test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    adinosii said:

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.

I think the point about the ID scrolls, that it would be nice to get something instead of them for the VIPs.....maybe just a few bound healing potions per day or something like that.
    Or why not scrolls of life ?
    Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Dungeons on playtest are far too easy. I can still solo most dungeons without any chance of dying.

For example, eLoL:

Their work on dungeon are yet to complete as stated in the Official M16 - Overview.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246302/official-m16-overview
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

marnival said:

Let the players decide how they want to play the characters may it be something between like a hybrid, may it lean more toward dps with a tanky side etc.

As it is now setting up these 2 path with this limited selection of horrible(sorry but they are) feats tied to certain powers is just much of boxing in something that has non.

Best

The problem of letting the player decide is that they like to cheese. That's what happening now, giving too much synergy between powers creates whole loads of buff stacking up upon each other. Ultimately causing huge broken number that insta kill bosses. What the developer does now is to prevent that from ever happening.

After studying the HR class for a while in preview, I can say they did a pretty good job. Although, there are no more archer, combat or trapper tree anymore, the element to those play style are still there. U can still build a trapper out of both paragon. Although they are less powerful, but they are well balanced. The Hunter path are given the damage ( thorn root ) but u cant spam as much while Warden path are given cooldown reduction ( swiftness of fox ) but u no longer have the DoT from Thorn root for extra damage. Its like choosing between Speed or Power instead of being overpowered by having them both. It also further enhance the uniqueness of both paragon.

If u view it from the game balance perspective, its for the best of the game as player can no longer able create an overly powerful build to cheese over the game. Our performance might not be as before but at least we don't have to complain about the game being too easy or some broken meta. Anyway, the system they implement are still new and there are still plenty of room to grow. Most importantly, they are in the right direction to prevent broken meta.
    What you are saying is the hole reason for this change and yes it was needed.

However the implementation of HOW you make the change is not only adjusting the metabuilds it REMOVES the character building all together.

Making such a huge change is never without resistance and players that will disslike it. BUT when you change the CORE of HOW players and why players play the game the change can be to much.

The feats are reduced and simplyfied i a MASSIVE way allready, the boon system is simplifyed, the selection of stats is simplyfied etc etc reducing the ability to shoose how you PLAY and BUILD your character is just to much.

There is no room for the meta builds you adress in this new system with the change to stats and companions EVEN if you remove the 2 path and feats tied to encounters that limits the character build to something for young children.

Add to that a very slow combat system that forces you to click useless at wills for 20 sec only to hit 3-4 buttons every now and then this game is changing from theorycrafting and flowing combat to a simple shoot out game where all have the same build using the same set up with encounters/powers - BECAUSE THE FEAT/ENCOUNTERS ARE TO LIMITED TO ALLOW ANY VARIATION.

I do agree that something had to be done about the current situation with full health or dead scenario and how the debuff/buff worked but this is to much remove everything and dumb down what is left so that nothing are left for the players to shoose from.

Best
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    kangkeok said:

Their work on dungeon are yet to complete as stated in the Official M16 - Overview.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246302/official-m16-overview

From that thread

If you find any bosses that feel out of place too easy, too hard, or too grindy compared to the dungeon they're in, please let us know.

And all except CN feel this way, including the new dungeon. The mob packs can easily be soloed in the new dungeon, even by non tanks.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

ilithyn said:

asterdahl said:

Aaaaannnnd sooo…. the Masterwork weapons and artifact gear are obsolete now. Again. Not to mention the rings/neck/waist pieces that can no longer be put on companions. Just like all the pessimists predicted with the Mod 15 professions overhaul. Why did you bother?

The CTA weapons are even more obsolete, and if I have my IL reckoning right, so are the Tales of Old artifact sets.

I was really hoping you wouldn’t do that. The IL boost to the MW weapons seemed to leave enough room to “fill in” spaces between them and primals, as the CTA weapons seemed to be doing. But no. The Undermountain weapons are not only stronger than MW III weapons, but *much* stronger (~30% at green).

You could have added a Mythic level to weapons and artifact gear, that could only be unlocked once your character was level 80.

Or just kept the level cap at 70, since Item Level long ago effectively replaced character level, and raising the cap doesn’t change that.

There will be new masterwork recipes in the future. With a level cap increase, you're going to replace your old equipment all at once, I know this can be a bit frustrating—we don't do it lightly. However, I think it would be even more unexpected if your level 70 equipment were still best in slot when you hit level 80.
    Well, you could increase level requirement for masterwork weapons to 80 and increase item level of said weapons to be on par with new weapons.

This way when people login theirs weapons would be automatically unequipped from theirs level 70 characters and they would have to wait until 80 to re-equip them.

I bet they would prefer using a subpar replacement weapon from 70 to 80 than to feel that all AD spent last mod (to buy +1 weapons) only had endgame utility for one mod.
    Precisely this. I can't tell if @asterdahl is deliberately misreading or just flooded with information. No one is talking about 1-2 mod old weapons ect still being bis, we're talking about the heavy investments we've made being rendered completely useless and nonviable for endgame play at all over night. It's literally destroying every investment we've done into equipment, telling us to just start over without any compensation. It's not that weapons ects are no longer bis, we know damn well that every single mod will likely have something that's better and the ones that chases bis will go off after the new shiny, while the rest of us happily lag a few mods behind. That is something we can no longer do. We have to start chasing all new weapons ect and invest heavily, whether we want to or not, keeping older gear and being a bit sub par but still able to play, is something that cannot be done.

And don't even start me on companions and their equipment, that's the biggest flip off of a playerbase I've seen in quite a while in an mmo. Maybe not the biggest ever, but along with everything else it's really impressive.
    Sorry, it's definitely the latter—I am not deliberately attempting to misread your feedback, there's just a lot of it. Masterwork is a very touchy subject, but whenever I've waded into the discussion, I've always said the same thing, which in this case, is not something that you're going to want to hear: equipment is equipment. Whether you obtain it via the auction house from a masterwork crafter, from a dungeon, or a trial—there will be a time when that equipment is replaced, and that's all there is to it.

We won't be doing anything specific to allow you to "recoup your losses," for buying masterwork items. Please only buy masterwork equipment if you are prepared for the fact that you are buying equipment which will be outdated after a few modules. Masterwork equipment is meant to be a way to obtain very competitive equipment from other players using in-game currency, as opposed to completing difficult content to obtain it. It is not meant to specifically have a long lifespan than other equipment.

That being said, when we did overhaul the entire professions system, we did increase the item level of all masterwork recipes—and I apologize if this gave anyone the sense that we were setting a precedent for raising the item level of masterwork items. This is something I would like to avoid ever doing again, but it was unavoidable at the time as not doing it would have put masterwork items in an extremely bizarre spot as were were making item level 400 equipment available from basic recipes. We're not aiming to do any completely redesigns of the professions system again that would require such drastic measures.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. I do appreciate your feedback.
    I am much less concerned with existing MW items becoming useless than I am with the absence of new future masterwork-or even basic-recipes that are useful.

Even something as simple as level 80 shirt/pants and level 80 blue gear that is craftable would be a huge improvement to "all professions equipment ends at level 70."

Heck, even just higher level reinforcement kits would help. ANYTHING to make professions worthwhile. I know a lot of people act like the last professions change killed professions, but as someone who continually makes a fair amount of AD every day through it, I can assure you that it's not. But that's only because there's viable gear that can be made through both basic and masterwork paths.

I mean, I won't like the grind to Masterwork VI, but at least having completed Masterwork V I can do it. So we need assurances there'll be a Masterwork VI! Otherwise why did I spend 8 mil AD on this Forgehammer?
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    marnival said:

What you are saying is the hole reason for this change and yes it was needed.

However the implementation of HOW you make the change is not only adjusting the metabuilds it REMOVES the character building all together.

Making such a huge change is never without resistance and players that will disslike it. BUT when you change the CORE of HOW players and why players play the game the change can be to much.

The feats are reduced and simplyfied i a MASSIVE way allready, the boon system is simplifyed, the selection of stats is simplyfied etc etc reducing the ability to shoose how you PLAY and BUILD your character is just to much.

There is no room for the meta builds you adress in this new system with the change to stats and companions EVEN if you remove the 2 path and feats tied to encounters that limits the character build to something for young children.

Add to that a very slow combat system that forces you to click useless at wills for 20 sec only to hit 3-4 buttons every now and then this game is changing from theorycrafting and flowing combat to a simple shoot out game where all have the same build using the same set up with encounters/powers - BECAUSE THE FEAT/ENCOUNTERS ARE TO LIMITED TO ALLOW ANY VARIATION.

I do agree that something had to be done about the current situation with full health or dead scenario and how the debuff/buff worked but this is to much remove everything and dumb down what is left so that nothing are left for the players to shoose from.

Best

In my opinion, the CORE has been build on the wrong foundation and the player already gotten themselves too used to it. The meta has been known to be a problem to the game so naturally the developer would leave no room for meta build or any type of cheese build. I have only played HR class on preview so i cant say about other classes. But from my experience with HR class, they did a pretty good job on letting us to brainstorm on our option.

Take my previous quote on trapper as an example. In preview, they are letting HR player to choose between thorn root and swiftness of fox. Both are essential for a trapper to deal damage. Compared to live server, people will surely pick both and all the best feat no doubt. What's there of a variety when u can just pick all?

That's why the developer are putting the best feat side by side for player to brainstorm on which to pick. With the new system, player could come out with at least 2 balanced trapper build instead of the 1 commonly best trapper build of all time. The choice of build are there, its just that players are too used to their previous single ultimate build that overpowered all other.

As for gameplay wise, I believe they initially design the at-will to be used more frequently than the encounter. They just went back on their root in my opinion.
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Not sure what class these belong too
    BUG:
    Immolation spirits: These little guys lost everywhere, gather by exits. A few just sitting around in zone.

• marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    General feedback: UI / HUD display

Now that we are in the era of healing players, it would be good if the UI / HUD display can be amended so that player health frames can be moved to be underneath the player character's avatar.

Although you can shift them around in the Rearrange HUD option, they are incredibly large and seem to be stuck in a vertical format, so won't go where I want them to be.

In other MMORPGs, I've always moved raid health frames to be just underneath my character, but above the skills / abilities.

In addition, it's not clear to me how in a format larger than a party of 5 players, e.g. Tiamat, how you are meant to see easily see the health of people in other groups.

Can we consider resizing player frames etc. for the LIVE version.
    edited March 2019
    n my opinion, the CORE has been build on the wrong foundation and the player already gotten themselves too used to it. The meta has been known to be a problem to the game so naturally the developer would leave no room for meta build or any type of cheese build. I have only player HR class on preview so i cant say about other classes. But from my experience with HR class, they did a pretty good job on letting us to brainstorm on our option.

IF you have a game weather it wrong or not the CORE has been here for 5+years and made a rather successfull game, weather you say it on the wrong fundation is more a matter of opinion. I do however agree that the current power up where you got 1 shotted or was at full health needed to be addressed

Take my previous quote on trapper as an example. In preview, they are letting HR player to choose between thorn root and swiftness of fox. Both are essential for a trapper to deal damage. Compared to live server, people will surely pick both and all the best feat no doubt. What's there of a variety when u can just pick all?

The variation does not come from weather you can pick 2 good or have to shoose 1 and pick one that is bad.
    The varation comes from how you build your character around meele, range, more damage, more survivability, more control, faster enounters etc etc and there is NO ROOM For that as the feat themself are glued in to different use of powers and not about how you shoose to build your character.

That's why the developer are putting the best feat side by side for player to brainstorm on which to pick. With the new system, player could come out with at least 2 balanced trapper build instead of the 1 commonly best trapper build of all time. The choice of build are there, its just that players are too used to their previous single ultimate build that overpowered all other.

There is no brainstorming it is one or the other, either you like to play meele or you like to go range then there is only so much to pick from making it very basic how you set up the feats/powers.
    Go try out gf/pal and lets see how much variation you can come up with in form of making different valid builds that are performing the same - take it as a challange :-).

As for gameplay wise, I believe they initially design the at-will to be used more frequently than the encounter. They just went back on their root in my opinion.

Yes I agree, now lets see before i spammed my encounters non stop made few at wills between at most(non with my Hr ofc) NOW i stand still spam at wills for 20 sec press 3 buttons and goes back to spamming at wills that at best tickle the mobs for another 20 sec.

Arguing that they went back to the root might be fine and dandy but hey changing the gameplay from fast and fluid to slow and brainnumbing might be a tad to much....

Best
  • jehzir#4444 jehzir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Barovia, Yester Hill Heroic Encounter. Barbarian's are not scaled properly based on not being a GOLD ELITE mob.
  • gunk#7763 gunk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    OK guys, I am going to attempt to be as non abrasive as possible, BUT rage is the first emotion your new mod brings out, I log in and within 5 min i'm so pissed off over how badly things are broken, I quit. I am sure you think well who is this bozo, telling us something broken, give us examples. 16kIL OP cant handle 3 trash mobs, the damage is ridiculous 3 TRASH MOBS, how am i supposed to handle a boss, when i cant stand up to 3 TRASH MOBS!!!, 30 % reduced damage when they last mod, THE VERY LAST MOD!!! you just raised their pathetic damage in the first place!!!, I have been gaming since 2000(EQ,DAOC,WoW, so on so forth), I have watched numerous games spasm out their death throes, and moved on, that exact what this mod is, 95% reduction in populations(guarantee it) with in 60 days of release of mod 16 unless there are HUGE, and i mean HUGE changes to this unbelievable ridiculous mod, you guys have come up with. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO????? if kill the game is the goal ur, the you are spot on, otherwise go back to drawing boards before u totally and utterly kill this game off for good.You are ruining the game mechanics with the overhaul of tank/heals, have any of you actually ever played a end game dungeon in a character below 17k IL????????????, have you ever even played this game period???? Wake up before it is too late, you are not only going to ruin PC your going to loose both consoles as well. I challenge you to go to Youtube or twitch and view what the players are saying. Social media tells u exactly what u need to know. I am done, so whether u allow this to be seen is on you, but I hope that at least you read and take to heart, what I am saying. Your Tank/Heal changes do NOT work in any fashion, what so ever. the game lies in your hands, do with it what u will, Good Luck, you will need it.

Gunk Stonehand
    AkA
    Joe

a passionate 5 year + player, who has spent my hard earned cash on this game in an attempt to support it, and this mod feels like a big fat FU to all the players like myself, I am not a whale by any stretch, I have always taken up for the Dev and directions of the game, up to this point, I can no longer remain in your corner, Please prove me wrong and change my mind, I don't want to play anything else, but i wont be playing this game any longer unless u fix what you are doing right now.

updating to Mod 16 being broken.

Mod 15, can solo any dungeon from CN down to T1, ALL of them on GWF and OP, OP on Mod 16 preview 4 deaths getting to first boss, 2 to the golem WITH my sheild down, and 2 to the 5 man pack with the archer gwf and 3 rogues, one shotted 2 times with my sheild down, I COULD SOLO ORCUS FFS, I played for 5 years getting to that point, and in one mod BAM FU LOLOLO OP suck now. stop asking if HAMSTER too easy, NOT ONE FREAKING THING IS TOO EASY, PAY ATTN!!!!
    Post edited by gunk#7763 on
  • khlawkhlaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User

There is something broken about the severity of incoming critical hits which is causing the 1-shot kills to any class with any level of mitigation or defense. I was fighting in a Terminus runic event and this happened:

[Combat (Self)] Lesser Hellthorn Golem deals 13155 (29155) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

[Combat (Self)] Your Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 damage from Lesser Hellthorn Golem's Melee Attack.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Lesser Hellthorn Golem deals 2070893 (2070894) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

The Golem, with it's normal melee attack, hit me for 29155 damage. That's manageable and sounds about right. When the same melee attack critically hits, it hits me for SEVENTY ONE TIMES (x71), or 7100% the normal damage.

• muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

As someone who spent around $600 on the game in November on companion upgrade and other things, I dislike this update because of the money I spent on my characters was for a mere 3-6 months if that. After dropping that amount down I figured that what I just dropped into my character would last me a good year or more but not so. Instead all of that money I spent was a complete waste. I'm not the only one in that boat and it is quite frustrating to know I spent so much on this game and you simply are ruining what I paid towards on my characters.

With that said and after testing out the update I feel like Cryptic owes a refund to anyone that spent real world money on buying items in this game; basically anyone that bought zen and converted it into AD and acquire anything from the AH. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will feel like this given what you are doing to the game. Please explain how you will compensate players who spent real world money to buy zen to acquire AD to upgrade their companions and other things that are now worthless?

How are those worthless? Did you try new system? You can use companion powers and quality rank affects of specific companion type affects summoned companion. Here is good overview: http://nwo.tbotr.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35

Of course one would argue that if you focused your money to upgrade specific companion that was completely reworked in m16 you somehow lose your money. But still even if release of the game will be in april you was able to use your companion for at least 5 months. No one should expect any in game purchase would be worth the same forever (maybe with exception for comestic /services). For exampe I invested 20 mil in january to buy masterwork for my and my family toons.. and soon it's going to null ;) But it's mmorpg and I play it for fun so it's not big deal. I can assure I would still buy those mw items even if I knew about M16 back in January because I would still use it for next few months.
    khlaw said:

There is something broken about the severity of incoming critical hits which is causing the 1-shot kills to any class with any level of mitigation or defense. I was fighting in a Terminus runic event and this happened:

[Combat (Self)] Lesser Hellthorn Golem deals 13155 (29155) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

[Combat (Self)] Your Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 damage from Lesser Hellthorn Golem's Melee Attack.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Lesser Hellthorn Golem deals 2070893 (2070894) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

The Golem, with it's normal melee attack, hit me for 29155 damage. That's manageable and sounds about right. When the same melee attack critically hits, it hits me for SEVENTY ONE TIMES (x71), or 7100% the normal damage.

To me that sounds like someone moved a decimal point in its crit severity: instead of +75% it's +7500% and then there's some base multiplier of +/- 50% on the base damage.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    gunk#7763 said:

OK guys, I am going to attempt to be as non abrasive as possible, BUT rage is the first emotion your new mod brings out, I log in and within 5 min i'm so pissed off over how badly things are broken, I quit. I am sure you think well who is this bozo, telling us something broken, give us examples. 16kIL OP cant handle 3 trash mobs, the damage is ridiculous 3 TRASH MOBS, how am i supposed to handle a boss, when i cant stand up to 3 TRASH MOBS!!!, 30 % reduced damage when they last mod, THE VERY LAST MOD!!! you just raised their pathetic damage in the first place!!!, I have been gaming since 2000(EQ,DAOC,WoW, so on so forth), I have watched numerous games spasm out their death throes, and moved on, that exact what this mod is, 95% reduction in populations(guarantee it) with in 60 days of release of mod 16 unless there are HUGE, and i mean HUGE changes to this unbelievable ridiculous mod, you guys have come up with. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO????? if kill the game is the goal ur, the you are spot on, otherwise go back to drawing boards before u totally and utterly kill this game off for good.You are ruining the game mechanics with the overhaul of tank/heals, have any of you actually ever played a end game dungeon in a character below 17k IL????????????, have you ever even played this game period???? Wake up before it is too late, you are not only going to ruin PC your going to loose both consoles as well. I challenge you to go to Youtube or twitch and view what the players are saying. Social media tells u exactly what u need to know. I am done, so whether u allow this to be seen is on you, but I hope that at least you read and take to heart, what I am saying. Your Tank/Heal changes do NOT work in any fashion, what so ever. the game lies in your hands, do with it what u will, Good Luck, you will need it.

Gunk Stonehand
    AkA
    Joe

a passionate 5 year + player, who has spent my hard earned cash on this game in an attempt to support it, and this mod feels like a big fat FU to all the players like myself, I am not a whale by any stretch, I have always taken up for the Dev and directions of the game, up to this point, I can no longer remain in your corner, Please prove me wrong and change my mind, I don't want to play anything else, but i wont be playing this game any longer unless u fix what you are doing right now.

Some of the mobs are bugged and deal way more damage that it should. Mostly in scaling areas (like stronghold. Or anything below 80 lvl now). That could be reason you couldn't handle those 3 mobs.
    marnival said:

No, this module is not about rebalancing. It is about drastically reducing the complexity of the game, such that it becomes accessible to kids spending their parents money on open-world FPS. I could live with having my character overhauled, but I can't live with the changing in philosophy of the entire game. ...

+1 I think this pretty much summons it up........
    Quotes like this actually make me want to like this mod, because it's basically just throwing around elitism. Making the game accessible to more people is a good thing, and if I think objections to Mod 16 are basically all just gatekeeping, I'm going to become a Mod 16 apologist SO fast.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    The arms position on Arcane Whirlwind default pose is wrong. Unforgivable!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @muminekm#3459 said:
    >
    >
    > Some of the mobs are bugged and deal way more damage that it should. Mostly in scaling areas (like stronghold. Or anything below 80 lvl now). That could be reason you couldn't handle those 3 mobs.

There is also a bug with the Chicken active causing players to get 1 shot. If you own one and didn't alteady check/assign pet powers, it could have been automatically slotted in.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Dungeons on playtest are far too easy. I can still solo most dungeons without any chance of dying.

For example, eLoL:

I think to resolve this issue the devs should come up with clamping the player stat when running dungeons. If you are above a certain IL your stats are modify downward to the highest reasonable IL determine by the devs.

To make it easier for the devs simply take the minimum IL to get into the content and multiple it by 1.25; anything above that will be adjusted. A 10K dungeon would allow up to 12.5 IL and anything greater than that you stats are lower to that wonderful 12.5K il. Now how far would you go if that was the case? Probably not that far as your stats would be lower than if you are say 18K+ il.
    edited March 2019

Elitism wanting to play something that has more then one option standing still and hitting 4 keys, wow dident see that comming.

But nevertheless I hope your experiance is a good one and for all others that like to keep thinking for oneself to a minimum and enjoy playing a game in in such a simple way as possible I am sure this change will do wonders.

I can only hope for the sake of the game that most of the playerbase agree with you on this, however if you read the threads (go pal thread) I am inclined to lean toward that what you call elitism is more that most players like the game better when it was giving a lot more variations in both ways of playing and how to set up your characters.

Best
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    nah...pls dele this
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

As someone who spent around $600 on the game in November on companion upgrade and other things, I dislike this update because of the money I spent on my characters was for a mere 3-6 months if that. After dropping that amount down I figured that what I just dropped into my character would last me a good year or more but not so. Instead all of that money I spent was a complete waste. I'm not the only one in that boat and it is quite frustrating to know I spent so much on this game and you simply are ruining what I paid towards on my characters.

With that said and after testing out the update I feel like Cryptic owes a refund to anyone that spent real world money on buying items in this game; basically anyone that bought zen and converted it into AD and acquire anything from the AH. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will feel like this given what you are doing to the game. Please explain how you will compensate players who spent real world money to buy zen to acquire AD to upgrade their companions and other things that are now worthless?

How are those worthless? Did you try new system? You can use companion powers and quality rank affects of specific companion type affects summoned companion. Here is good overview: http://nwo.tbotr.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35

Of course one would argue that if you focused your money to upgrade specific companion that was completely reworked in m16 you somehow lose your money. But still even if release of the game will be in april you was able to use your companion for at least 5 months. No one should expect any in game purchase would be worth the same forever (maybe with exception for comestic /services). For exampe I invested 20 mil in january to buy masterwork for my and my family toons.. and soon it's going to null ;) But it's mmorpg and I play it for fun so it's not big deal. I can assure I would still buy those mw items even if I knew about M16 back in January because I would still use it for next few months.
    First and foremost, I have been a coming here for a while stating that the game needed a revamp. It is good to see that the devs are listening and trying to revamp the game. However, coming from other games where the devs did revamp they never fully removed the core mechanics behind how we play our characters. They modify how stats or gear, etc work but not modify the core of how characters are played. That is a big issue especially since it went from providing us multiple ways of creating our character down to 2 ways. Add to this change that combat went from being fast and engaging to slow and boring.

Part of the core for our character was our companion active bonus and what the devs are doing is a complete change here that many higher IL players will find annoying because now we have to figure out which is going to be best for the way we plan to play. That changes the core of our character beyond the devs simply making things easier with the changes to feats. I agree with the other changes for companion with gear and runestones though I have zero runestones other than my bondings ATM.

Next up is combat; NWO had a very fast and engaging combat. Combat has slowed down quite a bit and I found it more tedious than fun. It became super repetitive and boring with each fight. In fact it is now worst than ESO combat. In fact ESO combat now feels more fluid and engaging than NWO combat. That to me is a big miss by the devs. The more I played and engaged enemies the more frustrated I got the longer I played. Than needing to wait between battles to ensure my encounters were ready to go for the next set of 3 mobs was absolutely horrible.

I agree something needed to be done but this update from what I see is actually worst than what mod 6 offered. It is a complete uturn; especially with the game going on year 6. I would have simply remade the game and call it NWO2 Mod 1 and left it like that and state that players who played this game would get ABC in the new NWO game as NWO the original would be shut down at X time. But instead they are calling it mod 16 and it is what it is.

Since the mod is still in test I'm going to wait and see what happens when it goes live and what type of updates the devs will do. Since I play mostly on console, so I got a bit more time but if there aren't any updates that would improve the game play or combat than I have other avenues to spend my money towards.

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

What campfire functionality are you looking for? It should be possible to change load outs and do most other things anywhere in the Yawning Portal.
    Invoking, wasn't allowed to

Also how about VIP on the test server so we can see what's changed with say identify scrolls.

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.
    To see if they've simply short changed us on months of VIP I have left that I bought, the ID scrolls (meaning I could sell most I dropped) being a part of that investment, or were giving anything else instead.

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

ilithyn said:

asterdahl said:

Aaaaannnnd sooo…. the Masterwork weapons and artifact gear are obsolete now. Again. Not to mention the rings/neck/waist pieces that can no longer be put on companions. Just like all the pessimists predicted with the Mod 15 professions overhaul. Why did you bother?

The CTA weapons are even more obsolete, and if I have my IL reckoning right, so are the Tales of Old artifact sets.

I was really hoping you wouldn’t do that. The IL boost to the MW weapons seemed to leave enough room to “fill in” spaces between them and primals, as the CTA weapons seemed to be doing. But no. The Undermountain weapons are not only stronger than MW III weapons, but *much* stronger (~30% at green).

You could have added a Mythic level to weapons and artifact gear, that could only be unlocked once your character was level 80.

Or just kept the level cap at 70, since Item Level long ago effectively replaced character level, and raising the cap doesn’t change that.

There will be new masterwork recipes in the future. With a level cap increase, you're going to replace your old equipment all at once, I know this can be a bit frustrating—we don't do it lightly. However, I think it would be even more unexpected if your level 70 equipment were still best in slot when you hit level 80.
    Well, you could increase level requirement for masterwork weapons to 80 and increase item level of said weapons to be on par with new weapons.

This way when people login theirs weapons would be automatically unequipped from theirs level 70 characters and they would have to wait until 80 to re-equip them.

I bet they would prefer using a subpar replacement weapon from 70 to 80 than to feel that all AD spent last mod (to buy +1 weapons) only had endgame utility for one mod.
    Precisely this. I can't tell if @asterdahl is deliberately misreading or just flooded with information. No one is talking about 1-2 mod old weapons ect still being bis, we're talking about the heavy investments we've made being rendered completely useless and nonviable for endgame play at all over night. It's literally destroying every investment we've done into equipment, telling us to just start over without any compensation. It's not that weapons ects are no longer bis, we know damn well that every single mod will likely have something that's better and the ones that chases bis will go off after the new shiny, while the rest of us happily lag a few mods behind. That is something we can no longer do. We have to start chasing all new weapons ect and invest heavily, whether we want to or not, keeping older gear and being a bit sub par but still able to play, is something that cannot be done.

And don't even start me on companions and their equipment, that's the biggest flip off of a playerbase I've seen in quite a while in an mmo. Maybe not the biggest ever, but along with everything else it's really impressive.
    Sorry, it's definitely the latter—I am not deliberately attempting to misread your feedback, there's just a lot of it. Masterwork is a very touchy subject, but whenever I've waded into the discussion, I've always said the same thing, which in this case, is not something that you're going to want to hear: equipment is equipment. Whether you obtain it via the auction house from a masterwork crafter, from a dungeon, or a trial—there will be a time when that equipment is replaced, and that's all there is to it.

We won't be doing anything specific to allow you to "recoup your losses," for buying masterwork items. Please only buy masterwork equipment if you are prepared for the fact that you are buying equipment which will be outdated after a few modules. Masterwork equipment is meant to be a way to obtain very competitive equipment from other players using in-game currency, as opposed to completing difficult content to obtain it. It is not meant to specifically have a long lifespan than other equipment.

That being said, when we did overhaul the entire professions system, we did increase the item level of all masterwork recipes—and I apologize if this gave anyone the sense that we were setting a precedent for raising the item level of masterwork items. This is something I would like to avoid ever doing again, but it was unavoidable at the time as not doing it would have put masterwork items in an extremely bizarre spot as were were making item level 400 equipment available from basic recipes. We're not aiming to do any completely redesigns of the professions system again that would require such drastic measures.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. I do appreciate your feedback.
    Making one of the most expensive items in the game (the +1 set was well north of 10M) obsolete in ONE issue's time is REALLY poor. There is a massive difference between making something you drop from a dungeon obsolete and something you may have paid $200 for the ADs to buy.

asterdahl said:

ilithyn said:

asterdahl said:

Making one of the most expensive items in the game (the +1 set was well north of 10M) obsolete in ONE issue's time is REALLY poor. There is a massive difference between making something you drop from a dungeon obsolete and something you may have paid $200 for the ADs to buy.
    Man, if I could actually trade 10m AD for 200 bucks, I'd do that in a heartbeat~

But masterwork gear isn't expected to be BiS indefinitely. The fact that the MW items were increased in power only 1 module ago doesn't change the fact that the items themselves are 3-4 modules old.

I do, however, think that there's a really easy way to rectify this, and that's to just make Masterwork items upgradable by, I dunno, Undermountain Spheres of Super Ultimate Power, where by using some really basic interface you can upgrade a MW item into a level 80 version.

But mostly, I think people who spent 10 mil for +1 MW items were misreading the room. The items were very hard to come by (because the % chance of getting a +1 on MW5 gear is super low), and that's why the price was high. But that doesn't mean the functional utility of it was high-just that a lot of people have a lot of AD they have nothing they can do with, and therefore they were willing to buy the bis gear despite it being only a marginal improvement over alternatives.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Tiamat's Orb of Majesty artifact tooltip is confusing or wrong or idk. It goes from "100% dmg reduction" from enemies" at green rank to 92% dmg reduction from enemies at Mythic rank. Not sure if its just wrong tooltip, havent tested it
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Spent a long while playing with feats/powers/boons etc. Not sure how I feel, so far. Spent 20 minutes running around the first new zone. It's grey and boring. And yes, that is how we spell 'grey' here. That's the most disappointing part for me so far. I can adapt to massive changes, given time, but the new areas, so far, are really drab.

Yay.