test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

commissions vendor STILL takes the wrong item if you double click

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User
I have repeatedly reported this. I have even gone to arc support and they offered to replace the wrongly taken items(Perfect World). At that point, it didn't matter. I had already replaced them myself by making them again. I'm sure they would replace the big stack of black ink I just lost... BUT... that isn't the point

I WANT THE BUG FIXED so it doesn't keep happening to me. I think this is about the 10th time now that this has happened and I have been reporting it since the new module started.

I know how to work around it. Don't double click what you want to sell. First, single click what you want to sell and then double click it. This changes focus to the item you want to sell. If you don't single click first, it will sell whatever item has focus. Default sets the focus to the first item in the top left corner.

And this is not just a problem with the commission vendor. Every vendor has this problem. Every vendor has had this problem as long as I have been playing I think. But when it happens at the commission vendor, the results can be catastrophic.

I think this is probably around the 8th time I have reported this. Yeah, that means I am insane because I keep reporting it expecting different results.

Comments

• Options
    garret84garret84 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I had the same issue buying the shrine items (coffins) for 11 coins which has a chance for dropping full catalyst. Clicking to buy a 11 coins chest resulted in aquiring a 7coins chest (the first one). After several occasions i started to focus-click first and then double click to buy.

p.s.: Sry for my english.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I will check with the team on status of this.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I summon the profession vendor a lot to sell stuff and I never have this problem. Not once. And the stuff I'm selling is scattered across my inventory and it's never in the upper left corner of a bag. I just double click the items I want to sell and the items I want to sell are sold.

I do see this behaviour when trying to use Celestial Coins, though.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Would you fix this bug ALREADY? It just got me again. Selling old assets at the retainer in the workshop. I just burnt a lot of stuff I intended to sell.

You can wait for their fix (if they will fix that at all) and suffer the consequence in the meanwhile. Or, you adapt and change your habit. I assume most has changed theirs.
    Click and make sure the box is highlighted before you double click.

So far I don't have that problem for years (no, this is not a new problem and not just in only one place) because I changed my habit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I did single click first to set the focus but it didn't work. I have changed my habit. What difference does it make? If I change my habits, the thing is still BROKE. Everyone else still suffers even if I have found a work around. It should be fixed simply because it is broken. Them not fixing things that they know are broken and have been broken for a long time tells me how sloppy they are. They never seem to lack time to tinker with ways to slow down progress.

Fixing bugs should be their number 1 priority at all times. The longer they wait to fix stuff the more bugs afflict their customers. The longer they wait to fix stuff the harder it is to fix. What if the programmer who wrote the broken code finds another job or gets fired? Somebody else will have to do a lot more work to fix it than the person who broke it in the first place.

Their track record on fixing bugs is so bad it probably seems to them they don't make any mistakes. Hardly anyone bothers to report stuff.

Did I say they should not fix it?

The game fool you once, twice, ...
    How many times does it take to fool you before you find a way yourself to deal with it?

The difference is you don't suffer until they fix it. Can you control how Cryptic works? The only thing you can control is yourself.

As I said, either you do something yourself or you suffer the consequence.
    If you check if the box has the focus before you double click, it works.
    Or, you can choose not to double click but using the 'sell' button (you still need to make sure the box has focus).

I am selling over a hundred items to the lady everyday and no, so far, I have not lost anything.
    If I have not changed my habit for years already, I would have lost a lot.
    People complained, bug stays. We can keep on complaining and we should but in the meanwhile, I prefer to protect myself by changing my habit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Game issues that have a workaround do get placed lower on the priority queue - it's bugs that do not have a workaround or temporary solution that have to be highest on the priority queue for fixes. It's not ideal and we do frequently discuss the impact of the workaround itself, but it's necessary to have a system in place for the prioritization of fixes.