test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bruenor's demon hunt quest issues..

lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Im lookin for some answers...im doin the "Defending the Sword Coast" mission. Its been just rinse/repeatable for a day for me now...oddly though i just got the whispering caverns one...the clikies for the big demon attack work...but the other floor clikies..the components dont appear anymore.

Anyone know why?

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Yep. I know why. The reason is that you've already done this quest today and so the ritual components aren't clickable for you until tomorrow. And if you're thinking "I'll just abandon this quest and pick up a new one from Bruenor", that's a no-go. He'll just give you this same quest again over and over.
  • lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    yea but i did it like 8 times before that though.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It is a Daily quest. Do it once and go back tomorrow.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    lame22334 said:

I very much doubt you did that quest in that specific zone more than once in a day. About a year ago, when I was trying to earn as many Alliance Supplies as I could because there were cosmetics I wanted, I tried running Bruenor's quests over and over and over just for those supplies. The quests that require you to pick up ritual components and do two fights cannot be done in the same zone more than once per day. The quests that don't require this, like Protect Heartleaf's Garden, are repeatable ad nauseum. The only limiting factor, then, in how many of Bruenor's quests you can do in a day is governed by your luck in not getting assigned the quest that requires picking up ritual components in a zone in which you've already done that quest today.
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User

lame22334 said:

I very much doubt you did that quest in that specific zone more than once in a day. About a year ago, when I was trying to earn as many Alliance Supplies as I could because there were cosmetics I wanted, I tried running Bruenor's quests over and over and over just for those supplies. The quests that require you to pick up ritual components and do two fights cannot be done in the same zone more than once per day. The quests that don't require this, like Protect Heartleaf's Garden, are repeatable ad nauseum. The only limiting factor, then, in how many of Bruenor's quests you can do in a day is governed by your luck in not getting assigned the quest that requires picking up ritual components in a zone in which you've already done that quest today.
    So...you very much doubt there could be a bug? In THIS game?! At THIS time?! I have no idea, myself. Hopefully we'll get some feedback on Twitch or ICQ or something about this issue soon! :)
    edited March 2019
    gethund said:

So...you very much doubt there could be a bug? In THIS game?! At THIS time?! I have no idea, myself. Hopefully we'll get some feedback on Twitch or ICQ or something about this issue soon! :)

Since I took the time to re-run Bruenor's quests until I was able to reproduce this, then yes: I doubt this is a bug. It's been this way for the entirety of the almost two years I've been playing. So I figure that:
    1. It's working as intended.
    2. It's like Common Cause in that people don't really understand the limitations and how it works.

It works exactly as I explained, too. You can run quests that require you to gather ritual components until you get one of those that takes you to a zone in which you've already completed one of them today. At that point, the components aren't interactable and you have to wait until the next day to complete it and run more of Bruenor's quests.