test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sales Feedback

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Two weeks ago 15% discount on Refining.
Last week 50% off Coals for VIP
This weekend 40% off all

This smells to me of Cryptic being desperate of getting income.

Also the ZAX queue is growing very fast, which indicates that people are not selling Zen.. and probably not buying it either,

I guess we are all waiting for mod 16 to drop and not spending anything until we see what we get.

This is like peeing in the pants to keep warm.. it will be cold after it is warm. Cryptic can make some quick income now but will have less income on medium period since everyone spent all their available Zen money.

Hopefully Cryptic got enough money to complete mod 16 and keep game running...

Title changed by moderator.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

This weekend 40% off all

Also the ZAX queue is growing very fast, which indicates that people are not selling Zen.. and probably not buying it either,

I guess we are all waiting for mod 16 to drop and not spending anything until we see what we get.

This is like peeing in the pants to keep warm.. it will be cold after it is warm. Cryptic can make some quick income now but will have less income on medium period since everyone spent all their available Zen money.

Hopefully Cryptic got enough money to complete mod 16 and keep game running...

I don't know if they are pee in their pants but the first 2 you pointed out does not exactly show that.
    15% discount on refining is basically a kind of rip off because there is 20% discount coupon in regular days.
    VIP 50% off coals was announced in the calendar before the last VIP sales (50% off runic bag) was started.

Now, 40% off all is a surprise. I don't recall that happened in March.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    rofl gotta love the HAMSTER people make up in their heads
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    ZAX exchange slowdown is normal before the release of a new mod.
    There is uncertainty about the value of Zen purchases, especially with Mod16 being essentially a NW reboot.

40% sale is the only dramatic or suprising thing you mention.
    Not sure how that translates to urinary incontinence.
    And not sure why it bothers you.
    They are a business. Transactions are slow. So they're running sales.
    Seems kinda Econ 101 to me.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

15% discount on refining is basically a kind of rip off because there is 20% discount coupon in regular days.

Not really a rip off. Coupon is good for 20% off one thing. 15% off of anything in the section is generally better as you can buy in bulk.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

This weekend 40% off all

I think to a degree the opposite is true. A large ZAX backlog appears to me to be an indicator that people aren't buying AD with their ZEN. They could just be converting it to items off the ZEN store to flip on the AH for a better return. It's probably in Cryptic's best interest that there is a long wait on the ZAX. Encourages the people that can't wait to buy with real money instead of AD.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @noworries#8859 Developers, if you really want to make $ from zen then make special gifts through zen sales through arc more than occasionally. The last time i got zen i got some nice but really inconsequential items. Now i've seen the new mod format i have a good idea on zen sales. Give a choice on zen plateaus. For instance on 20$ purchased plateau you can give choice of epic mounts, pets, some real nice gear, a VIP token, or something in that equivalency. At $100 you can give choices of legend mount, VIP max token, VIP for a year token, or other rewards that are equivalent. And if you do pay $100 then you have the 100 plateau, the $50, the $20, the $10, the $5 and the $1 plateaus to choose rewards from each of them. This will encourage players to spend more $ and less AD to get zen.

Just an idea.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019

@noworries#8859 Developers, if you really want to make $ from zen then make special gifts through zen sales through arc more than occasionally. The last time i got zen i got some nice but really inconsequential items. Now i've seen the new mod format i have a good idea on zen sales. Give a choice on zen plateaus. For instance on 20$ purchased plateau you can give choice of epic mounts, pets, some real nice gear, a VIP token, or something in that equivalency. At $100 you can give choices of legend mount, VIP max token, VIP for a year token, or other rewards that are equivalent. And if you do pay $100 then you have the 100 plateau, the $50, the $20, the $10, the $5 and the $1 plateaus to choose rewards from each of them. This will encourage players to spend more $ and less AD to get zen.

Just an idea.

They usually do something like that at least once or twice a year.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    but not a choice on rewards. And its good to have that open much more often.
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have no opinion until I hear what Twitch has to say!

(Can I get Twitch on MSN? :s )
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Just an idea.

Or some decent transmutes and skins on the Zen market, players that are already geared up will pay for those and it doesn't make the game pay to win
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Balance the cost of zen items on the AH and the zax with start to drop significantly. Who would sell zen for AD when you can buy an item and sell it on the AH for more ad than your exchange would be...

Personally I sold Chultan Tigers for a while. Pay 850k with coupon, sell for 1.2M. With the 10% pulled out it's an easy 200k-300k ad profit. There are several examples of this. Pres wards, easy profit there too. Only problem is your stuck waiting on the zax turnaround on your flipped items.

Balance the AH/ZEN Market items somehow plz!!! Give a week where many of these items are in the trade bar store or something. Balance it out a bit and see where we are!
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I am one of those people who has historically spent too much on this game. At a minimum 100 a month sometimes 2-3 times that. Since the announcement (and the all troubles/nerfs) of mod 16, I haven't spent a cent and won't spend any more until 16 release and as I mostly play on PS4, you do the maths to figure out how much they are losing from me alone. (And I know others just like me)

That being said, the recent 40% off I did have a bunch of Zen in my account and I blew it all on Coals and Keys as at this point I have no idea what will be best post 16. If I decide to come back at all.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Just an idea.

Or some decent transmutes and skins on the Zen market, players that are already geared up will pay for those and it doesn't make the game pay to win
    This last idea is the most astonishing to me.
    Every other MMO I've played fill the cash store with non-game-affecting skins , cosmetics and vanity items.
    People buy that HAMSTER up like crazy.

NW vanity items are few and far between. Overall, abysmal skin options.
    It's easy money and they have never capitalized on it.
    Major opportunity cost.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

lantern22 said:

Just an idea.

This last idea is the most astonishing to me.
    Every other MMO I've played fill the cash store with non-game-affecting skins , cosmetics and vanity items.
    People buy that HAMSTER up like crazy.

NW vanity items are few and far between. Overall, abysmal skin options.
    It's easy money and they have never capitalized on it.
    Major opportunity cost.

Or decorations. It's probably harder to code, but if they had a Stronghold decorations system like in SWTOR that would be awesome. Even if they just allowed a few more hook points around the keep. They could start selling or having drops like statues or trophies. I know I used to spend hours decorating my Strongholds in SWTOR. And do runs and raids for decorations more than gear.