test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions for new features

I have some suggestions for the developers. Just a few ideas to toss out there for additions to the game.

1. Player housing. Currently we have the ability to decorate the stronghold dinning area. Wouldn't it be awesome if as we were adventuring through the lands and defeating different dungeons and bosses we could get trophies? A place to display said trophies of our own design would just make that been better. There are many places a residence for adventures could be placed. In the Enclave for instance. Maybe a room at the Moonstone? Or a house along the back alleys. Perhaps even make a map dedicated to just residential suites that range in availability depending on progress throughout the game.

2. Vanity pets tab. With the Advent of vanity pets in Neverwinter I really think we might need a new tab for them to save inventory space.

3. Toy Box tab. this would be a place to store things like Tymoras Lucky Coin, Sahha Balls, Horns of Blasting, all the different thrones, and things like the everlasting water supplies from the summer fest.

4. Monster Manual. This is after all a Dungeons and Dragons game. This could be a separate tab in the collections area. It could tie directly with the in game accomplishments like the Slayer quests that currently serve no purpose. Maybe as you get more ranks in a Slayer accomplishment, it would unlock more info about particular monsters in game. Info like hp, strengths, weeknesses, heights, a quote about it, anything really. The point of this manual would be also to showcase the Talent and Art of the monsters in Neverwinter. All too often an artist, designer takes hours of painstaking time to put a crazy amount of gorgeous detail into the appearance of an enemy, only for none of it to be appreciated because we as players have the mind set of "kill or be killed asap" not to mention all our flashy moves and effects cover up the art. It's a shame really.

That's the 4 major ones I can think of atm. Please leave you feedback on them.
-Falken Blackhand (Co-Leader) Of The Forsaken Reborn
LVL 70 Hunter Ranger Pathfinder/Trapper

Comments

• silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Number 1 has LONG been a request. Even back before Strongholds people have asked for Player Housing.
    Maybe one day... if we all clap our hands and repeat "I DO believe in Faeries".

The others are all good ideas, but I doubt they will do the Toybox, as those are the things that help slowly fill up Bags and make us buy more.

I'd hope the pets things has its own space if they are the sort of thing that will otherwise take up lots of space. It would be nice for this to happen straight away rather than have months of begging and them eventually realising, "Oh... yeah. that would be a good thing wouldn't it."
    I have to say I have basically zero interest in Vanity Pets, but I know a lot of people who will LOVE it. One of my friends in particular lost her mind when WIGS became a thing... go figure. If she can have something like a puppy following her round... God help us...

As to the Monster Manual, I would quite like something like the Collections tab, where when you've killed one it lights up, but I'd prefer it to just have a general description, (maybe written by Volo?) rather than details of stats and powers.
    I prefer to find that stuff out by experience.
    Others may disagree, since that information isn't exactly hard to find if you know how and where to look. (Especially when mod 16 drops and all monsters in a zone will have the same basic stats.)
    It would be nice to have something beyond the Slayer achievements to keep track of what you have defeated.

• amorphousmurk#1727 amorphousmurk Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Another thing about vanity pets...

Make them 'static'. Meaning, once you summon them, going through a portal to another zone doesn't dismiss them. I don't understand why they disappear when zoning, nor why you can't summon them inside a dungeon. They are purely for cosmetics and have no impact on gameplay.