: 2%
    Green: 1.5%
    White: 1%

I can't tell you exactly in what way Bolster boosts your active companions stats/abilities.

From what I can see, the level of the companion only affects it's own stats, which is meaningless, unless its your active companion. Personally, I'd like to see each of the Bolster rates reduced .5% unless the companion has reached maximum level at it's present tier. This would motivate players to bring many companions into the field and train them up.
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on

The maximum total bolster per category is 15%.

The bolster contributed per companion is limited to 5 companions per category as follows:
    Legendary: 3%
    Purple: 2.5%
    Blue: 2%
    Green: 1.5%
    White: 1%

I can't tell you exactly in what way Bolster boosts your active companions stats/abilities.

From what I can see, the level of the companion only affects it's own stats, which is meaningless, unless its your active companion. Personally, I'd like to see each of the Bolster rates reduced .5% unless the companion has reached maximum level at it's present tier. This would motivate players to bring many companions into the field and train them up.

Looks like it's even less important to upgrade extra companions to legendary just to fill out the bolster bonus. It's needed for player stats, but no need to go out of your way to upgrade extra companions just for the bonus. Throw a few purples in there and it should be pretty good still.
    edited March 2019
    artifleur said:

Bondings have a much bigger effect on non-augment companions but I've given up trying to understand how it works. Because of this they give significantly more stats than an augment with the same gear and same level.

Thanks to @greyjay1 I was able to find the missing part. So, buckle your seat belts here are the formulae for the stats transfered from your companion to your character :

- for augments :

[base stat * (1 + new bolster) + equipment] * (1 + sum of bonding multipliers)

- non-augments :

(base stat + equipment) * (real charisma multiplier + old bolster * number of bondings + sum of bonding multipliers)

new bolster is 15% max
    old bolster is 35% max
    real charisma multiplier is charisma / 300
    bonding tooltips are wrong atm, rank 15 gives 70%, not 73%

The system uses both the new and old bolster formulae.

Bolster has a much smaller effect on augments.

The tooltip for charisma and the value for companion influence shown on the character sheet are wrong, it's charisma / 300 not charisma / 200.

Charisma has no effect on augments.

Other forms of companion influence (enchantments, insignae, boons) have no effect.

Don't forget the hidden 2k boost in one or two stats which doesn't appear on the companion stats sheet.

With enough bolster, non-augments give a lot more stats than augments.

In my opinion, this is far too complicated. I'd rather have bolster and companion influence multiply all stats (base + equipment + hidden 2k) and have the result displayed on the companion sheet.

I'm not sure that I like the idea of utility enchantment slots giving combat stats. Sure it will make my character stronger but it's not utility anymore is it?
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Perhaps, I'm blind... But is there a benefit to using an Augment?

Augment is supposed to give an extra 100% companion stats but it's bugged right now and you only get stats from bondings.

OK, I do correct my statement, augment only give you 100% of their base stats, they do not transfer any stat from equipment and runestones.

I do have no idea if this is intended or a bug, but if augments (their augment skill) do not transfer equipment and runestone stats they will be a quite poor option to be a summoned companion, because they will give you neither protection tanking mobs, nor support, nor damage.

OK, I do need some sleep, augments are working as expected and passing 100% full equipped stats + bondings.
    They dont seem to be passing any HP.

Companions never shared HP before Mod 16. In Mod 16, they don't have HP they have a Health stat. But still, no sharing of HP/Health. That is normal

False statement. Go try an augment.
    Back in the day, when augments roamed Neverwinter and no one heard of bondings, they shared HP. I used to slot for it.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2019

edit: removed link: only worked for max bolster.
    Post edited by greyjay1 on
    After all the changes to companions, I'll be really annoyed if the conclusion remains "augment companions are trash."