test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

vip update I'd like to see.

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited March 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
teleport to the moonstone mask is absolutely pointless. who goes there and what for? it would be nice if we could have an option of where to point the instant teleport, with the new workshop it would really be nice if we could point it there or to strongholds. I've never used it. because moonstone.. pointless. I would probably use it all the time as a time saving feature over the signpost for workshop or sh.
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Keep the moonstone mask. I seldom use it but in certain events I do. I don't want to walk/ride there in those odd occasions and it is not in the big map. I used to earn a lot of rAD from there. I also notice quite a few people use it for other "reasons". I have no problem adding more features to VIP but not removing features.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    how about a choice of locations you can choose then. nothing taken away, something added.
  • Options
    yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    You can go to all your mentioned locations using the signpost. So why bother with a choice?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    yppo#1635 said:

You can go to all your mentioned locations using the signpost. So why bother with a choice?

Less clicks, less time.

e.g. go to SH.

Now: Bring up VIP. Click sigpost. Wait for sigpost to show up. Click 'F' which brings up a big map. Click on Stronghold. Click yes.

If this feature is allowed: Bring up VIP. Click 'go to Stronghold'. Done.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    like having something you can take a choice of once and it programs to that. so If I want it to map to workhouse then I can teleport there and someone else wants to have moonstone as their occasional then they can keep it there. and why because it's faster than taking out a sign post.

although I really don't get why you'd want something you use only rarely on signpost. it makes a lot more sense for something you want to do multiple times in a day.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

like having something you can take a choice of once and it programs to that. so If I want it to map to workhouse then I can teleport there and someone else wants to have moonstone as their occasional then they can keep it there. and why because it's faster than taking out a sign post.

although I really don't get why you'd want something you use only rarely on signpost. it makes a lot more sense for something you want to do multiple times in a day.

Because I want them all. They are not mutual exclusive. You don't need to get rid of one to get another one.
    I want them to add 3 buttons (or more).
    1. Go to SH
    2. Go to Workshop
    3. Pick my hot spot (I can assign where)

In addition, Moonstone mask is not in the big map.
    Without that I need to sigpost to PE, riding across the city. Teleport up. Ride cross the bridge. Get into the building ....
    If it is in the big map, I can be okay it is removed.
  • Options

Because I want them all. They are not mutual exclusive. You don't need to get rid of one to get another one.
    I want them to add 3 buttons (or more).
    1. Go to SH
    2. Go to Workshop
    3. Pick my hot spot (I can assign where)
    ah I am in the pc forum ofc, lol. not gated by controller. I posted here because I feel like you guys get more attention. I think for console it would have to be choice. but of course your way would be best for pc.
  • Options
    dwindling#8527 dwindling Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I predict that M16 will have an increase in VIP ranks, I just hope they add some useful QoL updates to it.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I would love a personal portal to where ever.
    I think about this pretty often. There are some locations with such great ambience, but it's too much trouble to ride out to them just to park while I rifle through my junk drawers.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

the first one, teleport to the moonstone mask is absolutely pointless. who goes there and what for? with the new workshop it would really be nice if that could point there instead or to strongholds. I've never used it. because moonstone.. pointless. I would probably use it all the time as a time saving feature over the signpost for workshop or sh.

Ow common - its not that worthless - I used it like 3 or 4 times latelly - you know going for a box with Waukeen Horde insdie :D (never dropped btw)
  • Options
    gripnir78 said:

the first one, teleport to the moonstone mask is absolutely pointless. who goes there and what for? with the new workshop it would really be nice if that could point there instead or to strongholds. I've never used it. because moonstone.. pointless. I would probably use it all the time as a time saving feature over the signpost for workshop or sh.

Ow common - its not that worthless - I used it like 3 or 4 times latelly - you know going for a box with Waukeen Horde insdie :D (never dropped btw)
    As I said if Moonstone mask is in the big map for sigpost, I personally (can't speak for others) will not care too much.
    Without that in VIP or big map, I will need to sigpost to PE, riding across the city. Teleport up. Ride cross the bridge. Get into the building ....

Why do I go to moonstone mask? There is at least one event that asks you to go to moonstone mask everyday during that event. I have 6 characters. I don't really want to do "sigpost to PE, riding across the city. Teleport up. Ride cross the bridge. Get into the building ...." 6 times every day during the event. Plus, once a while, to get to the vendor inside to get Waukeen Horde which gave me millions rAD in the past. Now, not so much.

• Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    If you guys are clicking the VIP button.. you should look at this ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/4ahw6n/useful_vip_keybind_commands/

/bind F3 gensendMessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport activate
    /bind F4 gensendMessage Vipaction_Mailbox activate
    /bind F5 gensendMessage Vipaction_Salvager activate
    /bind F6 gensendMessage Vipaction_Bankvendor activate
    /bind F7 gensendMessage Vipaction_Professionvendor activate
    /bind F8 gensendMessage Vipaction_Moonstonemaskteleport activate
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    If no one went to the Moonstone Mask it wouldn't be full every time I load in there...on console. You may not use it but plenty of people do for various reasons. It's also not accessible through the signpost while every single location you want to go is.

• Options
    like I said I'd be happy with a just a choice to remap. I'd rather have a different destination. ten days a year vs every day is a no brainer to me. I also don't see why they couldn't add it to the travel post if they did a remap.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    some players use Mask recall if they get stuck or not able to use /stuck or to use signpost if you fell in pockets of mountain pits, and you keep 'jumping', the scroll can get you out.

what i like to see monthly VIP update.

1 month pack, 5 preservation wards, 10 companion tokens, and 3 random vouchers
    3 months packs, 10 preservation wards, 25 companion tokens, and 6 random vouchers
    6 months packs, 1 coalenscene ward, 1 "wonka" gold coupon for any companion at 75% off, (good up to 30 days before expire), and a choice relic artifact shard (use to trade in with artifact vendor).

on daily VIP, scale back from 25 to 20 ID scrolls, 3 reroll tokens, 1 lockbox key and 1 seal.
  • Options
    gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Or we could get no more scrolls and learn to shut the hell up! =)

:#
  • Options
    wylonus said:

some players use Mask recall if they get stuck or not able to use /stuck or to use signpost if you fell in pockets of mountain pits, and you keep 'jumping', the scroll can get you out.

how would that change if they allowed you to map it to another location that was actually useful? you'd just transport to somewhere else other than moonstone.
  • Options
    maveth#6797 maveth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    In my opinion, more important seems items from vip boxes... since I became vip player, I don't get something really good, for example, orange mounts. Its matter of luck, of course, but I think it would be nice to get orange mount or something like this.
  • Options
    nikowyn1973nikowyn1973 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'd like the moonstone mask to be more up to date. A bank and workshop table for instance. Makes is a real reward for the VIP players.
  • Options
    because, you "keep' moving in trapped pit where you cant jump out, and the action preventing you to zone to get out because of still moving. scroll was only way to get out even you are still moving.
    i found a hole in river district by nostura summon shrine, and i couldnt get back to normal explorable zone, i end up far outside, little too high to jump back in.
    also Castle Ravenloft, fell thru a wall, and no way to get in unless you had to die and revive at campfire.
  • Options
    wylonus said:

because, you "keep' moving in trapped pit where you cant jump out, and the action preventing you to zone to get out because of still moving. scroll was only way to get out even you are still moving.
    i found a hole in river district by nostura summon shrine, and i couldnt get back to normal explorable zone, i end up far outside, little too high to jump back in.
    also Castle Ravenloft, fell thru a wall, and no way to get in unless you had to die and revive at campfire.

I think you don't understand the proposal. i don't want to go to the moonstone mask. I think I am not alone. I'd like to be able to remap the instant teleport to the stronghold or workshop. if you got stuck you'd still teleport. just not to moonstone.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I'd like the moonstone mask to be more up to date. A bank and workshop table for instance. Makes is a real reward for the VIP players.

there is a bank there. a workshop table and a mimic would make it more useful though although personally I don't want to deal with the inanity of zone chat there. it's uncomfortable at best and down right offensive at worst.
  • Options
    I can live with trading places between moonstone mask and workshop.
    That is workshop can be brought up through VIP and moonstone mask can be reached through VIP signpost.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I can live with trading places between moonstone mask and workshop.
    That is workshop can be brought up through VIP and moonstone mask can be reached through VIP signpost.

I do think it should be a map-able thing. I'm perfectly happy with the pervs having a home in this game. it keeps them out of zone chat for the most part. but I don't want a vip perk to only be able to take me to the perv house. lol. if they did the change I'm proposing and didn't make it an option to choose where the teleport takes you and made it too hard to get the perv palace then they might invade zone chat in pe again and with workshop they have made it necessary to be in pe again. I don't enjoy perv chat. it feels hostile to me. I understand it happens but I really don't want to subject myself to it.
  • Options
    so, let make some suggestion on how to inprove VIP, i want to hear it.
  • Options
    wylonus said:

so, let make some suggestion on how to inprove VIP, i want to hear it.

this is not the appropriate thread for that. make another for suggestions to improve vip. this thread was meant to address the one issue only.
  • Options
    topic said VIP update, instead of complaining, because i am all for seeing upgrades. what we got now it is outdated and had recent changes for reroll tokens for old keys.
    you point out about ID Scrolls, yeah, i heard you, and hope devs heard you.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    wylonus said:

topic said VIP update, instead of complaining, because i am all for seeing upgrades. what we got now it is outdated and had recent changes for reroll tokens for old keys.
    you point out about ID Scrolls, yeah, i heard you, and hope devs heard you.

the title is vip update I'd like to see. meaning this is about one particular change I'd like to see. hopefully someone will read it who can give it some actual thought. I'd like this topic kept separate from the rest so it is not diluted. it is a small change of no cost to anyone and has an actual chance of being implemented imo. I'd really like this not to be watered down with a bunch of people going wahhhh but my scrolls. however nothing is stopping you from making your own thread about vip updates in general. no reason to tack on to this thread.
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I REALLY don't see the point of this topic (or any other of the sort). It's a "not needed" change, therefore they don't need to change code for no real reason.

Use a keybind and you can get the teleport up with the press of 1 key. On the odd chance you get stuck somewhere just kill your toon and get back to where you left off.

To anyone who thinks the VIP is "outdated", I think you've forgotten what it's like to play without it. Here are the noteworthy benefits that I have so far:

you get 1 key per day (average 30 a month)...so how much zen is it for 10 keys? Multiply that price x3...then x6 for the 6 month VIP...pretty good since you get a LOT more! The keys I consider just a bonus anyway since I usually get junk. I give it a B+ for value (though I might change it to an A+ if I actually get...something good LOL)

the ability to teleport without traveling to the edge of the map! A+

no injuries in dungeons from traps! A+++ I'm a klutz when it comes to traps, so I LOVE this feature.

the ability to summon a mailbox! A+ This is awesome for buy/sell at AH!!!

the ability to summon a shop! A+ We can sell junk on the field!

a lot more AD...more HP....list goes on...but I covered the main things that make it worth while.

just my $.02

now if I could just log into the damn game....
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    you can't do that on console. it takes a ton of clicks to go anywhere. it is a qol issue and I think the amount of code that would need to be changed would be like one line. this isn't a difficult thing. it's not absolutely essential no but I think at least for console players it would make playing better.