test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes to Day of the Dungeon Master event

wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi.

1. The new additions to the event store is not mentioned in the event description.
2. The Cache of Treasures from Respens dungeon awards all 3 of the items you are supposed to get "one of the following" from.
3. The new artifact is not listed in collections.

Elite Whaleboy

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    wilbur626 said:

Hi.

1. The new additions to the event store is not mentioned in the event description.
    2. The Cache of Treasures from Respens dungeon awards all 3 of the items you are supposed to get "one of the following" from.

Thanks @wilbur626! We're working on updating the blog with the new items and we'll look into the Cache of Treasures issue. I'll add DotDM to the request for event collections update.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The point #2 is not correct always the case
    I got 3 caches already, and I still don't get the artifact.

Feedback nonetheless:
    You need ONE HUNDRED card drop to buy ONE card out of FIVE to complete the artifact.
    The cards drop one by one and not even a guaranteed drop, meaning you will need more than A THOUSAND Respen's game to complete it.

Who in Earth thought that was a good idea, just curious?
    Because it's not.

Edit: wording, @willburg626 has a point about that, I should have said "it's not always the case".
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    agilesto said:

The point #2 is not correct.

Feedback nonetheless:
    You need ONE HUNDRED card drop to buy ONE card out of FIVE to complete the artifact.
    The cards drop one by one and not even a guaranteed drop, meaning you will need more than A THOUSAND Respen's game to complete it.

Because it's not.

I got all 3 rewards, thus making my bug report correct
    Elite Whaleboy
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

Hi.

Thanks @wilbur626! We're working on updating the blog with the new items and we'll look into the Cache of Treasures issue. I'll add DotDM to the request for event collections update.
    I have now farmed 5 more Cache of Treasures, and I cant open them. Getting this error : [Error] You may only have one of a unique item.

Elite Whaleboy
  • yutz#0681 yutz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I also got all 3, but have been running the event and have only gotten one card to drop. the drop rate is horrible for this! Was this intended? Because I am not going to farm the event and not get anything out of it. It seems like a waste of time because of the drop rate (I feel like I have a better chance of getting a beholder tank!)
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    One character received all three items, however a second character only got 2. The Cache of Treasures seems to be inconsistent.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I have run the event maybe 15 times (on different characters). 3 times I earned a cache. I think each time I had a crumpled card and something else. Once the artifact and the vanity mini, twice the mini (which is a d20 but is called a Mimic? It's an awesome d20).

I agree - the idea of running this thing hundreds to thousands of times is honestly sick. Cryptic, please rethink your stance on what levels of grind are healthy for people.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    agilesto said:

The point #2 is not correct always the case

Feedback nonetheless:

Because it's not.

Edit: wording, @willburg626 has a point about that, I should have said "it's not always the case".

Totally agree! I just got my first cache after the patch and got all 3 (yay!), but we are expected to run this at least over 500 times to get all the cards assuming we get one crumbled card each time? I think there is something wrong with someone's math.
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    It will be more than 500 runs, from what our guild is experiencing with drop rate. We did have one member who had an actual Card (not crumpled card) drop, but I haven't seen anyone else in our guild get that.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just ran 10 on 1 character and received 2 caches, the first had the pet, the artifact and 1 card, the 2nd had only 1 card, I think the rate of drops for these cards is way too low, at this rate, if it stays the same I have to run 200 just to be able to buy 1 card from the vendor, thanks but no thanks, I hope they fix the drop rate
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Have run the event 20 times on 1 toon and have not even gotten a single cache. Thanks but no thanks is right...who makes these decisions on the drop rates in your company?

Not exactly inspiring confidence in your ability to pull off Mod 16....

Thinking why even bother anymore. This is no longer a fun game by any stretch.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    10 runs two cache, If the cards drop like those surveys it would be great i would run them 500 times but as it stands now your not even going to be able to get one card in the event unless you have the time to do 100 runs a day to maybe get 10 cards
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    @nitocris83 based on the blog post it sounds like the Cache of Treasures should be dropping at the end of each run of Respen's and it currently is not. Is it WAI or is it actually supposed to drop at the end of each run? I'm okay with the "chance" at a card if you at least get one chance per run, but as it is it's very unclear.

As someone who hasn't had a reason to run this event (other than trying for a Beholder tank) the last 2 times it's been up... it was exciting to have something new to achieve but as many others have said in other posts, it's currently unfathomable to run enough runs to get the full 500 cards...
  • jazmnjazmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I've run it about 35 times on my main and I haven't gotten a single cache, is there some pre-requisite to this thing dropping?