test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Preview Patch Notes: NW.110.20190225b.2 (Still In Progress)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Please read the Official M16 - Overview post first!

Check the feedback threads to see a lot of what's in Module 16, and to give your feedback!

Known issues:
  • "New Level 70 Character" is disabled on Preview. To copy characters from the live game, see: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
  • For players above level 70, Artifact activated powers either don't deal damage, or deal a ton of damage.

Informational

Class Updates

Content and Dungeons

Feature Updates
  • Companion Updates: New active power design, Bonding Runestone tweaks, equipment updates - Feedback Thread
  • Refinement Updates: New tier, improved quality-of-life experiences - Feedback Thread
  • Stats and Mechanics - Additions and removals of stats, addition of enemy target ratings - Feedback Thread - Dev Blog

For Anything Else
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    terramak said:

Please just log in with existing characters or create new Level 1 characters. Copying characters from the live game is fine too.

Doesn't that cover all the ways you can log in? Pretty sure there isn't a 4th way.

Out of those 3 ways, only creating a new character works for me. How is it other people are getting in?

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    If you're getting disconnected right when you load into a map, that *probably* means your character is in a configuration that the code is confused about, and the map is closing right when you load in and it tries to do an update.

We've hotfixed one case of this, and are looking into a new one.
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the info. Same thing here. I guess I will just try later. Hoping it gets fixed for tonight and rest of weekend!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I was only able to get on server with a toon I created on that server years ago. After updating all the boons and stuff, now it disconnects constantly. :'(
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I can't do anything on the server, I cannot move and as soon as I try I fall through the world, everything goes black and after a while I am kicked out of server.

Edit: And now whenever I try to relog to server I get a time out message
  • susanna#6357 susanna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I don't know if this is a bug or feedback,but I have updated my powers/boons and companion and now I'm ready to start looking at undermountain. BUT where is it? I go to my journal and highlight the quest, 'Cult in crisis' and all it tells me is that I can't reach it from the map I am on I can't start from protector's enclave, I can't start from well of dragons. There is nothing in journal telling you who to talk to or where to talk to them. In essence, the quest cannot be started. I am testing on mimic server.
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Companions +4
    click on used slot crash in Russian Server
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    you start the new campaign, at this time, by going to the world map and selecting the icon in the bottom right of the map.

P.S. are you (the devs) getting rid of identify scrolls? I've picked up several items and none of them needed to be identified so I do ask, are you getting rid of Identify Scrolls?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    A question to @terramak I'm being asked by some Russian friends to test stuff for them because they can't copy characters over. They say the copy to test simply transfers their Russian characters over to the Russian test server rather then the ones they want on Dragon to Mimic. Is there a way round this ?
  • dottynessy#7710 dottynessy Member Posts: 7 Arc User

you start the new campaign, at this time, by going to the world map and selecting the icon in the bottom right of the map.

P.S. are you (the devs) getting rid of identify scrolls? I've picked up several items and none of them needed to be identified so I do ask, are you getting rid of Identify Scrolls?

yes they already stated identify as a mechanic is completely removed in m16
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Good god, tell me you don't mean to release the seal exchange in this state.

One of my testing characters had 851 Seals of the Brave, so I went to the seal trader to exchange them for Seals of the Crown and buy a couple of Barovian set pieces… only to find that I need to buy one seal at a time. *shudders*

It's nice that it's a 1:1 exchange unlike the last one, but... seriously. Who's going to bother with it when it's simpler to just run a few random queues?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Just started preview server today, and I received a patch. Since this forum doesn't seem to be updated with patch notes any more, where can I go to find out what changed?
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Seriously it has now been 2 patches and people that spend countles of hours on preview has to guess what changes are made because non take the time to post the changes?

I know that has been mention that they are to be posted I hope you can be so kind to fulfill that in a very near future.

Best
This discussion has been closed.