test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    need to play)
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• jdetrimentaljdetrimental Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    18.4k bis ac here besides Knox comp for 700 more power and last ai campaign boon for 250 power. Using two <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cov and snail instead of 4k power I'm at 67,300 power.

I play on console and I think today is my last day logging in. GG's.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Not enough details yet to really have an opinion yet. The changes to divinity and removal of empowerment is certainly interesting.
    Not sure what jdetrimental upset about, they haven't said anything about Anointed Army changing at all, so all we know power share is still a thing, but we won't know for sure until we get the preview server available.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Arbiter = hellfire warlock in disguise?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Arbiter = hellfire warlock in disguise?

More like the Holy Hand Grenade.

now we need a burger king, herring transmutes, and sarcastic bards and we monty python now

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    changes sound good so far, also the new paragon names are souding pretty cool.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    They stated that the dps path will feel much like the meta clerics do now, I'm taking that to mean buffs. Even if AA is changed, you can just exchange enchantments to whatever else is needed.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Server is up come test
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • truharttruhart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    anyone tell me what the 5 orange circles do and how to use them, after you have built them up, or explain the mechanics in general please?
    TY
    Tru
  • altaiir94altaiir94 Member Posts: 26 Arc User

Very good news. I just hope they get completely get rid of that stupid power share mechanic and make the cleric what it was supposed to be - a healer. All these years of hoping that the cleric will become a cleric again, how can anyone who likes playing the cleric archetype not be happy with this?

For all those complaining about how you invested your time and/or money into getting your 20k cleric, you were always playing a design mistake, better to play a cleric it is supposed to be played. Your current high stat gear is going to help you with the new design anyway.

Yes, you are absolutely correct: When D&D was first published, they didn't plan on making a pc game version of it. So if you reall hate the "design mistake", you should really consider deleting this game.
    Dungeons & Dragons (commonly abbreviated as D&D[2]) is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game (RPG) originally designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. It was first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc. (TSR). The game has been published by Wizards of the Coast (now a subsidiary of Hasbro) since 1997.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    A lot of players wanted a new class: now they have it and it's called Devoted Cleric.

For all those complaining about how you invested your time and/or money into getting your 20k cleric, you were always playing a design mistake, better to play a cleric it is supposed to be played

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

They stated that the dps path will feel much like the meta clerics do now, I'm taking that to mean buffs. Even if AA is changed, you can just exchange enchantments to whatever else is needed.

There's only like 1 heal and 1 minor buff for ranged spell damage which doesn't even seem to be worth slotting?

Very good news. I just hope they get completely get rid of that stupid power share mechanic and make the cleric what it was supposed to be - a healer. All these years of hoping that the cleric will become a cleric again, how can anyone who likes playing the cleric archetype not be happy with this?

For all those complaining about how you invested your time and/or money into getting your 20k cleric, you were always playing a design mistake, better to play a cleric it is supposed to be played. Your current high stat gear is going to help you with the new design anyway.

Firing a potent buff every few seconds is intrinsically more interesting to play then a typical MMORPG healer since you can already heal (in Mod 15 and lower) if you wanted and incoming damage would be lower. You gain nothing. Heals are worse then Virtuous & Faithful capstone or Repurposed Souls.

• odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    downloading test... not exited from the changes... mainly don't like that there's a dps tree and alot of buffs gone, i haven't liked any changes to cleric the last months no idea why this should go well.
    Not really why i made a cleric to have some cheasy dps tree, i guess i'll need to see if the new healing is fun.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    odt#4182 said:

downloading test... not exited from the changes... mainly don't like that there's a dps tree and alot of buffs gone, i haven't liked any changes to cleric the last months no idea why this should go well.
    Not really why i made a cleric to have some cheasy dps tree, i guess i'll need to see if the new healing is fun.

To be fair, many players did not have much healing in mind when they made a Cleric in this game. Smiting enemies is just as much part of the D&D Cleric portfolio as healing allies, if not more so.

Hopefully in the end both paths will be fun and viable at what they specialize in.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited March 2019
    well just went on the test server and found it pretty simple and basic very cookie build not very d&d,
    more like a bad version of wow lol with 0 options, the boons are also very unimaginative just power power power.
    you wont tell me this is more a d&d dc... very limited actually a 7 11 healer more, no interesting group buffs at all. Dc is getting the hardcore nerf bat and trying to convince that playing dps will be a good replacement and it doesn't make every cleric happy to be nerfed like this when you buff mainly. The dailies suck now etc the list goes on...
    Post edited by odt#4182 on
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    wrong post. please delete.
    Post edited by free2pay on
    odt#4182 said:

well just went on the test server and found it pretty simple and basic very cookie build not very d&d,
    more like a bad version of wow lol with 0 options, the boons are also very unimaginative just power power power.
    you wont tell me this is more a d&d dc... very limited actually a 7 11 healer more, no interesting group buffs at all. Dc is getting the hardcore nerf bat and trying to convince that playing dps will be a good replacement and it doesn't make every cleric happy to be nerfed like this when you buff mainly. The dailies suck now etc the list goes on...

My point is that the concept is fine. Some tweaking is still required, but buffbot DC style isn't any more engaging IMO.

The one thing I can truly agree with, though, is that players who preferred the buffing play style have basically no play style in M16 that matches with what they chose and specialized for, and that's unfortunate.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    We got a few issues with dos cleric that has to be looked at. We need a proper AOE skill as well as increased divinity regeneration. As of now it has no synergy and it’s very difficult to deal damage in pvp cuz simply you are running with 0 divinity all the time
    edited March 2019
    arazith07 said:

not at all, aa is on the healer side and you can chose to add a 3% damage the only damage buff you get now as healer,
    aa is a heals under 50% ability only the name is the same has nothing to do with what its now.
    It's a plain flat heals build really nothing exiting and the dps a flat dps build with hardly any buffs at all. This destroys what made a dc fun and different. I haven't liked any changes to dc the last months and this pretty much sums up what i really didn't want to be done, a boring walking health potion with no buffs for dsp...
    we tested in dungeons and the dps tree did as much heals as the healer tree + max damage pretty much.
    The healer tree looks pretty botched also and unfinished,
    make the dps build be able to q as heals also and change the healer tree to a buff tree with heals... lol
    odt#4182 said:

we tested in dungeons and the dps tree did as much heals as the healer tree + max damage pretty much.
    make the dps build be able to q as heals also and change the healer tree to a buff tree with heals... lol

They've acknowledged that Arbiters having unlimited heals is unintended; it's a side-effect of the BoH+Mendicant mechanic, and they're working on fixing it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

What this update will do is a lot of end game DCs, OPs, and other classes will find the changes to be to drastic and these players will go elsewhere.

This will impact end game the most. Anyone who doesn't think so hasn't played a MMO where the devs did more than just a revamp but a reboot of the game. These updates are not a standard revamp; this game is vastly different and players will have varying opinions on the changes. As someone who paid to improve all of my characters, I'm not happy about the DC or CW changes. I find them to be an insult to me as player that paid to improve my characters.

The devs really made a ops here and it will be seen in game come mod 16 and in the financial statement.

You can call these players the whiners or whatever, but keep in mind that these are the player that paid hundreds if not thousands into the game and now their financial backing will be removed, making the F2P model less effective unless Cryptic is able to find new players to spend money with this update. Some vets will stick around but most long time vets have the AD, those that are newer to end game with 18K characters don't and more than likely won't stick around. Those are the players that helped pay for this update.

I've done some testing and in its current state I dislike almost all the changes. I will wait and see what is moved over to production. If there is limited updates given what is currently on test than it is what it is and I have other games that easily can occupy my gaming time.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I don'Know if it is true or not, but reading on forum it seems that OP, SW are better healer than DC.... Is it true? I can't do test because i'm on xbox. I love the idea to do Healer and reinvent my character. But i hope DC will be best choise in Healing role otherwise......
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Now, here is a very short summary from me.

I finished playing my Cleric from 70 to 80 (as Arbiter, of course). The arbiter is basically the replacement for the DO/Righteous build - good for solo play, but it can also work as a secondary DPS in groups, with a tiny bit of "emergency heal" ability.

Once you get the hang of how to use the yellow/orange pips properly, you can boost your damage quite nicely to the point where "solo" content is not too hard and gameplay is reasonably smooth. There are issues, of course. We get our stat points assigned to WIS, but it does not do anything for us....you get the damage bonus from INT, not WIS (I know, stupid!). Some powers are pretty much useless - I really miss the old Chains, for example. Also, half of the feats being offered are just worthless. Overall, though, the Arbiter is "playable", and getting through "solo" content is perfectly doable - harder than it used to be, but doable.

The Devout, or "healbot" build.... uhm....maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it, but I find it utterly boring. I am, however, hoping it gets improved a bit before release, so I am not commenting on it for now.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Devout= NW pre-mod 1 open beta pve DC, Arbiter = a disrupted tempo and halved combat fluency dps dc, with far lesser skill options. Not sure how is the world view for future NW, i will wait for other veterans review on it.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    odt#4182 said:

1. Having a buff encounter as Devout would be ideal, especially since it means sacrificing a heal encounter so risk, reward... and actually having something to do when no heals are required. They nerfed DG because it does "too many things" when in reality it's basically our worst buff, worst damaging encounter and worst heal - it's only good because it does all of it.

2. This will all be fixed and due to how rudimentary everything works achieving balance to some degree is actually one of the few things I'm looking forward to.
    vorphied said:

odt#4182 said:

My point is that the concept is fine. Some tweaking is still required, but buffbot DC style isn't any more engaging IMO.

The one thing I can truly agree with, though, is that players who preferred the buffing play style have basically no play style in M16 that matches with what they chose and specialized for, and that's unfortunate.

1. You only lose around 15k power, 15k recovery and would be able to play a DPS buffer AC right now (Mod 15)

I don't like it because if I wanted I'd rather play DPS and grab a buff AC... but it's not like it's an horrible choice, if you really wanted to play an AC but don't want be "buffbot". Mechanically it works beautifully, of course due to how strong AC buffs are group effectiveness will drop a bit if the DPS know what they are doing.

2. I agree