What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• drconnor#7239 drconnor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Perhaps, I'm blind... But is there a benefit to using an Augment?

Augment is supposed to give an extra 100% companion stats but it's bugged right now and you only get stats from bondings.

OK, I do correct my statement, augment only give you 100% of their base stats, they do not transfer any stat from equipment and runestones.

I do have no idea if this is intended or a bug, but if augments (their augment skill) do not transfer equipment and runestone stats they will be a quite poor option to be a summoned companion, because they will give you neither protection tanking mobs, nor support, nor damage.

OK, I do need some sleep, augments are working as expected and passing 100% full equipped stats + bondings.
    They dont seem to be passing any HP.

Companions never shared HP before Mod 16. In Mod 16, they don't have HP they have a Health stat. But still, no sharing of HP/Health. That is normal

• ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Augment is supposed to give an extra 100% companion stats but it's bugged right now and you only get stats from bondings.

OK, I do correct my statement, augment only give you 100% of their base stats, they do not transfer any stat from equipment and runestones.

I do have no idea if this is intended or a bug, but if augments (their augment skill) do not transfer equipment and runestone stats they will be a quite poor option to be a summoned companion, because they will give you neither protection tanking mobs, nor support, nor damage.

OK, I do need some sleep, augments are working as expected and passing 100% full equipped stats + bondings.

Companions never shared HP before Mod 16. In Mod 16, they don't have HP they have a Health stat. But still, no sharing of HP/Health. That is normal

False statement. Go try an augment.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

False statement. Go try an augment.
    I feel like there have been mods where they didn't.

I also feel like there's been a lot of mods where legendary bonuses don't work properly. I know that when I was considering getting a second legendary companion I opted not to because it would have only given me about 100 stat points or something ridiculously low like that.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

cdnbison said:

There are a number of companions that aren't fitting the general stat pattern of 1500/3000/4500/6000 stat points - the Quasit and Man-at-Arms come to mind. It'd be nice if things could be fully standardized, so it doesn't lead to a certain companions being BiS simply because their stats are higher than others.

we had before bis companions and useless companions why not now?

It's obvious from looking at the stat blocks that they're trying to standardize to a certain level, so it'd be nice to see that carry across all companions, and avoid the whole "If you don't run X, you're bad". Use the companion to fill in gaps in your stats, not make it an essential part of the build. The relatively random nature of the issue seems to indicate that someone slipped up on their mathing, not any deliberate attempt to make one or another BiS.

On that note, though, If 500 stat points = 1%, most percentage bonuses on companions need to be doubled to fit the generally accepted format of stat gains (1500/3000/4500/6000). The Boar, for instance, gives +500 Defelection, +1% Critical Severity (+500) at Uncommon. The Blink Dog (also Uncommon) gives +1000 Deflection, +500 Critical Resist. The Batiri Runt gives +1% damage (+500 Power) vs. bosses at Uncommon.

Alternatively, you could simply translate % values to flat stats where possible.

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    <font color=red>Last night, while playing Paladin tank, I was getting some strange behaviour from enemies. At one point my companion was stuck behind some terrain and I attacked a distant mob. The 1 member of the mob I hit stayed to fight me, the rest started running across the room to hit my pet. It was like all my aggro went to my pet.
    Only hitting them with Vow of Enmity dragged them back.
    This isn’t a matter of the pet stealing aggro through higher damage, because it wasn’t doing any damage, it wasn’t even in the fight.

The other odd behaviour I observed last night was when it died it would slide randomly across the ground away from the mobs before getting back up, sometimes extra funny when combined with the aggro bug.
    </font>
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Last night, while playing Paladin tank, I was getting some strange behaviour from enemies. At one point my companion was stuck behind some terrain and I attacked a distant mob. The 1 member of the mob I hit stayed to fight me, the rest started running across the room to hit my pet. It was like all my aggro went to my pet.

Only hitting them with Vow of Enmity dragged them back.

This isn’t a matter of the pet stealing aggro through higher damage, because it wasn’t doing any damage, it wasn’t even in the fight.

The other odd behaviour I observed last night was when it died it would slide randomly across the ground away from the mobs before getting back up, sometimes extra funny when combined with the aggro bug.

I've seen something like this as well, with engaged enemies inexplicably running off to attack the companion regardless of other factors.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Bug: Rust monster is doing insane ammounts of damage with its Bite power.

[Combat (Self)] Your Baratinha deals 5075158 (37980) Physical Damage to Lostmauth with Bite.

Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    daniloslv said:

Bug: Rust monster is doing insane ammounts of damage with its Bite power.

[Combat (Self)] Your Baratinha deals 5075158 (37980) Physical Damage to Lostmauth with Bite.

All companions, like all damaging artifacts, are completely broken on Preview ATM. Known issue, already addressed.
  • spellkowski#1755 spellkowski Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    on test server I think they changed wayward wizard to dwarven wayward wizard, if you check that joint where you buy them
    anyway, idk if these are distinct pets or what's going on there, but I had a purple one on guy I copied over, but then bought a dwarven one and successfully added it to stable whereupon it changed to another wayward wizard, so I have 2 in there -- white and purple
    the bonus thing I have available to me is the white one's stats, which now apparently match the collections, cuz I think they corrected them in there (think it used to be like 3k def for a white one)
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    None of the pet's that gave control bonus prior to mod 16, give control bonus now.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Don't know if it is a bug or just a bad tooltip, but gonna post it:

The Netherese Arcanist equip power "deal x% dmg to enemies not facing you" does not proc on every attack. It seems to have around a 1 second ICD that is not listed.
    If the ICD is intended and the power is #Working as Intended, could we get that added to the tooltip? Along with Owlbear Cub's ICD and any other proc pets with ICD on their effects that I can't remember off-hand?
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It would add more variety to the companion pool if each one of them was given a Strong Enemy type: Undead Slayer, Dragon Slayer, Cultist Slayer, Demon Slayer, etc... Companions gain 25% damage against and 25% damage resistance versus their strong enemy type. This bonus would not affect players. The bonus is negated whenever another identical active companion is in the party.

This would encourage summoning different active companions between areas, and discourage everyone from running with the exact same companions. It adds another layer of depth, which can be tactically employed, yet is subtle enough that players may ignore it if they choose.

Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Were the new companion bonus' and stats just randomized by a computer program or was it intentionally thought out, and determined by a human it was a good idea to trash everything we invested in.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The initial companion quest in PE directs you to find your companion in your inventory. It's no longer there. I had to go to character and companion page to find it. I'm not sure if it's all healer companions but the apprentice healer has a red aoe circle for its heal... which I don't think is correct.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Would you consider giving the Quickling a movement speed bonus again? I know the Movement stat itself doesn't exist, but there are items that still give a run-speed boost. Right now it's just a plain-vanilla companion like all the others. Speediness in one form or another is the whole point of calling it a Quickling, after all.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019

None of the pet's that gave control bonus prior to mod 16, give control bonus now.

I'd like to second the call for restoring control bonus to companions. Two of them -- the Will o' Wisp and the Cantankerous Mage -- are Zen store companions. The vast majority of us spent Zen specifically for that benefit. As for myself, Miri my CW is expressly built for CC and this change makes that build completely untenable.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

I'm not sure if it's all healer companions but the apprentice healer has a red aoe circle for its heal... which I don't think is correct.

That's been acknowledged as a bug and promised a fix before launch. All companion powers are dropping red splats at the moment, and shouldn't be.

• icekoob#9523 icekoob Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Xuna has a 10% chance to do 0% damage as poison damage :p. This could be really good if 0 would become a higher number.
  • kopisusu36b#1324 kopisusu36b Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    no comment
    Post edited by kopisusu36b#1324 on
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I checked out the basic vendors in PE looking for changes. One of note was the Emporium Vendor, who now sells a "Dwarven Wayward Wizard".

By the name, one would suppose the model used for the companion is a dwarf.

Not so - still looks/sounds like the same old dark elf-y WW model used since Day 1.

So - why change the name of the companion if it looks/sounds exactly the same as before??
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Hey all,
    For those of you asking about the bind status of stored companions we are addressing the issue. Our intent is not to change the current status of the stored pet. We have also fixed the issue with bolster only looking at the first 5 companions in a category. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

On a side note, for those of you who are seeing a pet returned to you that is not bundled up into the new rewardpack style please send me your account and character name so we can investigate.

Can you clarify how/if Bolster has any effect on augments?
    Bolster should increase augment stats as well. Will have to look at why this is may not be working.

sgrantdev said:

Hey all,
    For those of you asking about the bind status of stored companions we are addressing the issue. Our intent is not to change the current status of the stored pet. We have also fixed the issue with bolster only looking at the first 5 companions in a category. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

On a side note, for those of you who are seeing a pet returned to you that is not bundled up into the new rewardpack style please send me your account and character name so we can investigate.

Bolster should increase augment stats as well. Will have to look at why this is may not be working.

I'm not 100% sure it's not, it's hard for me to eyeball.

I do know that Companion strength points from Darks in utility slots don't seem to affect the stats my augment grants, but I'm assuming that's working as intended.
    hustin1 said:

I'd like to second the call for restoring control bonus to companions. Two of them -- the Will o' Wisp and the Cantankerous Mage -- are Zen store companions. The vast majority of us spent Zen specifically for that benefit. As for myself, Miri my CW is expressly built for CC and this change makes that build completely untenable.
    I have mixed feelings on this, as I bought the Cantankerous Mage for the control bonus at the time, but am pretty sure that the new bonus is probably more effective for where my character is at now.

Still, I do generally agree: Zen store companions should do the same kind of thing they did back in Mod 15. Not necessarily the same method or magnitude, but at least the same general function.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Hey all,

I'm 99% sure that bolster has no effect on any companion's stats, augment or not.
    I’d rather they not go down the rabbit hole of trying to restore the Control Bonus % actives that almost no one used. Control isn’t a very viable focus and is very close to being a “false choice.”
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

vorphied said:

I’d rather they not go down the rabbit hole of trying to restore the Control Bonus % actives that almost no one used. Control isn’t a very viable focus and is very close to being a “false choice.”

I bought a bunch of +Control companions because of their +Control, but it is true I eventually phased them out of my non-support build.

My support build is now completely removed from the game, so there's that.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019

vorphied said:

I bought a bunch of +Control companions because of their +Control, but it is true I eventually phased them out of my non-support build.

If Control Bonus is NOT an option, then maybe another bonus that is triggered by control would be an alternative? Like,

2% encounter cooldown reduction whenever you control a creature.
    or Gain 3,000 Power when you control a creature.
    or Gain 3,000 Defense and Deflection versus enemies you control.
    or Enemies you control have 3% less power.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    mushellka said:

Since my post has been ignored, allow me to re-query. The answer is important because I do not know if this behavior is intentional by devs or a traditional bug.
    (auto-quote is the highest form quote : D )

mushellka said:

"The specified effect can activate on power use as long as your companion is in range"

I noticed that companions behave like a stupid dogs on a walk. They run randomly around, do not choose a simple path, they stop, look around, sometimes get lost on the way before they join the player. It is frustrating, because most of my fights I am WITHOUT my companion.
    I watched the companions of other players and behaved the same.
    In this way, we are deprived of the companion bonus for most of the time.

Is this behavior intentional and correct? My pet often stops at a distance of 123 '(whatever) from me ... Eg on the other side of the rock.

@sgrantdev

Not desired behavior but we have been looking into some general pathing issues that we have discovered recently. Once we get those resolved hopefully this will be better.

vorphied said:

If Control Bonus is NOT an option, then maybe another bonus that is triggered by control would be an alternative? Like,

2% encounter cooldown reduction whenever you control a creature.
    or Gain 3,000 Power when you control a creature.
    or Gain 3,000 Defense and Deflection versus enemies you control.
    or Enemies you control have 3% less power.
    So here's the problem with that:

See, a lot of wizard powers have sort of incidental control. People use them for damage, but they also have control. Chill Strike for instance is more of an AOE damage than a control effect. Entangling Force. Lots of examples.

So basically, a "You get X when you control" effect has to, in order to be valuable, have X be more powerful than something that's just "you get X." But what that means is that wizard powers are able to proc things, and other powers aren't. If control were a more serious dynamic in Neverwinter, it might be fine, but where we stand, I'm skepetical that dynamic works.

Then again, there's an Insignia bonus that gives +2500 CA when you control a creature so hey why not.
    If we're going forward with this category-specific Bolster mechanic, we might as well go the extra step and eliminate the debuff procs from Chultan Tiger, Con Artist, etc., etc. Let summoned companion selection be entirely about preferred category and the player's desired aesthetic.

While on one hand it feels slightly ridiculous to try to argue away another gameplay advantage, I'd rather have the band-aid ripped off now and the companion playing field as fully equalized as realistically possible. Companions that directly augment player damage capability with high or potentially 100% uptime are almost always going to be more desirable in the late game.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH