test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

There are plenty of smaller changes and bugs that don't fall into the specific category threads. Use this thread for any feedback that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Unidentified Items and Identify Scrolls

With Undermountain we changed it so that gear that drops is no longer unidentified. As such we also stopped dropping identify scrolls in loot as well. Overall unidentified items was not a feature we felt added to the game and that it was time to move away from that concept going forward.

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    is there somewhere that gives more info on what these stats mean / a manual of all these new terms? the old way I saw this power does x amount of damage. now I see Magnitude of 500.;. is that damage?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    That's a small but handy QoL change. Will anything different go in the VIP daily pack?
  • yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Unsure if it was a bug, merely part of trouble staying connected or something related with the changes to class. For the 12 minutes I managed to log in the server, I noticed my initial stats weren't as I initially rolled them while in character creation.

When I first created the character at lvl 1, rolling stats and such, I had X values. Logged in preview. Those values for the stats were all different aside the one for the main stat of the class.
    Dex was negative.
    Cha and Wis were low with Int pumped to 17.
    Str was a bit higher.
    Only Con was the same.

My question being: bug or are classes agonna get a chnage on which stats matter most to them?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

To mitigate problem, please consider adding an EXCHANGE of sorts for a limited time at launch so that people may EXCHANGE their enchantments r13/r14 for appropriate ones in order to escape the major problem which happened back in MOD6. These should be exchangeable for appropriate companion-only enchantments.

Good news! According to This Other Thread you *will* be able to trade Real Enchantments for Companion Enchantments on preview shortly, and it says this feature will be available "for a time after launch" which to me means "on live" but a couple of people have asked for confirmation.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I can log in, get to character creation screen, and sometimes actually load PE, but after a couple minutes I get DC'd again, only to have try again.

• lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Same here. I can not stay on without being disconnected immediately. Kinda a disappointment since I wanted to try it out.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Unsure if it was a bug, merely part of trouble staying connected or something related with the changes to class. For the 12 minutes I managed to log in the server, I noticed my initial stats weren't as I initially rolled them while in character creation.

When I first created the character at lvl 1, rolling stats and such, I had X values. Logged in preview. Those values for the stats were all different aside the one for the main stat of the class.
    Dex was negative.
    Cha and Wis were low with Int pumped to 17.
    Str was a bit higher.
    Only Con was the same.

My question being: bug or are classes agonna get a chnage on which stats matter most to them?

Ability Scores affect different stats than they previously did, and are no longer different per class.

On top of that, a given class has a set layout of initial ability score distribution, however they can still customize the point spends while leveling and through different ability score boosts through gear.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Yeah, character respec going to be a long haul with disconnects every minute or so.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

1. When logging in, many of my pets went directly into overflow bag and I was unable to progress to the new map due to that reason.

2. Not being able to equip non-companion specific gear is a terrible choice. It will make many people angry at that decision. It is unwise to leave it like that. To mitigate problem, please consider adding an EXCHANGE of sorts for a limited time at launch so that people may EXCHANGE their enchantments r13/r14 for appropriate ones in order to escape the major problem which happened back in MOD6. These should be exchangeable for appropriate companion-only enchantments.

Thank you.

Yep, I'll bet those old companion rings are already blowing up in price. I specifically went for the new executioner rings BEC AUSE they were better than the old companion gear. I don't have gobs of ad to replace everything that they made unusable. It's not like the rings just got a nerf, they are UNUSABLE. So, when mod 16 drops, my companion just won't have any gear making the bonding stones useless by default. Bad, Cryptic. BAD.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Dagger artifact at mythic level.

Just...wow.

It now insta-kills anything in the circle.

Enjoying it until it gets re-balanced.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    my tribal polar bear has never been fed. it's emaciated looking and runs like it's been in a prison camp for 30 years.. really strange. doesn't look anything like it should as your running. from the side it looks normal
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I think balance needs some major work. I can get around Barovia much as I did before in terms of how long mobs take to kill. Just need more potions than before. Which I suppose is an intended effect. Dread Ring takes much longer, the extended encounter cool-downs is having a significant effect against enemies there. Stronghold is even worse. Spiders et al are much the same as before other than hits on the health bar they would not have made before. But small groups of Orcs are taking an age to killand hit a fighter character hard. This is the highest IL toon in the guild. I can not see much in the way of Influence donations if this sort of balance hits live. The biggest turn off in Mod 6 was people not being able to solo content that they had previously been able to manage.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I think balance needs some major work. I can get around Barovia much as I did before in terms of how long mobs take to kill. Just need more potions than before. Which I suppose is an intended effect. Dread Ring takes much longer, the extended encounter cool-downs is having a significant effect against enemies there. Stronghold is even worse. Spiders et al are much the same as before other than hits on the health bar they would not have made before. But small groups of Orcs are taking an age to killand hit a fighter character hard. This is the highest IL toon in the guild. I can not see much in the way of Influence donations if this sort of balance hits live. The biggest turn off in Mod 6 was people not being able to solo content that they had previously been able to manage.

We're still working out some kinks in the level scaling. In particular, Stronghold is its own special beast as that zone also scales players up. Stronghold is probably the least final in terms of scaling, but we will be addressing this in the near future. In the meantime, I'd recommend not playing on the stronghold map until a patch note indicates that the map's scaling issues have been addressed.

Dagger artifact at mythic level.

Just...wow.

It now insta-kills anything in the circle.

Enjoying it until it gets re-balanced.

There are some issues with some artifact and mount powers. Obviously those are bugs, so play knowing that those will be adjusted, but enjoy them for now.
  • wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Tried out FBI just to see how things compared, there was a wall of snow after the first set of mobs which was impossible to get past.
  • kassabrekassabre Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    "Invert Camera X" and "Invert Camera Y" settings are missing under Gameplay\General Menu. This is making my mouse move in the opposite direction from what I'm used to. Was this an oversight or is this now by design? I would really like to have this option back.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Tried out FBI just to see how things compared, there was a wall of snow after the first set of mobs which was impossible to get past.

That wall of snow has always been there and is linked to the first pull. (There are numerous snow drifts in the first leg to prevent extra-large pulls.) Is it possible an enemy was missed? Either way, we'll definitely be looking into this.
  • kungfoofairy#9095 kungfoofairy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bug: With each loadout change, the top one or two bonding runestones on summoned companions either get unequipped or disappear entirely.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    So was able to do RAQ on live...can't event do RIQ on preview...some of that probably companions but my companion wasn't adding 4K IL...
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Ability Scores affect different stats than they previously did, and are no longer different per class.

On top of that, a given class has a set layout of initial ability score distribution, however they can still customize the point spends while leveling and through different ability score boosts through gear.

Will Race Reroll tokens be able to reset and customize a class's starting attributes? Or will starting attributes be baked in for each class without customization.
    Along that token, will Races still be able to customize their attributes?
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Is it possible an enemy was missed?

Possibly - we both died and ran back up. Our companions also disappeared (though were still summoned) so maybe they were off fighting the missing mob.

• codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Copied character over had different stats, even accounting for missing artifact stats. messed up racial modifiers?

demogorgon's girdle of might is missing a STR and a CON point

seal of braver trader , has everything switch to crown seals

I like on the powers screen that is shows you what is active and what powers are bound to what keys
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    can characters with VIP get that copied over? is there a way to get VIP on preview? I'd like to see it

mounts, the current tab. where you select your various mount powers, the description is not showing. it only shows if you click to change the power

Only the journal-sword coast chronicles. I can understand removing all the leveling zones to clear up this page, but, having it makes it easier to figure out where to go at what levels. Unless you clear up the quests knox gives, it can be tough to figure out where to go next. You end up with all the quests for all the zones, and there's no other convenient way to figure what quest with what level.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Upon logging in I have three quests related to campaigns I have already completed, two related to Acquisitions Incorporated and one for Tyranny of Dragons. I've already completed both campaigns to 100%

Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons - "Accept Cult in Crisis from Campaign Window".
    The two AI ones are:
    Campaign: Acquisitions Incorporated - "Locate a Blacklake job Faire flyer in Protector's Enclave"
    Campaign: Acquisitions Incorporated - "Accept the quest Retrieval Operation offered by Omin Dran."

None are able to be completed, but you can abandon them. Not sure why they're showing up at all though..
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Vanity Pet inventory - THANK YOU!
  • totemkult#9533 totemkult Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Moved to the proper forum
    Post edited by totemkult#9533 on
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Will Race Reroll tokens be able to reset and customize a class's starting attributes? Or will starting attributes be baked in for each class without customization.
    Along that token, will Races still be able to customize their attributes?
    Classes have a preset distribution of ability score points at character creation. Race ability score choices still exist.