test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Ranger

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Greetings adventurers. This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the upcoming changes to Ranger in Module 16. If you haven't already please take a moment to read M16: Overview thread.

The most important takeaway in terms of class feedback is: we are still making changes to class powers, both functional and numerical. We wanted to get your hands on the changes sooner than usual. However, as a result, we ask that you realize what you see on preview will change, sometimes dramatically before launch. If you find your perfect build on preview, it may not be the perfect build on live. Powers you feel are very strong, may not stay as strong. We ask for your patience with these changes.

Finally, there are some known issues going into the initial preview build. Particularly in feats, a number of feats may reference powers that are not available when the feat is unlocked, or in some rare cases, reference powers which no longer exist. We have made a number of changes coming out of closed beta, and it is our short term goal to have these feats updated in the near future.

As always, thank you for taking the time to come check things out on preview, we look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Comments

• kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Some of the Hunter Ranger powers are misplaced, the best exemple is new Battlehoned which is placed in Pathfinder path but buffing powers from Stromwarden like boar hide and Fox Cunning (no clue why it shoud be in SW in the first place but ok).

UPD: Nevermind, almost all of the tooltips have not been updated for rus preview server, so it still shows old one.
    Post edited by kaudilho on
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I only had a sneak peak before being disconnected.

A lot of stuff looks weird but I can't judge before I try it.

Aspect of the Pack doesn't enable combat advantage anymore and it makes me really really sad.

Having to enable CA by positioning is fine against a boss, but not at all against mobs.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    i've heard melee powers are dealing half damage, i can't confirm this yet, but it sounds like you forgot to x2 the base weapon damage.
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I can't test anything yet because of the incessant disconnects. But from eyeballing the Ranger - Hunter path (the other path Warden), they managed to pick the correct/apt/crucial/pertinent(!) core At-wills and Encounters and even Passives.

In that sense, so far so good.

I'm going to miss Split the Sky and Thorn Ward though (Warden Path)

It seems Warden path is for trash mobs and Hunter is for Boss fights. I still haven't figured out the core differention other than

that due to constant d/c. It might be ok to switch between those paths.

Lastly, there's a new single target Daily attack called Snipe(?). That's been requested for a long time. Going to be interesting to test that.
  • dottynessy#7710 dottynessy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    "Blade Hurricane"
    This feat doesn't work at all. The Flurry text float during combat doesn't appear, log shows nothing and the at-will damage is the same, no matter what encounter used.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I keep crashing. last crash crashed whole computer.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Also, for plant growth, i think you meant that magnitude per second and not that magnitude spread overtime, becuase that damage is ridiculous, is hitting for less than 1k of damage, while having 25 secs of cooldown and not even controls long enough to be it's sellpoint.
    Another thing that im noticing: New At-Wills don't seem to have an off-hand bonus.
    Overall im feeling pretty disappointed, my powers went from dealing 100k to 10k while an entry lvl monster in CN for example, still deals full damage to me, my expectations were that these changes where balanced with current flow of the game while adding new challenges in new and future content, but now is mod 6 all over again: you deal 10% of the damage, monsters deal the same or more to you and you'll have less healing.
    Post edited by divectore on
    my pc char is about 14 -15k. r 10's mostly. most of my stats are 14.5 except for power and crit which are more. I changed out my ls to rad and I'm rocking a low level soulforged and I'm getting eaten alive by the mobs. I tried to do a t1 he in barovia. dead. I have been doing the intro quests and I can kill the mobs but those mobs can def one shot me. I've been going thru scrolls like candy. I just logged out when I'd revived myself 2 times with a scroll then on the third time they just outright killed me dead. doesn't feel good.

that said so much has been changed Im too confuzzeled to be as angry as I should be :) lol.
  • zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Duoing with my wife "Ivana Huntinghawk@gentlestarz" as a Ranger... she feels disproportionately overpowered. Normal Demogorgon? Two shot before I could close to melee. Assault on Svardborg? Duo'd and bugged out Storvald due to killing his army too quick.
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/
  • shah102shah102 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Now all you have done with the ranger is FAILED! This is not DD, this is not SUPPORT, you are killing the class!
  • gentlestarzgentlestarz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    zaprobo said:

Duoing with my wife "Ivana Huntinghawk@gentlestarz" as a Ranger... she feels disproportionately overpowered. Normal Demogorgon? Two shot before I could close to melee. Assault on Svardborg? Duo'd and bugged out Storvald due to killing his army too quick.

I went on to duo yester hill with a barbarian that was complaining he couldn't do any damage .. i was hitting for 1.5 - 2 mil damage with a 14K item lvl.

• kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Transferred my SW over to the shard. The first thing I noticed is that apparently my racial stats didn't make it, my dex with equipment should be 32 at a campfire and is now 30. You might want to include a race re-roll for those of us that paid to unlock races for a particular toon. Also after playing the first "level" of the new mod in some instances there was a lag of when I fired off an encounter power and when it actually fired and hit, this seemed to be random. Possibly lag. Overall the look and feel seemed good and other bugs that I noticed were covered in other posts that I've read. I am however awaiting a final balancing before I finish any judgement. Right now I have to agree that the scaling needs fixed. My artifact killed an entire mob when I activated it. This is definitely NOT like Mod 6 (which almost made me stop playing) and I'm sure there are still going to be tweaks before live so the sky is not falling.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    divectore said:

i've heard melee powers are dealing half damage, i can't confirm this yet, but it sounds like you forgot to x2 the base weapon damage.

I am having that issue as well. I wondered if it was because of the new stats, but I'm taking a long time to kill mobs which would have been really easy on the live server.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    divectore said:

Also, for plant growth, i think you meant that magnitude per second and not that magnitude spread overtime, becuase that damage is ridiculous, is hitting for less than 1k of damage, while having 25 secs of cooldown and not even controls long enough to be it's sellpoint.
    Another thing that im noticing: New At-Wills don't seem to have an off-hand bonus.
    Overall im feeling pretty disappointed, my powers went from dealing 100k to 10k while an entry lvl monster in CN for example, still deals full damage to me, my expectations were that these changes where balanced with current flow of the game while adding new challenges in new and future content, but now is mod 6 all over again: you deal 10% of the damage, monsters deal the same or more to you and you'll have less healing.

I noticed the same thing with plant growth....it's hardly effective at all and it is quite effective on the live server now. Also, I'm really disappointed that aimed shot and longstrider/gushing wound are not available. I certainly hope they'll be available somewhere before level 80. Right now I feel like I went from a competent damage dealer to a wimp.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

zaprobo said:

I went on to duo yester hill with a barbarian that was complaining he couldn't do any damage .. i was hitting for 1.5 - 2 mil damage with a 14K item lvl.

what are you using paragon/feats/powers what do your stats look like? I'm not having the experience the two of you are describing.
    shiani1 said:

divectore said:

I noticed the same thing with plant growth....it's hardly effective at all and it is quite effective on the live server now. Also, I'm really disappointed that aimed shot and longstrider/gushing wound are not available. I certainly hope they'll be available somewhere before level 80. Right now I feel like I went from a competent damage dealer to a wimp.
    one of the paragons has ls/gushing ls no longer has a buff attached though so not sure how worth it is now. I'm having the same experience as omnivore. I do have I guess I need to try some different powers.
    rynardm said:

Transferred my SW over to the shard. The first thing I noticed is that apparently my racial stats didn't make it, my dex with equipment should be 32 at a campfire and is now 30. You might want to include a race re-roll for those of us that paid to unlock races for a particular toon. Also after playing the first "level" of the new mod in some instances there was a lag of when I fired off an encounter power and when it actually fired and hit, this seemed to be random. Possibly lag. Overall the look and feel seemed good and other bugs that I noticed were covered in other posts that I've read. I am however awaiting a final balancing before I finish any judgement. Right now I have to agree that the scaling needs fixed. My artifact killed an entire mob when I activated it. This is definitely NOT like Mod 6 (which almost made me stop playing) and I'm sure there are still going to be tweaks before live so the sky is not falling.

dex is no longer any good. you want strength for damage. I hope they give us a full reroll on live because we re gonna need to reroll our main stats. also company gear is not good for us anymore. I'm guessing we need to go orcus/vorpal since we naturally already have a lot of crit built in.

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

rynardm said:

dex is no longer any good. you want strength for damage. I hope they give us a full reroll on live because we re gonna need to reroll our main stats. also company gear is not good for us anymore. I'm guessing we need to go orcus/vorpal since we naturally already have a lot of crit built in.

No need for reroll since each Class now has preset Base Ability Scores that can't be altered.

Race bonuses still exist and everything else though.

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Raising your strength to do more damage doesn't seem to help - right now I have a strength of 25 on preview and it shows my physical damage boost shows as +0. So for the moment I am going to assume this is a bug ...

BUG

Strength provides zero Physical Damage Boost
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    BUG:

The Companion Active Power "Hunting Drake's Presence" appears to greatly magnify at-will powers damage (By a factor of 100 or more)

For Example, a typical Split Strike Without Hunting Drake's Presence Slotted:

[Combat (Self)] Your Split Strike deals 3099 (2951) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Slot "Hunting Drake's Presence" and you get this:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Split Strike deals 631545 (601471) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

or

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Rapid Shot deals 1348686 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[NOTE: I am actually not sure how I ended up with this companion ability in the first place as I don't actually have a Hunting Drake. I am guessing this is actually the Hunting Hawk's Companion Ability, but misnamed and buggy in this version of the Mod 16 release (As I do have a Hunting Hawk and the ability reads like the Hawk's old ability in Mod 15)]
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
    Is Storm's Recovery (Warden feat) supposed to work on a per target hit? The tooltip doesn't say so.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User

zaprobo said:

My ranger is doing 125K in an average hit. I also have the Hunting Drake's Presence selected. so that might be the cause. I'm not complaining though. I'm near one shotting the mobs in the new campaign, with bogstandard vistani gear!
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    STR ability bonus specifies that STR adds 0% of physical damage. I do not know if it is display issue or mechanics issue. If it actually adds 0%, it should be removed. If it adds something, it should display actual value. I also think that it should be plain damage bonus rather than physical damage bonus.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Aspect of the Falcon

"+5% damage to target that are within 25ft" will only restrict player position like what Stillness of the Forest did in the past. I suggest to add "+5% crit if target is more than 25ft" so player positioning is not restricted again. This will allow player to choose between damage or crit effect base on their positioning, thus making it interesting and viable for both melee and range build.

EDIT, btw in order to keep things interesting, u might wanna keep the power fair and not tilted on one side. This is to let the player brainstorm instead of showing them the obivious. For example like, "oh I wanna go melee build so ofcourse aspect of the falcon is a must since + 5% damage within 25ft. If I m to go range, its obvious not to take AotF as it doesn't benefit me. pfft… common sense..and as a range I cant pick offensive class feat as it is the only offensive class feat in HUnter paragon and its only for melee build. Damm it sux being a range build".

If the above suggestion ( in cyan ) is to implement, player might think in different manner. Example, "Hmm..I'll pick AotF if I wanna go offensive (Being melee or range doesn't matter ). If I wanna go defensive, i'll pick cruel recovery and pathfinder action if I wanna runaway constantly."

Also I sincerely hope u get rid of those mechanic that are forcing player to be in certain position they don't want to be in. It just suck out all the fun.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
    edited March 2019
    kangkeok said:

Aspect of the Falcon

"+5% damage to target that are within 25ft" will only restrict player position like what Stillness of the Forest did in the past. I suggest to add "+5% crit if target is more than 25ft" so player positioning is not restricted again. This will allow player to choose between damage or crit effect base on their positioning, thus making it interesting and viable for both melee and range build.

That's an interesting idea but why was it "within" instead of "further than" to begin with? The hunter seems to be the right paragon for wannabe archers so why would this work at short-range instead of long-range?
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    artifleur said:

kangkeok said:

Aspect of the Falcon

That's an interesting idea what why was it "within" instead of "further than" to begin with? The hunter seems to be the right paragon for wannabe archers so why would this work at short-range instead of long-range?
    Ikr, it doesn't make sense. Anyway, I don't want this power to favor the melee or the range especially its the only offensive class feature Hunter paragon has. I want it to favor for both. So "+5% damage if target is within 25ft, +5% crit if target is more than 25ft " will fix it. Hope the developer listen.
  • maserottomaserotto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm an HR 17.2k in the MOD 15. I always played HR since I started, so I think I know this class.

-Longstrider Strike gives no buff at all. I tried to throw it at the maximum distance i could, and i got zero speed and dmg boost.
    -Plantgrowth is nerfed, it barely exceed 2k dmg with something like 20 seconds of cooldown.

I know that since it's the second day in preview there are a lot of bugs.
    BUT:
    -The ranged build is not competitive at all, as in the previous MOD 15. Trapper build deals even less dmg than before now, i think that roots are broken.
    -The distribution of encounter power between Pathfinder and Stormwarden is not good at all. As in the MOD 15 the choice is very narrow and strictly related to the same 2 or 3 power, while the others are basically useless.
    -You totally destroyed the old combat build, nerfing all the dmg and powers. In the case of Longstrider Strike you even moved this power to the Pathfinder build, basically destroying the MAIN source of dps for an HR.
    -I did Kessel alone to test my dps and I was pretty embarassed since I dealt something like 15% of the boss hp in more than 1 minute. All the dmg are to be tested again, because something is not working.