test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 based solely around group play.

Having played around with multiple classes and builds as well as read about one thing have become 100% clear, the devs sole concern with mod 16 have been group play and how to do that. What's fallen at the wayside is solo play.
I know, according to one of them it is not the intent to make any class unable to solo but A) some classes not only currently are not able to do so but even when "fixed" will be an absolute pain in the rear to solo with so we can say B) intent very much failed.

Considering how big a part of this game is solo play and that a lot of us do not want to add any more group play to our playtime than we already have then this mod is a blatant flip off. It's mod 15 all over again, the devs have one specific way this game should be played in mind and really don't really care about the "improper style" players or if we stick around or not.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    You are utterly and completely wrong.

Solo play is perfectly possible if you have decent stats, an decent build and know how to play with the new mechanisms. Some classes have a hard time right now, but that is partially because not all powers of all classes have been tuned properly.

There are areas which are unreasonably hard (stronghold mobs, for example), but that is a known issue - they just haven't been scaled down yet, I assume.

And yes, DCs are not the greates DPSers out there, but personally I have no problem whatsoever with the Undermountain solo content - just needed to adjust my stats and playstyle a bit.

Now, this does not mean that a fresh lvl 70 with minimal gear is ready to tackle Undermountain. Undermountain is harder than Barovia or Chult, so unless you are perfectly comfortable in those areas, you should stay away from Undermountain and not try to fight your way to level 80 right away. If your stats are not high enough, or if you don't know how to play your class effectively, you will have issues - simple as that.

Hoping for improvements...
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > You are utterly and completely wrong.
    >
    > Solo play is perfectly possible if you have decent stats, an decent build and know how to play with the new mechanisms. Some classes have a hard time right now, but that is partially because not all powers of all classes have been tuned properly.
    >
    > There are areas which are unreasonably hard (stronghold mobs, for example), but that is a known issue - they just haven't been scaled down yet, I assume.
    >
    > And yes, DCs are not the greates DPSers out there, but personally I have no problem whatsoever with the Undermountain solo content - just needed to adjust my stats and playstyle a bit.
    >
    > Now, this does not mean that a fresh lvl 70 with minimal gear is ready to tackle Undermountain. Undermountain is harder than Barovia or Chult, so unless you are perfectly comfortable in those areas, you should stay away from Undermountain and not try to fight your way to level 80 right away. If your stats are not high enough, or if you don't know how to play your class effectively, you will have issues - simple as that.

Gwfs that were able to solo etos and cn and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now cant solo a small 3 man HE. Solo my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Gwfs that were able to solo etos and cn and HAMSTER now cant solo a small 3 man HE. Solo my HAMSTER.

Well, that's a combination of some factors....both the "some classes" and "some areas" I mentioned above. I expect things to get a bit more balanced in the next build or two.

If you look at Sharpedge's numbers, you should see that Fighters have some ... "issues" ... at the moment.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    adinosii said:

You are utterly and completely wrong.

Solo play is perfectly possible if you have decent stats, an decent build and know how to play with the new mechanisms. Some classes have a hard time right now, but that is partially because not all powers of all classes have been tuned properly.

There are areas which are unreasonably hard (stronghold mobs, for example), but that is a known issue - they just haven't been scaled down yet, I assume.

And yes, DCs are not the greates DPSers out there, but personally I have no problem whatsoever with the Undermountain solo content - just needed to adjust my stats and playstyle a bit.

Now, this does not mean that a fresh lvl 70 with minimal gear is ready to tackle Undermountain. Undermountain is harder than Barovia or Chult, so unless you are perfectly comfortable in those areas, you should stay away from Undermountain and not try to fight your way to level 80 right away. If your stats are not high enough, or if you don't know how to play your class effectively, you will have issues - simple as that.

You really are determined to be a condescending HAMSTER aren't you?

Okay, @adinosii HAMSTER. Listen up. I'm a 16k OP, I could solo everything up to and including Barovia NO PROBLEM. Forget Undermountain, I get one-shotted in HAMSTER Briggin's Tomb ffs! A GF friend of mine can't handle WoD in spite of doing a ton of reading on this HAMSTER mod and trying out several different builds, something he have no problems with in mod 15. This isn't just accidental bugs, it's a deliberate breaking of the ability to solo in most ways, for a lot of classes.
    This is just some mobs in some areas, its consistently, across the board that mobs are one shotting where they shouldn't. But hey, reading all the reports from players pointing this out would interfere with your ability to feel superior to the rest of us so you clearly haven't done that.

Edit: Addition. When I don't get one-shotted fights take forever because they've decided to completely destroy the OP's ability to do any kind of damage outside of Smite which might be usable twice per fight and then you can stand around for 5-7 seconds after waiting for divinity to recharge. Ffs, my bloody companion is doing more damage than me right now.

But gratz at being as asskissing of this mod and this company and dismissive and condescending towards any critique of it as you've been since the word go. But it's so much easier for you to claim that those having issues are dumb, low IL ro just don't know how to play. Forget it, I'm not kissing your HAMSTER to get to take me seriously anymore than I'm kissing HAMSTER on the devs for HAMSTER solo play over this hard.
    This mod is about group play and getting that to work, if the devs need to screw over solo players to do it they're clearly willing to do that no problem. And no white knighting on your part for them and their choices will change that.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Soloing is significantly harder. There's no sugarcoating that. If I wanted to play a game where I was forced to group, I'd play EQ -- oh, wait, that's why I left EQ.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    The problem is that people are playing Mod16 with the mindset that they are still playing Mod15 or earlier. Enemies have new statistics, most players haven't even taken the time to understand them or modify their characters accordingly. If the problem is defensive, they have to make sure they have enough defense, awareness, deflect, etc. for the area they are in as well as using useful companions. There are new mechanics in terms of blocking, damage mitigation, etc. All campaign content can easily be done alone. Dungeons do require a group.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I have to disagree. I always make sure that my alts have a high Defense stat. I started doing that when Mod 6 dropped. Soloing is by no means easy.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

The problem is that people are playing Mod16 with the mindset that they are still playing Mod15 or earlier. Enemies have new statistics, most players haven't even taken the time to understand them or modify their characters accordingly. If the problem is defensive, they have to make sure they have enough defense, awareness, deflect, etc. for the area they are in as well as using useful companions. There are new mechanics in terms of blocking, damage mitigation, etc. All campaign content can easily be done alone. Dungeons do require a group.

This isn't just about defense, but go off I guess. Easier than reading and comprehending what is being said after all. Easiest of all is dismissing the idea that there's any problem at all to solo content that isn't exclusively bug related. Hope NWO rewards you for your white knighting, you most certainly deserve it.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I am hearing from other OPs that they are getting one-shotted in the new campaign. This should not be happening. It may be some kind of bug that is only affecting the certain people playing the class or all people playing the class...not sure... Please report it as a bug.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    ilithyn said:

This isn't just about defense, but go off I guess. Easier than reading and comprehending what is being said after all. Easiest of all is dismissing the idea that there's any problem at all to solo content that isn't exclusively bug related. Hope NWO rewards you for your white knighting, you most certainly deserve it.
    I finished every HE in Barovia and other high lvl areas alone, without using broken artifacts or mount powers so it is not "white knighting". I read and understood everything you wrote, basically is: I do not understand the changes and it bothers me that now I have to play actively so I will start calling everyone White Knights if they do not agree with my opinion. However, if you found a bug, read and comprehend what the devs repeatedly pointed out, that you should report them in their respective area.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

ilithyn said:

I finished every HE in Barovia and other high lvl areas alone, without using broken artifacts or mount powers so it is not "white knighting". I read and understood everything you wrote, basically is: I do not understand the changes and it bothers me that now I have to play actively so I will start calling everyone White Knights if they do not agree with my opinion. However, if you found a bug, read and comprehend what the devs repeatedly pointed out, that you should report them in their respective area.
    What level were you? My understanding is that the level scaling in a lot of levels is broken, so level 75 -> 70 could be a radically different experience than 80 - 70

ilithyn said:

What level were you? My understanding is that the level scaling in a lot of levels is broken, so level 75 -> 70 could be a radically different experience than 80 - 70
    Lv 70, playing GWF/GF/SW/CW and OP with minor tweaks in each one of them.
    fkze9t.jpg
    kjm1002 said:

But, what build are you currently playing? no one cares how many characters you have. What Class is it? What Level and stats? You sound like a BIS player. Most people are not BIS and can not just "adjust" themselves because that requires spending money on the game that most people would be a fool to do at this moment.

I didn't say how many characters I have. I mentioned the classes that I was playing with when I was testing them in Barovia and other areas like I said before. Regarding to the adjusments, it's the preview server, you can literally copy your character hundreds of times if you want and you will have plenty of currencies/items to make any changes you want to your characters and plan ahead for when Mod16 arrives to the live server.
    fkze9t.jpg