test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Authors: back up your quests

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
edited March 2019 in The Foundry
Go into your Neverwinter/Live/Data/ns folder and back it up. That *appears* to have one folder for every quest you author and appears to save a snapshot of them when you last edited them. It can't hurt.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• warrfb#9532 warrfb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So, what for ? Ty for the info, tho.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Because on April 11 the foundry for both Neverwinter and STO will go offline with no plans to bring it back. The foundry and all its extra content will become Defunct
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

Because on April 11 the foundry for both Neverwinter and STO will go offline with no plans to bring it back. The foundry and all its extra content will become Defunct
    But what will you do with that datafile?
    I too am heartbroken over the loss of the Foundry. Abandoning it (which started 3-4 years ago, not today) was a terrible business decision.

But what can you do with your saved foundries? Neither you nor anyone else will ever be able to play them again.
    Thousands of hours of hard work. Gone.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    edited March 2019
    > @bpstuart said:
    > So, what for ? Ty for the info, tho.
    >
    > Because on April 11 the foundry for both Neverwinter and STO will go offline with no plans to bring it back. The foundry and all its extra content will become Defunct

I dont believe theres a single soul, who currently uses this corner of the forum, who dont know the foundry is dead for good, and if there is, then they should. Staff made an announcement, they didnt open a poll about it.

My point is... backup ? If they ever remade the foundry, it would be incompatible with the old data. the new stat system is not compatible with the old data. Back when they launched EE, there was a lot of hard work so the foundry could come back up. They are now doing us the favor of admitting that the foundry as it is / was is not compatible with the new system.

So unless one of you guys plan on creating a NWo foundry emulator, I dont see the point in backing up our data.

It IS a nice thought, tho, just so I may stare at it later.
    edited March 2019
    > @dread4moor said:
    >
    > Because on April 11 the foundry for both Neverwinter and STO will go offline with no plans to bring it back. The foundry and all its extra content will become Defunct
    >
    > But what will you do with that datafile?
    > I too am heartbroken over the loss of the Foundry. Abandoning it (which started 3-4 years ago, not today) was a terrible business decision.
    >
    > But what can you do with your saved foundries? Neither you nor anyone else will ever be able to play them again.
    > Thousands of hours of hard work. Gone.

I second that.

I (am / was / still am / dont know ) in the mid of crafting a big campaign called "zero to hero". Episodes are already published, im finishing the third. After the news I am dragging myself to the foundry trying to finish it in time. It hurts.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

> @bpstuart said:

>

I dont believe theres a single soul, who currently uses this corner of the forum, who dont know the foundry is dead for good, and if there is, then they should. Staff made an announcement, they didnt open a poll about it.

My point is... backup ? If they ever remade the foundry, it would be incompatible with the old data. the new stat system is not compatible with the old data. Back when they launched EE, there was a lot of hard work so the foundry could come back up. They are now doing us the favor of admitting that the foundry as it is / was is not compatible with the new system.

So unless one of you guys plan on creating a NWo foundry emulator, I dont see the point in backing up our data.

It IS a nice thought, tho, just so I may stare at it later.

Nothing more than to protect them against loss. If Cryptic ever decides to bring it back, they already know where the data format was last frozen.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    >
    > Nothing more than to protect them against loss. If Cryptic ever decides to bring it back, they already know where the data format was last frozen.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some guy who watched the live stream said, in the last line, that staff saved the whole thing, just in case someday they could use the data again. I just hope they make a new backup on the last day because I keep updating mine and its huge.
  • cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You can export a .txt file of your quest:

1. Open the quest in the editor.
    2. Go to story tab, click "Play from beginning":
    3. Type "/ugcEditorExportProject name.txt" into chat.
    4. This will generate the file name.txt in your Neverwinter_en/Live/Data folder.

I don't think there is a way to re-import that file, but at least it will save all dialogue, descriptions, mission steps, item names etc.

Also, you may want to have a look at this STO thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247575/how-i-suggest-we-can-preserve-our-work
    Post edited by cushparl on
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    cushparl said:

You can export a .txt file of your quest:

1. Open the quest in the editor.
    2. Go to story tab, click "Play from beginning":
    3. Type "/ugcEditorExportProject .txt" into chat.
    4. This will generate the file .txt in your Neverwinter_en/Live/Data folder.

I don't think there is a way to re-import that file, but at least it will save all dialogue, descriptions, mission steps, item names etc.

Also, you may want to have a look at this STO thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247575/how-i-suggest-we-can-preserve-our-work

Just to clarify for those interested.....

It would be :

/ugcEditorExportProject filename.txt

Filename being the name you want for the text file.

• cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    warrians said:

Just to clarify for those interested.....

It would be :

/ugcEditorExportProject filename.txt

Filename being the name you want for the text file.

Thanks for proofreading :) .
    Seems that writing "name" in pointy brackets was a bad idea... fixed it.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am using my OBS Twitch editor to save mine to video, but as of today you can no longer access Foundry or the files. :angry:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User

I am using my OBS Twitch editor to save mine to video, but as of today you can no longer access Foundry or the files. :angry:

you can still play them with ur author character. not the same thing, i know. having to redo it every map due to no transition. losing all key items between maps.

Im so mad, i wish there was something i could do other than fund a NWo foundry emu XD

I was wondering, do u guys think these wow emus were born like this ?? LIke, vanilla wow was about to end, someone despaired and made an emu ??