test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTA: Pit Fight impressions

vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Overall this CTA worked much better. The event can count to 10 now, 1 dye appears to drop from each run, tokens granted properly, no 'duplicate item' messages or extra reward boxes left over.

The only actual 'bug' I noticed was that occasionally, Bristle Spiders would apparently get a leg poked through the gate just as it was opening, then lifted up with the gate and stuck up there, untargetable and not moving. Usually, if everyone backed to the other side of the arena and dismissed all pets, it would come down and we could kill it.

Non-bug issues: Times when gates would open, wait a while, then close with nothing coming out. Times when gates would open, then nothing would come out for 20-30 seconds. Kyorl'urn re-appearing (image only, not targetable or doing anything) on the undead round and staying until Mog-whatever the Undying is killed. Occasional loot drops that pop onto the edge of one of the gate ledges, and then could not be picked up.

I ran this CTA 15 times (150 individual runs). The average time to complete was 36 minutes, from hitting the first 'K' to join the CTA, to exiting the last portal and looking at the store to sell drops and make sure I had a token. All runs were straight through, no stops or breaks, at end of each round, claim the chest then hit K again to join the next run - no portaling/zone between runs.

That still means that 12 tokens will take approximately 7 hours of running fairly trivial, repetitive content (spread over 4-6 months or however long the full season takes). I found Pit Fight a bit less tedious than Storm Front, mostly because it was all in one smaller area... but after the first 100 runs it was really boring to continue.

As a side note, with the purple mount being one of the better drops from the CTA: Season; in all the runs from the first CTA (about 460 runs) plus the current one (610 runs total), I've had one purple mount drop.

With the lack on info on the 2-pc set bonus for the Mighty weapons, and the fact they are level 70 when level 80 is coming shortly, at this point it's hard to tell if it's worth continuing with the event. The Griffin could be nice I guess but I have pretty good mounts already.

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Correct me if I am wrong but this event will still be going on past the launch of Mod 16 so those LV 70 weapon sets (of which we still don't know their set bonuses) will be garbage.

Can you at least make this Epic and have them scale per level like some belt and other items do?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Correct me if I am wrong but this event will still be going on past the launch of Mod 16 so those LV 70 weapon sets (of which we still don't know their set bonuses) will be garbage.

Based on what? Fears?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Well, when the cap went to 70 the green items we got from Drowned Shore were better than the level-60 Epic weapons at the time. The concern is not entirely unfounded.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    And with the event crossing the bridge and the devs not being entirely done, they may be altered.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Yeah. I chose to hold onto my tokens from the CtA, to see what comes in the first post-m16 CtA, and what changes might happen..
  • cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    1. Many items will update with mod 16
    2. Weapon set bonus is known.
    3. It's a huge damage boosting bonus. Maybe the highest % increase we cand ever have if the bonus will stack in party.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just watched the "Driftwood Tavern State of the Game" and someone in chat must have asked the question about the weapons from both of the new events, Thomas Foss only answered it by saying that the level 80, new weapons will definitely be better than what we have now......this was a bit vague to me as he didn't actually answer the question about the "event" sets but lumped them in with the older weapons, when they open this up to preview this should be asked about again, if they are not going to scale these "event sets" up to the new level 80, then what's the point of trying to get them, most of this new stuff isn't even popping up on the collections page
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

I just watched the "Driftwood Tavern State of the Game" and someone in chat must have asked the question about the weapons from both of the new events, Thomas Foss only answered it by saying that the level 80, new weapons will definitely be better than what we have now......this was a bit vague to me as he didn't actually answer the question about the "event" sets but lumped them in with the older weapons, when they open this up to preview this should be asked about again, if they are not going to scale these "event sets" up to the new level 80, then what's the point of trying to get them, most of this new stuff isn't even popping up on the collections page

Yeah, I was spamming that question so he might have been answering one of my posts. He used what we call in the office "weasel words". But the gist I got was all the 70 (junk) will be left the same because you will need it in Undermountain.... for about 5 min till you pick up something better off the floor that is higher level. So my guess is that 70 level stuff is now only good till you hit Undermountain.

In fact for a new player with a new toon, as soon as you hit LV 70, you could just tag along with others who are stronger and just pick up higher level gear and wear that gear and go back and complete the 70 level campaigns. That is what I would do.

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @pitmonster#5684 I agree, and since mod 16 will be out before anyone can get the 2 weapon set from either of the new events, what's the point lol

I also noticed on Monday there was a nerf done in the event store sometime after 10 am pst, I had bought a few of the companion equip boxes on my main and paid 100 medallions for them, just around lunchtime I was in an alt and went to the store and the price changed to 200 medallions, I hope thisisn't going to be the "normal" thing happening from now on.....