test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds is in real need of resource balancing and fresh content

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
you rearranged the conquer shard problem by substituting adventurer shards which was a good move but in doing so heroic and dungeoneer shards have hardly any use in upgrading plots as it is at the moment.. this really needs to be balanced out.

also after killing the storm the castle quest for everyone.. we need new content other than Marauders and Dragonflight desperately.. either improved versions of these or a new set of activities for guilds and alliances to engage their members with.

There was talk of some stronghold improvements on the horizon but that seems to have vanished.

I may of missed news or announcements..but doesn't seem like it.
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Marauders is failed pve content. An embarrassing failure. Need true siege pve, no go outside and kill spiders that are trying to pick up a basket of lettuce.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I agree.
    I understand the need for simplicity in designing content. Make the brief too complicated and you run the risk of some people losing interest before they start.
    BUT... content still needs to have a grounding in simple logic.
    Given how often the guys driving the delivery wagons dump the stuff outside the main gate and we are unable to carry it into the stronghold before wave after wave of evil beasts descend upon us to steal it all away...
    Why doesn't the wagon pull up over the bridge and INTO the bloody castle?
    I'd be having words with the guy at Head Office and tell him that his delivery drivers are worse than DHL.

It's a stupid premise to get people into a mind numbing round of eternal slaughter and lag.

Dragonflight is fun.
    It just is.
    But the rewards are so outdated that it's only done these days as a get together for guilds and is more of a social event than actual content.

More and varied rewards for DF AND Marauders, and maybe a better basic concept for Marauders would make these things more enticing.

Offer a rewards system that allows players to choose the stuff they need for their guild, and if need be put a daily/weekly cap on how many they can earn.
    Or let the guild choose what is being delivered in Marauders. If the Guild needs Frozen Treasures make the delivery... FROZEN TREASURES, and the greater the success the more the guild gets direct to the coffer. It doesn't have to be tens of thousands, and if that idea runs the risk of certain guilds being able to mass farm Marauders for a specific treasure, then cap how many times a treasure can be used that way. Once a day, once a week... it would depend on how many were being earned.

For example, a Guild orders Frozen Treasures... for each successful round (not wave) they get 2000 Frozen, and that diminishes as they lose goods to thieving spiders or whatever.
    Make the deliveries tangible, meaningful, "things" and people will care more about being successful and not just hoping that at least 1 remains intact so they can get their weekly bonus Influence.

With Dragonflight, change the Strongboxes (NOT the standard rewards) so that they drop the same purple vouchers as drop from normal lockboxes. i.e. UNBOUND vouchers that a player can sell on the AH if they don't need them. Give people who don't want/need DF gear a reason to buy keys again.
    (Maybe that's already the case... it's literally YEARS since I opened a Dragonflight Strongbox. If so, I apologise and I'll go buy some keys)

But more importantly, come up with something new.
    I know that in the State of The Game, it was mentioned that there is nothing solid in the pipeline for Guilds, but that it IS something that is being looked at down the line.
    Don't just throw a level cap increase, new decorations, new reward gear and new boons at it. Look at the overall Stronghold experience, and come up with something that people will WANT to do, not just feel that they HAVE to do.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    What I need is a way to make guild marks without creating a new guild. Even on Xbox many guilds in my alliance are GH 20.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

you rearranged the conquer shard problem by substituting adventurer shards which was a good move but in doing so heroic and dungeoneer shards have hardly any use in upgrading plots as it is at the moment.. this really needs to be balanced out.

also after killing the storm the castle quest for everyone.. we need new content other than Marauders and Dragonflight desperately.. either improved versions of these or a new set of activities for guilds and alliances to engage their members with.

There was talk of some stronghold improvements on the horizon but that seems to have vanished.

Yes you missed a lot - like last state of the game on twitch.
    Strongholds are going to be upgraded, and that is on the horizon.
    I hope asap.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I have been holding on to guild resources, may not even turn in for this next round coming up, as most are expecting a level cap increased sometime this year.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Yes you missed a lot - like last state of the game on twitch.
    Strongholds are going to be upgraded, and that is on the horizon.
    I hope asap.
    I guess that was one of the things I was fishing for , thanks.. I don't really watch too many videos apart from the odd trailer and kind of rely on getting info here.. then sometimes I just check in here periodically and miss a lot.. so thanks for the update
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I agree.
    I understand the need for simplicity in designing content. Make the brief too complicated and you run the risk of some people losing interest before they start.
    BUT... content still needs to have a grounding in simple logic.
    Given how often the guys driving the delivery wagons dump the stuff outside the main gate and we are unable to carry it into the stronghold before wave after wave of evil beasts descend upon us to steal it all away...
    Why doesn't the wagon pull up over the bridge and INTO the bloody castle?
    I'd be having words with the guy at Head Office and tell him that his delivery drivers are worse than DHL.

It's a stupid premise to get people into a mind numbing round of eternal slaughter and lag.

Dragonflight is fun.
    It just is.
    But the rewards are so outdated that it's only done these days as a get together for guilds and is more of a social event than actual content.

More and varied rewards for DF AND Marauders, and maybe a better basic concept for Marauders would make these things more enticing.

Offer a rewards system that allows players to choose the stuff they need for their guild, and if need be put a daily/weekly cap on how many they can earn.
    Or let the guild choose what is being delivered in Marauders. If the Guild needs Frozen Treasures make the delivery... FROZEN TREASURES, and the greater the success the more the guild gets direct to the coffer. It doesn't have to be tens of thousands, and if that idea runs the risk of certain guilds being able to mass farm Marauders for a specific treasure, then cap how many times a treasure can be used that way. Once a day, once a week... it would depend on how many were being earned.

For example, a Guild orders Frozen Treasures... for each successful round (not wave) they get 2000 Frozen, and that diminishes as they lose goods to thieving spiders or whatever.
    Make the deliveries tangible, meaningful, "things" and people will care more about being successful and not just hoping that at least 1 remains intact so they can get their weekly bonus Influence.

With Dragonflight, change the Strongboxes (NOT the standard rewards) so that they drop the same purple vouchers as drop from normal lockboxes. i.e. UNBOUND vouchers that a player can sell on the AH if they don't need them. Give people who don't want/need DF gear a reason to buy keys again.
    (Maybe that's already the case... it's literally YEARS since I opened a Dragonflight Strongbox. If so, I apologise and I'll go buy some keys)

But more importantly, come up with something new.
    I know that in the State of The Game, it was mentioned that there is nothing solid in the pipeline for Guilds, but that it IS something that is being looked at down the line.
    Don't just throw a level cap increase, new decorations, new reward gear and new boons at it. Look at the overall Stronghold experience, and come up with something that people will WANT to do, not just feel that they HAVE to do.

thanks for input there.. it's often worth getting a few bundles of strongbox keys when they are on special for the Dragonflight Strongbox for the vouchers and the teeth can be exchanged for ad (which could be a little more forthcoming) but as you say the armour rewards and generally the rewards are obsolete or lacking like the vouchers you get in Marauders.. I still run Marauders quite often in alliance chat for people to get the 600 inf from 5 wave @main bridge.. it's a good activity for newer players and can always be a bit fun .. like dragonflights used to be.. during the 2x GM event 600 inf=1200 GM,so there's that and tbh, when the ruby dropped from moc's stc quest for our sins.. it was glitching it and that was it's draw and not really in the spirit of the game .etc but it was an activity that went away .. as we all knew it would.. but it would be great to get players interested in that again.. maybe a PVE version where the other team was that enemy type in the pvp locations in iwd.. beefed up a bit with a bit better AI .. that would work I reckon.. and renew interest in pvp matches etc if there was decent rewards to be had.. I don't mean a ruby level reward.. different currencies and and sh coffer fodder.. etc maybe unique armor that is on par with barovia stuff

Back when I heard of talk of SH improvements last time, I saw a few good suggestions for making that sh siege map viable again.. so I hope they will work on that.. lots of good old capture the flag variations and co-op pvp from a billion fps shootem ups for inspiration of what could be done with that map and pvp is looking like being more playable mod by mod... having nice map and contests and a league ladder etc might get that going as well.. not that I will ever be much of a pvper but I know a huge chunk of the player base love it.. with the new balancing coming up (and fingers crossed ,new classes to follow) a things in that direction could go a long way..