test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Concerns with MODULE 16

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
There is some good things and bad things. Mostly bad by what I see by gameplay and feedback.

Main concern is massive cooldown times with recovery removal. This was mentioned by a YouTube streamer playing the preview! I would embed the video, however profanity/vulgar language was used. I'll qoute it without the bad language. "How in the world am I supposed to kill enemies when it seems like I'm wasting minutes in dungeon killing one enemy at a time, because I'm dead trying to hit harder at times to even kill!?"

Lifesteal with that 'chance' to save your life being removed. Streamers mentioned they died a lot at times. Same reason!

Defense and hit is terrible. Cooldowns are horrible to play effectively.

Personally I'm seeing more bad than good as people progressed.

As I always stated is that we aren't stacking too much recovery and lifesteal. Playing Rogue, lifesteal has saved my life. Since it was chance, it created life or death situations. Taking away lifesteal takes away the chance for slight advantage to survive at times. I loved that feeling trying to make a hit for health while doing damage. I hit hard for damage more, but well I was a bit spongy, so lifesteal saved my life at times.

Less feats. Yes this is good thing to some sort to make it less confusing, however at same time all classes lose their identities of style gameplay. I suggest some feats that give cooldowns and lifesteal chance at least or on gear itself.

I hate to break it, but watching YouTube streams, it's not pretty at times. Mod16 was worded in such a way to convince it's better on developer blogs. However, removing this, this, this, this and adding this, this, this, this, is just downright not right at times; mostly bad ideas outcomes for gameplay.

I understand the envision removal because of the ridiculous outcome of seemingly of invulnerable with lifesteal and at-will encounters with recovery. However, the suggestion remains, it has to be somewhere! Perhaps gear itself? Without very few recovery (not stacked a bunch), shady preparations feat, and without lurkers assault as daily power, well urggh for the Rogue.

How can cooldowns work for DPS? ReducedCooldowns=DPS!

I understand balancing classes, however the thought process just is lost and creating a lot of stress for the players and all developers. Feats should be changed at any time.

I haven't given much for actual module 16 gameplay, since I haven't played it preview. However, watching videos, the concerns are quite dramatic as I watch the gameplay and hear all the concerned comments from streamers that upload their feedback.

Cryptic you tried, but for some reason there is a lot of lost to the game itself.

Some are good changes I guess? Companions. Something about passives?

Anyways what has improved, since day one of preview and how fast can it be changed? There seems to be a massive stress of horrible feedback.

I'm 30% satisfied with MODULE 16.
Post edited by mwk on

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Meh. Lifesteal was a "chance" you say - for endgame DPS, I believe the number to shoot for was 20%, which would pretty much keep them topped up through everything. Combined with hard-hitting encounter powers, there was never much reason to use potions, was there?

There is now. And they're on a cooldown, so yes, many players are going to have to (as the kids say) "L2P". No more charging in, and letting lifesteal cover the damage they'd take, no more standing in red, and letting AA soak damage. Mobs are going to be hitting us, and it's going to hurt, and players will want some way to make it hurt *less*.

Over the last few years, there has been a steady degradation in any sort of strategy required for most fights - you either win, or you wipe. Period. No communication was really needed, no strategy was really required beyond a couple of bosses. This mod is shifting the playstyle completely from "EZ-mode" to "Think first, act second", and that's going to be a painful shift for a number of players who aren't used to actually feeling much threat from anything but the highest powered mobs / bossses in the game, because things are actually going to be dangerous now.

Personally, I like it. If I wanted easy, I'd go enter cheat codes into Doom. Tales of the Old was some of the best fun I'd had in a while, and it's because there was actually some fair challenge to it. Play smart, and you'd (generally) be fine. Don't play smart, and you were punished for it. Mod16 continues that trend and mindset.
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You're missing a point here. Just have lifesteal and recovery on gear, not enchantments; that's the balance. Seems reasonable. At wills most of time? Ok that's just dumb. I'm looking at comments on YouTube and it's complaining across the board! Where is the variety of play? That's the public!

Diamond Feather (YouTube)
    Galactic Underwear (YouTube) day 3 of playing preview.

and I'll find some more! Look at comments and I can't post the videos on here, otherwise the TOS on forums is abused with slight foul language.

That's the real feedback.

Do some classes play well? Perhaps the cleric for example. However, it's not easy to manage on the rest of classes it seems by what I see.

Who thought was it for feats to be so shorten down and create the complete lost of variety of the game itself? Keep module 15 of what we have now please! Module 16 content is just content, but changing everything is...well your public has made statements...just foolish play.
    Post edited by mwk on