test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

shiani1 said:

The spider quest (one of the first two) where you have to get those little vials is maddening. People are waiting around for just 3 groups of spiders to spawn and then taking the vials, which don't even drop consistently. Something needs to be done to make that one not so crazy. It took me over an hour to complete it because there were multiple people grabbing for the vials when they dropped...then waiting again for spawn and rinse and repeat. It was a discouraging start.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a plan to put the percentages back into the stat list. I was told there is now a 50% cap on crit, but I have no idea what percent I have since it is not longer a part of that list. Same with armor pen, etc.

And the character sheet keeps lighting up like I have something unfinished, but I have looked repeatedly and can't find anything I didn't already choose.

It's interesting trying to adjust the new stats around to try to get a feel for them. I'm not even sure how each of them works. All of my numbers look higher than they presently are on the live server, but I'm having to use a lot of heals now. Maybe that's because of the absence of life steal.

So far it looks interesting and I'm waiting for people who know more than I do to start recommending builds, etc. because I'm pretty clueless at this point :)

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the spider quest. I'll pass this feedback along to the content team.

In regards to displaying percentages, we currently have no plans to display percentages. I know that's jarring but let me explain why that is: all ratings like critical strike now have counter ratings, like critical resistance. Not only do players have these ratings, but enemies do as well.

The stronger the enemy, the higher their ratings. Let's say you have 20,000 critical strike rating. Against a hypothetical level 0 enemy that gives you a 45% chance to grit, very close to the cap. However, against a level 65 enemy, lets say they have 10,000 critical resistance. Your chance to crit against that enemy is only 25%. Then against a level 70 enemy, lets say they have 20,000 critical resistance, your chance to criticize is only 5%. (Please note these are hypothetical numbers, I don't have the charts in front of me at the moment, and did not create them myself.)

Now, you could imagine how your character sheet might display the correct results at least based on monster level, however, monsters also continue to get stronger at endgame. An enemy in a future campaign zone, or in a dungeon or trial will have more critical resistance based on the entry requirements of the dungeon. If we were to display a percentage in the character sheet, it would be wrong 99% of the time. There are certainly arguments to be made in favor of displaying a percentage, but we ultimately believe that it would lead to more confusion than not showing the percentage, because players would look at the number and expect to consistently achieve that percentage of effectiveness, but that is not the case.

So while you've heard that critical strike "caps at 50%" bear in mind that when you are doing any sort of challenging content, the cap is not something you are going to hit unless you focus every single gem, companion power, insignia, and piece of equipment you own on that single stat and that stat alone. The counter ratings will bring your percentage down below the cap. And when you are scaled down into a lower level dungeon, your stats will remain largely relative to one another. So your chances should remain fairly similar against the enemies you have been scaled to fight.
    I keep hearing how the goal is to simplify and to make things easier to understand. however this is a key component to success we are talking about it is it nearly impossible to grok.. plan or implement if all the baddies have different stats. we want to make builds that work. what we have now makes that feel downright impossible. it would be far more user friendly to have it be via zone/level for stats and have it visible in our stats sheet so it's clear where we are at and what we need to do to improve. the anti stat thing is not intuitive and is offputting.

that's my feedback..
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Not sure what it is but sometimes I can't use my mouse to turn unless I attack (and then I turn).

Artifacts are too powerful - i just did the hill climb on FBI solo and basically whilst my fighter did little damage the mythic envenomed artifact cleared things too easily.

I soloed haiti - too easy. In fact im not sure what happened as all of a sudden haiti was dead and the fight was over.

Fighter 15.5l IL with IV build.

This mod feels like a nerf but the monsters have been nerfed too much, if that one hill climb and haiti is anything to go by, it is way too easy. That hill climb used to be the hardest tank in the game (imo) now it is simple. Note my companion only had R13 bondings equiped. Pretty sure it is the arty that is the problem.

Sorry I know I haven't given a lot of information to pin point the issues

- companion damage seems to be way too high compared to my damage - my con artists is shredding the ice trolls in FBI whilst my at wills hardly scratch them
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

asterdahl said:

shiani1 said:

The spider quest (one of the first two) where you have to get those little vials is maddening. People are waiting around for just 3 groups of spiders to spawn and then taking the vials, which don't even drop consistently. Something needs to be done to make that one not so crazy. It took me over an hour to complete it because there were multiple people grabbing for the vials when they dropped...then waiting again for spawn and rinse and repeat. It was a discouraging start.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a plan to put the percentages back into the stat list. I was told there is now a 50% cap on crit, but I have no idea what percent I have since it is not longer a part of that list. Same with armor pen, etc.

And the character sheet keeps lighting up like I have something unfinished, but I have looked repeatedly and can't find anything I didn't already choose.

It's interesting trying to adjust the new stats around to try to get a feel for them. I'm not even sure how each of them works. All of my numbers look higher than they presently are on the live server, but I'm having to use a lot of heals now. Maybe that's because of the absence of life steal.

So far it looks interesting and I'm waiting for people who know more than I do to start recommending builds, etc. because I'm pretty clueless at this point :)

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the spider quest. I'll pass this feedback along to the content team.

In regards to displaying percentages, we currently have no plans to display percentages. I know that's jarring but let me explain why that is: all ratings like critical strike now have counter ratings, like critical resistance. Not only do players have these ratings, but enemies do as well.

The stronger the enemy, the higher their ratings. Let's say you have 20,000 critical strike rating. Against a hypothetical level 0 enemy that gives you a 45% chance to grit, very close to the cap. However, against a level 65 enemy, lets say they have 10,000 critical resistance. Your chance to crit against that enemy is only 25%. Then against a level 70 enemy, lets say they have 20,000 critical resistance, your chance to criticize is only 5%. (Please note these are hypothetical numbers, I don't have the charts in front of me at the moment, and did not create them myself.)

Now, you could imagine how your character sheet might display the correct results at least based on monster level, however, monsters also continue to get stronger at endgame. An enemy in a future campaign zone, or in a dungeon or trial will have more critical resistance based on the entry requirements of the dungeon. If we were to display a percentage in the character sheet, it would be wrong 99% of the time. There are certainly arguments to be made in favor of displaying a percentage, but we ultimately believe that it would lead to more confusion than not showing the percentage, because players would look at the number and expect to consistently achieve that percentage of effectiveness, but that is not the case.

So while you've heard that critical strike "caps at 50%" bear in mind that when you are doing any sort of challenging content, the cap is not something you are going to hit unless you focus every single gem, companion power, insignia, and piece of equipment you own on that single stat and that stat alone. The counter ratings will bring your percentage down below the cap. And when you are scaled down into a lower level dungeon, your stats will remain largely relative to one another. So your chances should remain fairly similar against the enemies you have been scaled to fight.
    I keep hearing how the goal is to simplify and to make things easier to understand. however this is a key component to success we are talking about it is it nearly impossible to grok.. plan or implement if all the baddies have different stats. we want to make builds that work. what we have now makes that feel downright impossible. it would be far more user friendly to have it be via zone/level for stats and have it visible in our stats sheet so it's clear where we are at and what we need to do to improve. the anti stat thing is not intuitive and is offputting.

that's my feedback..
    I certainly understand your feedback, and we have had endless debates on this topic internally. For launch, we are planning to provide ways for players to see the enemy ratings in queues and in campaign zones. But we are absolutely considering other improvements based on feedback.

With that said, I think there are a couple of assumptions that are made as an argument for displaying percentages that are worth challenging. First of all, yes, we have made a number of changes with the goal of simplifying things. However, a counter rating system is, if you analyze it deeply, a bit more complex than a system where the percentages remain unchanged. (Although those systems have their own problems, which I won't go into for now.)

However, not displaying percentages in the menu is not necessarily at odds with keeping things simple. After all, if percentages are displayed, the ratings need to state clearly in their description that they are only representative, and prop up a hypothetical enemy for your stats to be tested against. Also, the "show the percentages against an enemy in the zone" argument is difficult, because some zones may have exceptions to this, such as hunt marks which are balanced to be stronger than normal enemies in the zone. If we showed percentages, but had some ever-changing prop enemy we were comparing you against, that could honestly be more confusing for a more casual player as they wonder why their percentages are always changing, even if we do try to explain succinctly what is happening.

At its simplest level, the idea that critical strike rating increases your chance to critically strike is pretty straightforward. In almost all cases, that is going to be the case, if you put more critical rating on your character, your chance to crit will go up. There are basically two exceptions to this rule: when you are in an area you have seriously over leveled (at which point who cares if you hit the critical cap, you're going to be crushing things) or you have invested a serious amount of time stacking basically every single slot you have towards one stat. At this point, if you're that dedicated, you're going to have talked with some amount of people, or read some amount of guides and tip posts to realize that it may be worth checking against the enemy rating values in whatever the hardest content you're targeting is.

So who does displaying the percentages serve? Any tuned in players are going to talk about builds and best in slot at least casually enough to know about any important thresholds to aim for or avoid. But we're also generally aiming so that those thresholds to avoid, those hard caps, are not something you'll accidentally run into. You could make the argument that people won't talk about specific rating thresholds and limits for areas that you outlived, and if you could see those, you could adjust your gear when you're in those lower level areas, but is there a reason to do this when the area should already be easy?

Know that I'm not saying that we won't make any changes, and that we will never show percentages. We just currently don't plan to for launch. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and you're welcome to disagree with any of these points. Ultimately, this is a question of individual preference, and it's not something that is trivial to implement a solution for, so we have other areas we're focusing resources on ahead of launch.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    asterdahl said:

ixanatar said:

hustin1 said:

Removing power from all of our Loyal Avenger gear was not nice. Frankly, it feels like a screw job. Now I have to refine empowered runestones to the n'th degree to make up for it.

@asterdahl WHAT?!

Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how many hours (hundreds, probably) I wasted acquiring that gear legitimately? You arseholes.
    Loyal Avenger equipment wasn't specifically nerfed, but rather equipment works differently now—power is now a primary rating that appears on certain equipment slots like your body, arms, feet, head and weapons. As you upgrade new equipment, you're always going to be getting power, it's an unavoidable stat now, that ensures everyone has a base level of damage increase as their equipment gets better.

Prior to Module 16, power was treated as a secondary rating, where you could actually not have your power go up depending on the equipment you chose. Accessories now only have secondary ratings, meaning you're free to specialize in whatever stat you like with those slots. As loyal companion equipment are accessories, power has been replaced with a secondary rating.

Keep in mind that there will be new equipment to obtain in Module 16 regardless, and that equipment will feature higher item levels, so even if power had remained a secondary stat, there would be better pieces to acquire. However, I certainly understand the frustration when an item you own changes.

It may not always seem like it, but we're not happy when we have to change things like this, and we agonize over whether to make a change that would require an item to be adjusted drastically. However, since this is an expansion, we've taken the opportunity to make these necessary and difficult game wide changes because most equipment will be replaced anyway.

These items should still be strong, and give you stats that increase your damage, but please, let us know if that is not the case.
    When Loyal gear first appeared I loaded up on Loyal Defender specifically so I could handle life post-mod 6. I have a LOT of it. And now you've removed Defense from -- wait for it -- Loyal DEFENDER.

To say I am beyond infuriated would be an understatement.

As for "primary vs. secondary" stats -- Bravo Sierra. What you've done is eliminate any control we have over them with our companions. You've even nerfed runestones into the ground for good measure. It's not right.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Everytime i change loadout on my wizard (i didn't test on other classes) one of my Bonding Rank 14 goes missing, then i have to unequip the remaining 2 bondings so the third appears. It is like when i change loadout 2 of them goes inside to the same runeslot leaving one slot open.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    I played on 3 different char's the intro to undermountain. All 3 times I had a different blue weapon drop. All 3 times the weapon was not one that my char could use. This blue weapon could not be used by my char, could not be turned into rp, could not be sold to an npc for gold, and it was bound to char so it could not even be used on an alt. Could this please be changed so we could do something with it other then just discarding it? Also could you please make it so we can swap seal of the brave for seal of the crown easier. Doing them one at a time when you have 1200 of them would be time consuming.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I played on 3 different char's the intro to undermountain. All 3 times I had a different blue weapon drop. All 3 times the weapon was not one that my char could use. This blue weapon could not be used by my char, could not be turned into rp, could not be sold to an npc for gold, and it was bound to char so it could not even be used on an alt. Could this please be changed so we could do something with it other then just discarding it? Also could you please make it so we can swap seal of the brave for seal of the crown easier. Doing them one at a time when you have 1200 of them would be time consuming.

Thanks for the report! I'll let our rewards designer know about the weapon drop. Also, that seals issue is a bug, I apologize for how annoying that is, it should be fixed before live.
  • mortsmashmortsmash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can Ostorian Relics (all levels) and Reclaimed Magic, Weapons, and Riches be moved to the wealth tab? The flavor text and concept of these materials more closely resembles the items on the wealth inventory tab than the items in general inventory.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    All companions (the items in one's inventory) are bound to character as soon as you log on preview.

Is it meant to be so? Cause it certainly is scary
  • venetrix2#1417 venetrix2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

What am I, as are ALL the other "VIPs" getting, 'cos this is utterly ridiculous. Part of the VIP advertising is the 25 ID scrolls per day.

Just seconding this. My main reasons for getting VIP were the enchanted keys/workshop instant travel, but the scrolls are a nice bonus, and it'd be good to see them replaced with something - maybe refinement stones?
  • venetrix2#1417 venetrix2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The "Twigblight's Instinct" companion power gives "+3 Null" on equip, according to the tooltip
    edited March 2019
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

shiani1 said:

just 3done to make that one not so crazy. It took me over an hour to complete it because there were multiple people grabbing for the vials when they dropped...then waiting again for spawn and rinse and repeat. It was a discouraging start.

that's my feedback..
    I certainly understand your feedback, and we have had endless debates on this topic internally. For launch, we are planning to provide ways for players to see the enemy ratings in queues and in campaign zones. But we are absolutely considering other improvements based on feedback.

With that said, I think there are a couple of assumptions that are made as an argument for displaying percentages that are worth challenging. First of all, yes, we have made a number of changes with the goal of simplifying things. However, a counter rating system is, if you analyze it deeply, a bit more complex than a system where the percentages remain unchanged. (Although those systems have their own problems, which I won't go into for now.)

However, not displaying percentages in the menu is not necessarily at odds with keeping things simple. After all, if percentages are displayed, the ratings need to state clearly in their description that they are only representative, and prop up a hypothetical enemy for your stats to be tested against. Also, the "show the percentages against an enemy in the zone" argument is difficult, because some zones may have exceptions to this, such as hunt marks which are balanced to be stronger than normal enemies in the zone. If we showed percentages, but had some ever-changing prop enemy we were comparing you against, that could honestly be more confusing for a more casual player as they wonder why their percentages are always changing, even if we do try to explain succinctly what is happening.

At its simplest level, the idea that critical strike rating increases your chance to critically strike is pretty straightforward. In almost all cases, that is going to be the case, if you put more critical rating on your character, your chance to crit will go up. There are basically two exceptions to this rule: when you are in an area you have seriously over leveled (at which point who cares if you hit the critical cap, you're going to be crushing things) or you have invested a serious amount of time stacking basically every single slot you have towards one stat. At this point, if you're that dedicated, you're going to have talked with some amount of people, or read some amount of guides and tip posts to realize that it may be worth checking against the enemy rating values in whatever the hardest content you're targeting is.

So who does displaying the percentages serve? Any tuned in players are going to talk about builds and best in slot at least casually enough to know about any important thresholds to aim for or avoid. But we're also generally aiming so that those thresholds to avoid, those hard caps, are not something you'll accidentally run into. You could make the argument that people won't talk about specific rating thresholds and limits for areas that you outlived, and if you could see those, you could adjust your gear when you're in those lower level areas, but is there a reason to do this when the area should already be easy?

Know that I'm not saying that we won't make any changes, and that we will never show percentages. We just currently don't plan to for launch. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and you're welcome to disagree with any of these points. Ultimately, this is a question of individual preference, and it's not something that is trivial to implement a solution for, so we have other areas we're focusing resources on ahead of launch.
    1st off, I don't care about being overbuilt for lower zones and I don't think anyone does :)

2ndly, how does it work on live now? I don't expect that what we see is true for every enemy we encounter. experience says that some enemies are tougher than others in all the zones. but we can tell from our stats page how we are overall. the only changing variable currently is arpen and we have three goals to hit depending on what zone you are in and what you're doing. but it's easy to tell how close you are because stat pages tells you what rate you're at.

but, with the negative stats and positive stats and a bunch of different stats doing similar but different things AND having it change randomly isn't something we can build for. Especially with no compass in the stats page. Honest to god, for me, this is the biggest stumbling block I have right now. visuals would be really helpful, otherwise we're all going to have to have spreadsheets to play at all.. I mean is the expectation that we're going to change out our enchants every time we come across a different dude? I could handle the variable arpen stat because one is manageable. We have an idea of what to do and what effect that will have..

I personally dig complexity in general.. when it's manageable. I liked the old artifact refinement system. I liked having various paths to take and feats to pick from for optimal builds, I like the character building and stat management of the game as it is on live, but those things are compartmentalized. they're manageable and they're something that has an end. I can spend a few hours building my toon knowing what zone I'm going to be in most for the next x period of time, and mostly not worry about it until I need something new and have to stat manage again. but this.. this is a different and wild animal you've got here.

I honestly think as it stands now it's going to alienate a good portion of the user base. what if it showed us US vs the stats for the very highest enemy of a zone. as what we need to build for. some kind of graph or table in the stats page showing our balance and effectiveness over all would be very very helpful in toon building.

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I think that all lures in the game need to be unified. Ravenloft done in more right way (stackable and tradable on auction), Chult done in the bad way (takes too much of inventory and falls very often). Considering that Chult hunt results are mostly for collections and achievements now, please fix Chult lures and at least make them like Ravenlofts one. The best solution would special container on key tab like with Ravenloft cards.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Envenomed Stroyteller's Journal grants 100% AP. It should grant 25% AP to bring it in line with the DC Sigil.
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    " Lifesteal was problematic in that it invalidated most sources of healing and created a situation where a player’s health bar was typically in one of two states: full, or dead. "
    Jared Sears
    Lead Systems Designer

"You can make up for mistakes by spending extra divinity to heal more, but be careful not to run out.|
    Asterdahl
    Systems Designer

[Combat (Self)] Huntsman deals 334333 (430779) Physical Damage to you with Charge.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    @asterdahl I have to agree with @thefiresidecat on the matter of finding SOME way to show figured stats or % chances figured from opposing stats.

I'm continually struggling to get onto Preview (which is an issue at my end, so that's not a complaint... it's driving me insane... but hey ho.) but I'm struggling to see how we are supposed to keep track of our Opposed Stat chances, when scaling post M16 is going to be so much more prevalent than it currently is on live.

Can't we even get something really simple? Like if you are just standing still, out of combat in a given zone you can open the Character Sheet, look at the Base Stat, hover over it, and have it show what that Base Stat offers as its % chance when Opposed against the Standard Base Stat of the monsters in that zone?

Are we going to have to manually check the maths on EVERY opposed stat in EVERY zone we drop DOWN into to see if the scaling has kept the percentage chances the same?

I'm not a super serious stat-head, (I know some people who are...) but I don't like the idea of scaling down creating a situation where I'm either likely to be wasting stats in one area while needing them in other, OR having to have a notepad at the side of me telling me what tweaks I need to make to EVERY Character, in EVERY Load Out, in EVERY Zone in order to hit optimum efficiency.
    Not when a simple tool tip can alleviate that.

Now, if someone can offer a steel plated guarantee that Scaling down from L80 to Any other level will grant EXACTLY the same percentage chances on opposed rolls in every zone against every monster level, then OK... it's certainly not ideal but I will build for L80 ONLY and move on with it.
    But I'm guessing that guarantee isn't a likelihood because I don't imagine such a promise is possible with so many variables in the mix.

So please. Help us out and find a way to show us those figured Percentages somewhere in the Character Sheet.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    ------------
    Playing a CW, the Int attribute gives a Magical Damage Boost of +0, which is a mistake bad enough for CWs to pick Dex over Int.

Generally, the damage from artifacts is so much greater than class powers damage, that you may us well just run around avoiding damage during the artifact cooldown, and not be bothered attacking.

Our pets are far more damaging than we are, with a fraction of our stats and gear.
    I've seen a 12K SW's skyblade kobald pet consistently do over 1mill DPS with it's Slash.

Enchant stats are messed up: The Rank 13, 14 and 15 stones all add up to 340 stat points - whether they're multi-stat, or single stat.

---------------
    Lots to iron out, but thanks for this effort. Hopefully going to re-invigorate the game considerably.
    Post edited by lukejones77 on
  • random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this goes here or not but:

Bug: At the end of Into the Wilds quest, I cannot interact with the chest with the message: "cannot currently interact with" as if I'm still in combat. The portal out tells me to collect my magic relic, so I should be able to interact with the chest as both times I have collected all 9 magic relics.

This has happened in both expeditions so far and I'm a perma puppet warlock if that matters.

@mordekai#1901 I'm not even worried about the lower zones or building for them, but it's my understanding that even in the level 80 zones, different zones are going to have different stats. If it's honestly just a concern of sub80's zones will be incorrect if there is a stat sheet.. then I'm really ok with that level of incorrectness in the stat sheet and there really should be no reason it wouldnt be a thing.. but I'm understanding that this massive variance will be in the new end game zones and that will become a problem if we can't tell what we need to dispatch the baddies efficiently.. because i think we can all agree, spamming our weak weak at wills at a bunch of mobs for five minutes waiting for them to die and hoping we have the right defenses not to be one shot by them, isn't at the top of the list of fun things to do in neverwinter. lol.
    I checked on the Monster Ratings feedback thread (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246305/official-m16-enemy-ratings) and it suggests that the "Stats" are the same across the board on every zone by level.

BUT there will be added levels of difficulty, which I presume to mean their use of those stats in the way they deliver CC, Damage, etc. The Opposing Roll chances will (according to that) remain the same.

So Pokey the Goblin has the same Stats as Smashy the Ogre, but if Smashy succeeds with say a CRIT, his Critical attack will deliver higher damage than Pokey's.
    Likewise a success against Pokey will stand a better chance of killing him, because he will have fewer Hit Points than Smashy.

So there are varying Attributes, (e.g. HP, Damage.) but the Stats in regard to opposing rolls are uniform across a zone.
  • susanna#6357 susanna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Feedback: Mimic preview, boons are okay but really don't like the specific ones against enemies, what happened to guild boons? will we still have them? otherwise what is the purpose of having guilds if not for the specific boons? I don't like that we can only use companion equipment for our companions I have been playing for over a year and I have yet to see any level 5 companion equipment, Having to use those instead of what my companion was wearing, dropped my item level significantly. I also don't like that you use runestones in the companion equipment now either, why not just let us continue to use our regular enchantments? And, lastly, for now, if you aren't going to change the companion equipment, please give them two regular slots at least and not one regular and one overload.And if you insist on giving us one overload, then 2 regular slots with the overload. Seems like you want the characters that we have spent time and MONEY building to be way weaker than what they are now. If you are just trying to get people to spend more money, then you will have people leaving the game in droves giving you less people to spend money. Could be a bad business decision on your part

I checked on the Monster Ratings feedback thread (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246305/official-m16-enemy-ratings) and it suggests that the "Stats" are the same across the board on every zone by level.

BUT there will be added levels of difficulty, which I presume to mean their use of those stats in the way they deliver CC, Damage, etc. The Opposing Roll chances will (according to that) remain the same.

So Pokey the Goblin has the same Stats as Smashy the Ogre, but if Smashy succeeds with say a CRIT, his Critical attack will deliver higher damage than Pokey's.
    Likewise a success against Pokey will stand a better chance of killing him, because he will have fewer Hit Points than Smashy.

So there are varying Attributes, (e.g. HP, Damage.) but the Stats in regard to opposing rolls are uniform across a zone.

if thats true a level 80 stat page should be perfectly doable. just state it on the stats page it's for level 80 zones but not lower than that.

but.. if the example were one does more crit than the other that might mean their crit chance vs opposite stat or other stats like that do vary among the zones in which case we're back to the same problem. different dudes have different stats in the same zone.

if it is really by zone I don't see why there couldn't even be a static page for each level although in all honesty I'm going to guess 95 % of the people don't even try stat balancing even a little until they get to end level
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

To improve the user friendliness of the game I would strongly suggest to display the percentages based on the zone you are in. It takes a little bit of math skills and understanding to handle the opposing rolls system, so a direct % display for your current zone is quite useful. You did say that the stats setting would be the same for all mobs in a zone and for all stats, so it should be feasible to display a % based on your current zone - just make the tooltip make it clear that this is for the current zone.

I was just about to say the same thing, except I would make it "against an enemy of your (current, adjusted) level". But I actually like your "current zone" idea better.
  • onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Bug: Option:Display:Resolution scale this is always reseted to 0 when I change it to 1
    edited March 2019

if thats true a level 80 stat page should be perfectly doable. just state it on the stats page it's for level 80 zones but not lower than that.

but.. if the example were one does more crit than the other that might mean their crit chance vs opposite stat or other stats like that do vary among the zones in which case we're back to the same problem. different dudes have different stats in the same zone.

if it is really by zone I don't see why there couldn't even be a static page for each level although in all honesty I'm going to guess 95 % of the people don't even try stat balancing even a little until they get to end level
    I don't think any difference in damage done, in that situation, would be due to different Crit stats, but simply by virtue of having a higher damage factor.
    So all monsters would have the same "Stats" such as Power, Defence, Crit, Crit Resist etc, but the weaker mobs within a zone will have lower HP and Powers that do less Damage, and the tougher ones would have more hit points, stronger attack powers and better "specials"; producing more Red on the floor, for example.

I think the broad suggestion that "all monsters in a zone have the same stats" is somewhat misleading, or confusing, as to some people things like "Hit Points" and "Damage" would fall under the broad umbrella of "Stats". So when some monsters are harder to kill, or do a lot more damage than others, it seems that they most certainly DON'T all have the same "Stats".

Ultimately, if someone isn't too bothered about whether variances in scaling due to Stats that come from different sources, affect your Opposing rolls at lower levels... then from what it looks like, the idea is "Build for the zone equal to your own level or probably 1 higher till you hit 80, and then just build for L80."

The only thing is, if scaling down DOES cause annoying fluctuations due to the way Stats gain points from so many sources, (and those sources scale differently) it will be a right pain in the HAMSTER if you have to sit down and work it all out every time you drop down a zone or say, run ETOS or CR with your L80 toon. In which case it would be useful to be able to see them in a scaling scenario (such as when you enter a zone where you are scaled down.)