test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ah is atm influenced by leaks of mod16

Hi,
Except for wards there is a big change in prices on the ah for mounts and enchants, which i think is very obvious why and highly unfair, the ones with this information will get rich while others will lose so much to the point they will basicaly quit the game, a decent info given by cryptic coulda avoid all of that, IMO.

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Actually the ones with the information have been basically forbidden under terms of the NDA to do anything to influence AH/trends in the game before official announcements have begun that will.

I'm not saying someone couldn't have broken this but I am saying the consequences are not worth it.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Actually the ones with the information have been basically forbidden under terms of the NDA to do anything to influence AH/trends in the game before official announcements have begun that will.

I'm not saying someone couldn't have broken this but I am saying the consequences are not worth it.

Considering that there have already been 3 posts on the forums, by 3 different players, referring to leaked information...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    happens every mod..

but in this one, with the enchant and cap reworks and the (reverse stats) there is alot of speculation.

most of it centers around the crit issues.. and I too have massive concerns.. 50% cap.. sure.. 50% cap with a chance at rolling 0% at every boss.. is stupid.

That means 50% crit = 50% uselessness. of stats. Which means all enchants with any crit on it = worthless.

Im not 100% sure how it works, which is why I think alot of people are dumping the crit enchants as fast as possible . Speculation is that you can make builds surrounding with power only. Brutals and Black Ice (two mainstay enchants) are being fobbled into the ah in a trash heap to get rid of them.. thier value maybe never even as high as they are now.. if crit concerns pan out.. its the same with Dread and Vorp.. two dead in the water enchants (at least dread still has a debuff I guess) vorp .. dead.

Because none of us can really test things.. its a bit early to know 100% for sure.

I still propose that they make a enchant exchange.. it will save alot of this silliness.. they should come out and announce it now.

It will stop players from leaving and it will stop the madness.

Can we at least get clarification that its being proposed and thought about? @nitocris83

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    adinosii said:

For now...it's just gambling.

I don't know if it's because of actual leaks or just gambling based on very limited information (I tend to think the latter) but some of the price swings seem extreme.

Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft are suddenly worth the same as Lightning, and only surpassed by Prominence. Weird times.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2019

adinosii said:

For now...it's just gambling.

I don't know if it's because of actual leaks or just gambling based on very limited information (I tend to think the latter) but some of the price swings seem extreme.

Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft are suddenly worth the same as Lightning, and only surpassed by Prominence. Weird times.
    That actually makes sense (in speculation point of view) because losing lifesteal stat does not have to mean losing lifesteal feature. Anyway, I guess I should go shopping to buy the stuff everybody dump. You never know which one will have a come back. Remember people were dumping barkshield when mod 6 landed. It took a long while for that to recover but it did recover. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Gambling , that´s what happens every big mod with upcoming changes. Keep calm or just ignore it, a healthy way to handle the situation. Or take part and pay for the consequences, when all your spend AD is only worth halve of it suddenly.
    First and most important advice, don´t pay those prices, never.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

va8Ru.gif
  • boghy89#1675 boghy89 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Shouldnt things that are in danger of being absolute trash be revamped?Its like they say its a big change, shouldnt it come for all things considered?I mean you cant just switch gears all of a sudden with no real heads up and not make a change to things that many people put in alot of time, for ex. like vorpal and dread if those enchants arent changed into something else or buffed in some way, no1 will use them, it kinda looks like anarchy tbh, and u cant just adapt move on if there is no solid ground.
    IMO

Shouldnt things that are in danger of being absolute trash be revamped?Its like they say its a big change, shouldnt it come for all things considered?I mean you cant just switch gears all of a sudden with no real heads up and not make a change to things that many people put in alot of time, for ex. like vorpal and dread if those enchants arent changed into something else or buffed in some way, no1 will use them, it kinda looks like anarchy tbh, and u cant just adapt move on if there is no solid ground.
    IMO

That is why it is a gamble. You can guess right and you can guess wrong.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I expect there will be some people that will receive a massive disappointment when they get on preview and see that certain items will not be as useless or valuable in M16 as they thought.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

You are kidding, right?

If not, check AH on any platform (PS4 especially), look up prices on Owlbear Cubs & Moonbow Priestess, and then compare prices from a month ago.

And then take a note of the names of the players selling mass amounts of those companions, and correlate against those playtesting M16...
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

happens every mod..

but in this one, with the enchant and cap reworks and the (reverse stats) there is alot of speculation.

most of it centers around the crit issues.. and I too have massive concerns.. 50% cap.. sure.. 50% cap with a chance at rolling 0% at every boss.. is stupid.

That means 50% crit = 50% uselessness. of stats. Which means all enchants with any crit on it = worthless.

Im not 100% sure how it works, which is why I think alot of people are dumping the crit enchants as fast as possible . Speculation is that you can make builds surrounding with power only. Brutals and Black Ice (two mainstay enchants) are being fobbled into the ah in a trash heap to get rid of them.. thier value maybe never even as high as they are now.. if crit concerns pan out.. its the same with Dread and Vorp.. two dead in the water enchants (at least dread still has a debuff I guess) vorp .. dead.

Because none of us can really test things.. its a bit early to know 100% for sure.

I still propose that they make a enchant exchange.. it will save alot of this silliness.. they should come out and announce it now.

It will stop players from leaving and it will stop the madness.

Can we at least get clarification that its being proposed and thought about? @nitocris83

Based on the information from the dev blogs, you could actually argument completely different. The new relative crit rate formula is

(your_crit_value - your_opponents_crit_avoidance_value) / 500 = rate

That rate is capped at 50% (and there is nothing stated about a chance to get that rate, so I don't know what you mean by "rolling 0% at every boss").

Since the dev blogs state that the mobs in the new areas will have a value of 16k on every stat, hence on the crit avoidance stat as well, it is simple math to realize that you need a crit value of 41000 to get the max crit rate for these mobs. Since bosses are usually tougher than mobs it is more than an educated guess that you'd need more than 41000 crit value to get the max crit rate against them.

Since 41k for crit is something only very, very high-end players have now, my guess is that crit is still one of the most wanted stats for DPS builds and brutals/azure/savage enchantment are still among the most wanted enchantments,
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    * Stat values on enchants could be changed
    * Stats values on pets could(and should?) be changed
    * Dread and Vorpal might(and should?) have their crit sev values changed to compensate for max 50% critrate
    * Etc etc etc.

Until we get this on Test it is very risky to assume anything. But of course, people like to gamble.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Since the dev blogs state that the mobs in the new areas will have a value of 16k on every stat, hence on the crit avoidance stat as well, it is simple math to realize that you need a crit value of 41000 to get the max crit rate for these mobs.

Ah, not entirely correct. First, there is a base 5% chance, so you only need 38500, not 41000. Second, the 16K number was given as an example and it was specifically said it was the first level of Undermountain. People are generally assuming that to mean the number will be higher for the later levels.

Anyhow, if your Crit is under that target number for the area you are in (16K In this example), it is useless - you can just as well leave it at zero.

Things are actually more complicated - there is the issue of whether to go after Crit at all - if you cannot get it high enough, you might be better off leaving it at zero and focusing on other stats. There is also the question of whether you have a weapon enchant or gear that have a "when you critically hit..." .

Anyhow, what would be ideal, would be if your stats would dynamically update, depending on which zone you are in, so you would see your crit% change as you moved between zones with a different "target" number.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Leaks? NDA? This module is all speculation from developer blogs, until it goes on Preview tomorrow. Preview has no NDA, it is a public invite to test the new system and look for bugs and glitches. If anyone wants, they can and will live stream it on Twitch tomorrow. If I go in tomorrow and find out enchants are worthless and sell mine in the AH, then they have 6 to 8 weeks to make good use of them. On the other hand, if enchantments are better than ever, I instead buy up enchants and everyone panic sells theirs... I was better informed by staying in touch with the community.

I am not one to tell spoilers, but if something looks weird to me, I will be posting about it in the Preview Bugs section on this public forum. Others on Preview will talk about it all over the internet; YouTube, Facebook, and blogs. Anyone "leaking" information not from a developer's blog, would have to be a disgruntle Cryptic employee. Alpha and Beta tests had NDAs, but not the public testing of any module.

Point me at this so called leak.
    wb-cenders.gif

Leaks? NDA? This module is all speculation from developer blogs, until it goes on Preview tomorrow. Preview has no NDA, it is a public invite to test the new system and look for bugs and glitches. If anyone wants, they can and will live stream it on Twitch tomorrow. If I go in tomorrow and find out enchants are worthless and sell mine in the AH, then they have 6 to 8 weeks to make good use of them. On the other hand, if enchantments are better than ever, I instead buy up enchants and everyone panic sells theirs... I was better informed by staying in touch with the community.

I am not one to tell spoilers, but if something looks weird to me, I will be posting about it in the Preview Bugs section on this public forum. Others on Preview will talk about it all over the internet; YouTube, Facebook, and blogs. Anyone "leaking" information not from a developer's blog, would have to be a disgruntle Cryptic employee. Alpha and Beta tests had NDAs, but not the public testing of any module.

There are selected players who were chosen by dev to do the beta testing before the preview. They signed NDA,
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Leaks? NDA? This module is all speculation from developer blogs, until it goes on Preview tomorrow.
    [...]
    Alpha and Beta tests had NDAs, but not the public testing of any module.

I haven't seen people leaking, but I have seen players confirming that they have been part of the alpha test, and that they have been playing with Mod16 on the *other* preview server. Those are the players who have the NDA, and who could possibly leak.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Leaks? NDA? This module is all speculation from developer blogs, until it goes on Preview tomorrow.
    [...]
    Alpha and Beta tests had NDAs, but not the public testing of any module.

I haven't seen people leaking, but I have seen players confirming that they have been part of the alpha test, and that they have been playing with Mod16 on the *other* preview server. Those are the players who have the NDA, and who could possibly leak.
    And that is the problem with closed betas. The people in the closed beta got a NDA and will suffer penalities if caught leaking. However, their social network is not known and not under the NDA, so if they tell their friends you have a leak that is impossible to track.

I am sure some fortunes will be made by information illegally obtained from the closed beta.

Best way to handle the situation is to sit very still until it is all in the open - unless you have friends in the closed beta of course :)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Someone told me something... but I really don't care... i liked playing solo content... that's all I can say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've gone scouring the ah in search of these so called leaks and I'm not seeing them. lol. Sad panda face....

I see some clear speculation. I see what appears to be some panic selling.. (that may or may not be justified) but unless I"m totally missing it I'm not seeing it. the only thing I see that looks like it might be valid is the unpar eclipse. but even then might be spec.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

tgwolf said:

You are kidding, right?

If not, check AH on any platform (PS4 especially), look up prices on Owlbear Cubs & Moonbow Priestess, and then compare prices from a month ago.

And then take a note of the names of the players selling mass amounts of those companions, and correlate against those playtesting M16...
    It's speculative gambling based on beating the spread.

People are seeking things that might be useful in Mod16 based on their function and how it could relate to known Mod16 mechanics.

On top of that, most of the community members involved with the development of the Module with a few exceptions haven't said a thing about it, the more veteran of which stick to PC. A lot of the people responsible for price inflation are Youtubers with very little actual knowledge.

• dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

tgwolf said:

You are kidding, right?

It's speculative gambling based on beating the spread.

People are seeking things that might be useful in Mod16 based on their function and how it could relate to known Mod16 mechanics.

On top of that, most of the community members involved with the development of the Module with a few exceptions haven't said a thing about it, the more veteran of which stick to PC. A lot of the people responsible for price inflation are Youtubers with very little actual knowledge.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Ignore screenshots and other things available, if you know where to look...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Watching the video, these "new" enchantments are the old ones modified. In the past, when they modify anything the new numbers enter your current items. How this effects buying and selling is moot. If you have a radiant enchantment already on you, or for sale in the AH, it will be changed to the new values. What would be the point of buying or selling something that is going to be updated?
    wb-cenders.gif