test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL M16: Rewards

Undermountain Rewards

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:

ALL THE NEW M16 REWARDS!

Seriously, there's a lot here, y'all! So please send any and all feedback you have! Here are some of the major things that you'll see thoughout M16 Undermountain!
  • New leveling gear
  • 5 new Artifact Equipment Sets
  • 4 new Artifact Weapon Sets
  • Rare Equipment rewards
  • Two New Seals and an updated Seal store!
  • And so much more!
Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in Undermountain!

Things to note:

• Green and Blue leveling gear binding status has been changed and will be in the upcoming patches.
  • We are looking the transmute issues with all the new gear!
  • All new level 80 gear and artifacts will be added to the Preview store in the Wonderous Bazaar, expect to see them in the upcoming patches!
----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: None of the new gear can be transmuted by old gear.

Feedback: I don't like the binding on the new green and blue leveling gear. I can't sell them nor give them to my other characters.

Comments

• robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Is there an actual list of new stuff or are you looking for bugs on what people have found? ty
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • maxsi100maxsi100 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Minor Bug: The Scaladar which spawns from the Artifact Trobriand's Ring takes too long to despawn
    See this video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tiQd7xL7SG4 (I think it despawns just as the DoT Effect ends?)
  • vasdrakkenvasdrakken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Feedback: The plaugefire enchantment, on the preview server is clearly being tweaked yet it still is far less cool looking that the version on the live server.

The new enchantment visual is a particle effect yet the glowing blade that has the flames glowing inside the blade looks cooler.
    Go forth and live today as if it were yer last. For the Gods are Fickle.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    There is something seriously messed up with the "two new seals"

The seal vendor in the Yawning portal has two tabs, "Mountain" and "Deep", which I assume are supposed to correspond to the two new seal types.

Now, I can earn Seals of the Mountain, no problem...I have not yet gotten any Seal of the Deep, but I would guess they only drop from the new dungeon, which is fine.

However, I cannot spend my "Mountain" seals. The items in the "Mountain" tab use Seals of the Crown. I guess those are supposed to be Seals of the Mountain. Stranger still, there is the ability to convert Seals of the Brave to Seals of the Crown. That just looks wrong. Is it supposed to offer the ability to convert Seals of the Brave (or Seals of the Crown) to Seals of the Mountain?

In addition, if you look at the popup for Seals of the Mountain, it refers to Seals of the Plunderer. That looks like an obsolete, earlier name that someone forgot to change.

Finally, in the other tab - if you look at the popup for Seals of the Deep, it refers to Seals of the Mountain.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited March 2019
    The Protégé armor section is a bit confusing. The description on the collection says they can be bought from the seal vendor for Seals of the Deep, but if you check out the vendor, it only offers a subset of the items ... for example, it does not offer the pants/shirts.

Either the vendor or the description in the collection needs fixing.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    edited March 2019

The Trade bar store needs a bit of work

First, it uses the "old" class names:

Second, the Description for the Armor of the Dungeon Raider says it is available in the Trade bar store, but it is not. All that is available is the Mountaineer weapon set

Third, "Sceptor" ??? The only "Sceptor" I am aware of is some experimental aircraft. Don't yopu mean "Scepter" (or "Sceptre" in proper English)
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    1 - the Mirror-Plated Belt item name changes to Wyvern Skin belt during upgrading (I believe it changed at Epic, I didn't notice the Rare item name before I upgraded it)
    2 - I think the item icons for Mirror-Plated Belt and Blooming Cord belt were mixed up.

3 - It seems kinda pointless to me to include Torbriand's Ring and Arcturia's Music Box as 150 IL artifacts with their sets while Staff of Flowers, Erratic Drift Orb, and Wyvern Venom-coated Knives are 300 IL artifacts. The higher IL artifacts have double the stats of the other two artifacts, which render Torbriand's and Arcturia's artifact sets less useful right on release. And the ability scores on the belts of the lesser two artifact sets are not going to recoup that loss of stats.
    4 - There are 2 "+2 STR and +2 DEX" sets currently, and none of the sets boosting CHA. Could we get a little more variety in the sets? (the selfish warlock me would love a INT/CHA set, or INT/DEX set, but I'll get by with whatever)

Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
    Lair of the Mad Mage says it gives Seal of the Crown....should be "Deep"

• sprat140#9415 sprat140 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Looking at the artifact sets I really like how there is runes of aggression, cooperation, and fortification for the three types of roles in the game. However looking at some of stats confused me why certain stats were selected. The dps style sets made sense having STR, DEX, and CON to give the physical damage classes some love, but the magical wielders got shafted a bit with the 2 INT and 2 WIS set. I think the trobriands conduction cable should be INT and CHA so magic dps classes have an option with a good artifact.

Historically, this has been the issue with demo set and other dps sets giving CON STR DEX which focused on the physical dps classes. This is fine but I think a magical dps set should be available for those classes. A set should pair INT with something more worthwhile that WIS.

A deeper issue I see in the rebalance of character stats is the value of wisdom. The staff of flowers artifact set gets shafted because of the 5 wisdom on the belt. Wisdom give incoming healing and control resist and is supposed to be a support set. Wisdom needs to be adjusted so the attribute itself isnt worthless. Change AP from CON with control resist or incoming healing. it just doesn't make sense for DC an OP (more of an issue on DC) having a large amount of WIS when it outgoing healing and control resist, which are both of little worth to a DC. Maybe even consider changing companion stat bonus with one of the wisdom traits.

I appreciate that fact that there are so many sets, I am grateful for the time to make that happen including some pretty cool artifact animations. I just think the sets could be a little more in balance with what the classes are trying to accomplish. Balancing classes includes balancing equipment sets. Maybe WIS isnt as poor as I am looking at right now, I just think it will be easy to make good set bonuses if all the attributes are on a level playing field. Curious what DEVs/Others think.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The Soiled Trousers of the Lonely received when you complete the Twisted Caverns level have no gem slot, making them automatically worse than the Lost trousers also received in the same zone.

Gambler's Assault Ring given as a quest reward for the 2nd phase of Wyllowwood has no enchant slots at all.
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ctatumdev#6113 ctatumdev Member Posts: 34 Cryptic Developer
    robtn said:

Is there an actual list of new stuff or are you looking for bugs on what people have found? ty

Unfortunately, there's just SO much new stuff, we don't have an official list. Though, once the Bazaar Preview store gets updated, there will be a list of all the new end-game gear there. We are looking for any and all bugs that people find. Thanks!
    maxsi100 said:

Minor Bug: The Scaladar which spawns from the Artifact Trobriand's Ring takes too long to despawn

I'll look into it! Thanks for the video, it really helps!
    adinosii said:

There is something seriously messed up with the "two new seals"

Definitely looks like we got a little more polish to do here! I'll start looking into fixing these up -

Update the costs to use the new seals!
    Remove the obsolete reward gate on Seals of the Mountain.
    Add the correct gate to Seals of the Deep.

And yes, the Seals of the Deep drops only in the dungeon!
    adinosii said:

The Protégé armor section is a bit confusing. The description on the collection says they can be bought from the seal vendor for Seals of the Deep, but if you check out the vendor, it only offers a subset of the items ... for example, it does not offer the pants/shirts.
    Either the vendor or the description in the collection needs fixing.

Oh, thank you for the catch! I'll make sure to get the undergear in the store!
    adinosii said:

The Trade bar store needs a bit of work

First, it uses the "old" class names:

Second, the Description for the Armor of the Dungeon Raider says it is available in the Trade bar store, but it is not. All that is available is the Mountaineer weapon set

Third, "Sceptor" ??? The only "Sceptor" I am aware of is some experimental aircraft. Don't yopu mean "Scepter" (or "Sceptre" in proper English)

We are doing a polish pass on the stores right now! Names are being updated.
    We moved the Dungeon Raider gear around, I'll update the collections!
    And thanks for the scepter spelling error!

1 - the Mirror-Plated Belt item name changes to Wyvern Skin belt during upgrading (I believe it changed at Epic, I didn't notice the Rare item name before I upgraded it)
    2 - I think the item icons for Mirror-Plated Belt and Blooming Cord belt were mixed up.

3 - It seems kinda pointless to me to include Torbriand's Ring and Arcturia's Music Box as 150 IL artifacts with their sets while Staff of Flowers, Erratic Drift Orb, and Wyvern Venom-coated Knives are 300 IL artifacts. The higher IL artifacts have double the stats of the other two artifacts, which render Torbriand's and Arcturia's artifact sets less useful right on release. And the ability scores on the belts of the lesser two artifact sets are not going to recoup that loss of stats.
    4 - There are 2 "+2 STR and +2 DEX" sets currently, and none of the sets boosting CHA. Could we get a little more variety in the sets? (the selfish warlock me would love a INT/CHA set, or INT/DEX set, but I'll get by with whatever)

1 and 2. I'll look into these artifact progressions to make sure their names and icons are being correctly used.
    3, 4, and 5 - We recently were changing the item levels around on these, but all five sets are to be the same item level. I'll check into this! As for the stats, I'll be doing a review pass on all five sets to make sure that they are accurately stated for what they are and each one is unique enough to be special! I understand the need for ALL the stats, and want these to feel good for y'all!
    adinosii said:

Lair of the Mad Mage says it gives Seal of the Crown....should be "Deep"

Sweet, thanks for the catch!

Looking at the artifact sets I really like how there is runes of aggression, cooperation, and fortification for the three types of roles in the game. However looking at some of stats confused me why certain stats were selected. The dps style sets made sense having STR, DEX, and CON to give the physical damage classes some love, but the magical wielders got shafted a bit with the 2 INT and 2 WIS set. I think the trobriands conduction cable should be INT and CHA so magic dps classes have an option with a good artifact.

Historically, this has been the issue with demo set and other dps sets giving CON STR DEX which focused on the physical dps classes. This is fine but I think a magical dps set should be available for those classes. A set should pair INT with something more worthwhile that WIS.

A deeper issue I see in the rebalance of character stats is the value of wisdom. The staff of flowers artifact set gets shafted because of the 5 wisdom on the belt. Wisdom give incoming healing and control resist and is supposed to be a support set. Wisdom needs to be adjusted so the attribute itself isnt worthless. Change AP from CON with control resist or incoming healing. it just doesn't make sense for DC an OP (more of an issue on DC) having a large amount of WIS when it outgoing healing and control resist, which are both of little worth to a DC. Maybe even consider changing companion stat bonus with one of the wisdom traits.

I appreciate that fact that there are so many sets, I am grateful for the time to make that happen including some pretty cool artifact animations. I just think the sets could be a little more in balance with what the classes are trying to accomplish. Balancing classes includes balancing equipment sets. Maybe WIS isnt as poor as I am looking at right now, I just think it will be easy to make good set bonuses if all the attributes are on a level playing field. Curious what DEVs/Others think.

I really appreciate you taking the time on this feedback! I totally understand the importance of these artifact stats, and I already had a plan to review all the new artifacts and their stats to try and make sure that all roles and stats represented on these new tiered artifacts. Definitely will take this feedback into consideration when I do my review!!

The Soiled Trousers of the Lonely received when you complete the Twisted Caverns level have no gem slot, making them automatically worse than the Lost trousers also received in the same zone.

Gambler's Assault Ring given as a quest reward for the 2nd phase of Wyllowwood has no enchant slots at all.

Slots! With so much new gear, I'll do a slot pass and try to get all the new gear appropriate slots for what they deserve!

Thanks everybody! Please keep it coming! I'll try to get all these stuff into the next patch!

Feedback: The plaugefire enchantment, on the preview server is clearly being tweaked yet it still is far less cool looking that the version on the live server.

The new enchantment visual is a particle effect yet the glowing blade that has the flames glowing inside the blade looks cooler.

Sorry I missed you!

I'm unsure about what changes we have done with this enchant's fxs, but I'll look into it. If this change is intentional, I'll make sure to pass your feedback onto our fx team!
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I briefly tested the burnished set since it was similar to the old primal bonus that I used. I get the icon of the buff but I did not get the 5% power/defense. If the set power was copy-pasted from the primal set I could have gotten a damage buff but I did not have time to check.

I briefly tested the burnished set since it was similar to the old primal bonus that I used. I get the icon of the buff but I did not get the 5% power/defense. If the set power was copy-pasted from the primal set I could have gotten a damage buff but I did not have time to check.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll take a look and see what's going on!
    edited March 2019

I totally understand the importance of these artifact stats, and I already had a plan to review all the new artifacts and their stats to try and make sure that all roles and stats represented on these new tiered artifacts. Definitely will take this feedback into consideration when I do my review!!

This issue is actually a bit bigger...and there are other sides to it - this is not a gear-only issue, but more of a problem with the primary ability scores in general.

The problem is really the following: (I am using DCs as example as that's my facvourite class)
    1. Our ability to roll initial ability scores was taken away. Each class now gets a preassigned stet of stats, only modified by racial bonuses. This is generally seen as a VERY bad move, and borders on being a dealbreaker for some people.
    2. All primary ability scores now have the same bonuses for all classes. Maybe this simplifies some coding somewhere, but from a D&D perspective this is very bad, and when combined with the previous point the outcome is a disaster, as some classes now get wildly inappropriate stats.
    3. DCs have traditionally had WIS as their primary stat, and CHA/STR as secondary stats. This is fine - in fact, this is exactly how it should be. The problem is that WIS/CHA/STR do not give bonuses that are relevant for clerice. The bonuses we want would be given by INT/CON/CHA, which makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE from a D&D perspective.
    4. So, we are hoping that things will be reverted so that WIS gives a bonus that is relevant to Clerics, and if that is done, the pre-assigned stats are actually decent.
    5. If that does not happen, and we are stuck with inappropriate stats, it makes no sense to have any gear that gives +WIS. Clerics would want +INT/+CON gear instead. I really hope it does not come to that. This is.....next to unthinkable for someone like me who has been playing D&D for 30+ years.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I totally understand the importance of these artifact stats, and I already had a plan to review all the new artifacts and their stats to try and make sure that all roles and stats represented on these new tiered artifacts. Definitely will take this feedback into consideration when I do my review!!

This issue is actually a bit bigger...and there are other sides to it - this is not a gear-only issue, but more of a problem with the primary ability scores in general.

The problem is really the following: (I am using DCs as example as that's my facvourite class)
    1. Our ability to roll initial ability scores was taken away. Each class now gets a preassigned stet of stats, only modified by racial bonuses. This is generally seen as a VERY bad move, and borders on being a dealbreaker for some people.
    2. All primary ability scores now have the same bonuses for all classes. Maybe this simplifies some coding somewhere, but from a D&D perspective this is very bad, and when combined with the previous point the outcome is a disaster, as some classes now get wildly inappropriate stats.
    3. DCs have traditionally had WIS as their primary stat, and CHA/STR as secondary stats. This is fine - in fact, this is exactly how it should be. The problem is that WIS/CHA/STR do not give bonuses that are relevant for clerice. The bonuses we want would be given by INT/CON/CHA, which makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE from a D&D perspective.
    4. So, we are hoping that things will be reverted so that WIS gives a bonus that is relevant to Clerics, and if that is done, the pre-assigned stats are actually decent.
    5. If that does not happen, and we are stuck with inappropriate stats, it makes no sense to have any gear that gives +WIS. Clerics would want +INT/+CON gear instead. I really hope it does not come to that. This is.....next to unthinkable for someone like me who has been playing D&D for 30+ years.
    The tl;dr is that there are D&D sacred cows that are okay to slaughter-

-but ability scores sure as heck aren't one of em.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    While I don't have quite the hang up about the stats that some folks do, I do agree about the problems for items the new stat system introduces; Str/Con/Cha and Int/Con/Cha (not always in that order) are pretty much all that matters for characters. Which is fine for me with Con/Cha mains on Live, but not so good for others.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    since you're fixing the rewards throughout the game, is it possible to update the "ardent coins" store, it is 4 1/2 years over due for those of us who have played this game for 5 or more years :)
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2019
    adinosii said:

Just wanted to hop in and mention that wisdom will be updated to increase outgoing healing in this week's build. That said, if you have more general feedback on attributes and ability scores I would post in the thread: Official M16: Stats and Mechanics so that @noworries#8859 can see your feedback and answer your questions.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

adinosii said:

Just wanted to hop in and mention that wisdom will be updated to increase outgoing healing in this week's build. That said, I would advise also posting any general feedback on attributes and ability scores to Official M16: Stats and Mechanics.
    Great for healers. Less great for DPS clerics.

As I'm sure I'm a broken record about at this point, I don't understand why the change was implemented in the first place-doing a patchwork series of fixes like this is pointless when you could just keep the old system. New system doesn't serve any purpose and just makes people mad.

As for posting this in the stats and mechanics part, that's where I'm mentioning that I'm a broken record~
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

adinosii said:

Just wanted to hop in and mention that wisdom will be updated to increase outgoing healing in this week's build. That said, if you have more general feedback on attributes and ability scores I would post in the thread: Official M16: Stats and Mechanics so that @noworries#8859 can see your feedback and answer your questions.
    That's an improvement and really should be done, but I don't think that change alone will encourage players to consider WIS a proper primary stat. Unless content going forward proves to be unexpectedly healing-intensive, most players won't care.

And, of course, Arbiters utterly will not care since they'll want to focus on INT for damage.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Sorry I missed you!

I'm unsure about what changes we have done with this enchant's fxs, but I'll look into it. If this change is intentional, I'll make sure to pass your feedback onto our fx team!
    Sort of tangential but related to Weapon Enchant FX, since its introduction the Dread Enchant has had reduced FX (no bubbles) on only Cleric's weapons. I believe Lesser/Moderate retain them to their appropriate level but Greater onward loses them.

All other classes retain the bubble FX through all levels of the enchant.

Just something to take a glance at if someone is passing over the FX.

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Not sure where exactly to post this feedback, so I'll try here. It's something that's a bit worrying right now with the difficulty bump of older, lower level dungeons due to scaling.

I get that we want to make lower level dungeons more challenging, but if we don't change the rewards at the end, and we make even level 62 dungeons close to as hard as level 80 or difficult level 70 dungeons (FBI and eSoT felt about the same difficulty...both difficult and requiring a full group to do properly), then there's not much point to run anything lower level because the rewards aren't going to be worth the time and effort spent versus something at our current level.

IMO, an option could be we make the chests at the end based on the PC level that ran it. So a level 20 that ran Cragmire Crypts would get some seals of the adventurer, a low level equipment item, and whatever bonus AD the instance had like they do today.

But a level 80 that runs it would get seals of the crown, gear at an appropriate level, and if Cragmire Crypts takes as long to run as FBI now, they should have similar AD rewards. Something like

Base dungeon difficulty at scale (based on estimated time to run it) * player level = reward

We want to make sure players actively want to do the lower level dungeons, especially since the developers are working tirelessly to get the scaling right :)

We also want to make sure there's plenty of people queuing for dungeons of all types so all players can queue and have a chance of getting into a group for a dungeon, whether it's for leveling, or for a specific quest.

Everyone running n/eDemo, Tiamat, CN, and eSot is sub-optimal, and what I assume we're trying to correct for by making lower level dungeons more challenging.

Rewards need to scale to challenge, and should scale based on player level.

If we're being scaled down to a dungeon, then its rewards should scale up to meet us.

:)

About your comment about scale and rewards, I think the Devs thought more of a fit for randoms queues. I can not imagine a 20k DPS running a malabog for another reason.Perhaps new transmutes for weapons or equipment will bring some attraction to run the lower dungeons. I agree with your comment, but I do not believe in an improvement in rewards.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > Not sure where exactly to post this feedback, so I'll try here. It's something that's a bit worrying right now with the difficulty bump of older, lower level dungeons due to scaling.
    >
    > I get that we want to make lower level dungeons more challenging, but if we don't change the rewards at the end, and we make even level 62 dungeons close to as hard as level 80 or difficult level 70 dungeons (FBI and eSoT felt about the same difficulty...both difficult and requiring a full group to do properly), then there's not much point to run anything lower level because the rewards aren't going to be worth the time and effort spent versus something at our current level.
    >
    > IMO, an option could be we make the chests at the end based on the PC level that ran it. So a level 20 that ran Cragmire Crypts would get some seals of the adventurer, a low level equipment item, and whatever bonus AD the instance had like they do today.
    >
    > But a level 80 that runs it would get seals of the crown, gear at an appropriate level, and if Cragmire Crypts takes as long to run as FBI now, they should have similar AD rewards. Something like
    >
    > Base dungeon difficulty at scale (based on estimated time to run it) * player level = reward
    >
    > We want to make sure players actively want to do the lower level dungeons, especially since the developers are working tirelessly to get the scaling right :)
    >
    > We also want to make sure there's plenty of people queuing for dungeons of all types so all players can queue and have a chance of getting into a group for a dungeon, whether it's for leveling, or for a specific quest.
    >
    > Everyone running n/eDemo, Tiamat, CN, and eSot is sub-optimal, and what I assume we're trying to correct for by making lower level dungeons more challenging.
    >
    > Rewards need to scale to challenge, and should scale based on player level.
    >
    > If we're being scaled down to a dungeon, then its rewards should scale up to meet us.
    >
    > :)
    >
    >
    > About your comment about scale and rewards, I think the Devs thought more of a fit for randoms queues. I can not imagine a 20k DPS running a malabog for another reason.Perhaps new transmutes for weapons or equipment will bring some attraction to run the lower dungeons. I agree with your comment, but I do not believe in an improvement in rewards.

This might not be right place for the discussion but will reply anyway. The reward system with leveling is what kills games.

Right now, with random queues the reward of RAD is worth runnimg RIQ and RAQ because as a high toon the time spent to reward ratio is ok.

With auto-scaling if the reward is not worth time spent, people will stop using those queues and find best.reward to time ratio. This will dry up the random queue for lower level toons and cause other problrms as well.

In short if reward isnt worth tome soent, you wont get people to go back and run old content, thereby hurting your new players.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    is it probable that we get gold and silver added to the chests? epic dungeon chests that is. if it already is and I never noticed maybe a raise is in order.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Right now, with random queues the reward of RAD is worth runnimg RIQ and RAQ because as a high toon the time spent to reward ratio is ok.

With auto-scaling if the reward is not worth time spent, people will stop using those queues and find best.reward to time ratio. This will dry up the random queue for lower level toons and cause other problrms as well.

In short if reward isnt worth tome soent, you wont get people to go back and run old content, thereby hurting your new players.

Hi Darkheart! Thanks the feedback, and what you say is absolutely correct.

As you can guess, we introduced the random leveling queue to prevent those queues from being underpopulated, so we will absolutely be making adjustments if we see the leveling queue drying up. Because the leveling queue is still a very reliable way to make AD, we don't believe it will dry up very much, even if it is slowed down a bit.

We do believe that it may no longer be the first and often only random queue some players run, which ultimately we feel is an improvement, we'd like endgame players to run queues that are more appropriate for their level, and provide more of an entertaining challenge first for their daily rewards, and then run the leveling queue if they have time left.

Ultimately, we believe plenty of players still will have time left, enough to keep those queues firing, but again, if not, we'll definitely make the needed adjustments, and quickly.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    In regards to the random leveling dungeon queue, I have to agree.
    I have a level 70 end-game SW.
    I also, don't have a great deal of time most of the week, an hour or an hour and half, most nights.
    After getting done with SH logistics, profession logistics, I run a random leveling (also tied to SH logistics for the shards) and maybe... a random intermediate.

Some nights, I only get to run the leveling dungeon, because its fast, and satisfies two things for me... rAD and shards for my SH.

And, even though I am end-game situated, I do try and stay with the group. I don't try to run ahead and one-shot mobs.
    I stop and wait if need to. And its still faster, in terms of time spent, than running some of the intermediates.
    I know I might be the exception rather than the norm in this case.