test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16:Twisted Caverns Feedback

Twisted Caverns is a deeper level of Undermountain full of strange new creatures. Remember, It is an open zone and you can use your mount here.

We would love to see any sort of feedback, but notes on environment collision, encounter difficulty and quest flow would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: I could not complete the mission Fish Heads Fish Heads, because I could not pick up the second fish.

Feedback: The fish in Twisted Caverns looked like salt water fish and I the river looks like fresh water.

Comments

• drconnor#7239 drconnor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I rescued Anton and got the 10 spider silk. I turned in the quests, got to level 71 and now cannot find another quest. Am I missing something?

Edit: I figured it out. Had to complete the campaign task. Feel silly now.
    Post edited by drconnor#7239 on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The Soiled Trousers of the Lonely really should have an enchantment slot. I can't see anyone giving up, say, Chultan paints for it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    On the twisted caverns map, at point 1425, 3254, there is the entrance to a cave (like a large hunt cave from Chult), but if you push through the cave, you end up above the whole map on the undeveloped portions.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I find the damage a low level mob can do very disturbing.

Edit:
    I think this Companion Power is the problem. When I unequipped it, the damage was looking ok.
    I believe this is the Chicken Companion.

Post edited by vida44 on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I got the achivements for killing 50 and 150 Kuo-Toa at the exact same time ... not sure if it was after killing 50 or 150, though.

Also, why not have a Rank III and give us a "Kuo-Toa Slayer" title ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Was this quest reward item not supposed to have a defensive slot ?

Hoping for improvements...
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Kuotoa thrall whips have this wave crash thing that dazes
    you've spent so much of this game teaches us to get out of the red, too look for 'tells' and this attack has no tell, no red. As a melee, there's no real way to avoid this. could you give us a red effect or tell please, so we can dodge as necessary

kuotoa thrall whips. have this buff they put on themselves and others that heals them over time, it feels overly strongs as it heals faster than my at wills can damage it, and when you have multiple of these and all your encounters are all cooldown, it gets frustrating when there is nothing you can do about it, and it feels like you have to kill these low level mobs twice. They heal better than a troll does

Kuotoa thrall whips have this wave crash thing that dazes
    you've spent so much of this game teaches us to get out of the red, too look for 'tells' and this attack has no tell, no red. As a melee, there's no real way to avoid this. could you give us a red effect or tell please, so we can dodge as necessary

kuotoa thrall whips. have this buff they put on themselves and others that heals them over time, it feels overly strongs as it heals faster than my at wills can damage it, and when you have multiple of these and all your encounters are all cooldown, it gets frustrating when there is nothing you can do about it, and it feels like you have to kill these low level mobs twice. They heal better than a troll does

Add to that the instantaneous knockdowns and immobilizes from duergar, constructs, and vampires. It makes for a very frustrating experience.
  • beveragebbb#8975 beveragebbb Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am doing the quest Lethal Remedy where you need to run around with your potion on the F key and hit the Kuo-Toa. When pressing the F key the yellow circle displays, but the potion doesn't release. I unbound my bound keys to no avail. I tried the Option on Release and Second Press, but the potion still would not release. Running on my Wizard - Arcanist.

• dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    There are a few design flaws with the quests in this zone that set players against one another. The first set of quests requires you to kill Kuo-toa for ichor, but then later you are given a potion to try on them. Both quests direct you to the same set of mobs so different sets of players are directly competing over the same area, making the whole process really tedious.

When giving the potion to cure Kuo-toa there are too few sick Kuo-toa spawns, and they respawn too slowly. Most of my time up to this point in the zone just consisted of running round and round trying to find a quest objective to interact with, or quest mob to kill.
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    i found a spot with not insivible wall .

https://ibb.co/GnzBCh7

https://ibb.co/yNVnpvt

and u can keep going to go on top of the map .
    edited March 2019
    I'm really liking the mushroom grove. It's almost as magical as mine :sunglasses: For a minute I wondered if one of the devs had secretly run my quest.

screenshot-2019-03-04-22-53-46screenshot-2019-03-04-22-55-10
  • waywardchampionwaywardchampion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bug Report -> Mimic server

Sloopul The Kua Toa's audio dialog after completing the alchemists quests has some background voices in it. It sounds like someone is instructing the voice actor.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Some feedback:
    • The Kuo-Tua are adorable, and I really had fun with the quests here. The voice acting and animations of the NPCs are superb!

• Casting the potion of the Kuo-Tua is not very intuitive. First you have to press 'F' and then you have to press the left mouse button to release it. It should cast on the first 'F' press
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The final quest for this zone gives you a shirt and pants set, but there are 2 other quests in the zone that do the same thing. As those 2 are side quests, perhaps they can have different rewards?
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    after doing the he in twisted caverns , i had a weird bug of the story cutscene of the mage showing up and saying she ploting vs him playing !!! ( already finshed the story was just doing the he there )

https://imgur.com/a/Oend3FQ
    you need to add icon of the door so ppl can know where to go to leave the map, same goes for other maps .
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Same as dressroba, while at campfire near entrance pulled into cutscene of Halaster complaining. Also pulled into cutscene of using the Crystal to purge the energy. When pulled in like this cannot skip etc.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.