test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions concerning Mod 16 and the Foundry

iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
Here's some concerns percolating from within the Foundry Community: How are all of these backend changes to mechanics going to affect the editor and existing quests? Is this something that was tested during the alpha period? Should the Foundry Community expect a "bumpy ride" with concern to the return of functionality and reestablishing the existing quest catalog? (These have been asked on another medium, but have been posted here for any official replies.) @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
"I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    The Foundry is not available on Preview or I would test this myself. I can tell you that so far, my characters are not impeded by any resistance. I was worried I would come back to Barovia and get my butt kicked hard. I assume this all translates that combat driven Foundries will be a cake walk unless they upgrade the enemies.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    pretya said:

kreatyve said:
    This really pisses me off. How many ressources does the foundry really take, considering that Cryptic didn't invent much features for the foundry anyways. So many authors built so many wonderful quests and maps, spent hours, days and weeks to create beautiful things for other players. Maps that were more impressing than the ones created by the game designers out of (sometimes) scrap! This is so damn unfair.

Many people suggested different solutions to get the foundry the attention that it deserves... and none of them was picked up or seemingly not even tried. And all they/ we get is a cloak. Oh please come on Cryptic... just put this pixel-thingie where the sun never shines.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to shop around for another game I think. 50% of my interest in NW and STO was the foundry. I'd say we should ask them to reconsider, but I doubt it would make a difference.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I came here right after reading the news. I suppose I can't be very surprised but it still feels like a blow. It is disappointing the stream is so rushed (the day of the announcement?). I'll try and make it if I can.

The foundry community has been one of the most helpful and kind I've encountered in any game. I'll miss you all.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well, this answers why @mimicking pointedly ignored every Foundry-related question during the last livestream.

I'll make it a point to be there for the livestream. I'm going to deeply miss my quest. It has been one of the places I would sometimes go to relax. I wish I knew how to record a run through so it could at least live on somewhere.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    I've published WIP versions of the other quests I had started. I don't have much if anything to do before the new mod, so perhaps I'll try to finish at least one so you can all experience it before the end.

Buried Under Blacklake NW-DEDV2PAEP
    Blood Magic NW-DUU2P7HCO
    The Redcap Rebels NW-DO23AFHFH
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    What an absolutely pathetic decision.
    edited March 2019
    *sob* I jut re-ran my quest -- I'm going to miss it. @Locksheon , if you would do a stream of Cap Snatchers, I would greatly appreciate it. I hope I'll be able to download it afterward.
  • warrfb#9532 warrfb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    > @pretya said:

>
    > This really pisses me off. How many ressources does the foundry really take, considering that Cryptic didn't invent much features for the foundry anyways. So many authors built so many wonderful quests and maps, spent hours, days and weeks to create beautiful things for other players. Maps that were more impressing than the ones created by the game designers out of (sometimes) scrap! This is so damn unfair.
    >
    > Many people suggested different solutions to get the foundry the attention that it deserves... and none of them was picked up or seemingly not even tried. And all they/ we get is a cloak. Oh please come on Cryptic... just put this pixel-thingie where the sun never shines.

If not for these news i wouldnt even care to have a forum account.

I been playing this game since back when we had 4/5 classes and only one brand of ELF race. Sadly i only play foundries back then, only tried my hand at authoring a while back. Been spending the last two months (maybe more? i lost count of time, I was still in my previous guild) working on a foundry campaign. Im still half done and I read this. I first took the first word and I was smiling because i thought we had finally gotten a foundry update. then I loaded it and bam.

All i can say is that i wish i had tried authoring a few years ago, back when the majority of ppl really were into it. It feels weird finishing my project now but I will still give it a try.

As for resources im LOLing here too, they just dont want the arrrzzle of adapting the foundry system to the new changes anymore as the new changes are so huge. Plus they admitted to the "legacy knowledge required to updating the foundry to mod 16 being unavailable". We all know what that means, they fired the guys who could do it long ago, or the guys just stood up and left.

BTW, no cloak here, nor title. They cheated me even on that.

NWo isnt really a winner in my opinion at ANY of its features, all it had to make it unique as an online game was the foundry. If they would rather be a 19th place at mainstream gamer values than being a 1st place at roleplaying and player design, let them, I am out of here as soon as that "Sunset" gives room to night.