test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When did the game become Twilight the Game?

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Logged in last night after taking a year long break and much to my dismay what do I see? The intro video for the game featuring all stupid Dracula Vampire HAMSTER. What happened to this game it was alot of fun before now it just Twilight the Game all stupid vampire HAMSTER. Guess I'll be taking another long break...

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Yeah.. Vampires exist in the forgotten realms.

Shocker.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    The Ravenloft campaign was one of the better campaigns to come out. Forget about vamps, you really only deal with them occasionally during the campaign and then at the end for the epic dungeon. You are mostly battling werewolf lycanthropies, witches and their minions, nature demi-gods, etc. The night/day cycle is cool. Some like the hunts, not for me. The story of the dead that haunt the realm is cool. Etc.

I did this one first and now slashing my way through Chult and hating Chult in comparison.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    It's a bit like zombie movies or games you either like them or don't like them. I don't know what a Twilight is other then the memes, but Barovia is one of my favorite mods, I just wish Strahd would be a bit more... charismatic. If you haven't even started yet I'd give it at least a chance.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @ssbn655 said:
    > Logged in last night after taking a year long break and much to my dismay what do I see? The intro video for the game featuring all stupid Dracula Vampire <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What happened to this game it was alot of fun before now it just Twilight the Game all stupid vampire <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Guess I'll be taking another long break...

I guess you don't play much pen and paper d&d. Ravenloft is an official campaign setting in d&d.

> @aerhythia#3255 said:
    > It's a bit like zombie movies or games you either like them or don't like them. I don't know what a Twilight is other then the memes, but Barovia is one of my favorite mods, I just wish Strahd would be a bit more... charismatic. If you haven't even started yet I'd give it at least a chance.

Twilight is a (young adult, I think) novel series that was adapted into a movie series starring Robert Patterson and Kristen Stewart.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Ravenloft is STILL a better love story than Twi...eh, never mind....
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • omega13#2190 omega13 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    What is wrong with Vampiric Hamsters (especially Vampiric Miniature Giant Space Hamsters)? BOO! has officially sanctioned them!

*purrs*

*hugs BOO!*
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    The Vamps in Ravenloft don't sparkle so...not Twilight.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Quoted for Troof!

Vampires do NOT sparkle, dammit!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Sure they sparkle. Right before they fully ignite.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Ravenloft is not just vampires, Barovia is just one cursed land ruled over by the vampire lord Count Strahd Von Zarovich. He murdered his brother over the rival love of a woman and became a vampire. She jumped to her death, he now believes her soul to be trapped, and returning in the form of other women he makes his brides. If you think you are so bold, why not come to Barovia and defeat Strahd? Or does your sarcasm mask fear of him and his Night Terror? I guess you choose to remain safe, I don't see you as a coward.

If video games are not your thing, try the table top gaming.

First printed in "Ravenloft Campaign" © 1983 by TSR

The other "Dark Lords" of Ravenloft not in module 14 are listed in "Secrets of the Dread Realms" © 2001 - This 64 page book has all sorts of bad guys within that make Count Strahd Von Zarovich look like a sweet guy.

"Castle Ravenloft" © 2010 by Wizards of the Coast

I personally don't own the 5th edition remake "Curse of Strahd" © 2016 by Wizards of the Coast

Sparkle? I don't think so.

wb-cenders.gif
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    ssbn655 said:

Logged in last night after taking a year long break and much to my dismay what do I see? The intro video for the game featuring all stupid Dracula Vampire HAMSTER. What happened to this game it was alot of fun before now it just Twilight the Game all stupid vampire HAMSTER. Guess I'll be taking another long break...

If it was truly "Twilight" the game Strahd would be named Edward and we'd all be trying to date him, not stake him. And he'd be WAY more sparkly.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Nope, not even close, and I say this with 4/5 years of PTSD of having a sister obsessed with it...

Thread OP: this guy gets it.

If it was truly "Twilight" the game Strahd would be named Edward and we'd all be trying to date him, not stake him. And he'd be WAY more sparkly.

Also, if it really were Twilight, you're missing the most important part of the story: the van.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Consider yourself lucky they left the Ravenloft dressings on the game portal.

You might otherwise have had to endure the Comedy Stylings of "Acquisitions Incorporated".
    They do funny voices, and repetitive use of cliche as irony, and everything.
    They make you do this one quest over and over and over if you want to fill the weekly campaign quota. (Luckily for me I couldn't care less if they paid me, So I've only done it once.)

But apparently it's HAMSTER hilarious.

Ravenloft, on the other hand, is a mainstay of D&D that's been around for, ooohh... 30 odd years. AND it's actually quite entertaining to run as a player.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    ssbn655 said:

ok bye bye, dont let the door hit u in the head.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    This complaint is about as equal as saying I logged in and the first enemy I saw was a zombie in the intro zone. It must be a twilight game. close this troll thread!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

This complaint is about as equal as saying I logged in and the first enemy I saw was a zombie in the intro zone. It must be a twilight game. close this troll thread!

You mean walking dead game. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Quoted for Troof!

Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion! :'(
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I have to agree with you there, according to the original poster's comment log, he pokes his head in every 2 years just to complain us users.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    If you want to take a long break then because of Mod 15 and/or 16.

Since we already fight zombies or werewolfs before it definitely fits the game.

@darpendragon: Ty.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Quoted for Troof!

Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion! :'(
    Well, yeah. They are well known 'bee snaggers!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    WHAT.. you actually pay attention mob classes..

I just destroy them all equally.. press escape as fast as possible.. I cant fully tell you if I know one story line all that well.

esc esc esc.. darn why cant i skip this one.. esc esc esc..

I always continually hit 6 or 7 in dungeons.. because I cant stand not being mounted between mob packs.. I figure the game will break down one day and allow me to do it..

esc esc esc..