test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

each type of companion, fighter beast etc is supposed to have five at legendary IN THAT CATEGORY to get full bolstered stats (which I think I was told was a 30% increase in stats) but in reality it takes every pet you have in that category to get the full bonus. So if you have a tiger summoned at legendary in order to get the full bonus for leg pet you need to have every single beast in your beast category at leg.

it sounds like this is a bug. hopefully they fix it. and frankly I think it would be better if they just kept it at five leg pets across all the pet types. we've already invested in the five pets. it isn't right to change the rules again on us. especially since if we want to use the tiger sometimes and want to use something other than a beast at others.. that would mean we'd also have to have other categories at five pets in that category (if they fix it) or all the pets at leg.

if they don't fix it people are going to end up ditching their pets so t hey can get a bonus and they won't be buying more. that's bad for cryptic.. bad for us too since the new system makes it very easy to change around your pets at will.

Well the new system incentivizes you to have as many pets as possible, because each pet you own contributes to your summoned pet's effectiveness. How does that incentivize people to not buy new pets?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I apologize, I didnt state what I wanted to state accurately.. because.. well no coffee at the time.

What I am trying to state.. is its ridiculous that you have to have so many legendary pets.. and that the bonus is too high to start with.. 35% is ridiculous bolstering.

I apologize, I didnt state what I wanted to state accurately.. because.. well no coffee at the time.

What I am trying to state.. is its ridiculous that you have to have so many legendary pets.. and that the bonus is too high to start with.. 35% is ridiculous bolstering.

I could definitely see them implementing diminishing returns, but it sounds like they want the system to always give some benefit for every new legendary pet you get. Infinite things to acquire! Always room for advancement.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Can someone show a screenshot or list of how the companions are now "grouped".

What companions go into what groups?
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Think we got this but narrowing it down
    BUG:
    "TOP" Companion equipment slot is not universal/functioning (allows nothing I have at least.. which isn't much).
    Other two accepted and had choice of equipment

• silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    SUGGESTION: Make Legendary a bolster type. When a companion becomes Legendary, add Legendary as a second "type" or change its type to Legendary if that is not possible. That way the people who have upgraded multiple Legendary companions of different types can still get a combined bolstering benefit.</font
  • venetrix2#1417 venetrix2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Razorwood in Collections says +3 Null.

In addition, its bonus doesn't appear to actually do anything - no change to stats on the character sheet afaict
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    deleted
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    My apologies for the double post I didn't use the color scheme properly.

I know people won’t really care about this but I do, and it hurts.
    The Alphonse Knox pack was “sold” to us that this is the best comp. I mean yes it has 1k arm pen and 1k power and that makes it the “best” in stats. Plus it’s abilities are very good as well. What I don’t like is that in the new preview the Alphonse Knox is
    1) same stats as all the rest of the companions (no longer Bis)
    2) offensive slot (for characters who have 1 offence slot (gf/Pali) they are now forced to take this companion in their only slot because they don’t want to feel like a complete tool that the best companion and most rare companion is “worthless”

The hype that arc provided was this companion was super rare and amazing and took HUGE amounts of ad out of the game (potentially 3 billion ad)

Please I beg you... make Alphonse Knox, your lead character amazing again.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Has anyone had an issue with the client crashing when trying to swap out companion gear? I had no problem clicking on the empty slot to equip, but once equipped I could not swap one piece of gear out for another. I can't even click on the slot to bring up the manage runestone menu without the game crashing. It's a small annoyance but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

This is a known issue if the gear on your companion has any Reinforcements, and should be fixed in the next build if I recall the developer's comments correctly.

Until then, don't click on companion gear that has Reinforcements.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Everytime companion dies character lose all companion stats.
    lowjohn said:

Has anyone had an issue with the client crashing when trying to swap out companion gear? I had no problem clicking on the empty slot to equip, but once equipped I could not swap one piece of gear out for another. I can't even click on the slot to bring up the manage runestone menu without the game crashing. It's a small annoyance but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

This is a known issue if the gear on your companion has any Reinforcements, and should be fixed in the next build if I recall the developer's comments correctly.

Until then, don't click on companion gear that has Reinforcements.
    Oh, it's the reinforcements that cause it. Good to know.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @trialbyfire001 said:
    > My apologies for the double post I didn't use the color scheme properly.
    >
    > I know people won’t really care about this but I do, and it hurts.
    > The Alphonse Knox pack was “sold” to us that this is the best comp. I mean yes it has 1k arm pen and 1k power and that makes it the “best” in stats. Plus it’s abilities are very good as well. What I don’t like is that in the new preview the Alphonse Knox is
    > 1) same stats as all the rest of the companions (no longer Bis)
    > 2) offensive slot (for characters who have 1 offence slot (gf/Pali) they are now forced to take this companion in their only slot because they don’t want to feel like a complete tool that the best companion and most rare companion is “worthless”
    >
    > The hype that arc provided was this companion was super rare and amazing and took HUGE amounts of ad out of the game (potentially 3 billion ad)
    >
    > Please I beg you... make Alphonse Knox, your lead character amazing again.

While Alphonse Knox was never that amazing (the Chultan Tiger’s bonus was better in most situations except for power share characters, for whom sharing a tiny bit of extra power was statistically insignificant), I agree that he should be a tiny bit more special than he is, even if that translates to just 500 more stats or a unique enhancement bonus.

This affects very, very few players (I am not one of them), but I don’t see the harm in a miniscule tweak for all that AD spent.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Bolster : I've tried to find what bolster does but it doesn't seem to do anything.

It doesn't affect the companion's stats, nor the stats transfered to the character.

It may affect companion damage but I don't think so. It's not easy to test so I may have missed it.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Empowered runestones in jewelry on an augment does not give any HP to the character.
    artifleur said:

Bolster : I've tried to find what bolster does but it doesn't seem to do anything.

It doesn't affect the companion's stats, nor the stats transfered to the character.

It may affect companion damage but I don't think so. It's not easy to test so I may have missed it.

It's really frustrating if they're implementing this whole bolster mechanic, and then it just flat out has zero effect on augments.
  • typic#0732 typic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Bug: The buff 'Lava Galeb Duhr's Presence' doesnt work on how much damage you have been taken it works with how much hp you have and the damage isnt increased but it is decreased.

this is without galeb ->
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo deals 6830 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo deals 8247 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Crescendo deals 13487 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo deals 7884 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo deals 32468 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

this is with galeb ->
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Crescendo gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crescendo gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Target Dummy dodges your Crescendo.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Crescendo gives 0 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
  • vyerna#6781 vyerna Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I notice something strange inside the summon companion "inventory"
    I've got lot of for collectibles and i try to activate them all to test if there was a limit of space.

While i went to check the inventory this is what i looked
    Cattura

On Fighters -> 2 swashbuckler , one blue and one green
    On Creatures -> 2 phase spider , one blue and one green - 2 rimefire golem , one blue and one green

On the same char inventory i had 2 aranea too, both purple, and I managed to activate only one

Think need a check and repair for that.

• sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all,
    For those of you asking about the bind status of stored companions we are addressing the issue. Our intent is not to change the current status of the stored pet. We have also fixed the issue with bolster only looking at the first 5 companions in a category. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

On a side note, for those of you who are seeing a pet returned to you that is not bundled up into the new rewardpack style please send me your account and character name so we can investigate.

• sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer

Think we got this but narrowing it down
    BUG:
    "TOP" Companion equipment slot is not universal/functioning (allows nothing I have at least.. which isn't much).
    Other two accepted and had choice of equipment

This bug has been reported and is being looked in to. Thanks for the information. =)

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Hey all,
    For those of you asking about the bind status of stored companions we are addressing the issue. Our intent is not to change the current status of the stored pet. We have also fixed the issue with bolster only looking at the first 5 companions in a category. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

On a side note, for those of you who are seeing a pet returned to you that is not bundled up into the new rewardpack style please send me your account and character name so we can investigate.

Could you please tell us what bolster is supposed to do?

Hey all,

Can you clarify how/if Bolster has any effect on augments?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @devs Suggestion at least let players have the flexibility of choosing / placing / slotting companions offensive defensive and utility in any combination that they like. and not let that be locked in / dictated based on thier class

do unified companions slot types change if the player picks a different role or paragon dps / heals / support ... nope ..then
    why should they be locked based on thier class . at least let player use what they have acquired/ invested in in any combo they like. to make any build or role flexibility they want .

i can understand lumping companions in group types tho. for bonuses
    My only comment about the companion bonus power things is that the collection/tooltip for the companion should make it clear what type of power it is.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Maybe I missed a dev response somewhere in this crazy mad flurry of M16 posts, but I haven't read an official response yet to the question of Companion Bounding in M16.

IS the current behavior on Preview - that ALL companions in a given character's inventory are instantly converted to Bound to Character - an intended feature, or a bug/coding mistake? Can we PLEASE get an answer from the devs!

Maybe I missed a dev response somewhere in this crazy mad flurry of M16 posts, but I haven't read an official response yet to the question of Companion Bounding in M16.

IS the current behavior on Preview - that ALL companions in a given character's inventory are instantly converted to Bound to Character - an intended feature, or a bug/coding mistake? Can we PLEASE get an answer from the devs!

It's being looked into. The goal is not to change the binding status of companions going into mod 16.
  • dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User

FFS, we deserve something for all the millions spent on upgrading companions that is rendered all but useless in some cases.

And I doubt that the 35% bonus will be game-breaking in any way...
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    BAD BUG!!!!! Please fix this before Mod 16 goes live or everyone will rage at this one!
    I have a toon that stores companions, all unbound, some duplicates, some she already has... the ENTIRE bag now in test server ALL companions bound to character! BAD! Again please fix this! These companions should not be bound all of a sudden when they were bind on equip not pick up!
    If this was mentioned previously I apologize for the repeat but this find did not make me happy...
  • psiskullpsiskull Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Companion rarely follows me after combat.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The Alpha Compy no longer summoned friends. Just the 1 which isn't very effective. It's description still says the same thing, that it summons friends but none are spawning.