What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    vorphied said:

I’d rather they not go down the rabbit hole of trying to restore the Control Bonus % actives that almost no one used. Control isn’t a very viable focus and is very close to being a “false choice.”

I beg to differ. I have a 17k CW that is built expressly for CC and she does well in solo content. Her DPS is low because she's built for control, not DPS. You can't really get both. The problem is that since Mod 6 there hasn't been any content that requires lots of CC, with the exception of Marauders. As such I don't bother taking her to dungeons much nowadays when bosses have HPs in the billions and so DPS is king.

Does she have a MoF loadout as well? Yup, and I use that in dungeons. Everywhere else, she's Spellstorm Oppressor and I enjoy it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

vorphied said:

I’d rather they not go down the rabbit hole of trying to restore the Control Bonus % actives that almost no one used. Control isn’t a very viable focus and is very close to being a “false choice.”

I beg to differ. I have a 17k CW that is built expressly for CC and she does well in solo content. Her DPS is low because she's built for control, not DPS. You can't really get both. The problem is that since Mod 6 there hasn't been any content that requires lots of CC, with the exception of Marauders. As such I don't bother taking her to dungeons much nowadays when bosses have HPs in the billions and so DPS is king.

Does she have a MoF loadout as well? Yup, and I use that in dungeons. Everywhere else, she's Spellstorm Oppressor and I enjoy it.
    The problem is, mobs in group content? Are ~99% immune to control. So it doesn't really matter if you're a 100% controller or a 50% controller or a 1% controller, all of those max out at "so small that nobody can notice" control.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

hustin1 said:

vorphied said:

The problem is, mobs in group content? Are ~99% immune to control. So it doesn't really matter if you're a 100% controller or a 50% controller or a 1% controller, all of those max out at "so small that nobody can notice" control.
    I sort of assumed-without merit-that control immunity was diminished in mod 16.

But, again: that's without merit. Maybe if a dev said "oh yeah BTW we did reduce control resistance because encounter powers are less frequently usable therefore non-epic dungeon mobs don't need to be control immune" then I'd have a leg to stand on, but for now, it's just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    hustin1 said:

vorphied said:

Everyone does well in solo content. It goes even faster if you have less ++control and more ++damage.

Marauders also requires no CC - one spawn point is effortlessly soloable for a highly geared character and very easy for a few medium-geared characters. In M16 this might change for Marauders for all I know, but historically control has been dead from a game mechanics perspective for a long time.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    korina#4294 korina Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Are you guys going to fix the suicide issue with Yojimbo falling off platforms?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Companions are really getting too independent-minded, and I am seeing something like the following far too often:

I stand by a doorway, looking at a group of enemies with my companion next to me. I rush in, engage the enemies, but my companion does not follow me....no - it runs off in a different direction, maybe engaging a group of enemies in the previous room that I had avoided.

This makes my combat harder, and when I am finished, I am still "in combat", as my companion is still busy fighting that other group in a different room - so after combat I have to unsummon and resummon my companion to get it to my side again.

I wonder if the logic goes something like "when my master goes into combat, I locate the nearest enemy and attack (no matter whether that's the same enemy my master is attacking or not)".

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    adinosii said:

Companions are really getting too independent-minded, and I am seeing something like the following far too often:

I stand by a doorway, looking at a group of enemies with my companion next to me. I rush in, engage the enemies, but my companion does not follow me....no - it runs off in a different direction, maybe engaging a group of enemies in the previous room that I had avoided.

This makes my combat harder, and when I am finished, I am still "in combat", as my companion is still busy fighting that other group in a different room - so after combat I have to unsummon and resummon my companion to get it to my side again.

I wonder if the logic goes something like "when my master goes into combat, I locate the nearest enemy and attack (no matter whether that's the same enemy my master is attacking or not)".

Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh, yes, I've seen that. It was driving me batty.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I do wonder why they had to change the companion AI. It wasn't so bad before.

Thank god I can use an augment. I've never been a pokemon kind of guy anyway.
  • Options
    isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Are you guys going to fix the suicide issue with Yojimbo falling off platforms?

In my experience on Preview, Yojimbo is fixed. He no longer has the 60 ft dash thru enemies, his charge up debuff swing is now just a wide swing in front of him (still has the slight charge up that seems to strike before his charge up is complete). So no more dashing through Dragon Turtle or Ras Nsi to fall off platforms.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Companions are unsummoned randomly, for example, companion is periodically lost in basement investigation (possibly falls between textures). All cases when companion is unsummoned as the cases when developers has not written companion algorithm well and these are cases that are out of player control: fall in holes, fall between textures, do not follow boss mechanics and fall of platforms, etc. The player could not anything to prevent these cases. It is suggested that companions will teleport to the player in dead state instead of unsummon. Unsummon currently looks like punishing player for insufficiently advanced algorithms used by developers, as players do have any ability to prevent sudden unsummon of companion (except by summoning augments, which defeats idea of summoning companion).
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I am about mid campaign, just finished 3rd expedition.

I was happy to see companion gear given as a reward for 2 quests so far, I was disappointed that it was the exact same item, ring with Crit resist and combat advantage, in addition to combined rating. I would hope there are an assortment of these items with different stats, like we have in earlier companion gear, and would prefer some variety, or perhaps a bag that you could chose which of several.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    jelara1 said:

I was happy to see companion gear given as a reward for 2 quests so far, I was disappointed that it was the exact same item, ring with Crit resist and combat advantage, in addition to combined rating. I would hope there are an assortment of these items with different stats, like we have in earlier companion gear, and would prefer some variety, or perhaps a bag that you could chose which of several.

Well, you get two decent (blue) companion items near the end of the campaign, with highs stats and a high IL, but only one runestone slot, and somewhat sub-optimal stat (one has Defense and Deflect, which is somewhat pointless for most).

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    adinosii said:

jelara1 said:

Well, you get two decent (blue) companion items near the end of the campaign, with highs stats and a high IL, but only one runestone slot, and somewhat sub-optimal stat (one has Defense and Deflect, which is somewhat pointless for most).

How do things stack up compared to my Loyal Companion gear?
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I am not certain if this is WAI or not, and I kind of hate myself for being honest enough to ask, but Precision. It is currently proccing on ALL enemies around me, and I seem to be getting the benefit of multiproccing in stats as well. It's been quite the lifesaver for me with my collection of super cheap pets to get that huge burst of stats, but just thought I'd ask if that's how it's supposed to be.

Edit: I previously used the wrong name. I intended to ask about Precision, not Con Artist Discipline. Stupid brain.
    Post edited by kythelion#3210 on
  • Options
    theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    When you bind a new companion. The name is copy from the current summoned companion
    It could be the same name of the new companion.
  • Options
    wolfiekahn#3786 wolfiekahn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    teal Companion will wonder off attack mobs in other areas (usually not the highest threat near you), run horrifically slow all the time and can't seem to keep up. I find when i move he runs so slow that i can't engage mobs (specially large groups of them) without having to stop and wait out of the aggro radius for what seems forever for my companion to catch up to me, otherwise i am stuck fighting a swarm of enemies all alone (not totally alone i guess, got my buddy Mr Soul Puppet) but for most case it has left me getting smashed into paste many times, I might as well go apply for job in a giant arcade wack-a-mole as the mole.
  • Options
    trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Have you guys noticed it’s just us posting and no dev is posting? Like are they reading this? Are thy responding to this? Doesn’t seem like that. I get way more interaction in the class forums then this. Heck we don’t even get acknowledged.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Have you guys noticed it’s just us posting and no dev is posting? Like are they reading this? Are thy responding to this? Doesn’t seem like that. I get way more interaction in the class forums then this. Heck we don’t even get acknowledged.

I count 88 Dev posts in the last 48 hours alone and I'm sure I'm missing some...

Just because they aren't in this particular thread as much doesn't mean they are not reading. There seems to be a pretty active Dev presence to me.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Is there a place where we can view a master list of all companions and their new bonuses and possibly how their abilities have changed?

Ex: I was a big fan of the Acolyte of Kelemvor for a niche build I had in the past that revolved around the Lifesteal stat. Given that is no longer a thing I'm wondering what she can do now?

I'm a big collector of Companions and love theory crafting. I'm really excited about these changes to comps and looking forward to the unique builds that come from this.
  • Options
    soarokisoaroki Member Posts: 19 Arc User

• Options
    soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Im a console player i have to lvl from Scratch or hope for help from pc players that transfer stuff for me.
    I cant ask on pc pc live server because i havnt purchased zen.

No i did not read through all i scroll for dev comments.

By lvling having nothing my big question is only beeing able to use comp gear on comp, where do i get ANY pre lvl 70 ig.

In general the comp us pretty much useless till 70 .

I cant test ig 20-69 cuz ques are abysmal
  • Options
    edited March 2019

@asterdahl posts in the dead of night. I mean, I thought **I** was a night owl...
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Im a console player i have to lvl from Scratch or hope for help from pc players that transfer stuff for me.

I cant ask on pc pc live server because i havnt purchased zen.

No i did not read through all i scroll for dev comments.

By lvling having nothing my big question is only beeing able to use comp gear on comp, where do i get ANY pre lvl 70 ig.

In general the comp us pretty much useless till 70 .

I cant test ig 20-69 cuz ques are abysmal

Unfortunately, almost nobody is doing IG on Preview. It's an extremely low pop server to begin with, and then people are mostly testing the new stuff. The normal way to get that sort of thing on Preview is to do it on Live, then copy your toon over to Preview once it has the gear you want. OFTEN, PE Zone Chat on Preview (or Yawning Portal zone chat?) will have people who can hook you up with free stuff, but I'm not sure if you can use /zone in PE on preview without unlocking it on Live.

However, your point is excellent: Since companions can't use People Gear, where are levelling players expected to get it? Farm Levelling IG every dozen levels or so for a few new pieces?
  • Options
    Im solo atm on Preview so i hope a group can test or we can get together and see if low lvl comp gear even drops in ig.
    I couldnt find info so i wanted to put it out there.

Even with rank 14 bondings an epic comp gives u pretty much nothing on stats without gear and rune stones.

It seems that the also lost lost their roles as striker def etc

BUG if u only have one bonding slot open due to comp lvl and recieve 2 or more bondings they disapear. It seems that if u only have one slot open they all eauipto that slot and arent in ur inventory.
    U first have to unlock the slots uneqip the First bonding than u can equip em to all slots.

Havent tested for if u unlocked 2 slots.

SrY for spelling,drunk
    Sry for not coloring dunno how.

Hope u devs see it anyway
  • Options
    jason#2811 jason Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    How do you upgrade a companion from, say, epic to legendary?
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

Unless its changed with M16, it's either Astral Diamonds or Companion Upgrade tokens (from lock boxes).

Not on preview at the moment so I can't see if the usual "Companion Options" tab is the same as pre M16.
  • Options
    Yes it is 120 tokebs or a mil ad i think
  • Options

Unless its changed with M16, it's either Astral Diamonds or Companion Upgrade tokens (from lock boxes).

Not on preview at the moment so I can't see if the usual "Companion Options" tab is the same as pre M16.
    It appears to have changed, or I cant find the mechanics to actually do it.
  • Options
    Found it.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    As of today, Empowered runestone in defense slot (+HP) is not transferring any HP to character, neither from Augment nor from Bonding.