What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comments

• Options
    sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    agilesto said:

May have been highlighted already, but just in case:

Only a fraction of my pets are highlighted in the collection.
    I have 149 companions, and when I copy a character to the preview, only a fraction of them are recognized in the new collection organization, despite being activated on the live server collection. (try out Ewilan Gil'Sayan 40@agilesto for example)

Some companions display twice on the "Manage all companions" tab, despite having only one of each. On this same #40 toon, it happens for the Razorwood, the Infant Gorilla, the Armored Orc Wolf, and the Sylph.
    Even stranger for the Razorwood, it shows mine with the correct name at the correct legendary quality, but it shows another with standard name, at epic quality.

Just wanted to let you know that this has been reported and we are investigating it.
  • Options
    greyjay1 said:

I already posted this in the "Stats and Mechanics" thread, just posting this here again, because it affects both topics:
    I tested how the companion stats transfer to the player and I found the following results:

1. Companion items + Runestones
      • The combined rating from Companion Equipment does not show on the Companion's stat-sheet, however it transfers over through bondings.
      • The multiplier that applies to the stats from these sources is the sum of your bondings ( for 3*r15s that would be 0.7*3 = 2.1)
    2. Companion Base Stats
      • The Companion Stat Bonus from Charisma currently grants a bonus 0.3333333% per 1 Charisma.
      • The Bolster Bonus *adds* to the bonding multiplier and ADDS FOR EACH BONDING, that means, if you have 3 bondings slotted, you benefit 3 times from the Bolster Bonus.
      • Example: 3 Charisma, 3 bondings r15, Bolster Bonus of 35%: You recieve 1.01*( 3*0.7 + 3*0.35)=3.1815 of your companion's Base Stats.
    Thanks for the report, will look into these.
  • Options
    szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    What about people who bought many companion idle slots? There are wasting of ad/zen because in undermountain pets slot have no limit?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    szerevax said:

What about people who bought many companion idle slots? There are wasting of ad/zen because in undermountain pets slot have no limit?

Not quite wasted...you got some use out of them for a while....but yeah. (I know, I have 138 companions....no big deal, really.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    It seems like most bis dps companions have been made useless in mod 16. This almost feels like a punishment for trying to be part of the meta, I understand they probably want us to have more variety when it comes to usable companions and I like the idea but I don't think this is the right way to do it. Make other companions desirable and not mine less desirable by changing the stats to something I have no need for.

A legendary companion exchange would be awesome. Unbinding all companions and making them account bound would be great too, I have companions on alts I would of never sent there(hindsight's 20/20) and could really use on my main.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

It seems like most bis dps companions have been made useless in mod 16. This almost feels like a punishment for trying to be part of the meta, I understand they probably want us to have more variety when it comes to usable companions and I like the idea but I don't think this is the right way to do it. Make other companions desirable and not mine less desirable by changing the stats to something I have no need for.

A legendary companion exchange would be awesome. Unbinding all companions and making them account bound would be great too, I have companions on alts I would of never sent there(hindsight's 20/20) and could really use on my main.

I second the idea of a companion exchange, though maybe only allow it for purple companions and zen store companions.
  • Options

I like most changes to companions. Some are actually a large improvement in the field "quality of life" changes.
    I can also live with the fact, that companions do not provide as high buffs as pre MOD 16.
    In fact, on live the overpowered companions buffs (in some cases) contributed to balancing problem.
    Also, the new companion in MOD 16 is stronger (in healing and survival)

However, there is one thing that bothers me a lot:

The buffs to stats provided by companions in MOD 16 have been changed completely in some cases. Instead of scaling down the stat buffs, according to the general philosophy of MOD 16, the very nature of some buffs has been changed. Please explain the rationale behind such drastic changes in some cases, compared to the reasonable changes in other cases. If the unexpected changes of the very nature of the buff (in some cases) are an oversight, please adjust the buffs so that they resemble the original buff in MOD 15, e.g. provide the same buff - or if the buffed stat does not exist in MOD 16, its closest replacement stat. If the buff would be overpowered according to fit in with the new philosophy of MOD 16, just scale it down, but do not change it to something completely different, unexpected and uncalled for, that renders it - in most cases - useless .

Example:

Wiggins, the Undead
    available for 2500 ZEN in the ZEN-store

Current buff under MOD 15: If fight lasts longer than 30 sec, 5% increase to power and defense
    New buff under MOD 16: Chance on hit for 2000 deflect and 4% dodge for companion

These are two completely different buffs, and there is no obvious reason, why the original buff had to change so drastically.
    In fact:

- power and defense are still valid stats in MOD 16, so no need to change the stats because of stat-changes
    - 5% does not seem overpowered in MOD 16. If it is, it can be scaled down to 3% or whatever fits
    - the new buff does not provide power, so its become effectively useless to dps classes (dps classes are the most likely buyers of this particular companion)
    - although the new buff still provides a defensive stat, the predictable percentage increase to defense (damage mitigation) has become pure chance effect (deflect, depending on a dice roll)
    - the original buff was provided after 30 seconds (totally predictable, useful for long fights), now it is a pure chance effect (chance on hit; nearly useless especially in long fights, because the dps usually don't want to get hit in prolonged fights, which are usually fights where good tanks are required that should soak up nearly all the damage)

I specifically bought the companion with ZEN, because I wanted a predictable dps and defense increase in prolonged fights.
    In MOD 16 I will have no dps increase and a "defense increase" only in name, that is random and will rarely proc.
    I try to build all my characters in a predictable way, not relying on chance effects whenever possible.

I cannot see any reason, why the very nature of the buff had to change. In fact, for other "high value" companions, such as archons, the reworked buff under MOD 16 is a scaled down version of its original version in MOD 15, that is still useful. Why retain the usefulness and functionality of some "high value" companions (archons, razorwood, etc.), but render the functionality totally useless for an even "higher value" companion bought from the ZEN shop (and still available and advertised with the "old" buff)? ZEN is usually bought from real money. For an item bought from real money you do not expect that it will become something totally different and useless in a very short time. If you buy a weapon, you don't expect it do become a belt or a fashion item in a new MOD. You expect it will be a properly scaled version of the original buff in a new MOD.

So I would kindly ask the devs to
    - either explain why this (and other) companion buffs had to be changed to something completely different
    - why it is necessary to completely invalidate most companions bought from the ZEN store
    - or, if the above actually was an oversight, please go through all companions and adjust the "new" buff in MOD 16 in such a way, that the new buff provides similar benefits and functionality as the old buff

This was an error. The two powers you are comparing are not related. The Mod 16 one is an additional slotable power. Wiggins MOD 15 power was just mistakenly removed in the changeover and I have resolved that now. Sorry for the error, thank you for the report.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

I second the idea of a companion exchange, though maybe only allow it for purple companions and zen store companions.
    All companions, insignias, enchants and runestones should be exchange, not only enchants and 2 insignias.
  • Options
    nisckis said:

All companions, insignias, enchants and runestones should be exchange, not only enchants and 2 insignias.
    Historically, not all companions have been equal in terms of market value, to a much greater extent than was true for enchants.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'm deeply concerned about the changes to the wisp, cantankerous mage, and red slaad. My CW is built specifically for CC, and removing control bonus from all companions severely gimps her build. She lives and dies by her ability to keep swarms of enemies from attacking her all at once. I'm especially concerned about the wisp companion, which costs a boatload of zen and was bought specifically for its active bonus. I'd really appreciate hearing from one of the devs on this, because it's a really big deal.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1 said:

I'm deeply concerned about the changes to the wisp, cantankerous mage, and red slaad. My CW is built specifically for CC, and removing control bonus from all companions severely gimps her build. She lives and dies by her ability to keep swarms of enemies from attacking her all at once. I'm especially concerned about the wisp companion, which costs a boatload of zen and was bought specifically for its active bonus. I'd really appreciate hearing from one of the devs on this, because it's a really big deal.

I'd like to second this. While I imagine that, to the vast majority of users, +Offense is preferable to +Control bonus, the people who bought these respective companions did so explicitly for the +Control effects.

Now, the net impact doesn't *necessarily* have to be the same. But for zen shop companions (including the ones listed here) there really should be some way of keeping their bonuses all active at once.

For non-zen shop companions, I think it's a lot more fair to change their effect. But the only people using any of the companions listed above are using them for CC.

Though, again: a companion exchange system would work just as well.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Couple of companions with odd stat scaling
    1. Ioun Stone of Radiance: at Uncommon, gives 6% Incoming Healing, +1500 Deflection. It remains unchanged until Legendary, when it increases to +8% Incoming Healing, +2000 Delfection. I believe this should scale as 2/4/6/8% and 500/1000/1500/2000.
    2. Quasit gives +3000 Armor Penetration / +6000 Deflection at Rare, scales up as 4500/9000 Armor Penetration, 9000/12000 Deflection at Epic / Legendary.
    3. Wandering Scarecrow gives +4000 Armor Penetration / +1000 Defense at Rare. Armor Pen should be adjust to 2000, and scale from there.
    4. Mini Apparatus of Gond - has no powers.
    Post edited by cdnbison on
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Should level of the companion effect the +rating? or is it just whether its green/purple etc., I think it would be nice to see an incentive to level up companions which have no strong primary combat role. Like +1 rating if the companion is fully leveled.
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I also noted that several ZEN shop companions have been changed to near uselessness and posted in this thread, giving a specific example (wiggins, the undead). I suggested that all companions (and especially the ZEN shop companions) should be looked at, so that their buffs/boni under MOD 16 are as close as possible to the buffs/boni they provide in MOD 15. If the buff is too powerful according to the new philosophy of MOD 16, it should be scaled down, but not changed to something completely different (or removed entirely).

The dev responsible for companions (sgrantdev) answered my post, clarifying that it was an oversight. But it seems that (s)he only re-adjusted the one companion I have given as an example. I hope, that the devs will look at the other companions as well, at least the ones bought from the ZEN shop...
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

This was an error. The two powers you are comparing are not related. The Mod 16 one is an additional slotable power. Wiggins MOD 15 power was just mistakenly removed in the changeover and I have resolved that now. Sorry for the error, thank you for the report.

Thanks so much for the clarification (didnt realize it was a new power, just noticed that the MOD 15 power was missing). And also thanks for restoring the MOD 15 power for Wiggins. But there also other ZEN bought companions, that seem to suffer the same or similar problems (MOD 15 buff removed or changed)...
  • Options
    malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    lol man.. you guys made all theese changes without testing/balancing them properly?

Cos about 99% of the changes to companions dont make any sense at all. Its like completly oposite roles/buffs.

You will need months if not more to rebalance and refix all this nonsense.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

W/ respect to companions what is the "companion influence" stat provided by dark enchantments placed in the utility slot? What is being buffed, and where exactly can I see this on the character sheet?

Health of companion suommoned.
  • Options
    violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Hello. Aranea(epic) 3% chance taking into account the alternative options, it would be possible to raise the chance and decrease the damage, so to speak balance. The same with Vicious Dire Wolf(epic) 5%. Werewolf when the goal is sick with lyontropy you get 10% vampirism is it possible to change this ability to increase 10% damage, such as the "rage of the pack"? Netheres Arcanist with the processing of warlocks, is it possible to return the healing function to an ally's ability? how about doing it Dread Warrior. I'm really looking forward to what you do with Acolyte of Kelemvor. Many satellites have the ability to give a combat advantage against the target such as Swashbuckler, black Death Scorpion, Dancing Blade, Blink dog and other. Some bonuses that give combat advantage work only on 1 target and some give CA group some act very little that does not allow full use. Such satellites would be very helpful for RDD, especially for rangers whose damage depends on distance and would not allow to throw a new characteristic(CA) for pure RDD.And so I hope that all satellites will cease to be tin dummies and will use their intelligence and abilities with adequate speed such as the ghost of a paladin or skeleton the swing of their weapon or the pause between attacks is too slow. Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you will understand that even if I had the most sympathetic meaning.Good luck, we hope for you!
  • Options
    alaric3183alaric3183 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Context: Relatively new lvl 70 Justicar
    Overall I was somewhat confused by the Companion changes.

I have 3 empty Defense slots, but no idea how to utilise them, or whether I even should.
    My previous gear (rings etc.) from Companions was in inventory, but would cost a lot of gold (I have ~20g) to separate (still useful) Enchants from (now useless) gear. Would be appreciated if gear/enchantments could automatically be separated.
    Acolyte of Kelemvor healing seemed less effective (aka non-existent) in the content I ran.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Each slot has one of 3 themes (offense, defense, utility)

I think you should consider changing about having 3 slots off or deff. This is very unfavorable in terms of classes that have, for example, two dps paths. You give us no choice. I think it would be a good move to change one slot off / deff to universal. Then everyone could choose what suits his play.

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    cdnbison said:

Couple of companions with odd stat scaling
    1. Ioun Stone of Radiance: at Uncommon, gives 6% Incoming Healing, +1500 Deflection. It remains unchanged until Legendary, when it increases to +8% Incoming Healing, +2000 Delfection. I believe this should scale as 2/4/6/8% and 500/1000/1500/2000.
    2. Quasit gives +3000 Armor Penetration / +6000 Deflection at Rare, scales up as 4500/9000 Armor Penetration, 9000/12000 Deflection at Epic / Legendary.
    3. Wandering Scarecrow gives +4000 Armor Penetration / +1000 Defense at Rare. Armor Pen should be adjust to 2000, and scale from there.
    4. Mini Apparatus of Gond - has no powers.

I believe these are fixed but will double check. Thanks for the report.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Should level of the companion effect the +rating? or is it just whether its green/purple etc., I think it would be nice to see an incentive to level up companions which have no strong primary combat role. Like +1 rating if the companion is fully leveled.

Level affects ratings

Post edited by sgrantdev on
  • Options

Companion influence affects all companion stats

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Thanks for the info.

Will it be functional in the incoming build?
  • Options
    malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'm just
    sgrantdev said:

Right now I have x2 Dark Enchants equipped on my TR, a r 9 (2.7%CI) & r11 (3.7% CI). Total boost is 6.4%.

Without them equipped, the HP on my Chultan Tiger is 373, 378. With the 6.4% boost from companion the expected boost from HP should be 397,274. However, it's only 374, 667 - that's not the 6.4% boost I expected.

Furthermore, IF it's all stats... I'm just not seeing any change to power/ awareness/ etc when I take the enchant off/ put it back on. Is it currently bugged on preview ?
    Post edited by malekith#8724 on
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I'm just

sgrantdev said:

Right now I only have x2 Dark Enchants, a r 9 & r11, which together only boost companion influence 6.4% which itself only adds ~1.2k to my Chultan Tiger's HP. That's less than the 6.4% boost I could have expected.

Furthermore, IF it's all stats... I'm just not seeing any change to power/ awareness/ etc when I take the enchant off/ put it back on. Is it currently bugged on preview ?
    Well, I hope they re-wrote the companion influence code. IT was bugged 'as-intended' before. What I mean by that is that the % companion boost only affected the original stats of the companion... so you were only getting about +30 stat gain per percent boost.

This meant that charisma (which everyone took for CA boost), was giving about +30 stat gain from companion boost, whereas dexterity was giving +400 critical stat gain + 200/400 deflect stat gain +AoE resist. From what I've read, no one could ever specify when AoE resist was actually calculated, if it was calculated.
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    After update, has the max potential stat percentages to bond over changed from base, companion influence or bolstering? Same with augments hp, etc?