test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Preview One Shot Bug (Chicken companion)

isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
Using the chicken companion power "Chicken's Instincts" will cause mobs to automatically dealing over 150-500k damage at at time.

[5:58] [Combat (Self)] Necromancer deals 348480 (436120) Physical Damage to you with Cleave.

[6:05] [Combat (Self)] Skeletal Archer deals 152055 (219779) Physical Damage to you with Quick Shot.

[6:06] [Combat (Self)] Gravemaster deals 180119 (225469) Physical Damage to you with Slam.

[6:06] [Combat (Self)] Demilich deals 110590 (138434) Necrotic Damage to you with Life Drain.

This would happen after every proc of the power.

Comments

• hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    My dude thank you a lot, u just made my day.
    I was close to stop playing on preview, cuz i got one shot buy every dmn minion in the game.

Did look at my companions and what did i see there, this stupid bird.

Dmn i was close to kick my pally out of the window, cuz i could find anything after 10 or more respecs

Edit: may be this should be a sticky post till it got fixed
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User

My dude thank you a lot, u just made my day.
    I was close to stop playing on preview, cuz i got one shot buy every dmn minion in the game.

Did look at my companions and what did i see there, this stupid bird.

Dmn i was close to kick my pally out of the window, cuz i could find anything after 10 or more respecs

Edit: may be this should be a sticky post till it got fixed

I was trying to understand why this module was so hard ^^. Spread the word about this bug and glad to help haha.
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Sorry didnt see this post and I started another. Can confirm that with Chicken Instincts placed in DEF slot of Companions Active it magnifies enemies damage every 30 seconds. Test in BLacklack 30 base damage turns into 2777 damage, this scales in damage. Tried to duplicate this on GF as well, but on test Chicken Instinct is not an option on the Fighter, but I did add the chicken from test, the OP i was running already had it when it was copied.

Correction on damage dealt, it scales because I was actually seeing damage as 1.2M, so I believe it scales with the area, once removed things go back to normal.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I had the chicken power equipped. I'd been getting one shotted by huntsman doing far more damage to me than my hp. I decided to do another look at my comp gear to see if I could bolster my defenses at all and saw the chicken equipped so unequipped it. went back to where I was and the repeated ridiculous numbers from the hunts men went from 2300000 to 2087 weird bug
    maybe this won't be quite as frustrating with that information lol
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I can confirm this bug. @sgrantdev
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    It does make for a lot of frustration for people who do not know.. share the info around!