test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer
Greetings All,

Please use this thread to post your feedback on the companion changes.
Here are some highlights of what has changed with companions:
Active companion paradigm and Player Bonuses (formerly known as ACBs)
  • Active companion slots have been replaced with player bonus slots
  • Each slot has one of 3 themes (offense, defense, utility)
  • Player bonuses are themed and can have multiple themes attached to them
Pet Enhancements
  • Focused buffs or debuffs that are equipped on the pet via the pet enhancement slot (Purple)
  • The specified effect can activate on power use as long as your companion is in range
Companion Equipment
  • Companions can only equip companion equipment now
  • Equipment slots are now universal meaning any piece of gear can go into any slot
  • Equipment slots apply to the currently summoned companion. There is no longer a need to equip each companion individually
  • Companion gear now only takes runestones
  • Runestone slots are now bonding runestone slots
  • Bonding runestones work like eldritch stones now
  • Bonding runestones are used by both augment and combat companions
  • Eldritch can be exchanged at the antiquities dealer in PE
Bolstering and Categorization
  • Companions now fit into 1 of 5 categories
  • Depending on the number and quality of owned companions of the same category the summoned companion will be bolstered (Up to 5)
  • Bolstering increases the power of the companion by the percentage displayed in the companion window
Thanks

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The fire archon's player bonus (ACB) does not appear to be working when equipped.

Feedback: It would be nice if my companion could mount a dragon and use it as a weapon.
Post edited by sgrantdev#8718 on

Comments

• romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Can we please get a summary of the changes to the companion system for mod 16. I saw the thread on enchantments and it mentions something about bonding runestones being able to work with augment companions. what other changes are there?
  • ladyaradia#2029 ladyaradia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It would be really helpful to have a list of what each companion does now.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Tell me we are able to equip original Items back on Companions! From I saw after quick boot from server, was Companion Only!!! Rant will be Later
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    where isd this "companion thread" i read abt discussing the companion changes that was mentioned in the refinement thread....
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

With the removal of the idle companion 'tab,' all 150ish of my companions appear in my inventory. Bad bad bad idea! I do not know if there is another way to do this, but with the total revamp of the companion system, my empty inventory bags were now 66% full. Consider this in light of players who will be logging in with inventory and bank space already full. I do not know what will happen (overflow) and by how much if there is massive overflow?

On preview I couldn't go anywhere outside of PE until it was cleared.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    From what I'm hearing, companions no longer have offense/defense slots? Does that mean you can run any companion now and not suffer the price of x3 defense slots?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Never mind. I saw the answer to my question in the OP. Doh!
    Post edited by kemnimtarkas on
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

With the removal of the idle companion 'tab,' all 150ish of my companions appear in my inventory. Bad bad bad idea! I do not know if there is another way to do this, but with the total revamp of the companion system, my empty inventory bags were now 66% full. Consider this in light of players who will be logging in with inventory and bank space already full. I do not know what will happen (overflow) and by how much if there is massive overflow?

There is currently an issue with importing characters that is causing this. When it works how it should your companions will be in your companion tab and not in your inventory.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I decided to test the removal of companions from the idle companion tab (which no longer seems to exist).
    At the very beginning of the load screen, my companions started cascading down as they said that my inventory was filling up with them. Unlike the first time, I did the following actions while the companion icons flashed down my screen. I opened a mail box and scrolled through it, I opened my character sheet and denied the free respec. Then I opened my inventory. Only one of my 150 companions were in my inventory. None were in my mailbox. They disappeared.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• typic#0732 typic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Earth Archon equip bonus and text is missing.
    Siege master bonus at-will bonus rate is missing.
    Twigblight insight's equip bonus is +3.1 Null +1500 Accuracy.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I don't like the fact that a bunch of useful companion active bonuses are stacked on utility slot and there is only one. Plus the fact they're towards more damage and it's "utility". Shouldn't there be another utility slot ?

A bunch of weapon damage % based equip powers either don't display the percentage, don't deal damage and don't scale with power/buffs and so on.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Equipping Loyal gear is causing some serious issues for players, in the form of crashes.
  • sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2019

Actually noworries already answered this questions above so ignore my response.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    edited
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Companion gear can now only use Runestones.
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    the companion powers you select are layed out like
    companion enhancement/offense
    defense/offense
    defense/utility
    I find this aesthetically unpleasing :)
    maybe:
    offense/defense
    offense/defense
    companion enhancement/utility

nevermind. different classes (based upon role I imagine) have a different breakdown of types of powers.
    my bar dps has 2 offense and 2 defense
    my pal tank has 1 offense and 3 defense
    Post edited by codeteller on
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

Equipping Loyal gear is causing some serious issues for players, in the form of crashes.

Equipping Adorable bites ring crash the game too, When I reload the game the ring are on my companion and if I try to remove it from my companion it crash the game.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    my unbound companions and unbound companion items all became character bound
  • outlawgentoutlawgent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

I dont see how to tell how many slots I still have open for new pets....(Idle slots) AND I do NOT see a way to dismiss or delete a Pet I no longer want.

please disregard if this was already posted!
    [๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜ζ͜͡Outlaw ™]
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Is the bolstered stat only for the companion you have equipped or do we need 25 legendary companions?
    Also, does that mean that companion stats no longer increase with rarity? Or does that mean we need to rank up even more companions?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    im just gnna guess its because you aint done with scaling and such, cos i just ran a cn and the adds were all like mini bosses, they still 1 hit you, they take almost to no damage and even worse stats were messed up. btw have a look at the artifacts, i thought u were making dailies and encounters feel more rewarding, well my comp does as much damage as my encounters right now and some artifacts are broken, they 1 shot everything.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Feels like nerf
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User

Equipment slots are now universal meaning any piece of gear can go into any slot
    When I tried to re-equip my companion gear, the Icon of Adorable Licks could only be equipped on the middle and bottom slots, it did not appear as an option for the top slot.

The Ring of Adorable Bites and the Girdle of the Striker I had were available for all three slots.