test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make CTA rewards only claimable with damage dealt

I had a 5 minute CTA because I had 2 AFKers and the only 2 other people playing were trying but were 4k and 3k item level, and the 15k pally and 13k CW stayed at the campfire. Not gonna waste my vote kick on this. Please come up with some way to discourage people from AFKing these events. I know I could get guildies or solo q, but I just want to get thru all my toons as quick as possible, and friends and guildies aren't always available, and soloing this particular skirmish takes a few minutes with all the areas to go to. Surely there must be a way to make the chest only claimable upon actual participation? Otherwise, I really like how the changes to the CTAs make them worth running. Reporting and blocking these idiots does no good, and it's happened during more runs than it hasn't.

Comments

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Really easy to deal a little damage then afk.
    I think the best solution would be to incorporate players' block lists when assembling a queue. This would allow individual players to police their own games. Is it open to abuse? - no more than doing nothing. Aside from that, taking a little time to compile lists and penalize the most frequently reported players would go a long way. I don't think it would surprise anyone to learn that a lot of the players that are reported, are reported dozens of times a week, hundreds of times a year.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    You don't have enough time generally in a CTA for a vote kick.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.