test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Expeditions Feedback

Expeditions is an all new feature for Neverwinter. You will get one of these between each level of the dungeon. There are lots of randomly generated elements, so everyone's experience will be different.

We would love to see any sort of feedback, but notes on environment collision and encounter difficulty would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The waypoint for Take The Bull By The Horns is on the wrong side of the map.

Feedback: Take The Bull By The Horns quest was too difficult for my level 78 Paladin.

Comments

• shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I just finished the expedition quest and did the update in the campaign window, but now can't find any follow up quests at all. What did I miss?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Two of the fights on your first Expedition are going to be VERY difficult for most players (the giant spider and the first encounter with undead by the underground lake). I played with my 17k Damnation SW and she struggled mightily even with a soul puppet tanking. Players with lesser gear will very likely find themselves dead before they know it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    In one of the expeditions there's a black door/wall that you shouldn't be able to through. Once you do, you're on the other side of the invisible wall and can run around "behind" the map. You can get to the door to continue the expedition but can't go through it as you're on the other side of the wall.

Took a while to figure out how to get back to where I came through to actually be able to continue to the next part. You're just stuck running behind the walls outside the map area.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Bug: Three of us in a party did an expedition for Wyllowwood, we fought an Undead Beholder with a boss hit point bar that took us 20 minutes to kill, we were hitting him for damage in the hundreds.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    in the first expedition, after killing the big spider (broodmother), I found a reward chest - or I assume it was a reward chest, but I could not interact with it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eleanore88eleanore88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    In Terminal map there are a lots of location where, instead of objects, appear yellow/green blocks with "collision" written on it. Same things on the little map on the corner.

By the way the campaign till the end of this part doesn't stuck

All the reward chest in expedition are locked, i suppose that we could repeat them with appropriate key

I play a cw 16.7k in live, and i played the great part of campaign yesterday (I need 2 steps to finish) without guild boons and it was very easy...the mobs in campaign are well balanced for my class, maybe too easy but i understand that not all 70's are well equipped.
    Beholder, all around campaign, are hard to defeat, most of all the bosses of the areas (the ones of end expedition), so imho bosses should be empowered.
    adinosii said:

in the first expedition, after killing the big spider (broodmother), I found a reward chest - or I assume it was a reward chest, but I could not interact with it.

Same, did 3 expeditions and no one was able to interact with chest at the end. We guessed maybe that's for later when you have runes?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Not sure if these are really meant to be soloed or not, they don't feel like solo content.
    1. Fought several gravemasters and believe they are a bit too OP. I died several times fighting these things. Too much dps and too many adds.
    2. The Undead Ogre 1 shot me. I thought a stated goal was to stop having 1 shot deaths by bosses.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Not sure if these are really meant to be soloed or not, they don't feel like solo content.

Depends. If you have a fairly strong character of a class which has been properly tuned for the Mod 16 changes, the expeditions are perfectly soloable. If you are weaker, or if your class is, well...a bit broken, I would not consider them soloable content.

I just finished the second expedition (into the Wilds) and have a couple of complaints.

Team leader? Is the intention to force people to do this in a group? I'm doing this solo and the message just makes no sense in that case.

Again, just like after the first expedition, I cannot interact with the chest at the end.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The room with the decrepit skeletons and demilich is a wall for me. Wearing the given equipment with rank 8-10s the skeletons were 2-3 hitting me (ranger). Since there are 4 skeletons, another thing, the demilich and its spawns, I'm dead as soon as I fire my first attack. If I get hit with the stun, I don't even get to use a healthstone for a second attack before I die. I used about 20 scrolls to get through here the first time, and just turned it off after 4 attempts on the way to wyldwood. I'm not going to copy characters 10 times just to have enough scrolls to get through one room in a mission. I've tried both paragons, about 8 different power setups, and even respecced a couple times to change feats to see if I was doing something extremely wrong.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

The room with the decrepit skeletons and demilich is a wall for me. Wearing the given equipment with rank 8-10s the skeletons were 2-3 hitting me (ranger). Since there are 4 skeletons, another thing, the demilich and its spawns, I'm dead as soon as I fire my first attack. If I get hit with the stun, I don't even get to use a healthstone for a second attack before I die. I used about 20 scrolls to get through here the first time, and just turned it off after 4 attempts on the way to wyldwood. I'm not going to copy characters 10 times just to have enough scrolls to get through one room in a mission. I've tried both paragons, about 8 different power setups, and even respecced a couple times to change feats to see if I was doing something extremely wrong.

I had a REAL hard time with that fight. In general, throughout the campaign you get swarmed by WAY too many enemies at once.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Depends. If you have a fairly strong character of a class which has been properly tuned for the Mod 16 changes, the expeditions are perfectly soloable. If you are weaker, or if your class is, well...a bit broken, I would not consider them soloable content.

I just finished the second expedition (into the Wilds) and have a couple of complaints.

Team leader? Is the intention to force people to do this in a group? I'm doing this solo and the message just makes no sense in that case.

Again, just like after the first expedition, I cannot interact with the chest at the end.
    My speculation is that this chest (and powering up the crystal card holders) is tied to the new rune mechanic ("tarokka-for-caves") you learn about after you finish the campaign quest line.

These should be introduced a bit better earlier on, or somehow indicate they'll be available once you complete XXXX
    edited March 2019
    Can't figure out how to get runes or participate in Master Expeditions. My friends and I are unable to complete the "Master Expedition" campaign task. Text says: Requires completion of the "Master of the Depths" quest. But we do not have that quest and cannot find a way to get it.
    Post edited by manipulos on
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    manipulos said:

Can't figure out how to get runes or participate in Master Expeditions. My friends and I are unable to complete the "Master Expedition" campaign task. Text says: Requires complete of the "Master of the Depths" quest. But we do not have that quest and cannot find a way to get it.

I'm having the same problem. You can get the runes from doing HEs but I don't see an artifact that I need to turn it in. I got the runes but I don't have the artifact.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Once you get the runes , redo the fights when one of those domes re opens again ( every 20 mins or so ) . Eventually one of the runic monsters WILL drop the artifact and then you can restore it . You can then get the quest to complete the master expedition in the campaign ., but like adnosil above doing the further expeditions solo you can't activate the crystals .
    There is a quest that you get about refining or something for the crystals . I have ran it three times . It shows it as being bronze rewards but can never activate the crystal as it says that only the group leader can activate it .
    I put my comment about this in the general feedback .
    Previously posted :-

doing the master expedition quests solo .It doesn't appear to allow me to attune a crystal to supposedly increase the rewards . Is this required to be able to locate runic etchings in order to fullfill the quest : attunement crystals .
    Is this part meant o be soloable or are we forced to do it as a group as when you approach the crystal it says " can only be used by the team leader " If we are force to group up this is another cluster F*ck in making base content that isn't soloable ....
    The runes / artifact are achieved from the forge part of the map . Every 20 mins or so a random part of it a dome appears with the runic monsters inside of it . Kill them to get the runes and repeat until the artifact eventually drops .
    It took the dome appearing 3 times before I had them all .
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Like the others, I can't interact with the 3 blocs before the entrance, and I can't interact with the final chest either, but no mention why.
    That means for me that expeditions really are like a standard quest, since I can't interact with the only things that are supposed to differenciate it

The Spider boss at the end of several expeditions has way too much life. It's orders of magnitude different from the other final expeditions boss. My at-wills are doing 8-10k (an aberration), my IBS at most 150k (also aberrant), and my companion hits between 35-50k.
    The boss has several millions hp. I had to use a broken artifact to not have to fight an hour. I didn't have the issue on the other bosses.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Trying to do the crystal quest or use the attunement crystals in master expeditions solo isn't working. We can interact with the first attunement crystal, but the options to focus the stuffs from the runes (H.E.'s?) isn't selectable.

allow us attempt the expeditions solo with challenges like we could with hunts, if they are too difficult, people will want to team up.

The system for activating challenges seems a little too confusing, but that might just be from not having been able to try it.

• aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    pelgrax said:

The runes / artifact are achieved from the forge part of the map . Every 20 mins or so a random part of it a dome appears with the runic monsters inside of it . Kill them to get the runes and repeat until the artifact eventually drops .
    It took the dome appearing 3 times before I had them all .

Does this show up on the map? Been in the forge area of Terminus for a while but can never see anything.

UPDATE: ignore me, that's what the big placeholder image is :-)
  • rhorndev#7057 rhorndev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 14 Cryptic Developer
    shiani1 said:

I just finished the expedition quest and did the update in the campaign window, but now can't find any follow up quests at all. What did I miss?

Hi shiani1, which campaign step did you complete? Make sure to collect your reward from the campaign step, and the next mission will be nearby to where you spoke with Azuli to turn the mission in.

Hope this helps!
    aimsies said:

In one of the expeditions there's a black door/wall that you shouldn't be able to through. Once you do, you're on the other side of the invisible wall and can run around "behind" the map. You can get to the door to continue the expedition but can't go through it as you're on the other side of the wall.

Took a while to figure out how to get back to where I came through to actually be able to continue to the next part. You're just stuck running behind the walls outside the map area.

Can you give me a bit more description of where you found this? If you can get a screenshot that would be great, although no problem if you can't easily get back to that floor.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I have done 2 of these now. I had no problems wiht the difficulty. my hr was 15.5 approx before the update and not what I would have called particularly well geared. I think I'm 17 something now inside the new mod. if you're having problems with difficulty my first response now is do you have the chicken power equipped? it's like a damage modifier in the bad guys favor. lol. it would be nice to have an entrance and exit on the map. the first time I didn't have a problem. I guess I was pretty tired the second time but I was lost for awhile. couldn't figure out where the exit was. I also couldn't find all the relics. it let me go anyway even with 7 instead of nine. with no movement speed enchants or insignias it is super slow too. it would be nice to have a movement increase or mount in the expedition zone.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Agreed; there needs to be a full solo option. Characters with lower-quality equipment and enchants will likely struggle and prefer to group up, but there should be an option for players to run solo if they wish.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

So just ran a master expedition with another player ( cw and tr ) . Neither of us could activate / attune any of the crystals at the start . We completed the expedition but again the chest couldn't be opened . So I am still unable to complete the quest : Attunement crystals as it states that the runic etching required can be found in the rewards chest ( which can't be BLOODY opened ) .
    What exactly is required to be able to attune the crystal - campaign currency or is it something that hasn't yet been enabled in the update ????
    Believe that I need extra currency to activate the crystals which is supposedly obtained from the " elder rune " mini zones ( after reading the tips from the rune NPC ) . I have ran 3 of these in succession and never received any extra sort of currency . I have undermountain currency Tokens A and U listed in the inventory . Can we get a dev to confirm that this is where we are supposed to get the required currency and if so has it been ENABLED ??????
    If not then tell us exactly what IS required in order to attune the bloody crystal .......
  • waywardchampionwaywardchampion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The Arena ( Boss Spider ) at the end of the first expedition seems scaled for a party rather than for solo play. It took my Hellbringer Warlock 20+ minutes to finally kill it.

My gear is that which was given by Lord Neverember at the start of the campaign, but my weapons are a little better ( Chultan weapons ).

I actually dont mind the challenge, but the time it took to slay that spider was in my opinion, much too long. Longer than even slaying one of the ranking dragons solo.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Master Expedition.

1. I have encountered several mobs who are just standing that and not showing any aggro towards me when I approach them, it's like they are stuck in their mechanics which result in a boring one-sided fight.
    Like Drufi (FBI) is stuck in her mechanics regularly.

2. Also, after finishing the expedition the reward (given out by Obaya Uday) is nowhere to be found in inventory

Despite the fact I refuse to use the (wel known) broken Artifacts I would like to make a comment on Scaling (not sure if it's already taken care of) but some mobs have a insane amount of HP while others are almost being oneshotted when entering as a solo run

There is a (minor) thing I really like is that doors are opening, and closing behind me (animated)…
    Well done, Kudo's for that
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    Thanks everyone for the feedback - keep it coming! I'm working to update many of the issues that you've reported here and should have them out with the next update. A few points of clarification:

1. Both Expeditions and Master Expeditions are intended to be done solo or as a group - your choice. Attuning more crystals in a Master Expedition will greatly increase the challenge though, so you probably want a group when running with more than one rune.
    2. The crystals at the start and the glowing chests at the end are only used in Master Expeditions.
    3. To unlock Master Expeditions, speak with Runemaster Sinyé after completing the Neverember's Envoy mission. She's on the second floor of the Yawning Portal near the fireplace.

I hope this helps clear up some questions and confusion!
    I and others have unlocked the master expeditions quest . I am unable to complete the next quest ( attunement crystal quest ) where I need to get the runic etching as it is supposedly held in the chest at the end of the expedition . The chest is NOT interactable when the expedition is completed , and I have been unable to attune the first crystal either SOLO or in a group of 2 ( likewise for the other player ) .
    What currency / and or how much is required to be able to attune the crystal .
    I have the resonator which Sinye says is supposed to automatically convert the runes ( again from the elder rune mini event I assume ) but after running it 3 times there were no further currencies in my inventory .
    So AGAIN i ask :

What EXACTLY is required in order to be able to attune the crystal at the start of the expedition ????????????????