test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prep for mod 16

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
Kinda got bummed about changes coming, mostly crit/ls.
Based on the info we’ve got do you guys think it would be a good idea to trade out crit (down to 50%) and lifesteal for defense and deflect? I’m also kinda wondering with combat advantage being 100% cap if I should start building that, I’m currently at 10.2%.?

Comments

• typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I agree with @rjc9000. A more detailed post is supposedly coming to explain the HR class changes in depth. Wait for that and then decide what to do.
    Extraneous Typo

• mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Sorry guys I was in panic mode when I heard bout the changes.ill try to be patient, I’m glad there’s a community like this to keep me from going crazy 😜,thanku for the advice,.hmm my crit was my companion and bondings pop I’m in the 28k range. So I guess I’ll just keep working my companions to legendary and wait and see....
    Oh and typo man I appreciate all the info you gave on hybrid arch/combat builds. My 14k ranger is awesome because of you bro
    @rjc9000
    @typo#6563
    @benyr

Starting to get the itch already guy, i wanna trade lifesteal for defense so bad it burns, ..talk me down guys!😜
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    HR is the most uncertain. How will they handle Trapper/Combat/Archery now.

My first guess is that the trapper of old will cease to exist. They will not allow encounter spam to continue.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Starting to get the itch already guy, i wanna trade lifesteal for defense so bad it burns, ..talk me down guys!😜

Currently, HR benefits very little from defense. This is due to the HR's low base damage resistance and the common Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus which will kill the need for Defense in good team. You are currently better off with HP (and some Lifesteal, but it's gone in Mod 16, so...) in terms of defensive stats.

The trend of HR's defensive stats does does not change in Mod 16, based on the information we know. If you want to know why, I did an analysis of the 3 defensive stats available in the link blow.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1246081/mod-16-defensive-stats-discussion-suggestion

On the assumptions the dev team won't change anything about defensive stats, if you really want to plan ahead, buy Radiants for the HP.

Defense and Deflect are not worth the effort on HR and I personally do not think Awareness is worth stacking for PvE builds either. Good positioning will help you stay alive far better than any of the Awareness stat will.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    yeah we really don't know what the hr is going to look like if like any of the current builds at all. we don't know what stats we're going to need or not need. are you on console or pc? if you're on console you're months out from this. wait and see what pc does before making any plans in the mean time just keep playing as you are.

I know nothing but I'd also try and go with two stat and three stat enchants over one stat enchants. except for some azures because you're going to want the xp gain to get to lvl 80
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Jesus. So from the numbers, my current 100% crit rate with pet buff will add up to 50% in pve. And knowing pvp ppl, they'll stack whatever crit avoidance is like crazy....
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I think @rjc9000 has given an excellent answer to you @mikewho#5331 :) Nice work there @rjc9000!

Extraneous Typo

Personally, I'll be stacking the new crying-in-a-corner enchants, and buying the masterwork neck/waist set that adds +4 to my worry and stress stats.
    edited February 2019
    @rjc9000
    Thanks for the info man , I’m forcing myself to only tinker with my companions (for now), I’ve traded out his LS darks for HP radiants, and swapped his rings for HP primals. On a positive side he’s not dying near as much!
    @jonkoca
    Lol man I hear you 😓
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    People really aren't understanding how the Crit. chance change will work.

While it won't be a 1:1 equivalence, the addition of Crit. Resist for all enemies (and ourselves) means that if you currently have 100% Crit. chance now, that will translate into ~50% Crit. chance under the new system.

For example if you were to cut back Crit. chance to 50% now, you would likely end up with a 20-25% Crit. chance on average under the new system.

If we take the Dev's. example and use that then:

In the first area of Mod16 the enemies will have a Crit. Resist of 16k. (subject to change as noted)

In order to have a 50% Crit. chance against those enemies you will require a Crit. stat of 38500 minimum.

This is 500 x 45 at the 500 stat points to 1% value + the 5% base Crit. Chance value + the 16k Crit. Resist of the enemy added to find the pre-subtraction value needed.

This is of course all subject to change and without any other Crit. Chance modifying effects which will likely be minimal if that in order to simplify the calculation to stats only.

@tgwolf
    That helps to man , I think I’m finally startin to grasp it,

You know what I just realized I would miss using extremely repetitively the most? Forest ghost :( , I’ve become one with forest to many times , I’m already detoxing!!😦 lol?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if everyone turned to a "no crit, all into Combat Advantage and Power" strategy but time will tell.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone turned to a "no crit, all into Combat Advantage and Power" strategy but time will tell.

Wonder how good, or devalued the razorwood will become. Well, regardless that 25% extra CA is insanely good.

Dumb question, but I thought CA just added crit severity anyway, so you'd still need to crit..?
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    @jonkoca nope, you get CA bonus normally its just that CA dmg and CRIT SEV gets added together instead of getting multipled.
    example : 50% crit severity and 50% ca bonus.
    this is how it works :::: crit with ca is 100% base dmg + 50%ca +50% crit sev for 200%dmg.
    this is how its supposed to work :::: (1+0.50) x (100%+0.50)=2.25 meaning 225% dmg.
    edited February 2019
    > @leonidrex said:
    > @jonkoca nope, you get CA bonus normally its just that CA dmg and CRIT SEV gets added together instead of getting multipled.
    > example : 50% crit severity and 50% ca bonus.
    > this is how it works :::: crit with ca is 100% base dmg + 50%ca +50% crit sev for 200%dmg.
    > this is how its supposed to work :::: (1+0.50) x (100%+0.50)=2.25 meaning 225% dmg.

Wait a minute I thought that going over 11% CA was a Jane specified no no and going over had a deminishing return( which I’ll pretend to understand what that is), and wasn’t worth the investment,,I been holding back on CA because of that,😧
    Help me! my tiny brain hurts!

Oh and thanks again to everyone who’s has guided me through my neverwinter journey, it’s most appreciated! I’ve finally been able to survive more! Like FBI I couldn’t even join in the battles a month ago, now I’m surviving up to the 🐢! I’ve got enough balls now to take on
    Trexs and started doing Barovia!
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Dumb question, but I thought CA just added crit severity anyway, so you'd still need to crit..?

To complete @leonidrex 's answer,

- if you crit but don't have combat advantage, you get your crit severity multiplier only
    - if you don't crit but have combat advantage, you get your CA multiplier only
    - if you both crit and have combat advantage, you get both multipliers but they are added together instead of being added seperately.

At the moment, getting 100% crit chance is mandatory, getting a lot of Critical Severity and Combat Advantage Damage (the multiplier) is great but getting a lot of Combat Advantage Bonus (the rating) is mediocre because of the diminishing returns on it.

We, of course, don't know yet how it's gonna work in Neverwinter v2 but what we do know (crit chance base 5% max 50%, crit severity base 50% instead of 75% not completely about this one , combat advantage damage base 10% max 100%, opposing rolls) would have me believe that stacking the new combat advantage rating (with no diminishing return this time) is gonna be a lot better than stacking critical strike.
    edited February 2019
    Cool beanz. Glad I bought that tree pet when it was cheap lol. Aspect of the pack ftw.
    edited February 2019
    @jonkoca
    Jon wats you CA % wise and have you noticed a major increase in the Damage as you stacked, cause I’m about to stack some more if it does. I think my stat number is in like 3800 ish and I’m at 10.2 ish, I could be wrong, my wife’s watching wheel of fortune atm so I can’t check
    Sorry if asking your % is too personal lol , is that allowed in the forums?

Edit mines at 2296 and 10.1%
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    In the current build of the game, the CA substat suffers severe diminishing returns as you get in the mid 1000s, and there is effectively no point to purposely padding it to 2k+. Keep in mind that the % you get from this stat is added to your total CA modifier, which is influenced by things like your ability scores, your base CA value (15%), boons, and companion bonuses. In other words, 3.8k is currently WAY too much.

As far as Mod 16 goes, only the testers currently under NDA know exactly how it's going to work, but enough information has been published in dev blogs to give us a hint that major changes are incoming.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    right now i got 101% crit, but my stats are 18k crit and according to the post the first level in the new zone will be 16000 crit resistance. I calculated that out to about 5% crit, add in the 5% base crit and i get 10%. Depending on the boons and the stat changes, you might want to try to get more crit items and not less. However, the way i see it, is that the developers are aiming the damage towards non crit values and the crit is a bonus to that. So players like power OP's will probably do better than mixed crit/power OP's. Best to wait unitl the 1st of march to find out what the new system will be like in preview.
    Haven't got a tonne of CA stat - maybe 1500 or so, 1000 of that from an artifact. I have high cha though, and a couple of boons.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Another element to the changes that people overlook and I've mentioned on Reddit but not here is that people act like they believe the Dev. team only controls/alters our characters and not enemies.

Why do you think enemies are so bulky half the time and reliant on OSK to kill you? Because LS and unchecked 100% Crit. chance made it necessary, Recovery basically eliminating CDs removed the need to think. We'd be unstoppable gods if they didn't, hell anyone over 14.5k basically is right now and it only gets worse as you move toward Max iLvL.

Without these things, not only the player system but enemy systems can be brought in line.

Take Skyforge for example, exceptionally high Might stats and the resulting HP values alone were getting ridiculous. A Boss could easily break 50-60, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 HP, player HP was in the Billions (represented as G, cause Russian) and honestly, it was magnitudes of ridiculous.

So they changed it so Might was a set value stat, not based on multipliers and scaled it equivalency back so that player HP was in the lower - mid millions (in god form) and Bosses have HP in at most the 100s of millions.

While at the core, it didn't change everything, it instead created manageable scenarios where numbers were clear and justifiable instead of out of control just because.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    tgwolf said:

Another element to the changes that people overlook and I've mentioned on Reddit but not here is that people act like they believe the Dev. team only controls/alters our characters and not enemies.

Why do you think enemies are so bulky half the time and reliant on OSK to kill you? Because LS and unchecked 100% Crit. chance made it necessary, Recovery basically eliminating CDs removed the need to think. We'd be unstoppable gods if they didn't, hell anyone over 14.5k basically is right now and it only gets worse as you move toward Max iLvL.

Without these things, not only the player system but enemy systems can be brought in line.

Take Skyforge for example, exceptionally high Might stats and the resulting HP values alone were getting ridiculous. A Boss could easily break 50-60, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 HP, player HP was in the Billions (represented as G, cause Russian) and honestly, it was magnitudes of ridiculous.

So they changed it so Might was a set value stat, not based on multipliers and scaled it equivalency back so that player HP was in the lower - mid millions (in god form) and Bosses have HP in at most the 100s of millions.

While at the core, it didn't change everything, it instead created manageable scenarios where numbers were clear and justifiable instead of out of control just because.

now they are replacing those stats with other stats. it might very well still mean that the very hard nerf coming out way will make old enemies much more difficult to pass and live thru. we don't know yet and I have seen no evidence that they are requiring any testing with under geared toons.

really the way this company does testing is just weird compared to the ways I've seen testing done at other companies. most other companies focus on the bare minimum gear you can have for a zone not the elite.

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Haven't got a tonne of CA stat - maybe 1500 or so, 1000 of that from an artifact. I have high cha though, and a couple of boons.

well, 15% ca is base, you ill easly get 8% from CA stat. and some from charisma lets say 5%. it makes 28%, boon increases that by 10% to around 30%. its preety good.
    edited February 2019
    I've got that then lol.

I was also wondering if, post mod16, old dungeons and well, everything, will become insanely hard.

Lf4 more dreadspire, 16k+ plz exp. + scrolls....😲