test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Warlock

Greetings adventurers. This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the upcoming changes to Warlock in Module 16. If you haven't already please take a moment to read M16: Overview thread.

The most important takeaway in terms of class feedback is: we are still making changes to class powers, both functional and numerical. We wanted to get your hands on the changes sooner than usual. However, as a result, we ask that you realize what you see on preview will change, sometimes dramatically before launch. If you find your perfect build on preview, it may not be the perfect build on live. Powers you feel are very strong, may not stay as strong. We ask for your patience with these changes.

Finally, there are some known issues going into the initial preview build. Particularly in feats, a number of feats may reference powers that are not available when the feat is unlocked, or in some rare cases, reference powers which no longer exist. We have made a number of changes coming out of closed beta, and it is our short term goal to have these feats updated in the near future.

As always, thank you for taking the time to come check things out on preview, we look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Comments

• nscythe#3122 nscythe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why is the healing spec better for dps then the dps spec? Theres no reason for dust to dust to be on souldweaver instead of hellbringer.
    Why is gates of hell so weak compared to the other dailies.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

va8Ru.gif
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    Bugs So Far:
    Soulweaver:
    Tab Ability seems to be broken by a feat, Essence of Time. I -think- it gives soul sparks, but does not deal damage or heal the caster. The other feat works fine, as does the unfeated power.
    Vampiric Embrace doesn't give meaningful amounts of hitpoints or temphp- I may have just been taking damage too quickly, but lack of green numbers or a log entry lead me to think it's just not working.
    There are certainly more bugs, but I'm unable to stay connected. Cheers!
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • xsmallz14xxsmallz14x Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Shatter Spark seems to be a bit hard to get to actually heal. You can use the spell but it sometimes doesnt actually heal and it also seems the radius of it is smaller than it says.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @pitmonster#5684 said:
    > Why exclude Pillar of Power from Hellbringer? Why exclude Soul Desecration from Soulweaver???? And the soul puppet is a mere shadow of itself (pun intended), it has no threat enhancement, which was a primary reason to run one solo to keep mobs off of a single squishy toon.
    >
    > Why are you making these builds so freaking limited and cookie cutter? Why don't you just make whatever build you want and just hand it to us if you are going to make these classes so restricted and so limited in choice!

I can't speak to the rest of this yet because I'm still patching, but Soul Puppet tank feats were really some of those "false choices" that mainly just trick newer players into adopting non-viable playstyles.

Sure, it's annoying for the rare player who made a conscious decision to make a tank puppet build for novelty value or maybe to do much higher-level content on a severely undergeared character, but Soul Puppet tanks had no real use in the mid-to-end game.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Soulweaver.... but Hellbringer uses soulsparks....

Then why the hell is it called soulweaver...?

SW is a hot mess.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

> Why exclude Pillar of Power from Hellbringer? Why exclude Soul Desecration from Soulweaver???? And the soul puppet is a mere shadow of itself (pun intended), it has no threat enhancement, which was a primary reason to run one solo to keep mobs off of a single squishy toon.

>

> Why are you making these builds so freaking limited and cookie cutter? Why don't you just make whatever build you want and just hand it to us if you are going to make these classes so restricted and so limited in choice!

I can't speak to the rest of this yet because I'm still patching, but Soul Puppet tank feats were really some of those "false choices" that mainly just trick newer players into adopting non-viable playstyles.

Sure, it's annoying for the rare player who made a conscious decision to make a tank puppet build for novelty value or maybe to do much higher-level content on a severely undergeared character, but Soul Puppet tanks had no real use in the mid-to-end game.

For the SW you really could run 3 loadouts (more Zen buy for Cyrptic)
    1. Soul Puppet - This was good for solo content as it kept the heat off the SW.
    2. DPS - Just a pure DPS build done various ways
    3. Healer - Those Templock builds

Now your Hellbringer path, you can either do 10% more at-will damage or have a perma soul puppet. But of course now the puppet does not have all that extra threat, damage mitigation, etc. Its now a Suck Puppet.
  • pentagram#8962 pentagram Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Without DoT's I literally don't know what it means to be a SW anymore. Which is fine because the mechanic wasn't very good for DPS. But this is very different from what I was expecting. Anyway: overall impression is that it's not bad. But the powers are still just as clunky as they were in mod15. This has to end for the sanity of players everywhere.

The disparity between Encounter-power damage and Daily damage is huge for some reason. Dailies are at the moment are once every 60 seconds annihilate as many enemies as you want. Whereas you can throw 7,8,9 encounters and kill nothing.

Artifact's do more DPS than I do.
    My soul puppet does more damage than I do.
    My Companion has more HP, Defense and more damage than I do.
    Literally my companion 1 shots lvl 77 mobs with his at-wills. But I, as a level 80 character, cannot even with Killing Flames.

• arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    Bug: Curse Bite (Soulweaver) seems to play the sound for every target hit- resulting in a deafening racket with more than 2 targets.
    Feedback: Wraith's Shadow should stack with itself, possibly with diminishing returns. It's an excellent ability for healing uptime, but only really shines in areas with large packs, I feel.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

vorphied said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

>

For the SW you really could run 3 loadouts (more Zen buy for Cyrptic)
    1. Soul Puppet - This was good for solo content as it kept the heat off the SW.
    2. DPS - Just a pure DPS build done various ways
    3. Healer - Those Templock builds

Now your Hellbringer path, you can either do 10% more at-will damage or have a perma soul puppet. But of course now the puppet does not have all that extra threat, damage mitigation, etc. Its now a Suck Puppet.
    I get what you're saying, but it basically sucked before. I understand that some players may have wanted to use it as a tank, but it was never needed to be one since solo content is very easy, and the most efficient way to clear it is to allow enemies to converge on the player so that they can be blasted more quickly.

I suppose my point is that almost no one is going to miss tank puppet since it's not needed for solo and is absolutely horrible in party content.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    From some testing in SH at dummies:
    Parting Blasphemy: This feat is proc-ing even without being taken in the paragon feat choice. If chosen, it does not increase dmg done.
    Flames of Empowerment: Tooltip says it stacks 3 times, it is stacking up to 10 times (giving 10% increase)
    Hadar's Grasp: Curse Consume says it will increase hold and spawn soul puppet, it has not spawned a puppet.
    Dark Revelry: Was granting a party member 18k+ stats, and appeared to be stacking. It is not a passive buff as the tooltip leads one to believe, warlock must attack or do something to proc it (I got it to proc off Harrowstorm)

Creeping Death is absurdly useless in this form. The dmg is meager, but to add insult it was not proc-ing on my target until I stopped attacking them for some period of time and only dealt dmg based on my last hit. It was also only hitting 3 times for around 7% dmg dealt (tooltip says it should do 10% dmg over 5 secs)
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I have been trying the soulweaver for a while tonight and it seems way too broken, out of combat i get full soul sparks and in combat using harrowstorm does more dmg than a hellbringer build and i can spam it
    Add: im guessing the broken part is that souls sparks are being recharged out of combat instead of consumed
    Post edited by gonzakotwi on
    edited March 2019

Not even 12 hours into preview testing for Mod 16...... @asterdahl

Good thing Warlocks are already on the 'Nerf Schedule'... God forbid we be good at soloing content, so much so that we are being complained about in a separate Classes thread.

Mind you, devil's advocate of sorts, maybe Warlock's are 'too good'. I can't honestly say we are, or are not, let alone with it being less then a day into the Test Shard for Mod 16. Just seems kinda 'meh' to read that in another thread...

Ok, enough dilly dallying on this little gem of awesomeness, back to the Test Shard I go!

va8Ru.gif

Warlock's aren't overpowered... All the other classes are just very underpowered.

va8Ru.gif
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    If both paragons are going to keep the Soul Spark mechanic, can we please please PLEASE for the love of Fierna and all things unholy move the Soul Spark counter/gauge around in Customize HUD?
    If someone knows how to do that currently, I would be very grateful to know how.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Playing a SW feels very clunky and slow atm. And not beeing able to Curse (with tab) as SW really feels bad

I really like not needing to curse now, it's nice be able to just jump in the fight like the other classes rather than curse and everything be dead by the time I can do anything ... I just don't under why SS is on tab now, granted SS was awesome as a spamable ability but now ...
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Ignore this
    On soulweaver im gaining soul sparks for doing nothing all the time, even out of combat. Using dreadtheft has a good chance to lock your character looking backwards and not even killing yourself fixes it, you have to relog. The first feat on the bottom in soul weaver makes your tab not deal damage.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hm, my DC can hit for 400k with his daily at low gear 100k with encounter.
    My warlock does not feel that powerfull atm, Soulscorch 20k baaam... why collecting sparks for that wed noodle special? :)))
    GF feels promising atm... but more to check tbh
    Beside that it feels like someone grabbed into a bag and devided powers randomly between those 2 path.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Kinda funny that I can dps with my SW using dreadtheft and arms of hadar on live just fine. Here, it's like watching mobs die of old age. Not to mention could actually kill @#$% with my at-wills also on live!

Think this is the end for me if there aren't significant changes. Who's going to grind old and new campaigns with such sluggish, slow, and awkward powers now?

This new system is not going to work in the end. At-wills used to do damage which was great, then you threw in your encounters when you needed more damage, and lastly your daily. Now it just boils down to encounters and combating cool downs for grinding.

The game WAS NOT designed for this. Devs created long and tedious campaigns that you want to complete asap. Drastically slowing down your progress is going to drive a large chunk of the player base away from the game.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Haven't done extensive testing yet, but played dailies on all my chars (SW, OP, GF and DC) and didn't feel that much difference.
    Surely first impression is soulweaver is more complete than hellbringer at the moment, i'm nodoby to say if the first one needs to be toned down or the second needs tweaks but ofc i'd choose the latter. What looks currently lackluster on the DPS spec imho is:
    - class features don't seem to be balanced: soulweaver has the only damage buffing one (dust to dust); FoE still looks a situational; new NPNM and ACC looks weaker than before because of crit cap and single target at-wills; deadly curse deals at-will magnitude dmg and better me to pass on the others.
    - having too many curse consume/synergy encounter is forcing players using skills with awful casting times/animation like arms of hadar, making rotation clunky as hell. Haven't reach lvl 80 yet so probably hellfire ring will help, but it's still an issue while levelling.
    - (sorry have to say it) i really dislike new SS, both for dmg and sparks consumed, looks there's no point using tab any more.
    Don't want to be misunderstood: I strongly believe that these changes are for the better and highly hope the constructive feed-back will be listened in order to make changes easier to manage and game more enjoyable :)

arms of hadar tooltip is not stating CD is increased on use (like is now on live)
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/273357223080624128/551307222861479936/53030547_1940356829420366_3381597789896048640_n.jpg?width=691&height=389
    This is a current comparison of the different classes “DPS” potential relative to the Ranger class. As indicated the Warlock is not overpowered in comparison to other “DPS” classes besides the barbarian(GWF). The Warlock needs to be re-evaluated and changed in a way that it is as close to being as equally competitive as possible to classes like the wizard, ranger, and rouge when using our Hellbringer path.
    In additional notes- The Barbarian also deserves the same treatment in regards to its “DPS” paragon.
    So far I haven't progressed in the new campaign as yet, basically running around old content trying to get used to the new way things are...

Hellbringer just get's crushed in old content. You can't DPS fast enough to out heal/live the damage you receive. Maybe that's the way it's designed to be, and maybe my companions are all wrong. Just feels like it's a lost cause with the Path as is...

Soulweaver is much better to solo content with, like infinitely better. Combat takes a bit longer then before, but generally seems fluid. I feel more... I dunno, flexible? I really like the concept of Soul Essence being used to power Encounter Powers, it makes it feel more tactical on what I'm doing and what I'm targeting. Not having to Curse things is a dream come true, I friggin love it.

General Notes/Advice:

***If your working solo-content I highly, highly recommend having a healing/tank companion out and about to draw attention from baddies. In fact I think it's almost a much for any Warlock build, and maybe any Class build in general.

***It's definitely a brand new game, and it's gonna take a while to wrap my (our) heads around it. However, I like it so far. It's kind of like knowing how to play Baseball... You have a bat, ball, glove and you know the what is supposed to happen in the game (from past experience playing) but the rules are all different.

***The not Cursing has been spectacular, and I've been using the ability that gains 15 Soul Essences every 15 seconds currently for Soulweaver. Not sure that is
    va8Ru.gif
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Soulweaver.... but Hellbringer uses soulsparks....

Then why the hell is it called soulweaver...?

SW is a hot mess.

I play Hellbringer on live so that I don't have to deal with managing soul sparks, and to add insult to injury I lose Pillar of Power to boot. I spent several hours playing my Hellbringer SW on preview last night and I'm not a happy camper.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    These guys are all over the dang place... can't imagine that's WAI.