test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
Undermountain brings with it a few additions and changes to refinement.
  • There are new enchantment ranks.
  • There is now an option to need to have a ward slotted to upgrade. We added this from many player requests asking for such a system to prevent accidently losing reagents. This option can be turned off in the option menu.
  • There is a new option to try until succeed. This was another often asked for player request to eliminate clicking numerous times on lower chance upgrades. Once you click to start this, it cannot be cancelled due to how it fires off behind the scenes. This will stop when it upgrades, or if you run out of wards.
  • There is now a streak breaker on upgrades. Each item will have a streak breaker value assigned to it. When this number of attempts is hit, the next upgrade will be 100% chance of success.

Item Level

You will notice a slightly different item level between single stat enchantments, double stat enchantments, and triple stat enchantments. This is part of our drive to make item level very representative of the stats of players and since double and triple stat enchantments grant a higher number of stats overall, they need to be higher item level.

Legendary Insignias

Now players can upgrade their epic insignias into legendary versions. This requires 25,000 RP as well as lower ranks of the same insignia.
Leeching and Vigor insignias no longer have any function and have a free exchange at the Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave for other insignias.

Bonding Runestones

Companions now have designated bonding runestone slots (check out the companion thread for more information). Bonding runestones now work on both augment and fighting companions and the effect is immediate upon summoning your companion.

Due to companions no longer having offensive or defensive runestone slots on them directly, as well as the changes to make bonding runestones a more core part of gameplay for both augment and fighting companions, bonding runestones no longer give direct power or defense. They still grant a percentage of the companions stats to the player.

Eldritch Runestones no longer have any function and there is a free exchange of eldritch to bonding runestones at the Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave.

Enchantment Exchange

The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch. The restriction is same rank to same rank and number of stats to same number of stats.

Example. You can exchange any rank 12 single stat enchantment for a choice pack that has the other rank 12 single stat enchantments in it (choose one)

Currently weapon and armor exchanges are not hooked up (they will be before launch), but the standard enchants exchanges are ready for preview.

There will also be an exchange for Enchantments to non-bonding runestones. This is not yet available on preview.

Please use this thread for any feedback related to refinement or enchants.
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Thank you for putting in the exchange stuff!
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Undermountain brings with it a few additions and changes to refinement.

• There are new enchantment ranks.
    • There is now an option to need to have a ward slotted to upgrade. We added this from many player requests asking for such a system to prevent accidently losing reagents. This option can be turned off in the option menu.
    • There is a new option to try until succeed. This was another often asked for player request to eliminate clicking numerous times on lower chance upgrades. Once you click to start this, it cannot be cancelled due to how it fires off behind the scenes. This will stop when it upgrades, or if you run out of wards.
    • There is now a streak breaker on upgrades. Each item will have a streak breaker value assigned to it. When this number of attempts is hit, the next upgrade will be 100% chance of success.
    These are some seriously nice QoL improvements here. Thank You Devs!!
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    can we swap enchantment for runestone ?

c3rb3r3 said:

can we swap enchantment for runestone ?

We are planning of having runestone choice packs that you can exchange your enchants for, currently that isn't on preview
    so a classic enchant for a runestone ? ok that's cool, seing comp items with runestone scared me
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Cannot use Regular Rings or Gear or Enchants on Companions anymore

is there going to be an exchange for companion runestones as well

eg power radiant enchantment to power rune stone ...

i have 5 rank 14 radiant i cannot use anymore now on my companion cause companion only gear does not accept it

are regular rings and neck etc going to be usable on companions ?
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited March 2019
    btw there's no point on having bonding runestone on most of the augments if they have no power to activate them.

edit : need to recheck
    edit 2 : after recheck if works so it's fine
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    does this exchange apply to and work for example a characters regular gear radiant rank 14 converted / exchanged for a companion gear only runestone rank 14
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    There is now a streak breaker on upgrades. Each item will have a streak breaker value assigned to it. When this number of attempts is hit, the next upgrade will be 100% chance of success.

can this be done with rare loots too?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

btw there's no point on having bonding runestone on most of the augments if they have no power to activate them.

edit : need to recheck

" the effect is immediate upon summoning your companion."

There is now a streak breaker on upgrades. Each item will have a streak breaker value assigned to it. When this number of attempts is hit, the next upgrade will be 100% chance of success.

I'm assuming this is hidden from the player (for obvious reasons) - but is it set per-item, so one Radiant Enchantment might have a Streak Breaker of "4" and another of the same rank might have "112", or will all Radiant Enchantment, Rank 9s have the same Streak Breaker?

Does the Streak Breaker reset after each upgrade? Does the number go up as the odds of upgrading the enchantment goes down?
    kalina311 said:

does this exchange apply to and work for example a characters regular gear radiant rank 14 converted / exchanged for a companion gear only runestone rank 14

"We are planning of having runestone choice packs that you can exchange your enchants for, currently that isn't on preview "

So yes! Which is very nice.

• tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    is that exchange going live aswell of just say in preview?
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Will exchanging enchants result in a binding status change? Ie: will unbound enchant become BtA or BtC when exchanged?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    so will I be able to exchange my Unparalleled X armor / weaponench for a different Unparalleld X armor / weaponench?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

OP says "The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch."

"Launch" usually means live, and it makes sense to allow the swaps on Live, but I'd love explicit confirmation of that.

So basicly people can swap 3m unparalleled vorpal for 7m unparalleled prominence with 1 click? It is not good for the economy.

I believe you mean a 7.5m U.Vorpal.

(The price of "cheap" enchants has already spiked on live)
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

OP says "The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch."

"Launch" usually means live, and it makes sense to allow the swaps on Live, but I'd love explicit confirmation of that.

yeah just wanted to make sure aswell since its really importante could still be interpreted in a different way
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

So basicly people can swap 3m unparalleled vorpal for 7m unparalleled prominence with 1 click? It is not good for the economy.

I believe you mean a 7.5m U.Vorpal.

(The price of "cheap" enchants has already spiked on live)
    Well yeah, this is what I was afraid of, same thing happened when tenser disk was bugged.1 day earlier something that worths 3m, now it worths 7m. This is affecting the economy very badly. While some people can profit millions of ad within 1 day, some people lost that much ad because of the same reason.
  • dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The "Wards" stuff is top notch, very nice indeed!
  • jdetrimentaljdetrimental Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So if you played a class that ysed single slot enchants you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, aka op, DC, gf tac. Black desert here I come, Fu k these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> graphics and literal game breaking bugs every single release/event.
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    rank 13 armor and weapon enchants appear to be weaker than rank 12
    edited March 2019

Currently weapon and armor exchanges are not hooked up (they will be before launch), but the standard enchants exchanges are ready for preview.

it's confusing does that mean we'll be able to swap weapon/armor enchants ?

I don't know why runestones stats have been nerfed.

Classic runestones stats should be seriously looked at :
    • currently all rank increase (such as 14 to 15) only gives very little stats per level (+60 from 14 to 15 really ?), resulting in a R15 having only 660.
    • the 3 classic runestone only give ONE stat and they're very low
    • bonding not giving any power
    • power share is gone

Quick comparison :
    Before : a 3 stats enchant (at rank 14 : 650 power + 2*325, rank 15 = 720+2*360) + a bonding power bonus (divided by 2 if we take into account we have 6 slots = 1050/2 = 525)
    That makes a 1300(/1440 r15)+525 = 1825(/1965 r15) to 660 only which makes a difference of around 1250 in stats for a single slot. For 6, that makes more than 7500 stats lost.

Honestly the runestones stats of live would have been fine.
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on