test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deck a few things and getting cards

akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
Are the dev team really serious with this HAMSTER? you need to get 500 cards to fully use this new artifact yet they do not always drop. I have been lucky and got 8 cards out of 44 runs. even with what sounds like an above average drop rate that means that i would need another 2750 runs to get this. We have been complaining for who knows how long about how grindy these events are becoming and you go ahead and introduce this ridiculous grind. What the hell are the devs smoking?

Comments

• silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    I would be fine with it if a card at least dropped once a run but you've been lucky with that drop rate. however whats worse is even if the cache drops you still might not get the card. I think it was put in just to tease most people since they will never be able to get even one card much less all 5.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    yeah this is nuts. I'm good with grinding but not 3000 runs of respen's game. Almost feels like this went live without a final pass for SANITY. Sad, I really wanted something to do, as everyone seems to be on vacation until Mod 16. Thanks for the zen sale though Cryptic!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I've decided to not fill the artifact >.> It's sour anyways.
    FrozenFire
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I believe this to be either a bug or a card should drop in large quantities, because there is no way in hell that anyone will run 5000 hours approx to get an artifact fully upgraded over the course of playing around 125hours and 150hours of PURE grind in runs that take no more than a couple of minutes.

I think that 10 cards is more than sufficient per one upgrade of the Artifact.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Have you got the artifact? Is it from the chest?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @kozi001 to answer your question.....yes, in the end treasure chest, eventually a treasure "cache" box will be in your inventory, on the only 2 characters I ran this, I got the pet, the artifact and 1 card, one of my characters got a 2nd "cache" and it had 1 card in it, but it took 12 runs to get 1 "cache"
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I've gotten two cards and I don't even know how many runs. I've given up on it, like on most of the event-related junk lately. Not to be mean here, but I think they've spent so much effort on m16 that they basically put their JV team on events, and it's really shown. They'd be better off not making any changes at all to existing events until they're able to focus on them long enough and with enough expertise, not to screw it up.

As an analogy, I coach a U-13 lacrosse team. I have a few players that are top quality, a large body of players that are adequate but need work and could potentially be great players, and a few players that just suck and simply will never improve much (we call these the "scrubs" - the scrub team, the ones that scrub the locker room, etc). The scrubs don't see much playing time in games that are very competitive, and instead see most of their playtime in practices, in scrimmages, and in games that are against teams we are dominating otherwise.

These events are clearly scrimmages rather than real games to Cryptic, and either they're not taking them seriously or they're putting their scrubs in. Not sure which, but again - this is prime time, not a beta game (yes, I know.. ha ha). Don't release event changes if they're not done right.... just don't. It's bad for the game!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Are the cards available via the Zen Market?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @callumf#9018 you can get them from the event vendor on the dais in PE
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    to specify you can buy the artifact cards from the vendor, but they each cost 100 crumpled cards which are only available from the "treasure cache". problem is these caches only drop at a low rate. in all you need 500 crumpled cards to max the effectiveness of the artifact.

I realize that this is a 4 week event but its still ridiculous that they want us to run it this many times. I ran a small amount yesterday and still on pace to need another 2750 runs to get all the crumpled cards (10/50) and judging by others I am a lucky one.
  • jazmnjazmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I've run on average 5 to 10 runs a day since the event started and have not found the artifact, a card, or the vanity pet. This was a very bad idea the way they did it. Please, please change the drop rate 10% is ridiculous for sanity sake if we need 500 crumpled cards it should be like 1 in 5.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    jazmn said:

I've run on average 5 to 10 runs a day since the event started and have not found the artifact, a card, or the vanity pet. This was a very bad idea the way they did it. Please, please change the drop rate 10% is ridiculous for sanity sake if we need 500 crumpled cards it should be like 1 in 5.

Or rather 5 in 1... Even 100 times is quite a grind... You want 2500? O.o
    FrozenFire
    It is a free to play game.

It is a free artifact [I have no idea what it is or what it does and no interest in finding out]

You want the artifact? Do the grind

No one is forcing you :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Except that there is "grind" and there is "ridiculous grind". This artifact is of the latter category.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2019

It is a free artifact [I have no idea what it is or what it does and no interest in finding out]

Could you not type/write things like this anymore?

"Nobody's forcing you to run 5000 runs". Ha!

Dude, everything is "free" in a FTP MMO, that's beyond the point. The point is that it is ludicrous to even think, for one moment, that someone will run 5000 runs to upgrade an optional artifact.

This was clearly an overlook of some sort as cards do not drop regularly, they have a RNG to them and it is not making any logic to collect them to that amount in order to upgrade an artifact's bonus value.

It defeats its purpose to start with. That's the point. Why give us something if you know that we won't get it unless we really, really, really grind 10 hours a day for 20+ days? Who does that with their life? How is that healthy?

So, don't try to support this in any way, shape or form. It's not working.

I wouldn't call this a ridiculous grind, I would call this insane in the membrane grind. I refuse to think that this is WAI. It must be a decimal mistake somewhere or an extra "0" somewhere written.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Could you not type/write things like this anymore?

"Nobody's forcing you to run 5000 runs". Ha!

Dude, everything is "free" in a FTP MMO, that's beyond the point. The point is that it is ludicrous to even think, for one moment, that someone will run 5000 runs to upgrade an optional artifact.

This was clearly an overlook of some sort as cards do not drop regularly, they have a RNG to them and it is not making any logic to collect them to that amount in order to upgrade an artifact's bonus value.

It defeats its purpose to start with. That's the point. Why give us something if you know that we won't get it unless we really, really, really grind 10 hours a day for 20+ days? Who does that with their life? How is that healthy?

So, don't try to support this in any way, shape or form. It's not working.

I wouldn't call this a ridiculous grind, I would call this insane in the membrane grind. I refuse to think that this is WAI. It must be a decimal mistake somewhere or an extra "0" somewhere written.
    I was being a bit deliberately contentious and poking the nest slightly.

Of course its a Ridiculous grind, way beyond anything even remotely reasonable, but its what I have come to expect of event and even all content over the last year or so. Everything decent/BiS is now closed off behind;

insane grind walls,
    content which is virtually impossible to complete/run without a great guild

I think the events suck, generally, but my point being that any event is better than none at all.
    your right it is an insane grind wall. at my current rate I still need 2750 runs over the next 22 days. Do they really expect me to run Respen's game 125 times each day to get this? its worse when you look at the rates of others who are expecting 5000 runs total. that would be 178.57 runs per day (5000/28). Can we possible get a Dev to answer if this is intended. at 5 minutes per run (yes i know it can be run faster) that is still almost 15 hours a day of respens.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I saw this artifact too. What is it even doing?
    Taking up space in my GF's bags.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    hence.. why I spent all of 30 seconds looking at it.. and dumping the thought.

Frankly, this IDEA of running hundreds (in this case) thousands of runs in limited time events is ridicolous. I cant barely stand to do 5 min ctas 30 times a event.. let alone this HAMSTER.

On another hindsight note.. even thought there are things that I dont love about mod 16.. if I quit again , its most likely to be due to this grind wall arangments.. doing things this many times is ludicrous..

but they dont listen anyways.. so who are we to complain.. and Im sure some great player will get on here and tell us about some koreon mmo that is way worst (which again I dont give two brass farthings about please.. I play this game.. )

I think when I look at my reasons for quiting for the first time for over a year.. it stems to the ludicrous nature of mod 10.. its just boring grind that makes me want to quit.. more then anything else they do.

LIMITED time events shouldnt have such staggering amount of grinding. Even into the hundreds IS ludicrous tbh..

50 wouldve been fine.. or how about ten per each item..
    there that wouldve been fine to.

I dont know why I bother giving feedback about this stuff.. though, they really dont listen to it, they set a figure and that figure stays no matter what it seems.

But all they really do, is for the most part, is make most of us forget about ever doing it.. with how boring it is to do that many runs..

Even if the event itself wasnt so boring.. most of us have already seen it all, MAKING you run events that many time, SURE the heck makes you want to HATE them with as much passion as Tomb and POM and Vault skirms (gawd those awful awful skirms)

• silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    I went over to preview to try it out. Took it up to mythic, now i don't have any cards in those may change what its doing and yes i did post it on preview forum. Right now in mod 16 it throws mobs maybe 10 feet back and does 1472 damage. All other artifacts seem to be over powered where this one is WAY under powered. So to me unless they fix it, it's not even worth having and grinding for.( At mythic with a blank card it says it does a little over 10k damage.)
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @callumf#9018 said:
    > It is a free to play game.
    >
    > It is a free artifact [I have no idea what it is or what it does and no interest in finding out]
    >
    > You want the artifact? Do the grind
    >
    > No one is forcing you :)

Lol...yeah ok Cal. There’s grinding and then there’s stupidity. This is the latter...

The drop rate is FUBAR...more stupid astronomical RNG...
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    The more relevant issue here is, why is Cryptic even doing this sort of thing in events to begin with? They don't run events because the nature of MMOs forces them to.

They run events to increase player metrics/participation.
    They run events to increase player amusement/entertainment/engagement with the game.
    They run events so that players who are bored running the regular, already grindy content, have a break so they don't burn out.

At least, these are rational reasons for devs to run events.

What Cryptic actually does:
    They run events showing they're not very good at new programming.
    They run events showing that the regular grind isn't so bad because hey look, the event grind is 10x worse!
    They run events to convince people to spend money/character slots to participate, but then they randomly turn off the ability to earn those rewards, or they end the event early without notice.
    They run events to show you some nifty new stuff you can grind for; but then they don't bother putting in the set info on the new stuff, or they make it nearly impossible to get, or they release a new mod right after which completely invalidates the use of the nifty new stuff.

So why does Cryptic do events this way? Apparently because they like to look bad in front of their player base.

Please note: I've played Cryptic games for a long time, and I've supported them with time, money and referrals, and I *still* feel that overall their games are pretty good, with a very good F2P model (perhaps the best I've seen out there), *and* they do a pretty good job with their cash shop and sales overall. So in essence, Cryptic - good games, good F2P, good cash shop, but lately they've really, really been leaving me scratching my head wondering wth they are doing over there.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Also, Respens Game is a recurring event.
    edited March 2019
    It must be that either
    a.) they are bathamster crazy
    b.) they intended it to be 10/upgrade for 50 total not 500 <----- Fixed for 25 total, a deal!!! :)
    c.) they intended there to be 2 ways to UG this artifact, one via 100 cards per, the other via using actual artifacts (now this is actually a great idea- a way to use old useless artifacts-- it's pretty obvious which ones it would be if this was the intent and they just didn't implement it).

Are any devs reading this thread? Your stuff, it is broken!
    Post edited by andorrabell on
    yay I am glad they listened to reason on this one and reduced the grind. at a 10% chance to drop that would only require 250 runs or 9 runs per day for the event which is entirely more reasonable.
    Thank you for fixing this devs.
    Now please fix Masterwork turn ins.