test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prep for mod 16

2»

Comments

• mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I dropped my life still severity to 113% from 213% kinda a big difference , especially getn mob hit by batiri in MPF. It’s gonna take a bit getting used to when lifesteal is out. Potions and forest ghost.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Now that we have more idea of what's happening it seems that mod 16 prep has dumbed down to grind lots of AD, and refining points.

A collection of pets seems to be necessary, but the bonuses they give are overlapped with many other pets so there don't seem to be any that are absolutely critical. And since we don't, or at least I don't, know really what some of the new stats do...

Mount wise, with lifesteal gone, getting some mounts with heals on insignia bonuses would be wise.

Unless they change the exchange system, worrying about your enchants seems to be a waste of neurones, as you'll be able to switch them for the ones you want - and again, with the huge amount of stats flying around on gear, their importance is diminished anyway.

No idea what my toon is now.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    First thing to do I think is to make sure you have 3 companion-only items so you don't end up naked.

Then get a neck item with AP gain (any that currently doesn't give ability scores), and maybe a mount with AP gain too.
    I’ve been thinning out my life steal , building my deflection, defense and hitpoints , my companion gear is only power/crit related so hopefully that’s safe. These are my stats and stuff before bonding I’m starting my ravenloft campaign so I still need to build more crit and other items regardless. If anyone has any suggestions on changing anything (except anything to do with movement) I welcome the advice.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1746/NlqtNC.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/2460/drFSUe.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/7278/30K1c2.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/5931/zl2krv.jpg
    I’ve got one more lifesteal enchant left to replace on my character gear, based on my stats above would you guys recommend a defense, a deflect, a hp, or some type of multi stat enchantment?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    You understand that mod 16 won't be released on the live before another 3 months at the very least, probably more like 6, yes?
    edited March 2019
    > @artifleur said:
    > You understand that mod 16 won't be released on the live before another 3 months at the very least, probably more like 6, yes?
    Yes I just wanna get used to not having as much lifesteal so when 16 hits I’m a little prepped for the change and Mostly cause I have ignored defense, Hp and deflect up to this point and was basically relying solely on lifesteal to keep me alive. I’ll still have my lifesteal boons and what paragons I have, but as for my character and companion I’m doing away with the ls enchantments,I’ve even idled my bear cub (which I loved for the ls bonus)for a Chultan tiger.

@rjc9000 stated earlier it’s kinda useless to stack defense/deflect (currently-25% / 21%) on a hunter ranger. So my best geuss would be I should go for hitpoint enchantment unless anyone can recommend another stat /enchant in a defense slot.
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
    edited March 2019
    Well I brought my Hp and deflect up, and raised my defense a bit to -30 from -25, I have no issues surviving chult, hoc solo or advanced que, so that’s a plus, I’m still about 1000il (just hitting 15k)to low to be successful in T9G, but I hang on longer than I did before. I just have to watch my position and dodges and have to hit a healing stone every few minutes to stay alive. I’m not missing lifesteal as much, (still got 8%ls) it won’t be to bad I think. I’ve hit a bit of a wall though I went through about 80 wards on 3 enchants and have not hit a lick yet, so I’m going back to tha AD grind this week and just try to save for some coalescent wards.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    > @mikewho#5331 said:
    > Well I brought my Hp and deflect up, and raised my defense a bit to -30 from -25, I have no issues surviving chult, hoc solo or advanced que, so that’s a plus, I’m still about 1000il (just hitting 15k)to low to be successful in T9G, but I hang on longer than I did before. I just have to watch my position and dodges and have to hit a healing stone every few minutes to stay alive. I’m not missing lifesteal as much, (still got 8%ls) it won’t be to bad I think. I’ve hit a bit of a wall though I went through about 80 wards on 3 enchants and have not hit a lick yet, so I’m going back to tha AD grind this week and just try to save for some coalescent wards.

I hate to break it to you, but you lose a lot of encounter, feats and boons, and encounters are changed. Sorry but what you are doing right now wont help you really. Just go and try it out in the preview server.
    edited March 2019
    > @durugudesu said:
    > > @mikewho#5331 said:
    > > Well I brought my Hp and deflect up, and raised my defense a bit to -30 from -25, I have no issues surviving chult, hoc solo or advanced que, so that’s a plus, I’m still about 1000il (just hitting 15k)to low to be successful in T9G, but I hang on longer than I did before. I just have to watch my position and dodges and have to hit a healing stone every few minutes to stay alive. I’m not missing lifesteal as much, (still got 8%ls) it won’t be to bad I think. I’ve hit a bit of a wall though I went through about 80 wards on 3 enchants and have not hit a lick yet, so I’m going back to tha AD grind this week and just try to save for some coalescent wards.
    >
    > I hate to break it to you, but you lose a lot of encounter, feats and boons, and encounters are changed. Sorry but what you are doing right now wont help you really. Just go and try it out in the preview server.

Nooooooo, not encounters!? Noooooooooo!
    I’m on ps4 it won’t hit me for a while. But is there a trade out for things or do I have to start over with the missing items?

Edit
    I went to the pc thread and read up on some of the test server post, I see what your saying.
    Ultimately all the changes I made were to get used to playing without lifesteal.
    Question
    The old content will it still be playable? I just started last October and I’m only halfway through chult as of right now.
    Too early to say right now. Hr seems to be having a crisis as usual.

I think the best prep atm. would be to spend zero real money for the forseeable, until we confirm that the HR class is in good shape post-mod16.
    Well, my prep for 16 is over.

U.vorp, check.
    T.elven for pvp possibly, or exchange, check.
    Perf.soul to exchange for bloodtheft, check.
    Whole bunch of extra companions, check.
    +5 companion gear x3 just in case loyal avenger turns out to be crappy, check.
    Whole bunch of insignia for refining, check.
    RP for stuff, check.

I think for the rest of mod 15 I'm just going to farm AD tbh.
    edited March 2019
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Well, my prep for 16 is over.
    >
    > U.vorp, check.
    > T.elven for pvp possibly, or exchange, check.
    > Perf.soul to exchange for bloodtheft, check.
    > Whole bunch of extra companions, check.
    > +5 companion gear x3 just in case loyal avenger turns out to be crappy, check.
    > Whole bunch of insignia for refining, check.
    > RP for stuff, check.
    >
    > I think for the rest of mod 15 I'm just going to farm AD tbh.

So vorpal is gonna make it through the change, ?cause that’s my weopon enchantment too
    I guess I need to figure out what I’m gonna do too with my razorwood as far as replacing his primal rings.

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to keep building my character like mod 16 isn’t coming cause I’m not strong enough to survive t9g or CR
    Oh Dear I hope my companions are viable through The change cause I’ve got 3 legendary (razorwood/air&fire archon)and 2 epics( chult tiger/erinyes). I worked so hard to get them to this point I think I’m gonna be sick.🤢
    edited March 2019
    Razorwood will still be good, archons not so much. Though with the new pet system, orange pets will always be useful to bolster your summoned pet's stats. So it's all good. Vorpal seems to be the best dps choice atm. unless it gets changed. Pick up a bloodtheft armor enchant too, if they're cheap still.
    edited March 2019
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Razorwood will still be good, archons not so much. Though with the new pet system, orange pets will always be useful to bolster your summoned pet's stats. So it's all good. Vorpal seems to be the best dps choice atm. unless it gets changed. Pick up a bloodtheft armor enchant too, if they're cheap still.

Thankyou Jon I’m a little more at peace now lol, Has anyone heard anything about elimination of elven battle enchantment
    I hope not, since I have a T. Elven myself. As far as I know, it's unchanged.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    From my testing over on preview. The solo leveling process was a joke for a well geared HR. If you are a lower ilvl HR then you may hate your life since mobs do hit on the hard side. As long as you keep moving then you will be fine. If you are used to face tanking packs over here in the current version of live then,.. well that is over and you will get steamrolled.

IMO The best enchants for solo leveling are Prominence and Barkshield. As far as weapon enchants go I tested out Prominence, Vorpal, Fey, Lightning and Dread. Armor enchants I tested out Barkshield, Negation, Elven, Shadowclad and soulforged. The shield provided by Prom was awesome when paired with Bark I took literally no damage. I did not have to start using healing pots until I got to Vanrakdoom. Most of the time that was due to fighting 2 full packs at once since our companions are super slow and most times pulls additional packs :)

If you are one of those people whom like to speed level then stack some Azures (rank 15 = 30% each) in your utility spots and take the guild xp boon and get upto 180% more xp and you can literally grind out 80 in under 2 hours.

If you have not played the Preview yet and are waiting for it to go live. I would reccomend checking out a Rainers channel over on Youtube. He has done some excellent videos on the Companion and Insignia systems
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
    > @dragonsbane3 said:
    > From my testing over on preview. The solo leveling process was a joke for a well geared HR. If you are a lower ilvl HR then you may hate your life since mobs do hit on the hard side. As long as you keep moving then you will be fine. If you are used to face tanking packs over here in the current version of live then,.. well that is over and you will get steamrolled.
    >
    > IMO The best enchants for solo leveling are Prominence and Barkshield. As far as weapon enchants go I tested out Prominence, Vorpal, Fey, Lightning and Dread. Armor enchants I tested out Barkshield, Negation, Elven, Shadowclad and soulforged. The shield provided by Prom was awesome when paired with Bark I took literally no damage. I did not have to start using healing pots until I got to Vanrakdoom. Most of the time that was due to fighting 2 full packs at once since our companions are super slow and most times pulls additional packs :)
    >
    > If you are one of those people whom like to speed level then stack some Azures (rank 15 = 30% each) in your utility spots and take the guild xp boon and get upto 180% more xp and you can literally grind out 80 in under 2 hours.
    >
    > If you have not played the Preview yet and are waiting for it to go live. I would reccomend checking out a Rainers channel over on Youtube. He has done some excellent videos on the Companion and Insignia systems

Good info man thnx I’m going to the Chanel now