test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With upcoming overhaul in game, what's your current character strategy?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I have been telling everyone who asks me in game this;

My Friend: Hey there what are you doing currently to prepare for M16?
    Llorna Zorg: Me? Currently I am collecting my AD and investing in shotgun shells and canned for the possible upcoming module 16 apocalypse. I am waiting to see on preview, have fun! ;D

I have no idea of what else you can do, I have banked Mist mounts with +2,000 Life Steal Severity from months ago. I now wonder if those investments will be worth it. If Mist mount end up with another unwanted power, they could become worth nothing to players. If they retain this power they could rocket up to million AD overnight. I have a few Frozen Demon Sleds. The insignia is hard coded Vampire's Craving as there is no universal slot. Could it be a gold mine or a foolish dream? We might not get the answers when we play the Preview, as those changes could be decided just prior to Live.

Have fun, kill things, make some AD, and bank it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

While their grandiose ideals per se of making the classes =.. reality will state something else.. reality will be x, y and z will be just better then the rest..

at least for a short while.

then they will cycle it through in the coming years.. until the game folds anyways.

That's.....a pretty bleak perspective.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I've fallen into my typical holding pattern of hoarding currency and RP until we have more information. By the sounds of it this mod is going to mean a complete re-think over how I play my main so I don't want to waste any resources on the wrong thing until I can be sure of what I'm doing.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I have three (currently) mid 17k il toons. a dc hr and cw. I think my dc is probably dead to me. I really doubt they'll give me enough dps to keep up a a dc and i'm not thrilled iwth the idea of being a healer.. (we will see). I'm not sure if I'll end up playing hr or cw as main. time will tell. in the mean time I'm just ad hoarding. been doing a little trading in enchants. I personally am suspecting that the three stat enchants will be the most valuable so I've been prioritizing those but I think I'm done there for the moment. I sold off all my mw supplies and have brought my mw career to a dead halt for now. going forward I am going to finish the new campaign play a lot less and probably spend almost all of my online time farming gm for the next event. imo there really isn't anything to do until the next mod is released. we're at a stand still. everything we can grind gear wise is obsolete.. and that's what I was doing. trying to get my cw up to bis.. so yeah I might get some vacuuming in maybe some laundry. some research for that thing I do. ect. Come here and whine a bit.. yah know the usual. lol

Hm, DC can´t be said to be a dead class. Saying the class is dead = complaining on a pretty, pretty high niveau.
    If you decide to play your class as a dps (actually the class is a leader/controller) and negate the innate role of the class, it´s your choice but stop crying thatlike please.
    DC is the best buffer in the game, spending tons of buffs/debuffs, a devo Op can´t spend that ammount, not even close to.
    A good DC carries a bad team more than any other class by mitigation tools like HG+AS+DG wich is easy to hold up 100%
    -> DR+82,5% slighly over the cap, nothing any other class can do. You build a tank out of a low level toon, if that player is smart and does not sneak at 80'' distance, wich is a very common behaviour in a low level-group.

Actually my DC spends 100% HG and depending on the group 50%-100% AA uptime, BoB+WoL perma up, dDG 12.5% almost 100%, wich is a 47,5% damagebuff plus 42,5% debuff, depending on the groupcomposition (OP+tact GF), the class can HAMSTER dailies, buffing the powerlevel up to 100k depending on your setup and basepower, spamming double-dailies.
    I did not mention BtS 21% and Exaltation 12,5% singlebuff so far. BtS-uptime is pretty bad sometimes, Exaltation is an option I chose instead if there is only one dps, it´s situational.

WoL a 10% powerbuff: at 55k base + r14 bonds this is 5.5x1.95+5.5 buff=16.225 powerbuff, doing nothing than being arround
    BoB a 15% powerbuff: at 55k base + r 14bonds this is 8,25x1.95+8.25= 24.3k powerbuff, doing nothing than pressing left mousebutton once every 10 seconds.
    This alone buffs a player at maybe 80k selfbuffed power up to 120k power -> a 34% dps increase.
    If you can provide AA all the time and reach all comps same as player perfectly, you will buff for another 53.54k power wich is another 34% dps increase at given 120k power, in case no OP is arround. Normally your first goal is to hold up HG 100%, every double daily is a bonus you can put on top, depending on your recovery, playstyle and artifacts.

If you want to break it down to a small essence, the difference between a DO and a AC-DC is BoB and your basepower in case you ignore AA, wich is a pretty inconsistend buff and can´t be said to be perma up from almost 95% of all DC`s i run with , in case they skip HG instead, wich is a fail in near all situations.
    DO can´t spend encounter reset, another point, DO should team up with OP. Gift of Gods, using Lance of Faith, leads to better devine power gain and holds up BtS more consistent compared to an AC, but you skip AP-gain from Gift of Haste.
    DO can debuff for 10% plus + PoD another 12.5% and deals better damage but is not accepted in random groups, you can´t queue as dps so far. The stronger buffer in the sum is AC-DC honestly. But if you achieve a better uptime of BtS you can compensate a lot, the difference is not that huge beside an OP-tank in a group.

If you intend to play the class as a full striker, there is only a small ammount of player than can be said to deal significant dps, and in a regular queue this is not accepted anyway in 99% of cases, since the class is heal/support at first.
    But.. they wrote DC is gonna get a dps-tree in mod 16, so the class can queue as a striker and maybe they will improve some powers to deal better focus damage. This should spend some hope, it was allready implied in former dev comments about DC and his role.
    Anyway they gonna revive healing abilities,another good point, turing away from onehitting mobs and changing the game-experience significant.
    Maybe in mod 16 DC-buffs will be slightly reduced by skipping recovery, leading to a "normal level" of Daily usage. If so I am fine, as long as they don´t nerv actual buffs like HG or powerbuffs on top.
    Mod 16 will lower the gap between DO and AC by that concernig buffs btw-> less dailies less powerbuffs, less encounter resets etc., gap closed.
    Maybe you simply need a small break from the game, at least it sounds like that to me?
    dude didn't read all your post because weird tangent that had zero to do with anythign I said. Please go back and re read..

DEAD TO ME I said. not dead. I don't want to be a healer. and I doubt the damage dealing is enough to get a dc by on it's own. it' s just good for solo content.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I am going to take my wife out on dates, enjoy the rest of family and friends, read a lot of books, and enjoy life. Inside the game, *shrug* I won't get worked up over stuff I don't know. If I happen not to prepare well to get maximum AD and gold and currency benefit, oh well. My life is good!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    pitshade said:

Hm, DC can´t be said to be a dead class. Saying the class is dead = complaining on a pretty, pretty high niveau.
    If you decide to play your class as a dps (actually the class is a leader/controller) and negate the innate role of the class, it´s your choice but stop crying thatlike please.
    DC is the best buffer in the game, spending tons of buffs/debuffs, a devo Op can´t spend that ammount, not even close to.
    A good DC carries a bad team more than any other class by mitigation tools like HG+AS+DG wich is easy to hold up 100%
    -> DR+82,5% slighly over the cap, nothing any other class can do. You build a tank out of a low level toon, if that player is smart and does not sneak at 80'' distance, wich is a very common behaviour in a low level-group.

This thread is talking about the upcoming changes. It's pretty much set in stone that Cleric won't be the same as it is in the current game. We already know that DC will have a DPS paragon and a Healing paragon, probably won't be buffing damage much if at all. So when Cat said the class was dead to her, she meant in Mod 16 and note that she said it was dead to her and not just dead.
    Sure if you read comments like this: "I think my dc is probably dead to me. I really doubt they'll give me enough dps to keep up a dc and i'm not thrilled iwth the idea of being a healer.. (we will see)." there i not much to say, except turning out what actually the class can do in a more objective way.
    Maybe every class is dead at a point, where I can´t enjoy to play the game and content starts to get boring and monotone.
    If you don´t like to play a healer stop playing a healer/supporter, aside that many comment are irrelevnat and pretty subjective same as unproductive.. as allways community starts being hysteric in advance before actually having done any step into the new changes. A lot of threads are thrown into the forum full of pessimism and sunset mode, as allways. Upcoming changes that might bring back some challenge and bring aspects into a game that were lost for ages are good changes, not knowing how they will implement all this, there are a lot positive ideas and intentions I read in those blogs.
    To sum it up, 90% of all this is wasted time and unnecessary to even read, except you are interested in vague assumptions and crying scenarios of some bored player who should take a break maybe :)
    If you read the upcoming changes you might recognize that many of them are a pretty linear and consequent answer to former complaints on players side and faults that were made in the past, leading to powercreep and onehitting mobs. If you ignore all this you can pick out small aspects and criticize them, dependeing on your mode.

Beside that your comment assumes that DC is gonna loose all his power at once ?
    "It's pretty much set in stone that Cleric won't be the same as it is in the current game. We already know that DC will have a DPS paragon and a Healing paragon, probably won't be buffing damage much if at all." ....a lot of assumptions in here, not objective or vaild at all.
    Depending on the fact if or if not you did go into the sun today you could also write: "DC will be the class with almost every answer to any situation in the new mod, concerning mitigation, healing and buffs. No other class will be able to do same, in case they don´t delete all encounterpower, At-Will and Dailies at once and turn them into garbage."
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Doing absolutely nothing

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/5393957632/h62D20824/

@schietindebux: We don't know what the classes will look like. Healer (and tank to a lesser degree) in many other MMOs is horrible in my opinion. Since recovery gets removed healer can stack offensive stats on companion, which to me sounds more interesting then what we currently got. We will have to wait and see. But it's definitely a valid concern at this point.

Some classes in other MMO are basically unplayable if ping exceeds 100 - 200ms. Neverwinter lags like what feels 2 seconds for everyone outside of North America.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I am assuming that there is a language barrier here.

The phrase 'dead to me' means that the speaker doesn't want anything to do with the subject. It says nothing about the subject but about the speaker's preferences.

In this instance, the meaning here is that Cat doesn't think that what the cleric will be in m16 is something that she is interested in. Doesn't matter if the class gets buffed or nerfed. The role of the DC was widely seen as buffing and that is likely to change. We don't know that the buff meta will be over in the coming mod but it is a safe bet. So the role that Cat signed up for is likely to be removed from the game and she is electing to focus in other characters.

"a lot of assumptions in here, not objective or vaild all"

Just No. The blog post states Cleric will have a Healing and a DPS paragon. Numerous dev posts since mod 12b have indicated that they will shift the game away from buffing, towards healing. These things are not assumptions, they are statements have been made over a year and a half by the people rebuilding the game.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I am guessing that current 'recovery' items will translate to acccuracy (deflect penetration). If so the value of recovery stat will comparitively dive. The only other major change to value might be to Armor Penetration. Right now it costs 100 points to negate 400 points of defense. Even if they drop in a defense cap of 50... if AP cost goes up to 400, we will see a massive dump of recovery/accuracy and some critical to pick up more armor penetration. Dread and Vorpal will go down to the budget bin of the auction house unless they revamp them. Some items that we cannot forsee will go up in value. It depends on the new builds, what the new equips are, and what they make available using daily mission currencies, whether new characters can still access gear in Barovia when turning level 70... etc.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It seems people in general are clamming up and spending very little. Sales on AH seems to have more or less stopped, and the ZAX queue is growing fast.

I guess we'll see some fast price adjustments when mod 16 drops on Test, and then we'll be more or less back to normal when all the uncertainty is lifted.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I have been telling everyone who asks me in game this;

My Friend: Hey there what are you doing currently to prepare for M16?
    Llorna Zorg: Me? Currently I am collecting my AD and investing in shotgun shells and canned for the possible upcoming module 16 apocalypse. I am waiting to see on preview, have fun! ;D

I have no idea of what else you can do, I have banked Mist mounts with +2,000 Life Steal Severity from months ago. I now wonder if those investments will be worth it. If Mist mount end up with another unwanted power, they could become worth nothing to players. If they retain this power they could rocket up to million AD overnight. I have a few Frozen Demon Sleds. The insignia is hard coded Vampire's Craving as there is no universal slot. Could it be a gold mine or a foolish dream? We might not get the answers when we play the Preview, as those changes could be decided just prior to Live.

Have fun, kill things, make some AD, and bank it.

canned laughter?
    r000kie said:

Strategy? None needed, seeing FBI was a no go already for my PUG 14k mains. Will just exercise my market skills making more AD, just because. For the first time in... what, 6 years now? I did not care losing a week worth of invoking and events. Scary, and almost grateful they run the game into the ground. I gave up crafting completely 1 month ago, 999 after 999 of beeswax proved useless for the benefits. No fun overall, and this season having to grind 10 skirmishes daily x several avas, teaming with 2 if not more afk-ers each time...

What's wrong with the beeswax?

pitshade said:

This thread is talking about the upcoming changes. It's pretty much set in stone that Cleric won't be the same as it is in the current game. We already know that DC will have a DPS paragon and a Healing paragon, probably won't be buffing damage much if at all. So when Cat said the class was dead to her, she meant in Mod 16 and note that she said it was dead to her and not just dead.
    Sure if you read comments like this: "I think my dc is probably dead to me. I really doubt they'll give me enough dps to keep up a dc and i'm not thrilled iwth the idea of being a healer.. (we will see)." there i not much to say, except turning out what actually the class can do in a more objective way.
    Maybe every class is dead at a point, where I can´t enjoy to play the game and content starts to get boring and monotone.
    If you don´t like to play a healer stop playing a healer/supporter, aside that many comment are irrelevnat and pretty subjective same as unproductive.. as allways community starts being hysteric in advance before actually having done any step into the new changes. A lot of threads are thrown into the forum full of pessimism and sunset mode, as allways. Upcoming changes that might bring back some challenge and bring aspects into a game that were lost for ages are good changes, not knowing how they will implement all this, there are a lot positive ideas and intentions I read in those blogs.
    To sum it up, 90% of all this is wasted time and unnecessary to even read, except you are interested in vague assumptions and crying scenarios of some bored player who should take a break maybe :)
    If you read the upcoming changes you might recognize that many of them are a pretty linear and consequent answer to former complaints on players side and faults that were made in the past, leading to powercreep and onehitting mobs. If you ignore all this you can pick out small aspects and criticize them, dependeing on your mode.

Beside that your comment assumes that DC is gonna loose all his power at once ?
    "It's pretty much set in stone that Cleric won't be the same as it is in the current game. We already know that DC will have a DPS paragon and a Healing paragon, probably won't be buffing damage much if at all." ....a lot of assumptions in here, not objective or vaild at all.
    Depending on the fact if or if not you did go into the sun today you could also write: "DC will be the class with almost every answer to any situation in the new mod, concerning mitigation, healing and buffs. No other class will be able to do same, in case they don´t delete all encounterpower, At-Will and Dailies at once and turn them into garbage."
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dead to me
    edited February 2019

Doing absolutely nothing

@schietindebux: We don't know what the classes will look like. Healer (and tank to a lesser degree) in many other MMOs is horrible in my opinion. Since recovery gets removed healer can stack offensive stats on companion, which to me sounds more interesting then what we currently got. We will have to wait and see. But it's definitely a valid concern at this point.
    Some classes in other MMO are basically unplayable if ping exceeds 100 - 200ms. Neverwinter lags like what feels 2 seconds for everyone outside of North America.

Sure, we have to wait and see, but in general DC is one of the most powerfull classes if not the most powerfull class from all atm.
    Assuming the class will drop a bit won´t change anything, since the class is miles above others in terms of buffs, debuffs, mitigation tools same as flexibility to addpet to any situation.
    Just pretend mod 16 was allready life, you got 3 classes to pick as a healer to absolve endcontent.
    I assure you 90% will saty with the DC out of those 3 options:
    1. DC 2. OP 3. warlock, a class known to be "no choice" to fill the role of a full healer/supporter actually.
    Just pretend At Wills, encounter and dailies will stay as they actually are.
    DC will still be able to hold up HG 24/7, in case feats for encounter reset and capstones (rightous) won´t get a mayor nerf. Mitigation tools will be a big plus in times of "no lifesteal", no class can do same.
    Even "worst case scenarios" won´t change the fact that a warlock will saty 2. choice same as Devo OP will stay 2. choice beside a OP tank, maybe 1. choice beside a GF tank... if GF will ever be on par with that OP class, but i doubt this will happen, since OP has to suffer from changes same way (no: "My Devo can Bane boss and two striker at once")
    We talk about balance and new roles some classes will get. The game is in need of significant changes, since the distance between some classes and roles as it is now is significant, comparing those classes with each other, especially if you watch at the role of a healer.

It is valid to say: "the class is dead to me and I am tired to play a DC same as tired to be reduced to be the buff-slave for all those paingiver junkies" .. but in that case I propose to choose another class.
    I run a warlock, a DC, a GF, an OP and actually started a CW , since I was tired a bit to run actual content.
    Another alternative was to stop playing NWO and go somewhere else to find a way to waste my time outside reallife issues.
    But actually the discussion about classes and changes sounds pretty onesided.
    pitshade said:

The phrase 'dead to me' means that the speaker doesn't want anything to do with the subject. It says nothing about the subject but about the speaker's preferences.

In this instance, the meaning here is that Cat doesn't think that what the cleric will be in m16 is something that she is interested in. Doesn't matter if the class gets buffed or nerfed. The role of the DC was widely seen as buffing and that is likely to change. We don't know that the buff meta will be over in the coming mod but it is a safe bet. So the role that Cat signed up for is likely to be removed from the game and she is electing to focus in other characters.

Just No. The blog post states Cleric will have a Healing and a DPS paragon. Numerous dev posts since mod 12b have indicated that they will shift the game away from buffing, towards healing. These things are not assumptions, they are statements have been made over a year and a half by the people rebuilding the game.

No barrier. I read it and I am sure I understood the essence from: "the class is dead to me, I am tired to play a healer and I doubt my DC will ever be a first degree dps"
    Not much to get wrong same as my comment is exactly pointing at this concern: If you don´t like to play a buffer/heal , don´t do so. There are other classes ingame, and the fact that a class designed for support/heal (at least till mod 15) etc should prevent you right at the start of the game to even look into that class at all in case you don´t liek to play a support/heal/buffbot
    Same counts for other classes too.
    My GF is more or less a 2. degree tank. My Warlock a 2. degree striker and a 3. degree healer (actually he can´t even queue for that role) .
    I don´t step into this discussion and blame anyone for the fact of being practically "not wanted to dps with my striker, same as rarely asked to tank with my GF, beside doing the buffbot, and being requested to buff with my DC 24/7 outside premades"
    I build an OP that can handle allready most of the content, same as my CW grows from day to day.
    I think a classoverhaul is a good step, not knowing where the journey will end, and I also do not expect a perfect implementation of all those massive changes right from the start.
    The comments from devs about less buffs and leading the game and classes back into their innate roles allready started mods ago and it is a good decision i the sum. They started the process allready arround mod 9 or 10 or even former mods I think. Many changes took part and they also wrote they will go on that path, wich indicates that they do have a plan, same as their plan will go in small steps (as stated back then). But no worries, DC will not loose all that powerfull tools at once, no way.
    They litterally turn back all those crappy decisions that started, i guess mod 6, when you got oneshotted in most places, no matter if you run cragmire or went into Icewinddale solo.
    Anyway, in case mod 16 is a big annoyance I step back and might give it a try later.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

Doing absolutely nothing

Sure, we have to wait and see, but in general DC is one of the most powerfull classes if not the most powerfull class from all atm.
    Assuming the class will drop a bit won´t change anything, since the class is miles above others in terms of buffs, debuffs, mitigation tools same as flexibility to addpet to any situation.
    Just pretend mod 16 was allready life, you got 3 classes to pick as a healer to absolve endcontent.
    1. DC 2. OP 3. warlock, a class known to be "no choice" to fill the role of a full healer/supporter actually.
    DC will still be able to hold up HG 24/7, in case feats for encounter reset and capstones (rightous) won´t get a mayor nerf. Mitigation tools will be a big plus in times of "no lifesteal", no class can do same.
    Even "worst case scenarios" won´t change the fact that a warlock will saty 2. choice same as Devo OP will stay 2. choice beside a OP tank, maybe 1. choice beside a GF tank... if GF will ever be on par with that OP class, but i doubt this will happen, since OP has to suffer from changes same way (no: "My Devo can Bane boss and two striker at once")
    We talk about balance and new roles some classes will get. The game is in need of significant changes, since the distance between some classes and roles as it is now is significant, comparing those classes with each other, especially if you watch at the role of a healer.

It is valid to say: "the class is dead to me and I am tired to play a DC same as tired to be reduced to be the buff-slave for all those paingiver junkies" .. but in that case I propose to choose another class.
    I run a warlock, a DC, a GF, an OP and actually started a CW , since I was tired a bit to run actual content.
    Another alternative was to stop playing NWO and go somewhere else to find a way to waste my time outside reallife issues.
    pitshade said:

No barrier. I read it and I am sure I understood the essence from: "the class is dead to me, I am tired to play a healer and I doubt my DC will ever be a first degree dps"
    Not much to get wrong same as my comment is exactly pointing at this concern: If you don´t like to play a buffer/heal , don´t do so. There are other classes ingame, and the fact that a class designed for support/heal (at least till mod 15) etc should prevent you right at the start of the game to even look into that class at all in case you don´t liek to play a support/heal/buffbot
    My GF is more or less a 2. degree tank. My Warlock a 2. degree striker and a 3. degree healer (actually he can´t even queue for that role) .
    I don´t step into this discussion and blame anyone for the fact of being practically "not wanted to dps with my striker, same as rarely asks to tank with my GF, beside doing the buffbot, and being requested to buff with my DC 24/7 outside premades"
    I build an OP that can handle allready most of the content, same as my CW grows from day to day.
    I think a classoverhaul is a good step, not knowing where the journey will end, and I also do not expect a perfect implementation of all those massive changes right from the start.
    The comments from devs about less buffs and leading the game and classes back into their innate roles allready started mods ago and it is a good decision i the sum. They started the process allready arround mod 9 or 10 or even former mods I think. Many changes took part and they also wrote they will go on that path, wich indicates that they do have a plan, same as their plan will go in small steps (as stated back then). But no worries, DC will not loose all that powerfull tools at once, no way.
    They litterally turn back all those crappy decisions that started, i guess mod 6, when you got oneshotted in most places, no matter if you run cragmire or went into Icewinddale solo.
    Anyway, in case mod 16 is a big annoyance I step back and might give it a try later.
    With that being said, I am wondering did you make a CW to be DPS? do you expect your CW to have comparative DPS to say a GWF or TR of the same level? If so then you are making a double standard. You are correct that it does indicate that DC's are primarily focused on healing and buffing. But when you look at CW's they are primarily focused on Controlling enemies and having some damage. Compare that to a GWF or TR which is a striker making there primary roll to be a DPS, or to a Paladin who is a Defender yet still can dish out a lot of damage.

Telling someone they cant play a class a certain way when it is very feasible to actually do so is just wrong.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I'm just playing like I always have.

I'm pretty casual, so it all only matters so much to me.

When Mod16 goes to preview I will check it out to see what's what, but that's it.

I mean, right now I am mostly playing my Paladin. Maybe after Mod16 I will like my Ranger more. Maybe I will like my Rogue more. Maybe I will make a Cleric and see how they changed and decide that I like them most.

My first character was a Cleric and I kept them around for a long time after I lost interest in playing them, and then finally deleted them maybe a year or so ago. Now I am wishing that I hadn't done that.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Waiting to see whats, what on preview. Figure the % of players who are on the forums and know this is coming is small and the % that actually go onto preview to figure out just how this will work is even smaller still. Its like legal insider trading, will start my stock market speculations after that.

I mean there are 2 things that can happen, or anything in between. If as you said things like DG, BtS, at least one of the daily remain the playstyle itself wouldn't change much, and you'd also still a have a decent buff of maybe around 30% or something like that and hopefully have a semi-passive heal similar to what Virtuous & Faithful capstone provide.

What I read though is that Cat and many other DCs as well as Healadin OPs and Templock SWs have little interest in a more traditional healer role, which is fully understandable.
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I have to admit, I'm at a loss of understanding a lot of what is being stated here due to all the acronyms being thrown about. By any chance, is there a reference page for those?
    edited February 2019

I mean there are 2 things that can happen, or anything in between. If as you said things like DG, BtS, at least one of the daily remain the playstyle itself wouldn't change much, and you'd also still a have a decent buff of maybe around 30% or something like that and hopefully have a semi-passive heal similar to what Virtuous & Faithful capstone provide.

What I read though is that Cat and many other DCs as well as Healadin OPs and Templock SWs have little interest in a more traditional healer role, which is fully understandable.
    If we stay with the actual setup you have 1 dps, 3 buffer and 1 tank in most setups, healing is a side effect more or less.
    The diversity of roles is somehow pretty monotone, at least that´s what it feels like. Looking at actual K-Teams the GF-OP-DC +xy setup is pretty common.
    I do think reviving roles like defender/striker/leader/controler to make groupsetup a bit more challenging would be a good direction.
    I only hope they do recognize that it would be necessary to prevent classes to switch their roles inside a dungeon, wich would lead towards an abusive way to handle content -> chose role, done, no way back inside that dungeon.

Last comment towards DC. If you count powerbuffs + dps-buffs + debuffs + mitigationtools even on a low level in mod 16, there is nothing a 2. degree support like hunter, warlock , cw or GF can hold against.
    You have that HG x 0.35, you have those powerbuffs WoL/BoB about x 0.3-0.4, you have dDG x12.5%, BtS x0.2/Exaltation x0.12, a 42% debuff, same as a big chunk of mitigation (BtS, AS, DG ++) on top, wich itself will be a mayor argument to allways have a leader with tools like that in your party.
    Beside that there are player that like to play a healing class to prevent your party from simply dying and speed up a run significant.
    And I do not count those, who simply dislike the pretty common role of a leader/healer in a mmorpg, to be an average player or a majority, at least that´s what I think.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @prethen said:
    > I have to admit, I'm at a loss of understanding a lot of what is being stated here due to all the acronyms being thrown about. By any chance, is there a reference page for those?

The best NW acronym list is from a site we cannot reference here due to censorship. It is UNwelcome.

But here is an incomplete acronym list:
    ttps://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Help:Acronyms/Abbreviations
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    prethen said:

I have to admit, I'm at a loss of understanding a lot of what is being stated here due to all the acronyms being thrown about. By any chance, is there a reference page for those?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Help:Acronyms/Abbreviations

I haven't yet found a good page for summarizing the build names (Healadin, Burnadin, Templock, ACDC etc) so you prob still need to google those.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    prethen said:

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Help:Acronyms/Abbreviations

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    im actually the gwf carry

If we stay with the actual setup you have 1 dps, 3 buffer and 1 tank in most setups, healing is a side effect more or less.
    The diversity of roles is somehow pretty monotone, at least that´s what it feels like. Looking at actual K-Teams the GF-OP-DC +xy setup is pretty common.
    I do think reviving roles like defender/striker/leader/controler to make groupsetup a bit more challenging would be a good direction.
    I only hope they do recognize that it would be necessary to prevent classes to switch their roles inside a dungeon, wich would lead towards an abusive way to handle content -> chose role, done, no way back inside that dungeon.

Last comment towards DC. If you count powerbuffs + dps-buffs + debuffs + mitigationtools even on a low level in mod 16, there is nothing a 2. degree support like hunter, warlock , cw or GF can hold against.
    You have that HG x 0.35, you have those powerbuffs WoL/BoB about x 0.3-0.4, you have dDG x12.5%, BtS x0.2/Exaltation x0.12, a 42% debuff, same as a big chunk of mitigation (BtS, AS, DG ++) on top, wich itself will be a mayor argument to allways have a leader with tools like that in your party.
    Beside that there are player that like to play a healing class to prevent your party from simply dying and speed up a run significant.
    And I do not count those, who simply dislike the pretty common role of a leader/healer in a mmorpg, to be an average player or a majority, at least that´s what I think.

K-Team is actually similar to other MMORPGs if you have a GF tank with Knight's Valor and one or more healers specifically to keep the tank alive.

I don't disagree with the roles but I don't think there's enough and/or good enough content for controller or a traditional healer role. It would require a heavy rework (or removal *cough* Mod 6 *cough*) of most of the content.
    edited February 2019

Doing absolutely nothing

pitshade said:

I don´t step into this discussion and blame anyone for the fact of being practically "not wanted to dps with my striker, same as rarely asked to tank with my GF, beside doing the buffbot, and being requested to buff with my DC 24/7 outside premades"
    I really don't think you are understanding the meaning of dead to me. otherwise you would not keep up with this. dead to me, refers ONLY TO ME. I don't speak for the class or what others are going to do. it reflects my personal interest only. it has ZERO to do with the class as a whole. healers are going to be very important in the game. I JUST DON"T WANT TO BE ONE. lol. the topic of this thread is how are YOU preparing for the next mod. the things I replied were about me. not the whole.

I also don't think you've understood the dev blogs or you'd have a better understanding of just how much mod 16 is going to change the paragon
    the dc will not have the most buffs and debuffs in the game. they will have the most heals in the game. and their other paragon will have dps. DC is going to be heals and dps ONLY in the next mod. there are no more buff debuff classes (at least that's what is strongly implied)

pitshade was right. I signed on to be a buff debuff with some dps. I didn't sign on for full dc dps (because I doubt that it's going to be enough dps to stand with the dps classes, pretty sure they added it on so they'd be able to do solo content) they are making the class something different from what it was when I built it. that's all. If I'm going to dps I'm going to be in a full on dps class. and I really hate being a healer because in my experience people treat healers like hamster

buffers are going away. bye bye.. won't be part of the next mod.
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > Sure, we have to wait and see, but in general DC is one of the most powerfull classes if not the most powerfull class from all atm.
    > Assuming the class will drop a bit won´t change anything, since the class is miles above others in terms of buffs, debuffs, mitigation tools same as flexibility to addpet to any situation.
    > Just pretend mod 16 was allready life, you got 3 classes to pick as a healer to absolve endcontent.
    > I assure you 90% will saty with the DC out of those 3 options:
    > 1. DC 2. OP 3. warlock, a class known to be "no choice" to fill the role of a full healer/supporter actually.
    > Just pretend At Wills, encounter and dailies will stay as they actually are.
    > DC will still be able to hold up HG 24/7, in case feats for encounter reset and capstones (rightous) won´t get a mayor nerf. Mitigation tools will be a big plus in times of "no lifesteal", no class can do same.
    > Even "worst case scenarios" won´t change the fact that a warlock will saty 2. choice same as Devo OP will stay 2. choice beside a OP tank, maybe 1. choice beside a GF tank... if GF will ever be on par with that OP class, but i doubt this will happen, since OP has to suffer from changes same way (no: "My Devo can Bane boss and two striker at once")
    > We talk about balance and new roles some classes will get. The game is in need of significant changes, since the distance between some classes and roles as it is now is significant, comparing those classes with each other, especially if you watch at the role of a healer.
    >
    > It is valid to say: "the class is dead to me and I am tired to play a DC same as tired to be reduced to be the buff-slave for all those paingiver junkies" .. but in that case I propose to choose another class.
    > I run a warlock, a DC, a GF, an OP and actually started a CW , since I was tired a bit to run actual content.
    > Another alternative was to stop playing NWO and go somewhere else to find a way to waste my time outside reallife issues.
    > But actually the discussion about classes and changes sounds pretty onesided.
    >
    > I mean there are 2 things that can happen, or anything in between. If as you said things like DG, BtS, at least one of the daily remain the playstyle itself wouldn't change much, and you'd also still a have a decent buff of maybe around 30% or something like that and hopefully have a semi-passive heal similar to what Virtuous & Faithful capstone provide.
    >
    > What I read though is that Cat and many other DCs as well as Healadin OPs and Templock SWs have little interest in a more traditional healer role, which is fully understandable.
    >
    > If we stay with the actual setup you have 1 dps, 3 buffer and 1 tank in most setups, healing is a side effect more or less.
    > The diversity of roles is somehow pretty monotone, at least that´s what it feels like. Looking at actual K-Teams the GF-OP-DC +xy setup is pretty common.
    > I do think reviving roles like defender/striker/leader/controler to make groupsetup a bit more challenging would be a good direction.
    > I only hope they do recognize that it would be necessary to prevent classes to switch their roles inside a dungeon, wich would lead towards an abusive way to handle content -> chose role, done, no way back inside that dungeon.
    >
    > Last comment towards DC. If you count powerbuffs + dps-buffs + debuffs + mitigationtools even on a low level in mod 16, there is nothing a 2. degree support like hunter, warlock , cw or GF can hold against.
    > You have that HG x 0.35, you have those powerbuffs WoL/BoB about x 0.3-0.4, you have dDG x12.5%, BtS x0.2/Exaltation x0.12, a 42% debuff, same as a big chunk of mitigation (BtS, AS, DG ++) on top, wich itself will be a mayor argument to allways have a leader with tools like that in your party.
    > Beside that there are player that like to play a healing class to prevent your party from simply dying and speed up a run significant.
    > And I do not count those, who simply dislike the pretty common role of a leader/healer in a mmorpg, to be an average player or a majority, at least that´s what I think.
    >
    >
    > buffers are going away. bye bye.. won't be part of the next mod.

So you are a beta tester or at least have informations you should not share I assume