test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• bluefighter#7087 bluefighter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've an question about the Quest 'unstable Runic Resonance' in the Undermountain, so first i collected the unstable resonance. Then it says that i've defeat runic creatures and collect a Depleted Artifact. I've been doing alot of HE's, can someone help me out ?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I'm going to assume the Campaign is going to have some time gating added to it?

There is no (and will not be any) time gating in the leveling content (the campaign itself) - the time gating is present for the new BiS gear (weekly caps and such).
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Cant read through the whole thing so might be a repeat.

Undermountain vendor trading seals needs to have a quantity. Selling 1200 seals 1 by 1 is probably grounds for a civil lawsuit. Carpal Tunnel anyone?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

Cant read through the whole thing so might be a repeat.

Undermountain vendor trading seals needs to have a quantity. Selling 1200 seals 1 by 1 is probably grounds for a civil lawsuit. Carpal Tunnel anyone?

I think I remember seeing this has already been noted and will be fixed
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    It seems that if you start collecting Rune Essence from HEs before you get the final quest it bugs.
    I did my first HE before I finished Vanrak, then got the quests from the vendor. After a bit of effort tonight I got the Artifact and went to hand it in and she gave me the quest again and now I have this situation:

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • akbaikakbaik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just a thought for other players. Have 10-20 inventory slots open for stuff to be moved to during the
    update. (Thus skipping the inventory mess when all you want to do is get into the new adventures.)
  • bluefighter#7087 bluefighter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    obsidiancran3 said: It seems that if you start collecting Rune Essence from HEs before you get the final quest it bugs.
    I did my first HE before I finished Vanrak, then got the quests from the vendor. After a bit of effort tonight I got the Artifact and went to hand it in and she gave me the quest again and now I have this situation:

How did you got the artifact ?

• romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    ... i do not know if this is even remotely possible but let me ask just the same... will there be a way to switch class if we see that we do not want to play the previous class anymore (ex. from cleric to fighter etc.) With all the changes that will happen to the classes and how they work I feel that there should at least be a way to switch the character into a different class if we do not like how our old class plays out in mod 16... i mean there is a race re-roll token already, why not a class re-roll too
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Just wanted to give feedback about something Julia said on the last Driftwood regarding... feedback.

What she said (not exacts words, you can look those up) was something like "we (Cryptic) are starting to see the general mood of the comments in for feedback forum trending positive".

Please do not think that in any way the comments are trending up in positive feedback (I think the trend is flat). I was very active early on about what I liked and, mostly, what I dislike. I can just keep repeating those comments over and over but I have already noted my dislike for most of the changes.

There was also a comment about some people just don't like change. That is a tiny fraction of the population. If you were to add change that improved things they liked, I doubt they would complain. The changes you are proposing in many people's minds are simply not improvements. Some of the changes might make it easier for Cryptic to code the game but its like shrinking the Snickers bar, that does not outwardly benefit the customer.

So don't take the lack of people repeating their negative feedback as somehow positive. And don't lump people who dislike YOUR changes to people who just don't like change. Move the cheese all you want, but don't destroy the cheese in the process.

I think she was only referring to the ones in the forum... not including the one on youtube, reddit and other sites... cause those have a different take on the mod...
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    mcfob said:

I have to say, this is waaaay too slow. I'm tired of that US Postal Truck beeping at my tank gf and giving me the finger as he drives by! Plus, my grandma keeps wacking me with her walker as she passes me! Time itself is faster than my tank gf loadout, totally not fun to play at all. Really, why nerf movement so bad? Can't wait to see how slow my other toons are, geezus.

Slow movement is particularly hard on Vanguard (dedicated tank) Fighter because they absolutely must be the "first into the fight" if they want any chance to grab initial aggro.

With very few hard taunts and Mod16 Aggro very DPS based, good luck stealing aggro back after DPS engages first.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    romromero said:

... i do not know if this is even remotely possible but let me ask just the same... will there be a way to switch class if we see that we do not want to play the previous class anymore (ex. from cleric to fighter etc.) With all the changes that will happen to the classes and how they work I feel that there should at least be a way to switch the character into a different class if we do not like how our old class plays out in mod 16... i mean there is a race re-roll token already, why not a class re-roll too

Yes.
    I started a thread requesting free class reroll:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246510/m16-request-one-free-full-reroll-per-account-please

Please add your voice to that thread if you agree.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Add me to the list that think too few feats to choose from, not going to be a lot of diversity in builds, and also many of these feat choices are pretty weak sauce
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @asterdahl
    A thought on the balancing of power damage, particularly for tank classes:

You've told us that your paradigm is that at-wills provide 1/5 of your damage, with the rest being 1/5 from each encounter power and 1/5 from your dailies. I don't think there's anything wrong with this model per se, but it doesn't currently reflect for tanks because of how much time each tank class spends blocking- if you drop your guard, it's generally going to be for an Encounter that's come off cooldown, rather than to trade hits where it feels like you've got a wiffle bat and the other guy's got a classic slugger.

At the very least, I'd suggest rolling back the tank spec damage penalty for atwills, maybe even add a Riposte mechanic where blocking attacks gives you a short duration of bonus atwill damage- not enough to make them hit like Encounters, obviously, but enough to constitute a damage increase proportional to the amount of time you expect us to spend blocking and encourage us to stop blocking to get a hit in.

On the topic, given that tanks spend less of their time attacking (as it's generally our job to make the healer's life easier by blocking a hit, even with Encounters off cooldown, rather than to keep attacking unless we're actively losing threat), is the damage penalty even needed at all? We're not generally going to outdps the dps in our groups, since we'll be in front of the mobs(no consistent Combat Advantage, less incentive to gear for it), we won't be chasing offensive stats as hard due to needing to balance them with defensive ones, and we have less offensive uptime due to blocking when the dps is attacking.

(post isn't showing up in Stats/mechanics, dunno why, giving it a shot over here)
    Post edited by fenrir4life on
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

mcfob said:

I have to say, this is waaaay too slow. I'm tired of that US Postal Truck beeping at my tank gf and giving me the finger as he drives by! Plus, my grandma keeps wacking me with her walker as she passes me! Time itself is faster than my tank gf loadout, totally not fun to play at all. Really, why nerf movement so bad? Can't wait to see how slow my other toons are, geezus.

Slow movement is particularly hard on Vanguard (dedicated tank) Fighter because they absolutely must be the "first into the fight" if they want any chance to grab initial aggro.

With very few hard taunts and Mod16 Aggro very DPS based, good luck stealing aggro back after DPS engages first.
    Then I guess maybe the DPS need to learn to wait?

Shouldn't take too many deaths for them to figure that out.

• mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I think the only thing the dps will learn is to 'never join a party with you as tank again'
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

mcfob said:

Why not just make their class mechanism of enhanced movement reduced in proportion the amount of how many times they have died or held arrgo. /s
  • drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User

mcfob said:

^I'm a CW and I can say that i'm one that hate when dps players get ahead of the party taking aggro of everything they can before the Tank could actually do their job, and as you can guess most of these "noobs dpsers" are dead in a few seconds, they think if "Jhon" can do it why i can't do it? o.O this is where i want to kick their asses and let them know that you can't waste others peoples' time... -_-
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    drakkon5 said:

mcfob said:

^I'm a CW and I can say that i'm one that hate when dps players get ahead of the party taking aggro of everything they can before the Tank could actually do their job, and as you can guess most of these "noobs dpsers" are dead in a few seconds, they think if "Jhon" can do it why i can't do it? o.O this is where i want to kick their asses and let them know that you can't waste others peoples' time... -_-
    This sort of thing is why I'm a solo player. I don't want to worry about my playstyle creating trouble for other people.

mcfob said:

I wish you were right.
    But as @mcfob said that is NOT the result on preview.
    The tank just looks bad. Especially Vanguard Fighter.
    The result is they will just choose a different class of tank and continue to charge in early with a tank that can steal aggro back.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019

In the new system, these cloaks are in a weird position. The new model for AP gain is based around you casting 1 daily per minute, as follows:
    • Powers are normalized as 1.67*cast time = AP Gain.
    • AP gain cloaks increase that to once every 1000/(16.7+13)= 33.67 seconds.
    • 60/33.67 = 1.782001782 more dailies then originally.
    • Dailies are intended to deal 20% of your DpS.
    • This means, this stat is a ((1+0.2*1.782001782)/1.2-1)*100 = 13.03% DpS increase.
    • This means an AP gain cloak is the single best damage increase for any piece of gear.
    Suggestion:
    I recommend removing this rating from cloaks and increasing the ap gain/second ratio to 3.34, from 1.67. The fact of the matter is, casting 1 daily every 60 second feels bad (but 1 every 30 seconds feels ok) and unless this statistic is removed from cloaks it is always the most important stat.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    In general if to keep the overall combat at the same speed, I would suggest to increase mobs HP but decrease encounter CD by about 30%. At least for classes that only have 3 encounter slots....
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Upon entering Vanrakdoom, I began the first quest. Got stuck. Abandoned it. There appears to be no way to get the quest again.
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    a bug in kessell's retreat a "DeathLock Wight" in place of a "Undead Barbarian Shaman" .

https://ibb.co/G2MD4dH
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Ok not a bug or anything but for the love of sanity, change the companion's area of effect indicator to be different from that of the enemies, in a fracas you can't tell the difference between your healer's sunburst and some foe about to fill you with spiked death.

you have spent the last few modules training us that "Red circle is dangerzone" so now companions giving of Danger circles just make me instinctively dodge away from my companions
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Can we please get VIP on preview? It would really help those of us who are used to it on live, and might just be a good selling tool to get those that test on preview without VIP to go and get it
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."