test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artisan Application Nerf?

As the title says, has there been a nerf to the artisan applications?

I have workshop level 4 on one toon and workshop level 3 on three others. I have gone getting 4-5 applicants in a 24 hour period to getting 1-2 applicants over a 72-96 hour period. I thought at first it was just a bad week. But it has been going on like this for a month.

Covert nerf? Or did I miss a patch note?

Or am I just special. :'(

If it matters, I did the Karmela recruitment quest, but after seeing her stats on preview I haven't bothered assigning her to a profession. So her and a bunch of other people are hanging around in my workshop. probably just coincidental though.
Main: Angels Scar
Guild: Ruathym Corsairs

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Posts: 4,031Member Arc User
    Haven't done rigorous testing but there appears to be a correlation between visits to the workshop and applications However, with multiple people making the same number if visits, the range while higher still produced some with only 1 applicant. Once there were none while other characters with the same visits got 5.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Posts: 186Member Arc User
    Hmmm, that could be it. I'll see if that makes a difference to the numbers.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Posts: 778Member Arc User
    I have also experienced a similar dropoff in applications, and it also corresponds with a drop in my rate of visiting the workshop.
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Posts: 33Member Arc User
    What annoys me is the blatant push towards buying better artisans with the fact I have received no even half decent artisans for about two centuries.
  • manjusriyamantakmanjusriyamantak Posts: 206Member Arc User
    My sense is that you get more applications when you have fewer artisans employed.

It may also be that you get fewer purple artisans when you already have more purples. After I opened all the “rollovers” from the previous system in mid-December, I’ve gotten about 2 more purple applications. I was getting about 1 a week before that.
    Take my advice. I'm not using it.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Posts: 186Member Arc User
    Interesting, since I started hanging out at my workshop a bit more I have been getting about 1 applicant per day. An increase over the one a week it had dropped to. I have had one purple applicant since I upgraded to WS4. That was about 8 weeks ago so not a good rate. I haven't opened my applicant scrolls yet and probably won't until I have to. If and when I have a bunch of terrible purples is probably when I'll open them. The chance of better purples is higher if you already have all the HAMSTER ones right? ;)