test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Warlock

Comments

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    maybe making dreadtheft the tab button power? with less dmg and mostly for placing curse on enemies (holding it like the tab mechanic of the soulweaver and consuming soulsparks over time maybe?)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    adsfelipe said:

MY thoughts for now...
    DC - far better than before.. finnaly DC's are healers, and do lots of damage.
    SW - the worst, half of the damage a DC can do, and last than half the healing.. useless class

My half booned far lower geared DC (build for support) does also quite good and can dish out double the ammount an almost maxed warlock can deal with his most powerfull daily, same as his encounter deal the double more or less, agree there is a lot to balance. But DC has also soo many bad implemented powers, not to talk about Astral Shield, a 10'' aoe forcing you to freeze in a pretty funny position, spending a redicules ammount of protection in a zone big as an apple :)
    First goal should be to correct the playstyle, synergies mechanics and powers before doing "finetuning".
    There is sooo much to address and if it does not happen now it will stay as it is: " A half baked pie with a lot of stones inside and low fun to play".

PS: I really hope the activity and response in Paladin, Clerics, Barbarians, Wizards, even Fighters threads, having about 1000% more feedback on devs side is no bad omen for the warlock class.
  • velahryn#7236 velahryn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Soulweaver.... but Hellbringer uses soulsparks....

Then why the hell is it called soulweaver...?

SW is a hot mess.

I play Hellbringer on live so that I don't have to deal with managing soul sparks, and to add insult to injury I lose Pillar of Power to boot. I spent several hours playing my Hellbringer SW on preview last night and I'm not a happy camper.
    Nail.On.Head.

So clunky, no damage. Just a complete hot mess.
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I tested my Warlock and it does not feel good. But we are still in the beginning B)

Is Warlocks curse no longer available?

Some things are not working yet, or not so good:

Creeping death does little damage. <1%
    Special Gear Abilities do not work
    Dreadtheft does not hit the target - wrong direction

But I think the idea of ​​the revision is good. Praise to the developers!

edited March 2019

I tested my Warlock and it does not feel good. But we are still in the beginning B)

Is Warlocks curse no longer available?

Some things are not working yet, or not so good:

Creeping death does little damage.

Same here Creeping death does not seem to work at all :(
    Bugged, 9 instead 1000 procs and the calculated damage is not 10%

Shooting at the dummy for one minute it procs 9 times out of 370 swings / hits
    Overall damage: 518.232 Creeping Death: 299 = 0,05% ... wow

Executioners Gift seems to work so far same as Double Scorch 10% plus towards that DOT , warlocks Curse 5% also works as it should.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Moving the Dust to Dust class feature from Soulweaver to Hellbringer would be a good step in the right direction. It's appreciated that you listened to that suggestion. With Prince of Hell, perhaps give it a damage % boost/offensive stat boost to allies against cursed targets. A Prince of Hell's rousing shout bolstering his allies abilities so to speak.

Improving single target damage would be better served with an increase to Killing Flames damage, rather than changing Fiery Bolt to a single target power. Fiery Bolt should either stay as it is, or remove curse synergy so it can spread All Consuming Curse. Leveling toons appear to have no early encounter powers that spread LC, forcing them to use All Consuming Curse. The problem here is that when a mob rushes you, your at wills tend to just strike the first one or two enemies as they block your path. In order to place LC on all enemies you have to dance around them in a circle whilst taking a whole lot of damage. Being killed endlessly just trying to place a curse can be a bit disheartening, and could turn new players off from playing the Warlock. It also reduces the efficiency of using Curse Bite in earlier stages of the game.

At this point in time I never use Soul Scorch, it feels wasted. I prefer having the buff from Soul Sparks to using an under-performing power. The Soul Spark Recovery feat may offer it some more utility at the end of the rotation, but it still doesn't make it feel worth it to me at the moment
    "Fiery Bolt should either stay as it is, or remove curse synergy so it can spread All Consuming Curse."

That ACC should be Lesser Curse
    edited March 2019
    Soul Scorch:I think buffing the first impact of Soul Scorch for 100% and lower the DOT down to 100% in 4 ticks (actually 6 tics for 150%) will improve that mechanic (overall buff for 60%), same as that power should recover Action points on top.
  • dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    power 1. wraith shadow - healing for 1 and 2 dmg only .
    power 2.soul pact ------healing for 70/80 only
    power 3.harow storm -- when cast on friends has animation like i am hurting them.

"Fiery Bolt should either stay as it is, or remove curse synergy so it can spread All Consuming Curse."

This x10. There is no way to spread curse effectively at this point other than weak at-wills...which brings mobs running towards you..then squish.
    edited March 2019

This x10. There is no way to spread curse effectively at this point other than weak at-wills...which brings mobs running towards you..then squish.
    All powers should afflict targets with Curses, At Wills and at least those Encounter without Curse Synergy or Curse consume, from wich Curse Consume can be considered to be outdated imo, switch all over to Curse Synergy.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

hustin1 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Soulweaver.... but Hellbringer uses soulsparks....

Then why the hell is it called soulweaver...?

SW is a hot mess.

I play Hellbringer on live so that I don't have to deal with managing soul sparks, and to add insult to injury I lose Pillar of Power to boot. I spent several hours playing my Hellbringer SW on preview last night and I'm not a happy camper.
    Nail.On.Head.

So clunky, no damage. Just a complete hot mess.
    Pillar of Power was made the way it was before so that any path could use it. The SW has a very real lack of defense powers .To change and remove this from the Hellbringer is to kill off that path . Being the way you have removed curse from being a needed cast you should at least give this class a dodge if you have no plans to allow Hellbringer to use POP.
    edited March 2019

All powers should afflict targets with Curses, At Wills and at least those Encounter without Curse Synergy or Curse consume, from wich Curse Consume can be considered to be outdated imo, switch all over to Curse Synergy.
    Then tell me how to curse several targets quickly as a Hellbringer because is no AoE power that can effectively spread curse at this point.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Found a few bugs on Soulweaver during testing;
    The new tab ability to suck the souls out of nearby enemies overwrites the tab ability of the sunsword in CR, meaning you can't voluntarily drop it. The tab ability also seems to lock your characters orientation, so you end up moonwalking everywhere.

I'm also getting some bizarre humongous heals out of nowhere
    Screech gives 57186576 (77079096) Physical Damage to you with Deft Strike.
    Combat (Self)] Beholder gives 40989140 (53173208) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
    [Combat (Self)] Beholder gives 203990736 (274971744) Psychic Damage to you with Central Eye.
    [Combat (Other)] Underboss gives 72575600 Physical Damage to Your Shorty with Sweep.
    [Combat (Other)] Bloodfeather gives 21675262 Physical Damage to Your Shorty with Quick Stab.
    Only noticed them since I equipped holy avenger enchant so idk if it's a warlock bug or something to do with the enchant.

As for general feedback, the healing ability of the soulweaver is terribly underwhelming. Having done some dungeons with a DC friend it's rather irritating to see her spit out some huge heals without much difficulty, meanwhile the warlock abilities are very clunky to use, and barely make any impact on allies HP bars. Specifically, soul shatter is difficult to aim consistently, and I'm not convinced vampiric embrace or warlock's bargain actually heal.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I have all classes ready to jump on but with all those big changes i don't feel like playing any of them anymore. Im sure i wont be the only one.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Curse Bite has proven to be a very useful power with internal testing, I'd be curious to hear if other players feel it is difficult to get good usage out of.

I tried to use it, it wasn't worth using in solo play. Its too hard to get targets cursed and then get the power to work.

I'm currently running HB with the puppet feats with BoVA, Vampiric Embrace and Killing Flames and the Tiger as summoned pet. With this I have no trouble soloing the new content so far (just unlocked Wyllowwood).

The main problem I'm having with play is that Shadowslip seems to be having priority issues in activation, so I end up getting hit by things because I end up just walking and getting hit by things I should be dodging - yes I have full stamina.

Otherwise powers are often "meh" in effect, but seem to function as intended.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    Further to my prior comment I swapped over to the heal spec and immediately some things became apparent as I wandered around Wyllowwood.

1) The fact that the Heal spec starts with full soul sparks lets it do things a lot more readily that need soul sparks, why does it start full but the DPS empty? (Like other resource classes it should always start full.)

2) The relative effective of Harrowstorm is far higher than Firey Bolt. FB happens 1x and has 160 magnitude while HS ticks for 6 seconds and has 200 magnitude. This just flat out makes FB a weaker power, and it becomes worse when HS works at full effect every time while FB requires set up to create a lower effect.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited March 2019
    Essence of Power says it does "heavy damage" but appears to do no damage, though you do get the sparks.

On further observation it seems to do damage, but it works inversely, the more sparks it gives the more damage it does.
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    There are better ways to get us to buy recruitment orders than destroying a class.
    After some more play, using both specs, the main problem seems to be the spark management. In particular the fact that the DPS spec has to build sparks up in order to benefit from them. So the Healing spec starts encounters with a higher damage capacity, which means it kills things faster so has more impact and makes play easier.

The other observation is that the use of sparks to heal out of combat on the HB is useless, 1k out of combat healing is useless in comparison to the regen effects for being out of combat. If you keep the spark drain at least make each spark 1% AP.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Curse Bite has proven to be a very useful power with internal testing, I'd be curious to hear if other players feel it is difficult to get good usage out of.

I was withholding comment until I hit 77 to unlock [Hellfire Ring] as the last 'hail mary' to save Curse Bite.
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, it does not. Hellfire Ring currently only seems to apply Lesser Curse on the initial eruption, the ground fire dot portion does not. I may be spoiled from Live server where I can Fiery Bolt with ACC, apply Lesser Curse to everything hit, and then double tap Curse Bite. On Preview, that's my use-condition for Curse Bite: a setup skill that enables me to use both charges of Curse Bite quickly. Without the ability to AoE apply Lesser Curse quickly and efficiently TWICE (since Curse Bite consumes Lesser Curse), Curse Bite remains a less-convenient form of Fiery Bolt, if not a weaker form.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Unrelated to the Curse Bite topic.
    Since Creeping Death feat is not stacking/working currently on Preview, could we instead swap it for a weaker Murderous Flames feat? Something along the lines of "Your fire encounters/atwills deal 9-12-15% dmg (pick one) additional dmg to up to 3 targets near your enemy, divided among them. If there are no other targets, the initial enemy takes all the dmg." Could further restrict the M.Flames proc to not work on DoTs, not work on AoE.
    I ask because I really, really don't like the perma-puppet, but since currently it is perma-puppet feat or a not working Creeping Death feat, I'm stuck with it.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • bethrizenbethrizen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So i been watching this thread and it seems that the warlock has no real direction and is being drivin in to the crash test dummy wall over and over. Is it time to give up playing the class ?
    Other suggestions that have been made to improve single target damage:

Increase damage of Soul Scorch. Ultimately on HB, using a Soul Spark costs us DPS. Each use reduces the buff we receive from Soul Sparks. Therefore, Soul Scorch needs a good trade off for doing so.

An increase to Creeping Death. This was our biggest source of damage. Now reduced to 10%, it will be weak especially compared to the Rogue's Shadow of Demise which is 30%. Recommend an increase to CD % and ensure it procs on all powers

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font>
  • dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    Warlocks bargain- hurts me for 40+k dmg , but heals for about 1/5th of that amount .. 7k .. and then it does not tick or heal any more (thou i see 5sec icon on my caracter)
    edited March 2019
    iscaacorion and I got to 77 at pretty much the same time, and after his experiences with Hellfire Ring I gave Curse Bite a pass. Coming back a couple of hours later I decided to slot it, and as I'm currently built I'm definitely getting value from Hellfire Ring + Curse Bite.

That said Curse Bite could still use a buff, getting rid of the charge and just giving it a bigger magnitude would help.

Still this doesn't solve the real problem for HbW, you start combat with no soul sparks so you start with weak damage. As it is with Soul Scorch emptying the bar while you try to fill it I have found myself just skipping using Soul Scorch to get more damage from everything else. Why hit 1 target with Scorch when you can hit 4 or 5 with 7.5% more damage...oh wait....

This brings me to the 2 other glaring problems:
    All Consuming Curse - because of the changes in the crit system etc you pretty much must run this power. This is bad and flies in the face of the design concepts of the Mod.

Hellfire Expertise - The majority of the text in this tool tip is meaningless. Firstly there is no way to tell if a spell is Fire or Necrotic or neither, so there is no way to know if you are getting the bonus damage, that bonus damage should just be built into all the powers anyway. Then its not clear if the Recovery applies to just Necrotic and Fire powers or all powers, and again should be built into the powers from the start. Finally it gives curse on crit, this should be the default for warlocks and this power should have the All Consuming Curse effect, and also be doubling the effect of Soul Sparks (at least).
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock