test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Paladin Feedback

Comments

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

Spent about an hour on my formerly 400k hp 18k+ Prot. Lost over 150k in HP. Aside from my disappointment in losing much of what I worked hard for I found that managing divinity while trying to manage a fight had a negative impact on my enjoyment. At first pass it is a critical distraction rather than a welcome addition of complexity. This new paladin bears little resemblance to the old. A new class was created from the broken shards of the original.

Havent tried Devo. I do not feel inspired to make the attempt.

devo works exactly the smae as prot, only 1 encounter and atwill changes. exept you dont get divinity for shielding,
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    banegrivm said:

As a casual player I no longer like my paladin. I felt sort of meh about it to be honest in the past. The whole "Maces are Iconic" thing really ruined the class fantasy, as we all know, the whole "knight in shining armor" concept (that's the description that you just gave out for the tank spec) is built all around knights who used swords as primary weapons.

This isn't the place to complain about Paladins not being able to use swords, and what you are saying is untrue.

There are many swords in the game that Paladins may equip and/or use for transmutes (making the mace look like that sword).

Maces may be most common, but they are not the only things that a Paladin can use, and even if what you think is the best paladin weapon in the game is a mace, you can still make it look like a number of different swords if you choose.

Re: This thread, I look forward to trying out a Paladin when I log on.

It's currently my main, so some of the talk is making me a little nervous, but I will try both roles and see how things work out.

Thanks for the replies, @Asterdahl.
  • lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    thx my mates - i´m not happy to hear about similar problems. we won´t have it at all - so a def had to try it himself to understand this very big problem. That is the preview is making for and i hope they can resolve it. Greetz, ObelX
  • woollysheep#1437 woollysheep Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    BUG:(1) paladin's [Divine Pallisade] mechanic links as [Channel Divinity] in chat

(2) CN harder than it should be, close to death in 1 hit at the beginning outside the castle. Shores of Tuen's easy in comparison. (3 man cell, two 12k+ tank paladin, one 11.5~12k healer cleric)

(3) May or may not be a bug but...... skills that has no ongoing VFX or some sort of indicator that it's active/ongoing/timed out:

Shield of Faith (daily) indicator: had revolving shields
    Absolution (encounter) indicator: had blue HP bar
    Binding Oath (encounter) indicator: had blue HP bar

Sacred Weapon (encounter) never had an indicator but would be nice if it did.
    Post edited by woollysheep#1437 on
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

BUG:(1) paladin's [Divine Pallisade] mechanic links as [Channel Divinity] in chat

(2) CN harder than it should be, close to death in 1 hit at the beginning outside the castle. Shores of Tuen's easy in comparison.

(3) May or may not be a bug but...... skills that has no ongoing VFX or some sort of indicator that it's active/ongoing/timed out:

SW " indicator " was in the buff bar and the fact that weapon started glowing yellow
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Divinity recharge out of combat is insanely slow. It means standing around for a good five to seven seconds while it recharges before being able to move on to the next set of mobs, which is making soloing an absolute pain in the HAMSTER. Damage might be okay, with Divinity on full but the wait for the bar to recharge is making OP pretty prohibitive to play. Unless you have oodles of time and don't mind a lot of twiddling your thumbs.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    leonidrex said:

(2) CN harder than it should be, close to death in 1 hit at the beginning outside the castle. Shores of Tuen's easy in comparison.

SW " indicator " was in the buff bar and the fact that weapon started glowing yellow
    buff bar icons are too subtle lol

mm, have not noticed the yellow glow
  • lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    heres a log of the entire quest from the Spiders - Maybe a very short log for a paladin^^:
    Kampf (Allein)] Borstenspinne fügt Charakter mit „Giftspucken“ 922286 (1105829)
    in conversation it means:
    Fight (Alone) ..???spider deals damge to character with "gift spiding" 922286 Damage

what does it mean for us Paladins? that was an entire mni mob who kills me^^
    If i look at my skills theyre also gone - we palas need a retoken cause ko/ca were in the past.

Mabe as a pala i can do some tests for you if you want.

Greets, ObelX
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

hi I am trying to copy my toon to the owlbear shard but I keep getting this message

"Please try again!

There was an issue with completing your transfer request. If the issue persists, please look for assistance from our community on the forums!"

I tried several times last night & again several times this morning. There was no issue copying to mimic but owlbear just refuses to accept. Any idea on how to get it to work???

Owlbear is the closed server for the early release team. We have to use Mimic.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User

hi I am trying to copy my toon to the owlbear shard but I keep getting this message

"Please try again!

There was an issue with completing your transfer request. If the issue persists, please look for assistance from our community on the forums!"

I tried several times last night & again several times this morning. There was no issue copying to mimic but owlbear just refuses to accept. Any idea on how to get it to work???

not owlbear, select mimic
    Shores of Tuern

[Combat (Self)] Green Dragonfang deals 4579695 (6641448) Poison Damage to you with Aimed Shot.

[Error] You have fallen in battle!

I would really appreciate developer feedback because I really don't like testing these horrible changes and trying really hard to do it
    edited March 2019
    1st Green Dragonfang
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Green Dragonfang deals 4527742 (6475473) Poison Damage to you with Aimed Shot.
    really hope my HR's Aimed Shot does the same

Assassin Drake
    [Combat (Self)] Assassin Drake deals 377864 (485691) Acid Damage to you with Spit.
    much less deadlier :P

And now the ultimate boss
    [Combat (Self)] Garakas deals 1184566 (1596368) Fire Damage to you with Fire Aura.

[Combat (Other)] Garakas deals 8867087 (11377323) Fire Damage to Your Hard as a Rock with Dancing Flames.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aureal Armament absorbs 19576 damage from Garakas's Fire Aura.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aureal Armament absorbs 24195 damage from Garakas's Fire Aura.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aureal Armament absorbs 24195 damage from Garakas's Fire Aura.

[Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 162016 damage from Garakas's Fire Aura.

[Combat (Self)] Garakas deals 1184566 (1596368) Fire Damage to you with Fire Aura.

and yes an 8-digit number by Garakas
    [Combat (Self)] Garakas deals 8333031 (11021929) Fire Damage to you with Dancing Flames.
    gets better
    [Combat (Self)] Garakas deals 14517295 (19999176) Fire Damage to you with Fire Breath.

now Lair of lostmauth the Red Iron Golem owns Garakas

[Combat (Self)] Red Iron Golem deals 21734102 (30201060) Physical Damage to you with Slash.

[Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 232597 damage from Red Iron Golem's Dazing Fist.
    [Combat (Self)] Red Iron Golem deals 7298062 (10067020) Physical Damage to you with Dazing Fist.

Are these numbers normal?
    if yes have no words
    if not what have you tested exactly?

now beside combat log at will powers needs to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up otherwise no reason to even have them for 1000-2000 damage.
    Secondly op needs more aoe damage instead of the burning light joke, added control effects to the powers cause i am not gonna form a party for dailies neither gonna wait for smite to reload
    Post edited by megasvassilios on
  • animewayanimeway Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Enemy damage and player damage are not balanced in such a way that this is really an indication of anything. Your at-wills hit very fast, and are generally balanced to be lower than before, with encounters seeing an increase and dailies seeing a significant increase.

Were you having trouble surviving at all?

goodday asterdahl:

as off today i am verry sorry to say that you all realy messed up the whole game for any class to be fair.
    on my rogue (TR) i used to be able to solo atleast some parts of dungeons as well as on my pally just for the fun of it now i cant even kill 1 god dam mob as they hit me for over 400k with eaz in a dung.
    my pally has all the gear for tanking but cant seem to even tank 4 mobs at 1 time as they hit like trucks that run you over ( dmg 50 to 200k as tank spec)

as for the temp wrath you should have never removed the temp hp on a pally there is NO divinety regen in encounters to make tanking feel like you can realy TANK something as you do 1 temp wrath or 2 smite's and it is all gone and takes for ever to get some back.

at will powers feel like they dont even have ANY power in them i was hitting 600 on a 43k power pally tank on a mob lvl 70 in the quest protecting the portal i died bouth 7 times in tehre as the big golem hit me with shield up over 1 mill.
    daily power was like boom 60k max hit and then you get BOOM byebye pally.

i realy hope all you defs will totaly reconsider even building this kind of tanking pally.
    as for the feats they dont work and you cant slot in the powers to activate the feats or its just bugged completly.

you cant see any % of your power stats as like amound of dmg you deal crit change dmg reduction deflect or any of those ...realy what were you thinking back then , have you even tryd to tank CR in this build??

i realy hope you will bring justice to the players and have a realy big reward ready for all players that are still here when mod 16 go's live .

greets and respect to all.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hello everyone, its been a long time since I wrote or even visited here but this new, radical game direction requires some feedback.

Ill be brief and to the point with all my feedback being a direct respond to the current PREVIEW build:

1) Auras /passives/ - all current preview Paladin passives with the exception of Composure and Divine Justice/solo/ are useless. This new game change was supposed to get rid of old, useless abilities and make things more streamlined. So why do we have so many useless Auras? Bring back Aura of Courage and remove the rest leaving only AoC and Composure. Having more auras doesnt mean choices and build diversity if those Auras are not good

2) At wills - Having Shielding Strike as a max lvl at will is a not appealing but I can live with it. Removing the buff from Radiant Strike is stupid. I get it, you want the paladin to be ONLY tank but come on, 5 % buff to damage and arm pen is not so much when the current Paladin mechanic Oath of Protection reduces our damage by a massive 30% !

3) Encounters - Burning light - omg, you broke this one. A long cast for a single low dps burst and short stun = useless.
    Sacred Weapon - seems to be doing nothing right now. Divine Touch = good aoe heal. Smite - the only one good dmg power we have. Bane = a weird aoe damage ability, OK i guess. Templar's Wrath = weak aoe damage and threat. Vow of E = super weak aoe damage and threat.. Is there a pattern here? So far we listed 3 enounters that do the same thing only some do it better than others, meaning we have less enounters overall but we still have useless ones = less choice. Absolution - useless on live, useless on preview /delete it and give us Circle of Power / . Binding Oath - super low damage return on attack = useless. Relentless Avenger - no knockback anymore, low damage and ultimately useless now that Smite is ranged..

4) Divinity - Ah, the new recourse, making us look and sound/same sound efffect on Divine Touch as the cleric heals come on!/ even more like a DC. Well this new recourse has one major problem - its recharge us way too slow. Thats it.

Hmm, lets recap, At wills , encounters and Auras are all extremely nerfed! No more temp HP! The paladins on Live right now tank thanks to temp HP, you guys better replace that with some really potent tank skills or be prepared for the rage.

Im willing to kick back, relax and take all I see on Preview as a work in progress. I expect changes to this build, how drastic only time will tell but guys, come on, dont castrate our class.

Thats all for now
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Just a note, I used the list function in formatting and it looked fine in preview but did not proc when I published. I try to avoid writing walls of text.
  • zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User

[Combat (Other)] Garakas deals 8867087 (11377323) Fire Damage to Your Hard as a Rock with Dancing Flames.

Isle of Tuern Epic? Just solo'd through it as a Justicar Paladin. Dancing flames was hitting my companion for around 80K and not 8mil. Must be some other interaction that bumping that up for you - build?

As to the feel of soloing as my Justicar Paladin, the fights themselves were quite easy but long due to the 30% damage reduction and it was hard to wrap my head around the new playstyle - a far cry from a HP bar that never moves due to two temporary sources of hits (adding in a heal (Divine Touch) and actually using potions helped).

I will say it gets boring on boss fights - you use up all your Divinity and then you're just sitting there with your shield up waiting to be hit a lot of the time - it just isn't engaging gameplay for me. Feels like there needs to be a little more Divinity recharge from the shield being hit.
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    CN outside mobs
    [13:08] [Combat (Self)] Glabrezu deals 337560 (348000) Physical Damage to you with Pincer.

DEF ~26k
    HP dramatically scaled down from 250k(72) to 160k
  • murtagh#4249 murtagh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Seems like we are being forced into using only the subset of encounter powers that have corresponding feats because we have to choose feats that buff particular encounter powers (i.e. in each of the two choices boosts an encounter in several columns).

We understand that some players are going to feel this way about the feat design. We want your feat choices to change the way you play from the perspective of what powers you do or do not choose, or how you build your rotation. That being said, usually the powers that don't have feats are the powers that have an obvious and irreplaceable purpose on your bar for their given use.

So we hope that even with the way feats are build, there are plenty of choices for you to make, and powers without feats still make it onto your bars depending on the situation. If it feels like there are a few powers that won't make it onto your bar unless you choose the feat, we feel like that's okay as a way to differentiate two players of the same class who have made different build choices.

Take some time to play around with things, and let us know what you think as it has time to marinate.
    FEEDBACK: First the good, the new boon page is nice. The choices seem a little redundant from one level to the next, however, overall I liked this feature.

The not so good, the companion page is confusing and I'm very unhappy that we will not be able to use anything but companion gear. Limiting our choices seems like the theme of Mod 16.

Now the bad, I agree with all the posts that said the same thing I'm thinking, it appears that we are being funneled into a very narrow set of choices. Especially on power choices.

On the Tank Build, the first feat choice at lvl 40 has Paladins choosing between Sacred Shield which does absolutely no good until we get Shielding Strike at 72 and Valorous Strike which gives us 5% crit. Really? I thought this was a Tank build? So essentially my only choice is an offensive feat when I'm supposed to be a tank. Please rethink this.

Three out of the remaining four feat choices all rely on specific power choices in order to gain any benefit from the feat.

The third set has us choosing between Enhanced Radiant Charge and Bound to the Land. If I have all the threat like I'm supposed to and use Radiant Charge (this is the one I choose), I take all the mobs with me. This is the equivalent of the CW push that most of us hate so much. My party was not amused. Bound to the Land is a non-starter, 25% movement decrease? Paladins have enough trouble keeping up with their party in a dungeon. I could always make up for it with Dark enchantments...oh wait guess not. Yeah not picking that feat. Nice graphics on the Radiant Charge daily though.

One of the first things I read about this Mod was how much the Devs loved the versatility of the Paladin. Apparently not enough to let us keep it. Not feeling the love here.
  • bishopgorbishopgor Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

armagus02 said:

Tanking castle never with the paladin was painful. Didn't even get past the first wave of mobs. Just kept getting one shot. Even with the shield up they still one shot.

Healing with the paladin felt weak. My power reaches about 30k in Temple of Spider and yet I was only healing maybe 1-2k HP per each cure wounds and maybe 3-5k when using encounter powers like Divine Shelter and Divine Touch.

Divinity on the paladin increases very slowly in battle when using the TAB mechanic that is meant to recharge it. It barely moves at all...

I feel pretty sure the above first two experiences have to do with Item Scaling though...it needs to be looked at.

Thanks for reporting this. We will look into the scaling in these areas. I was tanking the new unreleased dungeon, Tomb of the Nine Gods, and Malabog's Castle internally this week and it felt great. Try giving one of those two dungeons a try if you have more time. Let me know if you have a similar experience.

Cure wounds is pretty terrible right now, its not meant to be very good, as we don't want to let any significant healing happen without consuming a resource, and its a free heal, but we're looking at making adjustments. That said, I'm surprised that your Divine Shelter was healing for 3-5k... I assume that was ToS(M) not the leveling ToS?

In terms of divinity regeneration, it is very slow for healers, intentionally, managing the resource is very important and you need to be able to run out. That being said, if your heals are unexpectedly low, running out will happen far, far too often. We've only had our healers run out internally when we make huge mistakes or in very difficult pulls, so we'll look into what is going on with scaling in those areas. Just know that the goal is not for you to be running out in those scenarios.

Asterdhal but still RAS NSI is one shooting everyone on tanking pally i were hited for about 85 kk dmg sorry but nobody would stand it,
    Healadin buahahahah for ... sake 1k heals from cure wounds, 21k max from encounters, You are guys really close to make this class unplayable, lack of dmg zero buffs, class made like from paper, and as a tank GF can still do something else with raised shield but op its just standing and nothing else....
  • airphoenix78airphoenix78 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

"Please try again!

you select mimic to get on the test server the owlbear is a different one that has to have a special invite. I did the same thing when I first tried too then someone told me to select the mimic.

I guess the issue I have with it is, having enemies run through the shield... and it being a rooted direction-restricted shield..

Was just thinking it'd be interesting/less of a delicate process if......

a) Divine barrier (TAB) comes with physical collision against enemies, but not players.

Might add more flavour if this was a toggle option with or without a condition
    --------
    and/or
    --------
    b) Divine barrier shield is aligned and bound to user's view facing / camera, moves with player...

Also might add flavour/play-style if it was a toggle option as either a bound-to-user mobile shield or stationary shield..
    --------
    --------
    (a) i) Stationary Divine barrier shield with physical collision against enemies, except players; but doesn't last as long as absorption shield where there's no physical collision OR the number of enemies it'll collide with decreases over time OR limited number of collisions allowed and it stops
    --------
    (b) i) Bound-to-user mobile shield with no physical collision = less of a delicate & rigid process
    --------
    (a+b) i) Bound shield with physical collision against enemies that moves with user; could be used as a bulldozer? Push enemies but depletes shield in terms of duration or size maybe? Could be used as the party approaches a narrow opening to the next area with enemies near the opening.. or within a tunnel-like space..

(a+b) ii) Bound shield to user's view facing / camera with physical collision against enemies... could be used to cage-in the party from enemies using 2 tanks fighters/paladins? and move in that manner, front paladin/fighter.. rear paladin/fighter walking backwards with guard up... against poison gas or enemies within a foggy environment
    --------
    --------
    Seems like it'd be fun to have some wiggle room for potentially strategic customisation here
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2019

When I put my shield up at omu map at the spiders trying to check how the guarding system works , i am one shot easily rather than when i am not putting my shield up and i am using absloution 20% less damage with 30k defense

here is the thing with guard mechanic it is absorbing properly at first couple hits while i am holding my shield up however there is sudden spike at damage recieved and guard meter is at half and instantly dead

[Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 1139 damage from Jungle Tarantula's Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 1103 damage from Jungle Tarantula's Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 1148 damage from Jungle Tarantula's Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 1136 damage from Jungle Tarantula's Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Jungle Tarantula gives 0 (1441) Physical Damage to you with Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Jungle Tarantula gives 0 (1397) Physical Damage to you with Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Jungle Tarantula gives 0 (1453) Physical Damage to you with Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Jungle Tarantula gives 0 (1438) Physical Damage to you with Poisonous Fangs.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Block absorbs 233105 damage from Jungle Tarantula's Poisonous Fangs.

also divinity mechanics is not good it fills super slow at combat
    all other pallies are also complaining that feats are lacking

I know there is change and we need to balance between putting our guard up and attacking but it is not working and getting one shotted at level 70 content
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    emilemo said:

1) Auras /passives/ - all current preview Paladin passives with the exception of Composure and Divine Justice/solo/ are useless. This new game change was supposed to get rid of old, useless abilities and make things more streamlined. So why do we have so many useless Auras? Bring back Aura of Courage and remove the rest leaving only AoC and Composure. Having more auras doesnt mean choices and build diversity if those Auras are not good

OK ... so honestly this one I know is an issue for a lot of people. Auras of Wisdom and Courage used to be the "standard" for pretty much every OP, and now both are gone, replaced with the less useful auras. It's a loss in DPS for the class and a loss in suitability without the reduced cooldowns. On the other hand, I can see why it was done as Aura of Courage/Wisdom were potent buffs that made the OP more attractive as a tank than the GF ... and it fits in with Cryptic's attempt to remove many of the buffs that led to the out of control damage we have in Mod 15.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • armagus02armagus02 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Finished getting to level 80 tonight and completed the Undermountain. I have to say this was not a good experience. Enemies at 79 were doing some intense damage. I played as my tank build and I had to run away a few times due to running out of stamina to guard with because of their attacks. I had to use my artifact to kill most of the enemies along the way and also at the last dungeon because my attacks were doing so little damage and they were doing so much damage. I got one shot by the first boss in the last dungeon. My item level went from 15.9k to 18.7k after everything was said and done, but I didn't feel I was getting any stronger whatsoever.

Overall I don't recommend anyone doing Undermountain with a paladin by themselves. At least, not in the state preview is in. Divinity is slow to recharge, weak at-will and encounter powers (healing included), enemies doing so much damage your stamina disappears in seconds. The whole thing was exhausting...

• vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

The third set has us choosing between Enhanced Radiant Charge and Bound to the Land. If I have all the threat like I'm supposed to and use Radiant Charge (this is the one I choose), I take all the mobs with me. This is the equivalent of the CW push that most of us hate so much. My party was not amused. Bound to the Land is a non-starter, 25% movement decrease? Paladins have enough trouble keeping up with their party in a dungeon. I could always make up for it with Dark enchantments...oh wait guess not. Yeah not picking that feat. Nice graphics on the Radiant Charge daily though.Not feeling the love here.

Bound to the Land does not reduces your movement speed permanently. It only reduces while you are under effect of Binding Oath.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I haven’t levelled to 80 yet, but I did a quick vid showing what I’m playing with and how it works at 70 soloing in eToS.

Solo, with care, I can get to the final boss. Later 3 of us cleared the dungeon with no healer. (No vid of that.)

I’m pretty happy with things at level 70 in terms of play, things are very straightforward in the Undermountain zones so far. That said I’m building a list of specific feedback, this is just so people can see that things do work still, even if they do work very differently to current Live. I’m also very much ok with the challenge of play increasing significantly, the current game on Live is, frankly, boring.

https://youtu.be/UehuIIETbO8
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.