test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Barbarian Feedback

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    tk1888 said:

Hidden Dagger is not initiating leap back. Initially when preview started there was a spike in the damage you did, but that is not noticeable now.

At Wills: All worthless. Even configuring all of the damage boosts imaginable, from companions, feats, boons, weapon enchants, stat configuration, class features, etc; they still only allow you to do barely half the damage per blow that the run of the mill enemies can cause you with one of theirs. Not counting gold enemies or bosses. You're lucky if you dont get one-shotted going against those.

Hidden Daggers works fine for me and is best used with At-wills to get the most out of it.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Well I got my Barbie to 80 and geared her up a bit. Aside from bugs with enemy damage I had the easiest time leveling the Sentinel of all the characters (Warlock, Paladin and Barbarian) I’ve done.

In essence I found the Sentinel to be what I expected in comparison to live. Basically the Sentinel feels like how I want the Warlock to feel and would be nice if the Paladin felt close to it using powers other than Smite.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    drumon88 said:

I have to say with the changes in encounter recovery times its more annoying than ever to hit a button and have an encounter fire when it has no target, especially with encounters like Bloodletter and Takedown.

IBS has been bad about this for as long as I've been playing, even when fighting a group of mobs before me it will often simply "miss" everything. Wasn't the end of the world in mod15 due to the comparatively short cooldown and comparatively excellent survivability and comparatively excellent other sources of damage, but for what equates to HALF of all damage done in a fight simply whiffing for no apparent reason coupled with a huge cooldown, it feels pretty bad and runs a very real risk of getting you killed in a lot of places right now due to the "you have 8 seconds to kill them or they will kill you" thing they have going.
    I've considered making some changes to these powers so that they actually require a valid target. That wouldn't prevent them from being legitimately dodged such as in PvP, but you'd no longer be able to swing them at nothing. How would people prefer if their powers were to change in that way?
    paleth said:

asterdahl said:

On the topic of the damage formula and how magnitude functions: magnitude is basically percent of weapon damage. We purposefully left this abstract, as for new players who aren't crunching numbers, it should be fairly learnable that a 300 magnitude attack deals about 3x the damage of a 100 magnitude attack. That being said, at its core the power literally looks like "Weapon Damage * (Magnitude/100)"

I see, works as intended then. I was confused by Steel Blitz unpredictable behavior:
    -Damage modifiers are inherited from power triggering it. For example Sure Strike with Rampage feat active will pass 132% dmg increase (Master At Arms + Rampage) to Steel Blitz.
    -Apparently any effect can trigger it. Procs from Not So Fast sometimes deal 0 damage, i suspect this is caused by slow application which is separate from damage (maybe coded as strike with 0% modifier?). Curiously Bloodletter can proc it from heal, giving us damage, i wasnt able to test if it actually heals (negative modifier)

Other than that ive somehow omitted pretty big bug:
    -Surprise Attack from Hidden Daggers isnt consumed on next attack, however buff is applied to every hit while its active - results in massive damage
    Thanks for the reports! I'll get those fixed. I believe Steel Blitz will already be fixed this week, as I reworked all the feats and addressed a ton of bugs while I was in there.

@asterdahl
    Sentinel's Slash or should i say Reaping strike 2.0 , i was so hyped to see it revamped, maybe hoping to see it removed, but i guess there is a reason to have it? can't explain why is this At-will worth a 2nd chance?
    Anyway there is a bug with it, if i use it and animation cancel it, i end up Killing my enemy and take no damage, it feels like i am playing DragonBallFighterZ and i keep using the same move to beat my enemy.

Sentinel's Slash -> Block -> Sentinel's Slash -> Block etc.

Just please rethink again to completly revamp this Atwill, it feels like a curse to this class.

Was thinking of a At-will called Shackles, should work on the same idea of a Charging At-will, you basically hit him with Chains (like a whip-slash) and if u charge it (basically keep the button pressed), you going to chain your enemy and make him move slow, it should work while moving with no movement debuff on your side, something similar to Dreadtheft from Warlocks, and while enemy is Chained it should slow his movements and deal some DoT damage.

As side note, i will look forward to the following changes coming this week, aswell as for the new change to Frontline Surge, you said no one is going to miss it, but i can tell you few other powers that could be replaced.

Also i think that Takedown shouldn't be in the Sentinel's Unique Powers, using Roar would be better, it builds Rage, i don't see why Blademaster's needs to use Roar, Obviously you can raise the Magnitude and it will become a choice, but still it doesn't feel alright, still better to be used in the Sentinel's Path.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd be a little worried about putting both Daring Shout and Roar on the same paragon path as they feel conceptually very similar. But I'll certainly consider changing things around based on everyone's feedback. I don't think Swordmaster needs takedown, but let me know how you feel after this week's feat changes, and other power changes.

Finally: in regards to Sentinel's Slash, the curse of this power when it was reaping strike is that it was a pure DPS ability that couldn't be maximized easily because it wouldn't automatically fire. When it's a defensive power, I think it's in an okay state. But you said you were using it to effectively block the enemy's attack, did that feel bad? I think it can be nice that the Sentinel has a power they can use while still blocking, but I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts as they try it out.

@asterdahl
    I am going to make this feedback only Role vs Role focus, towards PvP mostly, and why balancing through PvP , it should balance the classes in PvE.
    So there is obviously a flaw in design, when you are saying that a TANK should deal 60-70% damage of the DPS role, and also when you say that a TANK should DEAL damage to KEEP AGGRO, this obviously doesn't sound right. When a TANK is going to focus on defensive stats, he does that to be TANKY, so obviously the DPS role will focus into offensive stats and be more or less glass cannon, now if the TANK does 60-70% dmg of the DPS, is the DPS role supposed to be 60-70% tankier of the TANK role? No it isn't. So if a TANK deals that Damage while he maintains the Defensive stats, how do you think a DPS role will perform when it will fight a TANK class? obviously the DPS is going to lose, again like i posted above you should rethink of this, or else there will be big class imbalances in the future, and you will have to retune the classes over and over, until you will reach this point.
    Make Shared Powers to deal way less damage than the DPS role Unique Powers deal, and if it's a TANK/DPS or TANK/HEAL you have to set those dmg powers to be really weak, in case the TANK wants to deal more damage, he needs to overcome that with the lack of defensive stats, and he gets more offensive stats.
    Anyway the class revamp is good, the mostly everything done was good, class mechanics etc. But i think there is a wrong approach towards the TANK, DPS and HEALER balancing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJn8OqtRSo just a video that i stumbled upon, doesn't give you concrete evidence, but if you look carefully you will understand the flaws... and you might say now that there isn't tenacity buff, ofc it isn't thats why the changes were done, to remove the layers of layers that were implemented because the classes were so imbalanced. I see the new system is going to inherit the previous system flaws?

Please rethink the damage that a TANK is supposed to deal, please rethink the idea of dealing damage to keep aggro as a TANK, and also rethink on how much damage should a TANK and HEALER role should deal.
    The solution is pretty obvious is that a TANK and HEALER should deal enough damage to do the solo quests, dailies, campaigns etc, but be really weak in QUE content.

Hi! Thanks for the PvP focused feedback, we're aware that there are some issues with the balance of tanks in PvP currently. We have felt form our own playtests that healers feel pretty good, they can seriously turn the tides, but can be focused pretty effectively if the group is paying attention.

Tanks can be dispatched pretty well if you can flank them as well, but powers like Smite just hit too hard all at once. This week's build will see smite get a magnitude reduction, and we are also looking at general adjustments to damage values in regards to PvP to bring down the big spikes.
    edited March 2019
    gestrisa said:

Hey @asterdahl I've been trying the new changes. So far it's way more playable and fun. I'm also not sure if you guys nerfed Vanrakdoom cultists or just the new changes for Barbie + the preview gear but it's definitely more survivable now.

Sentinel damage bugged

Few tests with Sentinel and as others pointed out, they deal way more damage than intended to.

Hidden Daggers
    I also think Hidden Daggers is currently broken (unless I just don't understand how it works). From what I understand it adds +200 magnitude for the next attack (be it sure strike's first slash or Axethrow) but currently it's working as a +200 to all powers for ~4 seconds. For example after using hidden daggers I notice a large increase in damage when spamming Blademaster's Strike (weapon master's strike) multiple times for ~4 seconds.

Avalanche of Steel
    I've also read that a lot of people want Avalanche of Steel swapped out from the Blademaster path for Slam. While it makes sense, I've experienced many time where it saved my toon from dying just by buying enough time for potion cooldowns to be finished. I don't know if considering this as a panic button a good thing or not but it does help newer players who are lower gear level survive more. I kind of wish this should be a shared power rather than exclusive, I wouldn't even mind if it's damage got nerfed but a Sentinel feat buffs it. It's probably got no use for group play but it's really great for soloing and soloing is such a big portion of the gameplay.

Human Racial Bonus
    I still haven't fully wrapped my head around the feats and I hope the upcoming new ones will be better. The only question that's running in my head right now is what to do with the extra paragon feats (Heroic Feat) the Human race is supposed to have? I always preferred the extra feat points (Heroic Feat) the Human Race rather than Drow's Trancefire or H.Orc's Furious Assault gives, but with so very few feats probably makes it way stronger than intended. Are you guys replacing it with another bonus? Or are most racial bonuses also being reworked to better match with Mod 16's calculations?

Companions
    So far I've been loving the new companions. It's pretty weird that some companions constitute a large chunk of their overall DPS and even as far as I've heard other people say do more damage than they do. Are you devs planning to nerf them (I hope not)? Overall I do feel they are more substantial rather than acting like extra buffers previous mod. On a side note with Pets being more powerful than before, any plans on introducing a new Pet focused class?

I believe some issues were fixed in Vanrakdoom, as it was definitely not intended to be as difficult as it was in week 1, I'm not certain all the issues there are fixed yet, but I am not tracking the issues with that zone personally. In regards to Avalanche, it's staying Blademaster, in reality, allowing the tank to jump out of the arena for 5s would be very awkward, allowing total avoidance of tank busters that other tank classes have to deal with, so it really can't be moved.

In regards to the human racial bonus, I believe they already have a new racial bonus—though I don't have the game in front of me right now, and I didn't work on it so I can't recall what it is. (Edit: Silvergryph already posted with what the bonus is, thank you!) You can find it at the bottom of your powers sheet though (you do need to scroll, there's one row off the bottom that isn't displayed at the default size.) Long term we'd like to stop supporting some lower resolutions so we can make these windows bigger or resizable, but that won't be possible in Mod 16.

I just wanted to talk about Brash Strike real quick, as I just unlocked it a little while ago on Preview while going thru Undermountain.

Brash Strike
    The first attack in the chain, which is obviously just the Takedown animation but slightly modified, doesn't really flow very well with the second and third attacks, which as far as i'm aware are completely brand new animations(?). Additionally, this 1st attack doesn't seem to properly gain the attack speed increase of Unstoppable/Battlerage mode, while the 2nd and 3rd attacks seem to function as they should. If this has anything to do with the fact that the 1st attack shares a character animation with an Encounter power (Takedown), then I think you should just replace the 1st attack anim entirely and maybe use one of the attack anims from GF's Cleave or Crushing Surge instead. I can imagine the 1st or 2nd attacks from either of those atwill chains would flow a lot better with last 2 attacks of Brash Strike, as they 're all heavy, arcing swings.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it as soon as I can. Barbarian was in other hands when Brash Strike and Adamantine Strike were implemented, and I am not satisfied with how they feel at the moment, so I am working with our animation team to get them into a better spot. Axestorm and the new Sentinel powers that will be arriving this week were powers I worked on. (Bounding Smash too, but that's not meaningful at the moment due to the animation bug, sorry about that! I think you'll all really dig it when you get the animation this week.)

Tested damages between the paths with everything unequipped also no boons and feats. I only equipped test sword and the result is Sentinel is dealing approximately 120% more damage than blademaster (Or blademaster is dealing less damage, I don't know which path has the correct value). Since these damages are base damage, there might be a bug with the Will of the Sentinel(Sentinel) or the Master at Arms(Blademaster) mechanic.
    Also I don't know if the magnitudes are going to change but Axestorm has the magnitude of 1600 unlike the tooltip says 1000.

Axestorm's magnitude is unfortunately far too high for an AoE power, so it will be getting lowered some, but it will still be quite powerful. Thanks for testing the Sentinel naked against the Blademaster with the same power, that saves me a lot of investigation time when I get a chance to look into what is going on.
  • rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I have noticed that axestorm doesn't hit enemies who have different altitude than you do. Sometimes I didn't hit enemies who were in my range whereas with hidden daggers I did hit them. This was happening to me a lot in Bryn Shander.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Hi people,

Hate to be that guy, and I'm glad that your class is recieving positive attention from the powers that be, but one of the rangers did some testing, the results below.

Did a quick test...

Test Conditions:

-"Pimped out" Ranger 23k IL with rank 15 bondings (test #1 - #3)
    -19k IL Barbarian with rank 14 bondings (test #4)
    -1 minute timer for each test on target dummies in stronghold
    -each test was repeated three times, only the best test result is displayed
    -each test started with full action points
    -no artifacts or mount powers were used
    -damage tracked in ACT
    -summoned companion was chultan tiger

test #1: Hunter paragon, archery focused feats and encounters, Best DPS in 1 minute: 5,775,504

test #2: Hunter paragon, trapper focused feats and encounters, Best DPS in 1 minute: 4,542,665

test #3: Warden paragon, melee focused feats and encounters, Best DPS in 1 minute: 4,562,792

test #4: Barbarian Blademaster, Best DPS in 1 minute: 9,442,025 (lowest was ~8,700,000)

This outlines what many of us have been saying in this thread, the Ranger is currently not competing with other DPS classes, and the warden is not in balance with the hunter. It's pretty eye opening when another class with ~4k less Item level so completely demolishes the Ranger in every respect. I could repeat this test result comparing the Ranger to the Wizard, or the Rogue.. and the results would look similar.

You're welcome of course to repeat the test yourselves, if you have HR alts of comparable gearscores.

@devteam.

I know it always feels good to do good, and build rapport with a portion of the playerbase, I'm a teacher, and face the same temptations in the classroom, but the game right now is effectively rebooting itself and if it does so with one dps class head and shoulders above the rest as it is now, then that class's damage will pretty much begin to dictate content parameters in the following mods, mobs and bosses' resistances and HP pools will become increasingly tuned to gwf damage output, and it will become a vicious circle: the difficulty will be such that a good party - with a good gwf - will be able, with X ammount of struggle, to complete the run. The backside however, will mean that parties using anything but a good gwf will have the difficulty turned up to 11. Which will in turn drive them to seek out a gwf in the dps slot, increasing gwf popularity and demand, reinforceing the cycle.

I could just teach the cool kids in class, and ignore the others. Would make my life easier sure. Would also breed resentment and bring the entire class averages down and get me fired lol.

Tldr, please invest some time in the other dps classes, and bring them up to a comparitive damage output.
    No idea what my toon is now.

So incase you really are looking at PvP you could try to look on the above links, or give them to the right developer to do so.

As for the concerns that i have about TANKS and HEALERs, i want to bring it again fourth that i do not think they should deal 60%-70% of the DPS role, i think thats a bit to high imo. But we will see how it works, also i have no idea how PvP will end up to be in mod 16, but not sure that the Tenacity buff is still working or not, and if there is still the Crowd Control system in place.

Thanks for the links! I will check these out, I was aware of most of the evolutions of PvP over the years, and we are absolutely hoping that things will be in a better place with the changes. In regards to tenacity, or rather, the base resistances in PvP, I believe they may have been turned off temporarily, but I will check. Diminishing returns on CC are definitely working though, we've definitely seen them in effect in our internal PvP sessions.

We will continue to keep a careful eye on tank damage. Ultimately, you'll have to make some choices between taking more mitigative abilities or more damaging abilities in PvP, you won't get full survivability and hit 70% of a DPS's damage in PvP, no way. Particularly because tanks are slower. That target is for PvE, and a DPS focused build.

Also, keep in mind that while the tank may be more durable, they cannot completely avoid your attacks, as they have no immunity frames.

@asterdahl
    Sentinel's Slash, i am not sure that you want any of the Barbarians to see them using this atwill and animation cancel it and obtain the effects of the atwill, i mean like i said you used Sentinel's Slash -> Block -> Sentinel's Slash -> Block->Sentinel's Slash -> Block -> Sentinel's Slash -> Block , it feels like a cheap move, i really do feel that this At-will is out of place, that's it, its your choice on how you do it.

Avalanche Of Steel, you might say that it feels out of place for Sentinel, but not really, its the only Daily that offers us Immunity frames, if i am out of Stamina, or in a bad situation as a TANK i could use that to get out of bad situation, sure you can leave it on Blademaster's but at the end of the day it is counter productive with how the class builds stacks, buffs and everything, because the Daily duration is quite long, and by the time you hit your enemies your buffs will be gone, this is why i think it's a daily used in a Defensive manner, and shouldn't be used on the Blademaster's, feels way better in the Sentinel's path, feels more natural to me.

Thanks for the feedback! I did not understand your original post, apologies, I thought you were referring to the block effect of Sentinel's Slash, not animation canceling it with block. I will look into it and make the necessary adjustments.

In regards to Avalanche of Steel, when I said it couldn't fit into the Sentinel's kit, it wasn't that I didn't think a tank would want it, we would really not like to give tanks immunity frames, as they can invalidate mechanics that should otherwise be very difficult for tanks and healers.

For crescendo, I feel like it has a place now with the damage adjustment, since it has such a high single target magnitude, but I am keeping my eyes open for feedback, and I will definitely consider making further adjustments after this Friday's build!

I have noticed that axestorm doesn't hit enemies who have different altitude than you do. Sometimes I didn't hit enemies who were in my range whereas with hidden daggers I did hit them. This was happening to me a lot in Bryn Shander.

Thanks for the report, I'll take a look!
    jonkoca said:

I know it always feels good to do good, and build rapport with a portion of the playerbase, I'm a teacher, and face the same temptations in the classroom, but the game right now is effectively rebooting itself and if it does so with one dps class head and shoulders above the rest as it is now, then that class's damage will pretty much begin to dictate content parameters in the following mods, mobs and bosses' resistances and HP pools will become increasingly tuned to gwf damage output, and it will become a vicious circle: the difficulty will be such that a good party - with a good gwf - will be able, with X ammount of struggle, to complete the run. The backside however, will mean that parties using anything but a good gwf will have the difficulty turned up to 11. Which will in turn drive them to seek out a gwf in the dps slot, increasing gwf popularity and demand, reinforceing the cycle.

I could just teach the cool kids in class, and ignore the others. Would make my life easier sure. Would also breed resentment and bring the entire class averages down and get me fired lol.

Tldr, please invest some time in the other dps classes, and bring them up to a comparitive damage output.

Hi Jonkoca, thanks for sharing your results! That being said, I believe you're taking the wrong conclusion away from the results—we are not necessarily spending more or less time on a class, and a class doing more or less DPS is not indicative of how much time we have spent on them. In fact, some of the classes we have spent the least amount of time on may be higher, because we made a first pass on their damage and overshot the targets.

Right now we're most focused on getting all the classes to feel good in terms of their power choices and rotations. But we will absolutely be focusing on balancing those damage values over the next few weeks.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Right now we're most focused on getting all the classes to feel good in terms of their power choices and rotations. But we will absolutely be focusing on balancing those damage values over the next few weeks.

I'll start with an example; I haven't been playing my GWF on live, its not really a fun class for me. The creation of the Sentinel, a true tank, made me load it so I could check the "feel" of the class vs my Paly. I wanted to know if the class "felt" different in play, and it certainly does. My rotations of Bloodletter, Take Down and Come and Get It or IBS were great fun to play with from 70-80 and overall feel nothing like the OP. I would be happy if the Sentinel's only change was getting threat from Come and Get It and some refinement of its class features to give it a bit more threat generation so that can be buffed in group play.

Now because of the DPS of the Sentinel, at the moment, this also completely misrepresents the spec.

So without the damage being fixed, how do I know that the Sentinel "feels good in terms of their power choices and rotations"?

I mean if next patch the Sentinel is suddenly doing half its damage from this patch and is struggling through content, its not going to feel good.

Basically the problem with "feels good" is that is a pretty subjective thing, and its nearly entirely dependent on the numbers. (Even if the numbers are the infinite Temp HP that many OP players seem to want restored.)

For me Paladin and Sentinel "feel good" and I'm largely happy with the Warlock as well, but the performance of those classes and individual powers in those classes varies wildly and is problematic - especially a lot of the legacy design elements that the Warlock in particular has inherited. But that doesn't mean they don't "feel good" when I play them.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

drumon88 said:

I have to say with the changes in encounter recovery times its more annoying than ever to hit a button and have an encounter fire when it has no target, especially with encounters like Bloodletter and Takedown.

IBS has been bad about this for as long as I've been playing, even when fighting a group of mobs before me it will often simply "miss" everything. Wasn't the end of the world in mod15 due to the comparatively short cooldown and comparatively excellent survivability and comparatively excellent other sources of damage, but for what equates to HALF of all damage done in a fight simply whiffing for no apparent reason coupled with a huge cooldown, it feels pretty bad and runs a very real risk of getting you killed in a lot of places right now due to the "you have 8 seconds to kill them or they will kill you" thing they have going.
    I've considered making some changes to these powers so that they actually require a valid target. That wouldn't prevent them from being legitimately dodged such as in PvP, but you'd no longer be able to swing them at nothing. How would people prefer if their powers were to change in that way?
    Is the potential problem that multiple targets in front of the attacker confuse the targeting mechanic and instead of picking a valid target(s), the targeting mechanic fails to target any? Would a viable alternative be to "widen" the window of what the system considers valid targets (I apologize for the non-technical term "widen") on an IBS attack to recognize anything in front of the barbarian as valid targets? If there's no problem with the targeting mechanic, I see being unable to use the attack until a valid target is available as a positive change. If the change is made to require a valid target for an IBS attack, another thought on sequencing would be that the damage would need to be applied to the valid target(s) by the IBS attack before a mechanic like sprinting would remove the valid target status. Again, I apologize for lacking the proper technical vocabulary but hope my comments are still understandable.
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It seemed to me, from the barbarian-Blademaster a big problem with survivability in dungeons.
    The speed of movement has become low, which is very difficult to run out of the AOE. Immunity to control in Sprint(Shift) and Battlerage(Tab) does not work. Because of this, it is impossible to avoid enemy attacks. This aggravates the removal of temporary hit points.
    Barbarian is a melee warrior and it should be at melee zone.
    I think that the barbarian needs to return temporary hit points and immunity to control, as well as increase the speed of running.
    And, I hope, about the problems with damage to know.
  • themule#2469 themule Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    hoverist said:

It seemed to me, from the barbarian-Blademaster a big problem with survivability in dungeons.
    The speed of movement has become low, which is very difficult to run out of the AOE. Immunity to control in Sprint(Shift) and Battlerage(Tab) does not work. Because of this, it is impossible to avoid enemy attacks. This aggravates the removal of temporary hit points.
    Barbarian is a melee warrior and it should be at melee zone.
    I think that the barbarian needs to return temporary hit points and immunity to control, as well as increase the speed of running.
    And, I hope, about the problems with damage to know.

I agree on this. New powers look cool and do nice damage, but something feels off. Our class should be a melee cqc "in your face" type of warrior. We used to charge into battle ruthlessly, and deliver almost constant damage, moving to a different group of enemies as soon as we got rid of the previous one. Now, we kinda have to wait for powers to recharge. The flow is different. Also there seems to be a tendency of making our powers ranged and kind of more magical (like axes appearing out of nowhere and hitting quite far away).

In Omu, on the test server, I was able to dispose of gorillas faster than on live, in one big burst of damage, but then I had to wait before attacking the next group. Also it seems we are kinda squisher and we have to avoid most red areas now.

• davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm sorry but I'm disappointed, this new feats are even worse than last week ones, just... give us the old feat system back, no one were complaining about that and it was just so much better, why would we want feats for weak skills that no one uses? a feat that stuns us is a bad idea, where is my destroyer and destroyer master? since you nerfed at will damage Unstoppable is a pointless class mechanic, especially since you made the additional hp just for the tank path.
    You guys are clearly missing the point on why we play our classes, and this not exclusive to GWF.
    If this changes go to live... there's just no choice, its not fun anymore, so I don't have why to keep playing. :'(
  • bigbosstime#4850 bigbosstime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    ya i dont understand its like you guys were 20 steps behind last fridays patch u moved 2 steps forward and todays patch is 15 steps backwards. These Feats are terrible, there for encounters powers that most gwfs arent even going to use... like what are we doing here im trying to stay positive and keep waiting for patches but i feel like you guys are asking for information and help and you guys are just doing whatever you want anyway.. i mean i understand its your game you guys built it, but we actually play it some of the changes im ok with companions great idea, 5 areas great idea where you guys are failing is everything else. Your trying to Rebuild the whole game basically and its not working, im sorry when do we say ok this isnt working the way we want it to would it be possible to run mod 16 using mod 15 character sheets builds enchants just give us the new area and just increasing difficulty of new area. i mean we tried it your way and you guys dont have the manpower you need to try and accomplish the gigantic task at hand.. So my question to you is can we admit this is a flop keep the area campaign and just use old build character specs from mod 15 and prior. and try this again maybe in the future because this is gonna hurt you guys more then its going to help you... i love this game i have put $9,000 dollars into it i enjoyed it enough to spend a ton of money but you seem more into destroying your game then helping it at this point i almost feel pulling the plug on neverwinter would be better then releasing mod 16 in any capacity that it is in now.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Second feat lower choice "Bloodspiller" refers to the ability Bloodspiller ("Increase the magnitude of Bloodspiller by 900 and causes Bloodspiller to deal damage to you"). No such power. I assume it is supposed to refer to Bloodletter.

Bloodletter's tooltipe does not update its listed magnitude when choosing this feat, although the damage increase is readily apparent in combat.

So we lose even more survivability by giving up our only self-heal AND dealing damage to ourselves to gain the only attack with a significant magnitude? The first choice in the feats (Relentless Speed vs. Mightier Leap) is pretty pointless as neither of these abilities will see any use once Hidden Daggers becomes unlocked. Not a fan of this change to the feats.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    As a sentinel, 8 of my feats are tied to encounter/daily/at-will powers, which basically neuters my ability to change my skills in my build. For every feat I take tied to a skill, I'm basically forcing myself to use that skill. Not good. Additionally most of the feats are seriously underwhelming. Under Blademaster, it wasn't as bad, but I still found most of the feats a waste of space. It's bad when you on want 2-3 feats out of 10.

Also after the changes, the pace of play is even slower. I'm standing around between mobs waiting for my powers to recharge, since my at-wills are basically worthless for dps.

Bounding Smash, say what. It's not on my power list for either BladeMaster or Sentinel.
  • klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    BladeMaster Feats

The forth row feats is very cool, But Unstoppable Spin feat need to include Adamantine Strike(with added mag).
    The third row feats, replace Brutal Critical feat with Offensive Recovery(with is the last row feat of the last built, and is properly one of the most interesting feat).
    The second row feats are ok.
    The last row feats, the stun from Escalating Rage feat need to be gone and the penalty from Relentless battle rage need to be gone.
    The first row feats i don't know.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Wrong post